How do I fix this so I can view my attachments?

I can't view my attachment.

I found the following topic in help but it doesn't give me
way to fix this so I can view my attachments?

I anivirus protection I don't need this feature from
outlook.

Please advise

I see a paperclip next to a message, but when I open it,
the attachment is gone.
You may have received a message that contains a level 1 e-
mail security attachment file type. To prevent the
inadvertent spread of viruses, Microsoft Outlook checks
the file type of each attachment in a received message
against the file types on the e-mail security attachment
file type list. If an attachment is a file type that can
contain code that can run without warning, you cannot see
or access the attachment. Check the InfoBar at the top of
the message, to see the name of the file attachment you
are unable to access. If you are using Preview Pane, you
will need to open the message to see the InfoBar.

0
bob352 (1)

See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm

However, note that as a lot of the admins who run mail servers and firewalls
are starting to block exe and other potentially dangerous file types (for
good reason), you should ask senders to zip the files before sending them to
you. Scanners may still block them if they are smart enough to detect the
file in the zip, but the chances of them getting through are higher.

Bob wrote:
> I can't view my attachment.
>
> I found the following topic in help but it doesn't give me
> way to fix this so I can view my attachments?
>
> I anivirus protection I don't need this feature from
> outlook.
>
> Please advise
>
> I see a paperclip next to a message, but when I open it,
> the attachment is gone.
> You may have received a message that contains a level 1 e-
> mail security attachment file type. To prevent the
> inadvertent spread of viruses, Microsoft Outlook checks
> the file type of each attachment in a received message
> against the file types on the e-mail security attachment
> file type list. If an attachment is a file type that can
> contain code that can run without warning, you cannot see
> or access the attachment. Check the InfoBar at the top of
> the message, to see the name of the file attachment you
> are unable to access. If you are using Preview Pane, you
> will need to open the message to see the InfoBar.

0
lanwench (7567)

right-jusified in views
Hello, I would like customize some views. Fields contains money values should be right justified. Have anybody a suggestion for this question? Thanks a lot ...

Viewing a file before it is open
There is an option under File, Open called preview. Yet I can not view any excel files. It always shows "Preview not available" Is there a setting that I need to change to be able to do this? You must save the file with the "Save preview picture" enabled for that file. There is no global save function that I know of. With the file open go to File>Properties>Summary. Checkmark option at lower left. Save the file. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 17:41:02 -0700, William <William@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >There is an option und...

Can't add files to Media Player!
I'm getting REALLY frustrated with MP11! It's easy to go online and find audio files but I can't figure out how to add a bunch of mp3 files I've created on my computer! Where's HELP in the program? I told it to check the directory where I have these files, but that's not working! There's no menu option to "add files??" Arrgh! On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:41:01 -0800, Bob Munk <Bob Munk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm getting REALLY frustrated with MP11! It's easy to go online and find >audio files but I can...

Unable to attach task
Hello I have a strange problem with one of my CRM users. This special user is unable to attach a task to a special other user. When he tries to attach the task, the system does not change the name in the lookup field. There is no error nothing in the tracing, it simply doesnt happen. When he attaches the task to another user which is in the same BU as the one where it doesnt work, with the same security roles, it works. Then he can change the owner of the task again and it works too. He only cant attach the task directly to the first user. The problem is realy anoying cause he always h...

Recently moved home. Using dads ISP. Can't send or recieve email
Recently moved from Austin to Kansas City. Currently using my fathers ISP for internet and email access. Need help on how to send and receive emails through outlook 2002. Can I just creat a new account with my own personal user name and password? Boomerang <Boomerang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Recently moved from Austin to Kansas City. Currently using my fathers > ISP for internet and email access. Need help on how to send and > receive emails through outlook 2002. Can I just creat a new account > with my own personal user name and password? With the ISP? You...

Can not close the mailbox.
Hello, I was using MDaemon groupware before and then uninstall it. Then, I try to remove the mailbox that the MDaemon Groupware had created. but the Outlook prompt me "The set of folder could not be open" and the detail is "This error usually appears if the OST or PST file you are using is: Unavailable Protected with file permissions On a share on a server and the network is down Corrupt To correct this problem, store the OST or PST file on the local computer. You may also want to run the scanost.exe and scanpst.exe tools to verify file integrity. More information about ...

Can't open workbook by clicking on file
Why won't double-clicking open the workbook? When I am in Windows Explorer (or other folder) with excel file in it I double-click on the file and xcel opens WITHOUT a workbook! If I have one or two workbooks open and double click on the nex workbook I want to open, it still opens a blank xcell window, not blank workbook, a blank xcell window. I am runningwindows XP. It did this with office 2000, and now afte installing Office XP 2004 it STILL does it. The only way to open a workbook is to open excel first and then us open command and navigate. Sounds minor, but can't do merge i...

Can't use links
Every time I try to click a link I get an error message "general failure. the url was: "http....etc Any idea what's going on? I can't even enable instant search or click any links in my email. Always get the same error message (obviously with different url info). I welcome your suggestions and thanks in advance. I just recently upgraded from office 2003 and 2007 is awesome! This appears to be a default browser problem. In the two cases I found by searching, the problem was solved by setting IE to be the default browser; in one case by using "Set Program acces...

Can you create a table of contents from the worksheet tabs in a w.
I use Excel files that have up multiple worksheets. Is there an easy way to create a summary worksheet at the beginning of the workbook that is a linked table of contents based on the worksheet tab names? Much like how PowerPoint allows you to see an Outline view of the slides. In a perfect scenario, if I renamed a worksheet tab, that information would be reflected in the table of contents. Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm "sumatradc" wrote: > I use Excel files that have up multiple worksheets. Is there an easy way to > create a summary wor...

Can't delete Contacts in Address Book in Outlook 2000
It might be coincidental, but soon after I installed the Outlook Personal Folders Backup, it seems now I can't delete names from my Contacts and I want to delete names I no longer need to send e-mails to. When I attempt to delete those names, I get this message: Some names could not be deleted from the address list. The action could not be completed. Does anyone know how to get around this? ...

Excel and Word Attachments Time Out in OWA
I am having an odd problem in OWA. Many end users are experiencing time out problems when trying to access Word or Excel attachments in OWA on Exchange 2003. It appears to be only Word or Excel as others work fine. OWA is being accessed on a front-end server. However, all attachments work fine when accessed through the back-end server. Any ideas? ...

Can I make a Cladogram using microsoft Excel?
I'm using microsoft offfice 2003 and was curious is there anyway I can make a caldogram using the program? I know that it is possible to make a family tree; however this is inifficient in depicting ancestoral progression of the species- which would be better display with a cladogram. Any Help greatly appreciated! Hi, Maybe fernando cinquegrani's cluster or grafi examples may help. http://www.prodomosua.it/ppage02.html It should be possible to construct a chart using a xy-scatter and various charting tricks. But a lot depends on how you have this data stored. Cheers Andy La...

How can I data sort to more than 3 levels
Is there a technique or add-in utility that will let me do a data sort in Excel to 4 or more levels at once. Currently you can only do 3 levels, and then you have to separate the data to do more. Thanks for any help -- Pam LaDue ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pam LaDue's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36773 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=564880 You have replies at your other post. Pam LaDue wrote: > > Is there a technique or add-in utility that will let me d...

How attach a file in one cell
I'd like to know if it'll be possible attach a file (word, pdf...) in one cell. I'm doing an Excel doc. and I need to put some instructions by doc. attached. in some cells. Thanks! In article <A23394A2-B804-4855-875A-7664B90F4F48@microsoft.com>, How attach a file in the cell <How attach a file in the cell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to know if it'll be possible attach a file (word, pdf...) in one > cell. I'm doing an Excel doc. and I need to put some instructions by doc. > attached. in some cells. Thanks! Cells can contain...

How can I import Smartdraw Files in Visio
I have files I created in Smartdraw *.sdr and I would like to import them into Viso as I no longer use Smartdraw. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, John Pierce Visio does not have an import filter for Smartdraw. You might be able to Copy / Paste your drawing as a metafile image between the applications. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "John Pierce" <JohnPierce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F0B751B-4D16-406F-81B8-7F56844963FA@microsoft....

Windows Mail removes attachment from one or more senders
Why does my Windows Mail on Vista remove attachments from messages from one particular sender who has a different IPS? When my server downloads messages to Windows Mail, I often get a message telling me, essentially, that "Windows Mail has removed attachment which was 'unsafe.' I can go out to the server and see the attachment, open it without any problems, but as soon as I open my Windows Mail, that same message has had the attachment removed by Windows Mail. The attachment is not removed. Access to it is blocked by your settings. If you clicked on that message...

Can you Find and Replace values with in a formula?
Is it possible to search and replace values within a formula? I realize it is easy to due to a value in a cell, but I am unable to perform this with the formulas with in the cells. Edit > Replace..........works fine for me on regular text or formulas in XL2k...........what version Excel are you having trouble with? Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "rascall" <rascall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A311F89-402F-4031-A727-CEEE0E5F2397@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to search and replace values within a formula? I realize it > is easy to due to a...

Can not import Outlook 2003 PST into Outlook XP
Hi there, I am using MS Outlook XP and need to import a PST file that was generated in Outlook 2003. However when I try to do this I get the following error message: 'outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service. Contact your administrator.' Is there anyway around this please? Any help would be very much appreciated. Many thanks, Gary. You'll need to use Outlook 2003 for this and create an Outlook 97-2002 pst-file and export the data to that file. For more info see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/downgradefromoutlook20...

can I sync between desktop and notebook with outlook 2003?
Does outlook 2003 offer an easy way to sync between a desktop and a notebook? Basically, I want the desktop to have everything, and the notebook to have updated contacts, but anything else changed on the desktop does not need to be updated on the notebook. E.g. if I sent an email on the notebook, I want a copy of the sent email on the desktop as well. But if I send something on the desktop, I don't need a copy of that on the notebook. The notebook is just to read email while on the road. I saw people talk about OST file. Could someone give a brief (one or two sentences) conceptual descr...

Exported new store from HQ
Hello, I setup a second store by exporting it from HQ. When I loaded the database in at my new store I was unable to log into Manager and POS. It seems the export somehow resets the password but not sure. I am running version 2.0.0116. Btw I did another export and loaded locally on my machine and couldn't access manager or POS Help! Thanks, Shawn Ezhaghi Vitet Consulting Group Ltd. 646-706-7600 xt: 101 "Not just consultants but retailers too." I had the same problem. I had to use SO administrator, and write to the database using SQL. it is normally stored as an e...

Animation only working as an attachment, not embedded in a message
Something very odd has just happened. I made a gif animation (11 frames). Then, in Windows Live Mail (Windows 7): New>Insert>Image>in line to embed it into the body of the message, as I have done many times before, without any problems, using Outlook Express. The file size was 1.53MB. I sent the message to myself to see what it looked like and it arrived as 317KB, meaning it just showed a static image (1 frame), no animation. When I send it as an attachment there is no problem. I sent the embedded version to my husband, who uses Vista and it didn't work there eith...

can send but not receive to Outlook however e-mail is in my hotmai
This morning opened Outlook 2003 as I always do but e-mails did not come in, even after I clicked send and receive several times. I sent test e-mail, it was sent. I checked my hotmail acct, new e-mails are there they just don't come into Outlook. I can send from Outlook, why can't I receive?? I changed NO settings. The only thing I did yesterday was delete web browse history, delete cookies, delete temp folders. I do these things ever few weeks so doubt that is the issue but who knows. Please, if anyone knows what's going on, I would be ever so appreciative for adv...

RE: Exchange monitor notification can't send me alerts...
I have Exchange 2000 SP3 running Windows 2000 SP4 and using Outlook 2003. I am trying to setup exchange to monitor the status of the hard drive space on the C: I know how to do that and I was able to setup notifications. The notification was able to send to my work email address but it won't send to my nextel cell phone. I was able to send mail to my cell phone so I know that my cell phone can receive text messages. Can anyone please advise? ...

can a password be set in outlook 2003 to stop other people lookin
can a password be set in outlook 2003 to stop other people looking at your e-mail "Johntelo" <Johntelo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B224B5E8-4F09-442B-B2A9-052FD39F6793@microsoft.com... > can a password be set in outlook 2003 to stop other people looking at your > e-mail You can password-protet your pst file to stop people opening it, but once you have opened it, then people are obviously free to browse. In that case you need to lock your computer before you leave it....(Windows Key + L).... ...

How can I view files chronologically when opening multiple files
I often open multiple invoices for the same account, and I want to view them beginning from the oldest to the most current. However, Excel situates them in reverse order such that when I close one or do "ctrl tab" to step to the next file it always steps to the newest file. I would prefer the "stepping" begin and proceed with the oldest files. I don't know that we have any control over the order Excel opens workbooks or stacks their windows. You can press Ctrl-Shift-Tab to go in the reverse order though. -- Jim "Stevilsize" <Stevilsize@discussions...