How do I import internet mail to outlook?

I have a mail account on the Illinois Math and Science Academy. I would like
to know if I can use Outlook to access this account. If so, then how do I go
about doing it?
0
pointplt (1)

what type of server does the academy use?  Ask their mail admin for details
of how to add the mail account to Outlook, or if they even allow it.  If
they are using Exchange, then use Outlook Web Access to get at your mail.
Again, ask the mail admin at your academy - none of us attend the school so
we would have no way of knowing.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, pointplt asked:

| I have a mail account on the Illinois Math and Science Academy. I
| would like to know if I can use Outlook to access this account. If
| so, then how do I go about doing it?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Problem Sending Outlook Dialup Email
Sending and receiving email on a broadband connection with Outlook Express works fine. However with a dialup connection, receiving email works but I cannot send email. I get the following error: "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E" Can anyone help? ...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Bulk Import Wizard for Leads Issue
Hi, I am trying to import Lead records using a CSV file containing around 3,000 records. I have tested with around 20 records (taken from the larger file) and it imports fine but when I select the the 3,000 record file for import the wizard gives an error message somthing like (sorry don't have exact wording) 'Source Import file is corrupt'. Are there any known issues with CSV files such as the following : 1) Special characters such as an asterix not handled 2) Email and Website type fields must all be correctly formatted? 3) File is too large Thanks for your help in adva...

Sharing Outlook #2

Outlook user profiles

Install this internet package from MS Corporation
--rwucuosxjmw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wvfaazvnt"; type="multipart/alternative" --wvfaazvnt Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="dpzsgxlysayp" --dpzsgxlysayp Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the most...

Can't auto-complete e-mail addresses
Dear All, I just imported about 2000 contacts in my Outlook 2000 Address Book. Able to see them in the address book and create groups etc. But when i compose a new message and i try to enter some e-mail addresses in TO and then why do outlook do not give me suggestion to auto-complete them? I tried most of the settings. It wont work. What may be the problem? -Sameer Outlook 2000 has no such feature. Autocompletion didn't start until Outlook 2002. Versions of Outlook earlier than Outlook 2002 have a feature called auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out o...

Excel -> Access Import Bizarreness

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

IMC Generates NDR with Mail From: <>
Hi all IMC Generates NDR with Mail From: <> . how to solve this problem Thanks Shaikh ...

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Outlook Signatures #4

Mail Rule
Hi, I would like to create a rule which would delete any emails which DOESN'T contain an attachment, any idea anyone? Thanks for your time, Uri. Here's one method: Rule #1 -- Condition - has an attachment. Action - stop processing more rules Rule #2 -- Condition - none (will act on all messages). Action - delete -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "msnew" <uri@manpower.co.il> wrote in message news:%235sIUzEgEHA...

Normally in Europe I cannot send e-mails now from USA
I just went for holidays to USA and brought my notebook with me - and now I receive mails in my Outlook Epxress, but cannot send e-mails in my different accounts. With gmx-account I solved the problem changing form 25 to 587, but with my other account nothing helps. The message I get is (in german, sorry) Fehler bei der Verbindung zum Server. Betreff *****, Konto: 'Liga für Kinder- und Jugendgesundheit', Server: 'mail.kinderjugendgesundheit.at', Protokoll: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure (SSL): Nein, Socketfehler: 10061, Fehlernummer: 0x800CCC0E Thanks for you...

read receipts with internet mail
I was wondering if anyone knew if you put a read receipt on an email that is going to a gmail or yahoo account...does return receipts work? Thanks ...

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem

Change Mail Recipient #2
In my Office 2003 Picture Manager, when I right click a picture to send to mail or go to File, Send To recipient it goes to Outlook. I wish it to change it to Outlook Express. I have gone to IE, Tools, Options, Programs, and E-mail and changed the default to Outlook Express. My Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint does not go to Outlook they go to Express, it only goes to Outlook in Picture Manager. ...

Promoting Email to CRM Activity in Outlook
Is there a way to associate an email to two accounts when promoting it to a CRM Activity? Lynn Lynn, if you'd like to link the email to multiple regarding objects, you're out of luck. Only one regarding object can be set, though the email will also be linked to all of the senders/recipients ('activity parties'). Ilana. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70F78E3C-272A-4515-B393-38700C767B65@microsoft.com... > After you click the &qu...

Outlook 2002
We have a single user who is attaching multiple documents through DOCSOpen to an email message. If he saves this message so he can send it later, it will not send. He just hits the SEND button and nothing happens. According to him , this doesn't happen when he sends an email straight away. Only when it is saved. He has to restart his machine for the email to send. DOes anyone have any ideas? We are running XP with Office XP (2002-SP2) Thank you in advance ...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings