How do I get my e-mail to be sent to Microsoft Outlook?

I have recently been introduced to Microsoft Outlook.  My e-mail address is
from comcast, and I am unsure of how to get my e-mail from my comcast e-mail
address to appear on Outlook.  Please help.
Thank you.
0
smetz (1)

In general, comcast will have to support POP3 E-Mail (for E-Mail that
you receive) and SMTP E-Mail (for E-Mail that you send) (there are some
other formats supported as well, but POP3 and SMTP are the most common).
  Assuming that it does, you need to enter the proper parameters into
outlook (basically server names, account IDs and logon passwords).  Once
you have done this, you can receive E-Mail in Outlook.  Note, the mail
isn't "sent" to outlook, per se, rather you open outlook and outlook
goes to the server and asks for the mail (and receives it, if the
necessary configuration has been correctly setup).

Note also, Outlook and Outlook Express are two totally separate,
distinct and different programs and function somewhat differently
(although both are E-Mail client programs).

smetz wrote:

> I have recently been introduced to Microsoft Outlook.  My e-mail address is
> from comcast, and I am unsure of how to get my e-mail from my comcast e-mail
> address to appear on Outlook.  Please help.
> Thank you.
I had comcast and their website provides step by step info with photos to
set it up.
go to www.comcast.net select help and follow the email setup.

> In general, comcast will have to support POP3 E-Mail (for E-Mail that you
> receive) and SMTP E-Mail (for E-Mail that you send) (there are some other
> formats supported as well, but POP3 and SMTP are the most common).
> Assuming that it does, you need to enter the proper parameters into
> outlook (basically server names, account IDs and logon passwords).  Once
> you have done this, you can receive E-Mail in Outlook.  Note, the mail
> isn't "sent" to outlook, per se, rather you open outlook and outlook goes
> to the server and asks for the mail (and receives it, if the necessary
> configuration has been correctly setup).
>
> Note also, Outlook and Outlook Express are two totally separate, distinct
> and different programs and function somewhat differently (although both
> are E-Mail client programs).
>

> smetz wrote:
>
>> I have recently been introduced to Microsoft Outlook.  My e-mail address
>> is from comcast, and I am unsure of how to get my e-mail from my comcast
>> e-mail address to appear on Outlook.  Please help.
>> Thank you.

0
mohawkspa
10/28/2005 1:22:00 AM
On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:47:02 -0700, smetz wrote:

> I have recently been introduced to Microsoft Outlook.  My e-mail address is
> from comcast, and I am unsure of how to get my e-mail from my comcast e-mail
> address to appear on Outlook.  Please help.
> Thank you.

In addition to what you have been told about how to set up a mail client to
fetch your email from the Comcast server, be aware that POP3 email clients
delete the email from the server after downloading it; unless configured to
leave the email on the server. IOW, email messages pulled into MS Outlook
will no longer be available on the web mail server if you don't configure
MS Outlook to leave the messages there.

--
Norman
~I'll be there, by your side

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

POST or GET?

Outlook Sales

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

get a result of an sql into a field

outlook 97 and express email problems

How do you invoke the Let and Get class Functions
I have create classes with the Let and Get functions and now I would like to use these functions to store and retrieve data in the class which will then be put into a collection. Here is the class functions: Private pBusPart As Double Private pStartTime As Date Private pIndex As Integer '''''''''''''''''''''' ' BusPart property '''''''''''''''''''''' Public Property Get BusPart() As Double BusPar...

How to get to email from Word

Outlook Recall Msg Process