How do I get the "Add to Dictionary" box to activate in spellcheck

As I run Spellcheck I want to save unusual names to my 'dictionary' so I
don't have to keep ignoring them.  However, that box will not activate.

Version of outlook and office?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"greenleaf7" <greenleaf7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> As I run Spellcheck I want to save unusual names to my 'dictionary' so I
> don't have to keep ignoring them.  However, that box will not activate.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
5/12/2008 4:38:51 PM
On May 12, 12:38=A0pm, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlook...@msn.com>
wrote:
> Version of outlook and office?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> "greenleaf7" <greenle...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > As I run Spellcheck I want to save unusual names to my 'dictionary' so I=

> > don't have to keep ignoring them. =A0However, that box will not activate=

I am having the same problem.

MS Office Otlook 2007 12.0.6300.5000 SP1 MSO 12.0.6213.1000

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

Scott
0
ssweb (1)
5/13/2008 1:06:25 PM
Did you upgrade or migrated the custom.dic from an older office version or
is this a new custom.dic? You should use a new custom.dic created by office
2007.

If it is a custom.dic created by office 2007, one of the following could be
the cause:

the file is corrupt - delete the custom.dic and let office make a new one.
the file was read only - change the read/write flag.
the folder containing the file was read only - try moving it to a new
location and see if it works.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

<ssweb@aol.com> wrote in message
> On May 12, 12:38 pm, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlook...@msn.com>
> wrote:
>> Version of outlook and office?
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>> Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net
>>
>> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> "greenleaf7" <greenle...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > As I run Spellcheck I want to save unusual names to my 'dictionary' so
>> > don't have to keep ignoring them. However, that box will not activate.-

> I am having the same problem.
>
> MS Office Otlook 2007 12.0.6300.5000 SP1 MSO 12.0.6213.1000
>
> Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.
>
> Scott

0
outlookmvp1 (464)

Add to Dictionary option is grayed out
I'm using Office 2007 (under Vista Home Premium, SP1) along with a Dutch language pack (for Office 2007). When I right click on a word that is underlined in red as being misspeleed, the option to add to the dictionary is grayed out. Suggestions? Thanks, Dave Horne In which language are you working? I don't know much about this, but in Outlook, Tools | Options | Spelling | Spelling and AutoCorrection... | Custom Dictionaries... you need to ensure the custom dictionary specified is set for the language in which you're composing. If your default dictionary in the dictionar...

"add to dictionary" not active on right click
Using Word 2007 with Vista which is kept up to date via auto update. When spell checker (both auto and self run) highlights an "error" the "add to dictionary" option is greyed out on right click. ...

Multiple Dictionaries in Right-Click 'Add To Dictionary'
It would be really useful to have a drop-down list of current dictionaries when you right-click a word to add to dictionary. I work on multiple diverse projects - from programming to fiction writing - so, unless I can be bothered to go into options every time I open a document to set the current default dictionary, I have to add all words to one dictionary. So, for example, I will end up adding the name of a fictional character to the same dictionary I use for programming documents, which is silly. Alternatively, it would be good if the current default dictionary could be se...

How do I get the "Add to Dictionary" box to activate in spellcheck
As I run Spellcheck I want to save unusual names to my 'dictionary' so I don't have to keep ignoring them. However, that box will not activate. Version of outlook and office? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchang...

"Add to Dictionary" is grayed
I cannot add new words in Outlook 2007: the option "Add to Dictionary" is grayed. However, in Word 2007 this option works fine. Any suggestion? SantistaS ...

How do I turn on Add to Dictionary in Word 2003
Have just had to reinstall word from office 2003 after a major crash. It will now not allow me to add a word to the dictionary when it thinks the spelling is wrong or is a place name it doe not recognise. Is there a way to turn this feature on. It is a big problem as it does not recognise the spelling of my name. Micheal instead of Michael, Thanks Tools > options > spelling & grammar > custom dictionaries - see what is present and what is checked. If necessary create a new dictionary. If that doesn't fix it, delete or rename the data key in the registry - see...