how do I import my address book from another e-mail account

I have  peoplepc as my current isp and want to cancel that account.  I need
to export my address book to a .csv file in order to import it into my
outlook account.  How do I do this
0
chivagirl (4)

Once Outlook is set up and running, Import your csv file, within outlook

"chivagirl" <chivagirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have  peoplepc as my current isp and want to cancel that account.  I need
> to export my address book to a .csv file in order to import it into my
> outlook account.  How do I do this

0
DL
12/30/2007 8:39:32 PM
chivagirl <chivagirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have  peoplepc as my current isp and want to cancel that account.
> I need to export my address book to a .csv file in order to import it
> into my outlook account.  How do I do this

What mail client are you using with your peoplepc connection?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> chivagirl <chivagirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I have  peoplepc as my current isp and want to cancel that account.
> > I need to export my address book to a .csv file in order to import it
> > into my outlook account.  How do I do this
>
> What mail client are you using with your peoplepc connection?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
chivagirl (4)
12/30/2007 9:17:00 PM
To put it another way how do you access your email currently

> I have no ideaQ!!
>

> "Brian Tillman" wrote:
>
>> chivagirl <chivagirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I have  peoplepc as my current isp and want to cancel that account.
>> > I need to export my address book to a .csv file in order to import it
>> > into my outlook account.  How do I do this
>>
>> What mail client are you using with your peoplepc connection?
>> --
>> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
DL
12/30/2007 10:11:23 PM
I would sign on through peoplepc (dial-up).  I recently moved and went with
new phone & internet.  Now I have qwest high-speed, and I want to cancel the
dial-up account w/out losing all my e-mail contacts.

"DL" wrote:

> To put it another way how do you access your email currently
>
> "chivagirl" <chivagirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I have no ideaQ!!

> >> What mail client are you using with your peoplepc connection?
> >> --
> >> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
chivagirl (4)
12/30/2007 10:52:00 PM
I assume you mean you use a web interface, correct?
Download your contacts to the csv file. You can open the file to check it.
Set up outlook with your new ISP, test the accounts to ensure all is ok,
then within OL import Contacts via the csv file.
You can cancel the other account once you know everything is in place.

>I would sign on through peoplepc (dial-up).  I recently moved and went with
> new phone & internet.  Now I have qwest high-speed, and I want to cancel
> the
> dial-up account w/out losing all my e-mail contacts.
>
> "DL" wrote:
>
>> To put it another way how do you access your email currently
>>
>> "chivagirl" <chivagirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > I have no ideaQ!!

0
DL
12/30/2007 11:55:01 PM
Thank you fore youe help.  It seems to have worked!

"DL" wrote:

> I assume you mean you use a web interface, correct?
> Download your contacts to the csv file. You can open the file to check it.
> Set up outlook with your new ISP, test the accounts to ensure all is ok,
> then within OL import Contacts via the csv file.
> You can cancel the other account once you know everything is in place.
>
> "chivagirl" <chivagirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I would sign on through peoplepc (dial-up).  I recently moved and went with
> > new phone & internet.  Now I have qwest high-speed, and I want to cancel
> > the
> > dial-up account w/out losing all my e-mail contacts.
> >
> > "DL" wrote:
> >
> >> To put it another way how do you access your email currently
> >>
> >> "chivagirl" <chivagirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
chivagirl (4)
12/31/2007 2:52:00 AM
I too am closing my Peoplepc account so how do I download my peoplepc
contacts to a csv file?  I tried to set up my Outlook Express with my yahoo
account and it still doesnt work (cannot send or receive yahoo mail
w/outlook). What is OL?  Can I save existing emails from other accounts to
Outlook Express?

Yankeedefector <Yankeedefector@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I too am closing my Peoplepc account so how do I download my peoplepc
> contacts to a csv file?

You'l have to check with the PeoplePC help pages for that information.

> I tried to set up my Outlook Express with my
> yahoo account and it still doesnt work (cannot send or receive yahoo
> mail w/outlook).

Yahoo in the US allows POP access olny if you have a paid account.

> What is OL?  Can I save existing emails from other
> accounts to Outlook Express?

OL is Outlook, the topic of this group.  Outlook Express discussions go in
the Outlook Express newsgroup microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)

warning mail then password Expired
Hi, I was thinking is there a way, that you can get a warning email 5 days before your user password on the domaine expires ?? "Driogan" <Peter@driogan.dk> wrote in message news:98b39d3f-474a-4b05-8f8a-073f030ea57a@r60g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I was thinking is there a way, that you can get a warning email 5 > days before your user password on the domaine expires ?? There's already a warning that can be set when the User logs on....... On 27 Nov., 11:41, "Gordon" <gbpli...@gmail.com.invalid> wrote: > "Driogan" <Pe...@dr...

One-Time Multiple Mailing Issue
In Outlook 2007 I would like to mass mail about twenty recipients but do not need to maintain contacts. How can I configure this so that each recieves an email with their email address only. You can put all the addresses in the BCC field then. Depending on where you have written down the addresses, you can also use a mail merge or reply via a rule. For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/mailmerge.htm and http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/messagetemplates.htm#rules -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.ho...

The Links from e-mails don't work
If I copy the links and insert it into IE 8 it reads it. Trying to link over from an e-mail directly is not working. If I copy the link and go to IE 8.0 the link (URL address) works. It was working before. pgman27 You mean if you click on the link in a message it does nothing, not even an error message? Are you certain IE has all its defaults? Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first item: "Set your default programs." After a few seconds, a list of programs comes up. Click on...

seperate accounts to seperate folders?
Hi I just had a quick question... I am currently using Outlook 2003, and I have 2 pop3 email accounts se up in my outlook.....one of them is my personal company email and th other is the general comapny email address (which i am responsible fo checking). What i am trying to find out how to do is, is it possibl to have the general company email messages go directly to a seperat folder besides the inbox? I still want my personal company email t come to the Inbox folder, but i want the general company email to go t a folder called "SCS." Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank...

Yet another duplicate record dilemma
I have a table with records where one field are duplicates. I'm able to query to find duplicates and delete them, however what I need to do is find the duplicates, produce a total from another field, delete the duplicates and update the record field with the new total. Use the Find duplicates wizard, the build an Update query and either add to the field: Update MyTable Inner Join Querty1.ID On MyTable.ID Set MyField = MyField + Query1.MyField or just update it: Update MyTable Inner Join Querty1.ID On MyTable.ID Set MyField = Query1.MyField Then delete the duplicate data. -- Ar...

Importing spam list
Hi, I have a long list of spam email addresses that I want to import into outlook. How do I do this? Do they have to be separated by commas? Thaks, Paul Where is this spam list generated? What version of Outlook? Where do you propose to import them? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Paul Ellis asked: | Hi, | I have a long list of spam email addresses...

How do I setup an SMTP gateway / smart host for Exchange 5.5 internet bound mail
My current setup has a Windows NT 4.0 Exchange 5.5 server setting on our company LAN behind a Microsoft ISA Server. The Exchange server's Internet Mail Connector binds to (I assume this is the proper terms) port 25 on the ISA server for inbound and outbound Internet Mail. Our company has finally upgraded to a new Cisco Pix Firewall which we are able to setup a DMZ on. The suggestion by our ISP is to setup an SMTP gateway in the DMZ and have our internal Exchange server send mail to it destined for the Internet. I am aware that most of the work for making the connections from the SMTP ...

Setting up my work outlook account at home
I do not know how to set-up my outlook at home to check and receive email at home. This is really a question for your Mail Administrator. This depends on what ISP is used for work or if you use the Exchange Server. Then there may be a domain access issue. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Liz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:049a01c39db2$d8df2cb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... I do not know how to set-up my outlook at home to check and receive email at home. ...

Mail Merge Printing collated
When I print a mail merge (I don't use it for mailings and envelopes), Publisher prints out the first 5 records as an individual document then the next 5 as a seperate document, and so forth. Since I often need to make multiple copies of these documents, I end up having to collate them by hand. How can I get Publisher to print the entire merge as one document before printing the second, third, copy? I believe when I had P'03 it would print that way, but when I upgraded to '07 this problem started. You can't... Maybe later with a service pack these printing bugs will b...

Set default address book automatically (registry)
I know I have done this before a few years back in another site - but I cant remember how. We need to set the default lookup address book for all our 2000+ OL2k3 users and to use a specific lookup order. I know they could each do this manually but we have 2000+ users and the support overhead would be huge. We dont want to users to use the GAL as their default lookup (which it is out of the box) because it contains lost of confusing system addresses and duplicate names for the same person in different security level networks; which the users find VERY confusing to distinguish between). We wan...

Messenger emoticons
I have changed laptops and I did grab the old laptops custom emoticons folder (all in dt2 and id2 file endings.) But when i copy everything in the folder and add it to my new laptops custom emoticons folder... they get added (i.e. show up in the folder) but the images/gifs or names dont show up on the actual msn... *what gives*? Do I have to change the dt2 endings to gif or jpeg and go to "create" in msn for each of them to add them in? (I tried with one and it worked) Only problem is i have alot, like 203 dt2 files so changing the ending to .gif and adding each singu...

Import reg files into Registry, without UAC
Hi, I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without elevation. This works well with the regedit /s switch on limited accounts, however on admin accounts, elevation UAC prompt is still shown, even though it's not needed. How can I prevent this? Thanks, Jens Jens M�ller wrote: >Hi, > >I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains >only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without >elevation. >...

Video mail VEMAIL.EXE
Just installed VEMAIL.EXE v1.1 and get the message "The fatal error occured" Any tip on how to get this plug in working ? Hi Ant Give up on it - the add-in doesn't work. >-----Original Message----- >Just installed VEMAIL.EXE > v1.1 and get the message "The fatal error occured" >Any tip on how to get this plug in working ? >. > ...

How do I import from LotusOrg 6.0?Import command only has 5.0
I am trying to import my calendar data from Lotus Org V6.X. Under the file command, it will only import from V5.X. Does anybody have any help for me since I would like to convert to Outlook from Lotus Organizer. Don Kiamie donalbert@mindspring.com In news:32C8F514-3EA5-4802-B1A4-F9C66E77293A@microsoft.com, DonAlbert <DonAlbert@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am trying to import my calendar data from Lotus Org V6.X. Under > the file command, it will only import from V5.X. Does anybody have > any help for me since I would like to convert to Outlook from Lotus > ...

make outlook automatically delete html mail with linked images
The junk mail filter should be able to automatically delete html mail with linked images ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9e1b783b-c9c1-44f2-a1dd-93da59216c56&dg=microsoft.public.outloo...

Retrieve old e-mails
I recently had a hard drive crash on me and had to have the data recovered through a data recovery specialist. All the data on my old drive was recovered and put onto my new hard drive. I did have to install WindowsXP on the new drive. I want to know how to get the e-mails I had in my inbox folder from the files from the old drive so I can respond to them as there were some which had not been read and others which were of importance. Thanks for the help, Brian Brian <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently had a hard drive crash on me and had to have > the...

Where can I get a good holiday booking form for my golf business?
I need a quality Booking Form for my Golf Holiday business on the Costa Del Sol. One which includes sections for accommodation, dates, numbers, flight enquiries and car hire enquiries. Any help would be much appreciated on a tight budget. Thanks Dave Wrong forum. Try templates or doing it yourself. :-) -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Dave" wrote: > I need a quality Booking Form for my Golf Holiday business on the Costa Del > Sol. > One which includes sections for accommodation, dates, numbe...

Account Balance Weirdness
Me bad boy. Haven't balanced my checking account since March 2004. But everything through March had been balanced/reconciled. Now I go in with my April 2004 bank statement to start balancing April 04 and find the opening balance is too high by about $9,000! I have transactions going all the way back to the early 1990's, but 91-93 looks weird. A $150 monthly transfer is the only transaction in the register for those years. I don't recall seeing that before, but it's been years since I looked that far back. At this point my choices seem to be: 1. Enter a correcting balanc...

Curious Mail Loop (and brain teaser)
I just experienced an enigmatic mail looping issue, anybody have any ideas to keep this from happening again? Here is the Scenario... We have a user whom works for my organization and another government agency, both organizations use Exchange 2000 but there is no interoperability between our systems other than standard SMTP email through the internet, not same AD root, forest or even remotely similar namespace. We are able to induce a loop under the following conditions.: 1. User has an exchange mailbox at both Organization A & Organization B 2. User creates an "Out of the Off...

Great Plains Books
All, Searching Amazon I noticed that there are a couple of Great Plains Dynamics books on the way. Does anyone have any thoughts about them or the authors? I'm trying to decide whether it's worth pre-ordering or not. Computerized Accounting Using Great Plains Dynamics http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0324159676/qid=1129750076/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/102-8755097-3487330?v=glance&s=books&n=507846 (not due until January 2007 though!) Introduction to Microsoft Great Plains : An Integrated Approach (Paperback) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/013186064X/qid...