How do I get Outlook to receive emails on start up?

How do you get Outlook to receive on start up. There is an option to send,
but not to receive.
0
kracker (4)

"kracker" <kracker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you get Outlook to receive on start up. There is an option to send,
> but not to receive.

You need to set a polling interval. In O2003 go to
Tools-Send/Receive-Send/Receive Settings-Define Send/receive groups and set
a time interval for polling for mail.

HTH

0
gordon7598 (483)
9/13/2006 6:09:02 PM
Hi Gordon,

Yeah I've done that, but I want O2003 to auto receive at start. Just trying
to save myself a click.

Kracker

"Gordon" wrote:

> "kracker" <kracker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do you get Outlook to receive on start up. There is an option to send,
> > but not to receive.
>

> You need to set a polling interval. In O2003 go to
> Tools-Send/Receive-Send/Receive Settings-Define Send/receive groups and set
> a time interval for polling for mail.
>
> HTH

0
kracker (4)
9/13/2006 6:21:02 PM
> Hi Gordon,
>
> Yeah I've done that, but I want O2003 to auto receive at start. Just
> trying
> to save myself a click.

That's what you do. that's ALL you do. Once you set a time interval for
polling, Outlook 2003 automatically polls for mail at start-up. If your's
doesn't, then there's something wrong. Are you starting up Outlook off-line?

0
gordon7598 (483)
9/13/2006 6:30:33 PM
Not sure. How do I check if its starting off-line?

I have the 'schedule an automatic send/receive' set to 5mins. Is that what
you mean by polling? That works fine. It does not do an initial receive
though when I start up the O2003.

Kracker

"Gordon" wrote:

> "kracker" <kracker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Gordon,
> >
> > Yeah I've done that, but I want O2003 to auto receive at start. Just
> > trying
> > to save myself a click.
> >

> That's what you do. that's ALL you do. Once you set a time interval for
> polling, Outlook 2003 automatically polls for mail at start-up. If your's
> doesn't, then there's something wrong. Are you starting up Outlook off-line?

0
kracker (4)
9/13/2006 6:45:03 PM
> Not sure. How do I check if its starting off-line?
>
> I have the 'schedule an automatic send/receive' set to 5mins. Is that what
> you mean by polling? That works fine. It does not do an initial receive
> though when I start up the O2003.

That's the one, although if you are on POP then 5 minutes is too frequent
and yes it ought to poll automatically on start-up.
Have a look here for some hints:
http://www.mcse.ms/archive127-2004-11-1255801.html

0
gordon7598 (483)
9/13/2006 6:59:21 PM
Hi everyone,

This link sorted it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q312336/

Doesn't it feel great when a problem gets sorted out!!!

Thanks Gordon. Your link led me to the one above.

"Gordon" wrote:

> "kracker" <kracker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Not sure. How do I check if its starting off-line?
> >
> > I have the 'schedule an automatic send/receive' set to 5mins. Is that what
> > you mean by polling? That works fine. It does not do an initial receive
> > though when I start up the O2003.
> >

> That's the one, although if you are on POP then 5 minutes is too frequent
> and yes it ought to poll automatically on start-up.
> Have a look here for some hints:
> http://www.mcse.ms/archive127-2004-11-1255801.html

0
kracker (4)
9/13/2006 7:39:01 PM
Reset your polling interval, if on pop, to no less than 10mins, otherwise
you 'could' have probs

> Hi everyone,
>
> This link sorted it:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q312336/
>
> Doesn't it feel great when a problem gets sorted out!!!
>
> Thanks Gordon. Your link led me to the one above.
>
> "Gordon" wrote:
>
> > "kracker" <kracker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Not sure. How do I check if its starting off-line?
> > >
> > > I have the 'schedule an automatic send/receive' set to 5mins. Is that
what
> > > you mean by polling? That works fine. It does not do an initial
receive
> > > though when I start up the O2003.
> > >

> > That's the one, although if you are on POP then 5 minutes is too
frequent
> > and yes it ought to poll automatically on start-up.
> > Have a look here for some hints:
> > http://www.mcse.ms/archive127-2004-11-1255801.html

0
DL
9/13/2006 7:48:05 PM
"kracker" <kracker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> This link sorted it:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q312336/
>
> Doesn't it feel great when a problem gets sorted out!!!
>
> Thanks Gordon. Your link led me to the one above.

Glad you sorted it!

0
gordon7598 (483)

invalid email address

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Attaching Contacts to new email

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

POST or GET?

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Emails #3