how do I get outlook to go online?

I can't seem to find an answer to my problem.  I have installed Microsoft
Outlook 2003 but everytime I click on it it says it cannot find a connection
to the internet even though I am CONNECTED!  Do I have to subscribe to
something?  Can someone please help.  I am fast giving up on Outlook.  Thanx.
0
Res310 (4)

What kind of e-mail account are you using and how did you set it up?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

"Res" wrote:

> I can't seem to find an answer to my problem.  I have installed Microsoft
> Outlook 2003 but everytime I click on it it says it cannot find a connection
> to the internet even though I am CONNECTED!  Do I have to subscribe to
> something?  Can someone please help.  I am fast giving up on Outlook.  Thanx.
Hi there! Thanx for replying... As you can tell I'm new at this.  I've only
just had my Hotmail account which I access through MSN.  I don't know what
account Outlook is using or set up for???  I installed Outlook thru Windows
Office CD 2003 and just followed the Wizard.  Do I have to uninstall and
start again??

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> What kind of e-mail account are you using and how did you set it up?
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply
> only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>

> "Res" wrote:
>
> > I can't seem to find an answer to my problem.  I have installed Microsoft
> > Outlook 2003 but everytime I click on it it says it cannot find a connection
> > to the internet even though I am CONNECTED!  Do I have to subscribe to
> > something?  Can someone please help.  I am fast giving up on Outlook.  Thanx.
0
Res310 (4)
9/5/2005 3:33:15 AM
"Res" <Res@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can't seem to find an answer to my problem.  I have installed
>Microsoft
> Outlook 2003 but everytime I click on it it says it cannot find a
> connection
> to the internet even though I am CONNECTED!  Do I have to subscribe to
> something?  Can someone please help.  I am fast giving up on Outlook.
> Thanx.

Look under the File menu.  In what state is Work Offline: enabled or
disabled?

For e-mail, remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" passcode to Subject.

There is no "tick" next to Work  Offline.

"Vanguard" wrote:

> "Res" <Res@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I can't seem to find an answer to my problem.  I have installed
> >Microsoft
> > Outlook 2003 but everytime I click on it it says it cannot find a
> > connection
> > to the internet even though I am CONNECTED!  Do I have to subscribe to
> > something?  Can someone please help.  I am fast giving up on Outlook.
> > Thanx.
>

> Look under the File menu.  In what state is Work Offline: enabled or
> disabled?

> For e-mail, remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" passcode to Subject.

Res310 (4)
9/5/2005 4:08:01 AM
You would need to get help from Hotmail and/or MSN on how to set up your
account in Outlook...but beware that only certain types of paid Hotmail/MSN
accounts can be used with Outlook now.  See
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/SERVICES/online.htm#hotmail for more
information.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

"Res" wrote:

> Hi there! Thanx for replying... As you can tell I'm new at this.  I've only
> just had my Hotmail account which I access through MSN.  I don't know what
> account Outlook is using or set up for???  I installed Outlook thru Windows
> Office CD 2003 and just followed the Wizard.  Do I have to uninstall and
> start again??
>
> "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>
> > What kind of e-mail account are you using and how did you set it up?
> >
> > --
> > Jocelyn Fiorello
> > MVP - Outlook
> >
> > *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply
> > only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
> >

> > "Res" wrote:
> >
> > > I can't seem to find an answer to my problem.  I have installed Microsoft
> > > Outlook 2003 but everytime I click on it it says it cannot find a connection
> > > to the internet even though I am CONNECTED!  Do I have to subscribe to
> > > something?  Can someone please help.  I am fast giving up on Outlook.  Thanx.
If you have a paid hotmail premium acct, check your Connections tab in
Internet Options to make sure "use LAN" & 'Never dial... ' are selected. PS
You should give up Outlook and use your web browser to get your mail.  OL is
not good for web based mail.

"Res" wrote:

> There is no "tick" next to Work  Offline.
>
> "Vanguard" wrote:
>
> > "Res" <Res@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I can't seem to find an answer to my problem.  I have installed
> > >Microsoft
> > > Outlook 2003 but everytime I click on it it says it cannot find a
> > > connection
> > > to the internet even though I am CONNECTED!  Do I have to subscribe to
> > > something?  Can someone please help.  I am fast giving up on Outlook.
> > > Thanx.
> >

> > Look under the File menu.  In what state is Work Offline: enabled or
> > disabled?
> >
> > --
> > For e-mail, remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" passcode to Subject.

Mary1 (682)
9/5/2005 2:57:03 PM

"Mary" wrote:

> If you have a paid hotmail premium acct, check your Connections tab in
> Internet Options to make sure "use LAN" & 'Never dial... ' are selected. PS
> You should give up Outlook and use your web browser to get your mail.  OL is
> not good for web based mail.
>
> "Res" wrote:
> Many thanks for this help.  I have been trying to determine where to go to get back on Outlook  Work online - for a couple of days.  Thanks for telling me where to look.  I found it under File - and now all is well again.
Anadea
> > There is no "tick" next to Work  Offline.
> >
> > "Vanguard" wrote:
> >
> > > "Res" <Res@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >

> > > Look under the File menu.  In what state is Work Offline: enabled or
> > > disabled?
> > >
> > > --
> > > For e-mail, remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" passcode to Subject.

Anadea (1)

POST or GET?

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

What's going on with Plus?
I just installed MS Money Plus from Money 2006 and found these issues: 1. In Portfolio view, the Total Portfolio Value line that used to show the totals for the 3 columns I'm displaying are now all the same value and appear to be Today's Change. How do I change them to reflect the totals for the 3 columns (in my case, Total Change, Cost Basis and Market Value)? 2. Review Portfolio shows me a blank screen. I have 17.0.125.1415 running on XP Sp2. Tony In microsoft.public.money, TonyK wrote: >I just installed MS Money Plus from Money 2006 and found these issues: > >...

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

get a result of an sql into a field

cannot open hyper links in outlook

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

outlook 97 and express email problems

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?

is PHStat available and if so how do I get to it
I need help asap Tamika - > I need help asap < PHStat is Prentice Hall's statistical add-in for Excel. It's usually on the CD that's included with the textbook. For more info, try www.prenhall.com/phstat - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

outlook 2007 e-mail

Outlook context menu lost most options
Hi there. I'd dearly love some help with this matter. It's been going on for months now. Has anyone got any idea how I can sort this issue out? "Jonathan E. (NZ)" <s_pam_stop@hotmail.comTAKEOUTTHESECAPS> wrote in message news:<eYICp6NCFHA.3976@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... Hi there, I run outlook 2003. It would seem that the context menu has lost the plot. It looks like outlook has gone into some "mode" other than the one it is usually in by default. I have found that when I right click on any mail folder the context menu has very different options f...

How to get to email from Word