How do I replace an invaild mail sever account at startup?

I put the wrong account type when doing the start up wizard for outlook. Now
it tells me that it is invalid but will not keep the program open so I can
delete the account and open the correct one.

Thank you
0
Brnigurl (1)

Since you did not state your version of Outlook, start in Control Panel,
Mail Icon.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Brnigurl asked:

| I put the wrong account type when doing the start up wizard for
| outlook. Now it tells me that it is invalid but will not keep the
| program open so I can delete the account and open the correct one.
|
| Thank you

0
MillyS (3228)

Mail size limit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Every time I try to send an email with an attachment over 2GB, I can get an message unable to send due to file size exceeds limits. Is there a fix or ideal solution to increase the limit or to turn off size limitations? Unfortunately most mail hosting company's have a size limit no more then 50mb. This is considered a standard. <br><br>Recommend splitting the file into smaller .zip or .rar files or transferring your data directly to a server where people can access using FT...

E-mail Queue
Hello, I've followed TechKnowledge article 870063 and have e- mail queues working from external addresses. How do I get e-mail to flow to these queues from internal Exchange addresses? We would like to use CRM email exclusively for this account. Thanks for any help. Scott Internal email can't be routed to queues unfortunately. I am not aware of anyone finding a workaround for this issue either. Anyone heard of anything? Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Scott" wrote: > > Hello, > > I've followed TechKnowledge article 870063 and hav...

Office Default Mail Client
I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will not let me edit it in outlook or through control panel. Does anyone know how I might repair this, I tried to fix the mail client in the registery by deleting it and running repair on on the outlook setup but this did not fix my problem. Mark wrote: >I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version >this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will >not let me ed...

Asset accounts for cars and depreciation question
I have an asset account for my car so I can weigh it against money I borrowed to finance it. Over time the car will, of course, depreciate and I was wondering how others are accounting for this. Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Richard Annual adjustments in value to reflect www.nadaguides.com, entered as an expense categorized as transportation. You can categorize it however you choose. I believe GAAP requires not revising the actual asset account, but creating a contra-asset account and expensing that. Management reports then include both asset and contra-asset, which ...

A script to replace a value with another
i want to replace a field with another within the same Contact record. Is there any example that you can show me? i'll doing this to over 5,000 records. i'm using Outlook 2002, personal use. rayswchiu -- Phone: (852) 9258 6600 Email: rayswchiu@gmail.com ...

select case to replace text with different text
I'm trying to use a Select Case in a Private Sub Worksheet_Change event to do the following: if I type w in a cell in col B, I want to replace it with WIDGETS if I type g in a cell in col B, I want to replace it with GIDGETS seems like it should be simple but I can't come up with the code. On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:28:54 -0600, "John" <nodak457@yahoo.com> wrote: >I'm trying to use a Select Case in a Private Sub Worksheet_Change event to >do the following: > >if I type w in a cell in col B, I want to replace it with WIDGETS >if ...

Specify account to send from
I tried replying to a work email earlier tonight and after I sent it, although I specified which account to send the email from, the saved sent message said it had been sent from my personal (default) account. I've got four accounts on Outlook, so I tested them against each other and found that all my messages sent from my personal (default) account came through fine, but all the messages sent from the other accounts to my personal (default) account said they had been sent by my personal (default) account. Anyone have an idea why this is happening and how I can fix it? ...

An OL folder has changed from Mail to Calendar
I have a user (using Outlook XP on WinXP, Exchange 2000) who has a folder in their inbox that contains emails. Last week he received an email which went into that folder, and somehow converted it from Post to Appointment format, so he can no longer get to the emails that were previously in there. I've never seen or heard of this before, and I don't seem to be able to manually change it. Has anyone seen this before, and if so, what can I do to get access to the emails it originally contained? Cheers, Gavan Blunt. What happens if you use Advanced Find? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

Search and Replace, or Add New Row
I am using Excel 2003. Worksheet1 contains columns (A) Invoice (B) Name (C) Address (D) P.O.# ... and others. I need to perform a search of column A using an invoice number and if it IS FOUND, then replace the entire row with new data. If the invoice number IS NOT FOUND, then I need to add a new row. Is there a simple way to do this? Check your other post.. "GEdwards" wrote: > I am using Excel 2003. > > Worksheet1 contains columns > (A) Invoice > (B) Name > (C) Address > (D) P.O.# ... and others. > > I need to...

accounting (different) State holidays
This is a call to the quintessence - the fifth and highest source o intelegence known to mankind (the WWW) I work with performance reporting, the performance of an activity i calculated by comparing the actual (number of days) with the agree days for the activity I use NETWORKING DAYS and can get the result. But now I am going NATIONAL and the holidays in each state i different, so I am not able to use the NETWORKING DAYS (with holidays to meet my requirement Can you please assist? Thanks and regards, Ra -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Raj Could you use an IF or ...

Match Duplicate Accounts doesn't work?
I just recently upgarded my Money 2004 to 2006 Deluxe. To take advantage of new features, I started setting up the online services for my checking account. I was able to have Money establish a connection w/ my bank and login w/ my supplied username and password. Then I got to the part where Money asks "Are you already keeping track of any of these accounts ..." - Yes - No - I'm not sure So, I select Yes because I have indeed already set up that account (and have many years worth of data in it!). Then I click thex Next buton whic...

Attachments to E-mail
When typing email and go to add attachment, it puts attachment in body of e-mail and reipeinets can't see. every once in a while the attachment gets put into seperate attachment area and then ok to see. Any recommendations. Thanks Versions would help troubleshooting, but I'll take a stab anyway. Does this occur when you send email with attachments to yourself? It could be that you're sending a type of file that the recipient has blocked in their configuration. It could be an issue between sending messages using HTML vs Plain Text. Not everyone can read HTML. It may ...

where can i find the meaning of all icons next to a received mail
"Rolls" <Rolls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9729F859-6E44-46D8-A571-78E9A5977144@microsoft.com... > Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question. Have a look here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/icons_mail.htm -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) ...

CAN'T E-MAIL BIZ CARD ATTCHMT
HI AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO E- MAIL AN ATTCHMT TO MY EDITOR, AND GOING NUTS...I WORK FOR A SANTA MONICA PAPER, IT'S A BUSINESS CARD W/GRAPHICS ON IT AND THE DARN M.PUBLISHER WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ALSO MY BOSS WANTS IT IN JPEG OR EPS(I DON'T HAVE EPS) AND THESE OPTIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED FROM PUBLISHER TO 'SAVE AS'. IT WOULD BE A BIG PROBLEM IF IT WAS A NEW CUSTOMER WHO ASKS ME TO DEVELOP SENT ART INTO A DISPLAY AD W/GRAPHICS & TEXT, BUT RIGHT NOW IT'S MY BOYFRIENDS' CO. BIZ CARD HE MADE IN M.PUB. ON MY COMPUTER FOR ME TO PUT IN MY...

MS Money won't update some accounts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C66FBD.344D48A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable OS: Windows XP Pro, all patches from MS up to date. ZoneAlarm firewall; = McAfee AV Sent the following message to MS support this afternoon: Purchased MS Money Premium 2006 off of the MS website about a year ago. = All was working well until about 4-6 weeks ago. Symptoms and = observations: --MS Money can not update some bank accounts (Pentagon Federal Credit = Union, ETrade) and=20 some credit cards ...

returned mail undeliverable
Hi, I have posted before but the methods that were explained to me didn't work. My isp is Freeserve, but I do not use thier e mail account. I have one private domain and one Yahoo account set up in Outlook. Everything has been working fine up until a few weeks ago when I started to get Unable to send messages and undeliverable message returned mail. Now I have sent test messages to myself from either account and replied to them and all seems to be working fine. I have had family mail me as a test and I have replied with no problem, so why am I getting undeliverable messages and returned ma...

confirguring outlook accounts
When I opened microsoft outlook 2003 for the first time I get the following message: unable to open your default email folders. Outlook could not start because a data file to send and recieve email could not be found. To add a data file, such as personal folder double click on the mail icon in the control panel. I am not using outlook for my email. I go online for this. I need to use outlook for my contact manager. How can I set up outlook 2003. I need help ASAP!!!!!!!!! sue Do you have any data files (PST / Personal Folders) defined in the Control Panel's Mail applet? You needed...

Outlook won't break lines in received plain text e-mail
Hello. I'm using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP. I moved my .pst file from another Outlook 2000 on Win98. Plain text e-mails show no line breaks. I remember on the previous Outlook I modified a registry key so they would show correctly. Do you know how to fix this? Example: MEDIA RELATIONS OFFICE JET PROPULSION LABORATORY CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION PASADENA, CALIFORNIA 91109. TELEPHONE (818) 354-5011 http://jpl.convio.net/site/R?i=I- hdBIN6ChJO-3BCLCXxIg.. http://jpl.convio.net/site/R? i=QKroV09E4GFO-3BCLCXxIg.. Guy Webster (818) ...

User Account Management (Domain User account set-up
I set up a user in CRM, but typed in the Domain Logon Name incorrectly during the initial user set up process. When I go back to the user id, the Domain Name field is grayed out. Does anyone know how I can correct this? -thx/Alex You need to deactivite the user and create a new user. You can assign the new user the deactiviated user's license. Linda >-----Original Message----- >I set up a user in CRM, but typed in the Domain Logon >Name incorrectly during the initial user set up process. > >When I go back to the user id, the Domain Name field is >grayed out. D...

Renaming a mail site
Is it possible to rename our existing mailsite in Exchange 5.5? Sorry, nope. If its just for display sake you can change the display name on the properties of the Site. This can get confusing down the road though. -- Michael Barta [MSFT] Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "KJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a37501c44e55$f6423fa0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possibl...

Can not receive setup and account udpates from FirstMerit Bank
Just recently purchased Money Plus Deluxe 2008. When trying to setup my FirstMerit bank account to receive automated updates, I get an MSN error code of -3003. I've tried setting up the account over the last two weeks and I receive the same error message everytime. The -3003 error code description on MSN is: "The website for the bank or brokerage has changed, and the data provider can no longer obtain information from this site. Contact Microsoft Product Support Services and notify the support agent that your bank or brokerage website has changed recently. " I contacted...

Old mail deletion without recipient policies
Hi, I own an exchange 2003 server. I want to delete mail older then 90 days (for example). However, I used some software to archive all the old mail first, but this tool marked the emails which it imported so all modification dates are resetted. Since the mailbox manager uses this date too to check how old the mail is I cant remove them anymore. Does anyone knows an alternative way to delete mail which has been recivied before a certain date? Preferably on the server, not the client. Thanks > Hi, > > I own an exchange 2003 server. I want to delete mail older then 90 days > (fo...

Remove/add accounts
We do not have Exchange Server in house, we have Outlook on each of our hard drives. I need help with the following please: How do I remove one user's e-mail information, calendar, etc., from Outlook and Add another user's information? When I attempted to remove the "account", and import the new .pst file, it added the new user's information to the previous user's information. thank you for any assistance. Todd Diamante (615) 251-4674 X225 "Todd" <tdiamante@signaturehealth.com> wrote in message news:102601c36197$d9da8a80$a101280a@phx.gbl >...

Office X as the default address book / mail client
Is there a way to make the office suite of products the default for the Mac OS X system? Ie, when I use Safari and it has the "add to Address book" button and I click it it brings me to iAddress Book (or what ever the freebie mac address book program is called) same is true for the calendar functions. Can I get the mac interface buttons to take me to places in entourage?? I'd bet I'm not the only guy that likes the integrated features of office and would like to use them system wide on my mac. -- v/r, Joel S. Magsig CPT, AV U.S. Army Joel.magsig@us.army.mil Joel.magsig@...

New e-mail in blue font versus black font?
What is the difference between new e-mail when it shows in blue font vs. black font? mac Blue font. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, mac asked: | What is the difference between new e-mail when it shows in blue font | vs. black font? | | mac ...