how do I have contacts and companies name is tasks

I'm new to outlook,  When I create field chooser and have the Company Name &
Contact name in fields Sometimes both Company name & Contact name shows up
when I schedule a task.  (That is what I want) However most of the time only
the contact name shows up??? and no Company Name?  Does anyone know why this
is inconsistant? And How I can display both all the time?

Thanks in advance
Mike
iselltape@cox.net
0
Flynn1 (2)

Business Contact Manager How To Discconnect
The title says it all. After establishing your Outlook to a Business Contact Manager, is it possible to discconnect? If so how? Your help is appreciated and will be acknowledged! Thanks (B^>)-]=[ "WSR" <wsr-203@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ui5YSiF6KHA.1932@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > The title says it all. Um, no it doesn't. What do you mean by "dosconnect"? > After establishing your Outlook to a Business Contact Manager, is it > possible to discconnect? > > If so how? The Business Contact Manager is...

A document with the name "xx" is already open......
Opening excel documents directly from the My Documents folder with the program not open we get the following error message: "A document with the name "xxx.xls" is already open. You cannot open ttwo documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second document, either close the document that's currently open or rename one of the documents" No other documents are open. When we close the error message everything is fine. When we first open Excel and then open from there, we do not get this error message. How can we...

LDAP and Check Names
We currently have Outlook 2003 connected to an Exchange 5.5 server (neither of these products can be upgraded), and our organisation has an LDAP server. I have added the LDAP server into Outlook, and if you go to the Address book and do a search, it returns all the values it is supposed to. However, you change the order of the address books so that the LDAP server is searched first, type a name (surname or forename) into the "To" box and click check names then the LDAP server is not searched. Instead the following error is generated: "The search request to the L...

Create task and sub-task lists using the calendar
Looking for the best way to organize 10 task subjects. Some having as many as 5 sub-tasks, as well as creating to do lists for 4 employees. I set these up in the Folder List and would like to drag these into the Calendar allowing me to print each person a To Do List. A friend suggested Categorizing ,but I like having the folders all visible in the Outlook Shortcuts. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Real task duration
Hello, I'm a total Project Noob. I'm using Project 2007 and I want to do a 'simple'? task. I have a main project (MAIN). Then I have a sub project (indent 1)(SUB). This sub has 2 subprojects (indent 2) (SUB1 - SUB2). So it looks like this: MAIN start: 01/01 - end: 03/01 dur: 3 days SUB start: 01/01 - end: 03/01 dur: 3 days SUB1 start: 01/01 - end: 01/01 dur: 1day SUB2 start: 03/01 - end: 03/...

Copy Company Utility for Analytical Accounting
Copy company utility does not provide the option to copy the master records of Analytical Accounting module. Is there any othere utility? Salman, Install Dynamics GP SDK and locate "AnalyticalAccountingTableDesignDocument.doc" document, it has the descriptions for all the setup tables in AA module. Create DTS package to copy the needed tables from the first company to the new one. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://moh...

Sort By Account Name in Activities
Does anyone know if this is possible? I have tried customising through : http://crm/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903}but this only allows you to add 6 field names that i don't want. Is there a way to add "Company Name" to the list of columns i can add or is there another way around this?ThanksSimon ...

Same display name in Contact Attribute
We recently upgraded from v 3 to 4. Now I am trying to import my contacts but an error is displayed: "There are two columns in Microsoft Dynamics CRM with the same display name. Change the display name for one of the columns in Microsoft Dynamics CRM before importing." I went to customizations to check which are the two attributes and they are: utconversiontimezonecode timezoneruleversionnumber Both dont have a display name and both are system attributes. What woudl be a workaround? ...

Task Costs 02-22-10
I have a schedule with 20 different projects. I would like to assign a forcasted billing per month for each project. All i can seem to get is the total project cost divided equally by the number of months for each project. Obviously each month would have a different estimated cost. Thanks in advance for your help. If each of your projects rolls up to its own summary task, it should be possible to see costsas descrete as to the minute. You can use the Task Usage or Resource Usage view (For the project, I would use Task Usage View). Change the time scale at the top of the view t...

how to get rid of DASL/SQL/DAV filter in task pane?
I use the task pane in my calendar view (Outlook 2002). I have a filter set up so that completed tasks are not shown, and this has worked fine for years. However, over the past few months, Outlook has insisted on instating a "DASL filter," the details of which show up in the SQL tab of the Filter dialog as ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/id/{00062003-0000-0000- C000-000000000046}/811c000b" = 0) When this filter is in effect, future instances of recurring tasks are not displayed in the ...

Local and Internet name...
Hello, I got a problem with a exchange 2003 SBS. The domain name ( let say 123.org ) is by a provider , I configured pop3 connector to pik up email, this works fine. As some 123.org users are in my lan and others around the country, I got a problem when I try to send a mail to the users that are not configured in my server. The exchange server server answer me that the user is unknown. I heve certainely configured the server as as the FQDN 123.org name mail name and this is my problem. So my question is, can I change that and where. Thank you very much for any help. Jean-Pierre ...

Automatically populating distribution lists in a public contact folder
We have a custom application which we wrote to add contacts in a public contact folder and to create and populate distribution lists in the same folder. One one machine, everything works fine, but on another machine, the distribution lists do not always get populated. Our application does not indicate any sort of error. We are using the outlook application automation object to create these items. We have been unable to determine why it works on one or two machines, but only sometimes on others. All machines are using Outlook 2003 SP1. ...

Best way to make name tags?
I need to set up a template for some name tags to be 3.5" by 2.5". Is there an easier way to do this besides messing around with text boxes? I was trying to do it through the Custom Publication through Page Setup, but then they all have to be exact same and I can't change the names for each tag. I don't have any special paper or anything, just the measurements that they need to be. Any thoughts or guidance would be very much appreciated! Are you planning a mail merge so each name tag will be different? If you plan to print many tags on a page and cut them yourself, your...

SQL Server Name error
I keep getting an error when installing the Data Migration Framework that says: "Setup cannot proceeed because it failed to get the SQL server name" Anybody have any ideas for me. Are you installing it on the same machine that you already have CRM installed on? Sounds like it might not be finding the registry entries from the main install. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 09:47:20 -0500, "Brian Mahloch" <bmahloch@rhinosystems.com> wrote: I keep getting an error when installing the ...

I want to show chart data in order of bars, not row names
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to show a chart that has about 20 values, and I have sorted the source data so that I have the highest value items at the top and the lowest value items at the bottom. For example, if rows were Apple, Banana, Guava, Orange, and Yucca, I have sorted the data in order of the greatest value items (20 Guavas, 10 Oranges, 5 yucca, 2 bananas, and 1 apple). Yet the chart (a bar chart) only seems to let me display in either ascending or descending value by food name (either Apple to Yucca or Yucca to Apple...

How do I restore contacts and emails from a system backup?
I had to re-install Win7 recently due to a mixup in registration. MS was under the impression that my version of Win was not genuine. I am using Genie Timeline for backup purposes, so I have all of the files relating to WLM. Which files do I have to restore and where do I put them in order to recover my contacts and mails? Thank you. Depending upon where you placed your mail stores... you should restore the folder "Windows Live Mail" along with all its subfolders. Typically this is located at: C:\Users\[yourusername]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail ...

Outlook syncronisation for shared accounts and contacts
It appears that by design, the syncronisation to Outlook from CRM does not sync up account or contacts that I am a 'shared' user for. Has anyone else come across this. Its pretty important that our users have all account / contacts that they are allocated to as part of their responsibility, irrespective of whether they actually 'own' the record or have a 'shared' record. any guidanc e would be most useful By default only contacts owned are synchronized. To add records to synchronize in outlook select 'Local Data' in the CRM menu. Here you can define or ...

OWA contacts, can't do a find on DLs
Hi, just deployed OWA 2k3 and when i go to "To" click contacts and then try to find a DL it will not show (personal contacts not Global) what do you think is wrong thx monica Techie In Need <moni6422@yahoo.com> wrote: >just deployed OWA 2k3 and when i go to "To" click contacts and then try >to find a DL it will not show (personal contacts not Global) what do you >think is wrong Nothing's wrong with Exchange. Right-click the Contacts folder and display its property page. Click the Outlook Address Book tab and check the box lableled "Show thi...

Lost contacts #3
I just installed Outlook 2003 on a new machine and chnaged the data store from the default to a saved Personal Folders file from an old machine with O2003. The messages, calendar, and contacts are all there but when I create mail none of the contacts appear in the available list of names. In fact, the list of names is empty. Presumably I have to tell Outlook to use my Contacts folder when sending e-mail. How do I do this? Many thanks. This is a common occurrence when moving things around -- the association between the Contacts folder and the Outlook Address Book gets broken. To fix it, ...

Question about Name Order
Hi, I'm trying to help a friend out, but I couldn't track down anything on this: When clicking on Tools > Address Book, the names are listed first name first (John Smith). When typing in the search box, it searches on the first name. Is there any way to get this to work last name first instead? I've tried going into Tools > E-Mail Accounts, clicking "View or change existing directories or address books", and changing the properties of the address book. I have also gone to Tools > Options > Preferences and clicking "Contact Options". Neither o...

Heeeelp me pls. Bad file name or number..
Good day, I have a database (FE Access 2003) & (BE SQL Server) containing photos, the photos stored in the server I am storing the photo path in a table and read it and open it every thing was OK and I can see the photo in my FORM, now after using the system for a month when I am trying to view the photo I am getting this error : Bad file name or number The FE was working fine without any errors, now this error started suddenly without changing any thing in the code. kindly give me your support. Thank you,. -- nrhb Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com...

Contacts #3
How do I get back to the contacts showing up in the email list in alpha by last name. I reformatted my hard drive and when I re-installed Office XP, the names came out alpha by first name, not last. I cannot find anything in Help to correct it. Try clicking on the "full name" field title. This should toggle between sorting by first name and by last name. Jennifer >-----Original Message----- >How do I get back to the contacts showing up in the email >list in alpha by last name. > >I reformatted my hard drive and when I re-installed >Office XP, the names c...

Syncing Exchange Tasks with mac office 2004
I am a mac laptop living on a windows run office. We are installing the latest exchange version, but have read that mac office 2004 will pull all your data from exchange except tasks. Is this true? Is there a work around? On 11/25/04 7:34 PM, in article BDCBC810.C76%kmurray@purcellmurray.com, "Kevin Murray" <kmurray@purcellmurray.com> wrote: > > I am a mac laptop living on a windows run office. > > We are installing the latest exchange version, but have read that mac office > 2004 will pull all your data from exchange except tasks. > > Is this true...

Email/Fax in Contacts
When creating an e-mail and clicking "to:" if you have a fax number in the contact it creates a seperate contact listing in the list. One for E-Mail and one for Fax. I am curious if this is by nature of the program and is it possible to have it only display one contact name with both a fax and email address in the contact. Or is this so that you can choose whether to fax or email the person. Thanks Hi, there is help. http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/Out_Answ.htm#11 And there you click Freeware. After that you install it and all went good. Before you could read th...

Lead with multiple Contacts?
Hello All, Can someone please tell me if it is possible to have a LEAD with multiple contacts? If so, how do we go about doing this? I know it works on the ACCOUNT end, but this question just came up about having multiple accounts for a lead and I am unable to locate anything on this subject, therfore I am turning to the geniuses of this forum! Thanks! MKCZ by definition a lead only has a single contact. Once qualified you then convert to an opportunity etc. If you need to track additional contacts only thing i can offer is to add their details as notes. "MKCZ" <m@yah...