How do I get my new email previewed on my desktop?

0
Conner (6)

I'm assuming you're referring to the desktop alert that displays a preview
of new email. These are the steps to turn on an alert from Outlook Help:

Turn on alerts
           On the Tools menu, click Options.
           On the Preferences tab, click E-mail Options, and then click
Advanced E-mail Options.
           Under When new items arrive in my Inbox, select the Display a New
Mail Desktop Alert (default Inbox only) check box.

"Conner" <Conner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

LDIFDE adding multiple email addresses
Can you use ldifde to add multiple email addresses to a single user? eg. test1@domain.com, test2@domain.com. Sure. The AD Attribute to use is ProxyAddresses. If you are just wanting to modify a single user, LDIFDE is rather a waste of time, though. It's a bulk import tool. You should also be able to use ADModify for something like this. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "rob" <rsl315@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1137515696.607664.151920@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Can not get MS Money Premium to connect to internet after KB searc
I can not log into the Windows Live ID because Money will not connect to the internet. I am running Win XP SP2 on Tablet(Pro version) with IE 7 and have upgraded and reset ie7. I have gone through KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891338/ and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899935/ from Cal Learner's previous posts. However, these have not worked and I cannot get to use Windows Live ID since it will not connect. I also reinstalled Money again, but not available. Anyone have any ideas? I know this has been a running problem, but I want to use the Live ID process so my bank info wi...

how do i create an html email using word
MY company would like a simple Word html newletter email that can be updated by various subsidaries. Ideally we'd like to "lock" formatting and some graphics and have editible regions. Any Help? Word is a poor html creation application. I doubt that Word's implementation will enable you to provide the elements you require - however set the web view to view the formatting and save as a web page.Better still use a proper html creation tool to create the page or create it as an attachment as a Word document form or (if you have the full version of Acrobat) a p...

How do you have a print preview if you have no printer attached b.
I was able to build a spread sheet then look at the print preview to make sure all was going to print correctly. I have no printer attached at this point but do take a floppy to another office if I need to print. Suddenly that print preview does not work. How can I solve this problem? Can I set up a dummy printer without the computer balking?? Thanks! And the short answer is: Yes Just use Skip when it offers to print a test page -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "BeckyGTx" <BeckyGTx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

how do you print screen sent emails list as it appears
i want to print off the list of sent emails just as it appears on the screen when i have clicked on sent items. i tried to highlight 1st and then last item holding down shift but this only started printing each idiv email cover page as if opened giving me 60 pages ea email (i stopped it) not just the list as it appears;like i want- approx 2 pages. how do i do this-its sort of a print screen i want to accomplish. thanks Hold down "Alt" & press "Prnt Scrn". You can then paste into Word. >-----Original Message----- >i want to print off the list of sent email...

can't receive email
I've been receiving email without a problem. Suddenly, when logging on, outlook shows that it's trying to receive the email, but after awhile I receive the following message: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.east.cox.net', Server: 'pop.east.cox.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F I can, however, retrieve the email from cox's webmail. Anyone got a clue? OL: Error 0x800ccc0d or 0x8...

Access 2007 error when sending email through Outlook 2007
I send email using this module: Sub sbSendMessage(argRecipient, argFrom, argSubject, argBody, argUserKey, argNbrEmail) Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem Dim objOutlookRecip As Outlook.Recipient Dim objOutlookAttach As Outlook.Attachment Dim tmpRecipient As String Dim tmpSubject As String Dim tmpBody As String Dim tmpFrom As String Dim tmpUserKey As Long Dim tmpNbrEmail As Integer tmpRecipient = argRecipient tmpSubject = argSubject tmpBody = argBody tmpFrom = argFrom tmpUserKey = argUserKey ...

If I closed an excel doc without saving can I get it back? thx
I opened up 2 version of excel and tried to close one, I forgot the other was opened and when I chose not to save it I lost my old one also. If there anyway I can get it back? I tried system restore but that was turned off also ;( Thx for any help! If that file was originally out on the drive, then you should be able to just open it up and have the pre-changes-made version of it available. However, if you were creating it from scratch and closed without saving it, then it is gone. System Restore would never help in a case like this - System Restore does not save user data; it is a...

Emailing Sales Literature
Is it possible to have Sales Literacture emailed to customers, similarly to how knowledge base articles can now be sent? Hi Funboy Unfortunately the functionality to email sales literature is still missing from V3 so you still have to make a standard attachment to an email. With regards to KB articles in V3, there is now a button on the article to send by email, or if you are looking at a case you can search the knowledgebase, return an article and email it directly out from the case screen - that works really well. Cozy "funboy" <public@esteq.com> wrote in message news:...

Get row values into column
I have a row (A:BI) with text or numbers in each cell. However, there are some cells that are blank. B,D,F,H,J,... are the number cells (unless they are blank) and A,C,E,G,I,K,... are the text cells (unless they are blank). I would like to have all the cells that have text in them to be entered into cell A5 and down. Same thing with the number cells except in cell B5 down. Example: A B C D E F 1 PHI 2.3 OTT 3.6 I would like the following: A5 = PHI B5 = 2.3 A6= OTT B6 = 3.6 Anyone know how ...

Getting a cell reference to move laterally instead of vertically?
I have data that is sorted in columns, but the data I want to graph is a cross section of this data and therefore it comes from one row across several columns. I'm trying sort my graph/equation data in a column, however. Is there a way to get the equation cell references to move across a row even while the cell is descending a column? You can do it on a range using the TRANSPOSE function (array entered), or you may want to take a look at the OFFSET function, which takes a row and column argument. Use the ROW() function to generate the column argument and you will be able to copy...

forwarded email comes back to my inbox
I have Office XP. When I forward or reply to any message the message goes to the recepient but it also shows up in my inbox and I don't want it to. Things I have tried are the following: created a new profile in outlook, did all office updates, did a repair on outlook and nothing has fixed this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mitch ...

is there a faster way to get text
Everytime I want to type something, I have to go back up to the Text Box, is there a quick key stroke that will allow me to keep typing without having to click on the Text Box over and over again? Denise, If you have PPT 2003, double click the textbox icon on the drawing toolbar. From that moment on you can click and type as many textboxes as you will. To stop just press escape or double click the icon again. If you have PPT 2007, you can do the same thing by right-clicking the textbox icon to lock the button. Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "Denise" wrote: > ...

Unable to send e-mail and get error message when opening live mail
This is the message I get Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'pic' Server: 'post.camtel.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No I call server and all is well. Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting change...

Document template for email
Hi I have a document template that contains a number of fill-in fields. The purpose of the template is for the fill-in fields to be completed then the whole document sent to the client as an email using the 'Sent to' functionality. When using the 'Sent to' functionality is there anyway to include standardised text in the 'Subject' field of the email rather than having staff type it in each time? Thanks Yasmin See the article "How to send an email from Word using VBA” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/SendMail.htm -- Hop...

how to get absolute XPath
Hi, I'm trying to get the absolute xpath to a node in DOM (XmlDocument). I know I can build it by warlking the tree recursively, but I'm wondering if there is an API in DOM or in XPathNavigator that allows me to get the absolute path for a given node? Thanks, --Ader. gonzalez wrote: > I'm trying to get the absolute xpath to a node in DOM (XmlDocument). I know > I can build it by warlking the tree recursively, but I'm wondering if there > is an API in DOM or in XPathNavigator that allows me to get the absolute > path for a given node? The DOM in .NET (Xml...

[ANN] IronPython Training in New York, January 21st 2010
Hello all, In association with Holdenweb Training [1] I'll be doing some IronPython training in New York in January (21st). The course is called "IronPython from the Ground Up": http://hwebipmc01.eventbrite.com/ Course details: Michael Foord is an early adopter of IronPython, having used it for (among other things) the creation of the Resolver One Python-driven spreadsheet product. He is the author of Manning's IronPython in Action and a well-known speaker at Python conferences throughout the world. IronPython is the implementation of Python for the ...

Workflow question: Upon opening a new case notify team
I am trying to configure CRM so that it will notify a team (all team members) when a case is opened. How would I accomplish this? I have created a team, called tech support, added members, and was setting up a workflow rule when I noticed that you can set up notifications only to users, not teams. This just doesn't seem right. Oh yeah, I also created a new email template. Same thing, 1 owner.... What am I missing? David M Afraid there is no easy way to do this. You could use a Post-URL action to send the message and it could expand out the team members. Also note that you can&#...

Word 2003 -Style Preview
Hello- I believe that there is a style preview option for both the Task Pane/Styles and formatting and also for the Style icon on the formatting toolbar, however I can't find it can anyone help? Thanks On the Edit tab of Tools | Options, be sure to select "Keep track of formatting." Then, in the Styles and Formatting pane, click "Custom" (in the "Show" list). Under "Other formatting," choose what formatting you want displayed. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Marco18+" <Marco18@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook Sent Items Email
We have an end-user that on one particular day was sending out email both new emails and reply emails and the emails show that the "from" address is labeled as "unknown" and the emails were never delivered to recipients. What could possibly cause this? We are currently using Google Apps mail client with the google apps sync plug-in for outlook. Any comments and/or suggestions are kindly welcome. ...

Drag and drop emails in Outlook 2003
I can't drag and drop any emails to different folders. However, I can right click on the message and select Move to folder... How can I fix it? Thanks, Tiffany Try running detect and repair. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Tiffany asked: | I can't drag and drop any emails to different folders. However, I | can right click on the message and select Move to folder... How can | I fix it? | | Thanks, |...

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\outlook.pst not found
When I try to open outlook, I get the following error message. "The file C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\outlook.pst could not be found." If I click okay, outlook opens but it asks me if I want to open my default system folder instead of my inbox, which doesn't have any relation to my profile. I have reinstalled outlook but it hasn't solved the problem. HELP! FYI, I am a new user of this particular computer because I just started working at a new office, so I don't know the history of the program on this computer. So, you're saying cannot find a .pst file that was sa...

Excel Pivot table
Hi, I hope somebody can help - I'm new to the forum so please be gentle - and thanks in advance. I'm sure there is a simple solution to this, but I'm now starting to bang my head! Here goes - Using Excel 2003 - Importing data from SQL server database. The users love the ability to be able to chop and change the data but have asked for an addition. When the pivot table is first opened, you are presented with the skeleton template (that's what I'm calling it anyway). So the user drags fields from the pivot table list into data rows and data columns to s...

Playing a sound on certain emails
I have Outlook on my PC that has a Local Mailbox and a Public Mailbox. I can get it to play sounds when files come into my local mailbox. But how do I get it to run rules and play sounds when they go into the Public Mailbox? Hope this makes sense. Jon ...

can you teach me how to set up my email useing yahoo? it always .
im having a real hard time setting up my email on outlook i had given up hope on my old computer to set up my accont, but now that i have outlook 2003 i really want to set it up. i need to know if i can use yahoo because that where my email adress is, famvid is my mother's email. please email me back soon dark wolf wrote: > im having a real hard time setting up my email on outlook i had given > up hope on my old computer to set up my accont, but now that i have > outlook 2003 i really want to set it up. i need to know if i can use > yahoo because that where my email ad...