How do I fix a sudden problem with sending and receiving emails f.

I have been successfully using Outlook as my default email program with my
SBCYahoo dsl for some months and then I was not.  The only thing I can link
it to, possible, is that for a short while I agreed to allow Microsoft to
monitor my use of their programs.   after about a week, some of the programs
didn't work as well and some other problems occurred, so a uninstalled that
program.

what happen now is that the process times out after receiveing a few of the
emails and says that "connection was interrupted"-which is impossible since I
am 'always connected' via dsl.   It will keep trying to access it and I end
up having a zillion copies of the same email before I am through.  HELP!

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 10:29:03 -0800, Bunzostuarde wrote:

> I have been successfully using Outlook as my default email program with my
> SBCYahoo dsl for some months and then I was not.  The only thing I can link
> it to, possible, is that for a short while I agreed to allow Microsoft to
> monitor my use of their programs.   after about a week, some of the programs
> didn't work as well and some other problems occurred, so a uninstalled that
> program.
>
> what happen now is that the process times out after receiveing a few of the
> emails and says that "connection was interrupted"-which is impossible since I
> am 'always connected' via dsl.   It will keep trying to access it and I end
> up having a zillion copies of the same email before I am through.  HELP!

If you have anti-virus or anti-spam software scanning your incoming mail,
turn of that scanning - the "connection was interrupted" error is often the
result of such software.  Turning it off will probably also fix your
zillion-copies problem.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

Missing emails 02-05-10
I recently had to do a system recovery, and when I restored files the emails looked like they were there. But when I open up a saved email folder, often all the listed emails wind up opening with the same email message. The mail titles are right, but when I open it to read, it is the same as another mail from the same folder. Anybody konw why? What can I do? Thanks, Tim It sounds as if the database may be messed up. You can try repairing it (www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/). You can also search for *.eml and that should give you the actual messages instead of from within WinMa...

Problems with reports
Hi, we are having troubles with our MSCRM. We installed MSCRM on a demo-pc within our dmz. Everything works fine as long the user connects from the local company network. But if the user connects from external everything works except the reports. Even the list of reports isn't displayed within MSCRM. Has anyone a clue? Thank you very much for your help Chris are you using ssl on your external web as crystal will not work over ssl (so i have been told) "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1836101c41afb$9eb7dde0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > ...

How do I fix a sudden problem with sending and receiving emails f.
I have been successfully using Outlook as my default email program with my SBCYahoo dsl for some months and then I was not. The only thing I can link it to, possible, is that for a short while I agreed to allow Microsoft to monitor my use of their programs. after about a week, some of the programs didn't work as well and some other problems occurred, so a uninstalled that program. what happen now is that the process times out after receiveing a few of the emails and says that "connection was interrupted"-which is impossible since I am 'always connected' via dsl...

Problem with Windows Live Signin
I am currently used Money Plus Home and Business, and have problem sign in my Data with MSN Windows Live ID. I was recently chagne my Windows Live Messenger Login ID. As I read Money suppose to detect the change. Now how do I fix this problem. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Luan Pham wrote: >I am currently used Money Plus Home and Business, and have problem >sign in my Data with MSN Windows Live ID. I was recently chagne my >Windows Live Messenger Login ID. As I read Money suppose to detect >the change. Now how do I fix this problem. Thanks See if this helps: http://s...

Not promoting emails
When I select and email and then click on "Promote E-mail to CRM Activity" I get the error message: "An error occurred while trying to promote the e-mail. Try again" Is there anyway to find out what exactly that error was? Thanks Stephen, We're having the same problem. I have started a call with MS on this. I'll let you know what I find out. Did anyone find a solution for this? I'm having the same issue. BTW, I found out that things that I have recived from others I can still promote but if I have sent it, it does not look like it's working. Rich...

Problems with upgrading from Tiger to Snow Leopard on Word 2004?
I have OS 10.4.11 and use it with Office 2004 and EndNote 9 for a book I'm in the middle of. Everything is stable and I would prefer not to change until the book is finished. However, I'm having problems with some other software, and their help people say that I need to upgrade to Snow Leopard. If I do: (1) will it adversely effect Office 2004, especially Word 2004 and EndNote 9 (which contains more than 500 references)? (2) can I just do an OS upgrade or do I need the more expensive MacBox set that Apple recommends for Tiger users? (3) will it adversely effect MYOB, which h...

Junk email problem...
We run a exchange 2003 environment and all of our users run Outlook 2003. We turn off the "junk email filter" in outlook but for some reason email is still going into our users junk email folders on their mailboxes. I am assuming somewhere in exchange this option is turned on and filtering this email. Any ideas on what I am missing? Thanks all Halve, I've been experiencing the same issue and have not found a solution for it as of yet. I've used group policies to disable the Junk Email filter in Outlook and have used the OWA Administration Tool to disable the Junk E...

Best procedure for forwarding email of fired sales employee?
We recently fired a sales employee and now I need to make sure his manager receives all the emails. What's the best practice for handling this type of situation. Should I give the manager rights to the fired employees inbox and add another mailbox withing Outlook, or is there a better way to handle this? Add the old SMTP addresses to the managers mailbox. ( changing the existing ones in the fired employee's mailbox first of course) On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:55:33 -0800, "Colin" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >We recently fired a sales employee and now I need to ...

can't read emails
When I do send & recieve it look like the mails go somewhere else but inbox, where they go? how can I see them? I know for sure those email where download from my server On Tue, 03 May 2005 07:34:07 -1000, emilio <emilio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I do send & recieve it look like the mails go somewhere else but > inbox, > where they go? how can I see them? I know for sure those email where > download > from my server What version of Outlook are you running and what mode (Corp/Workgroup, Internet Mail Only, etc.) do you have it installed i...

PROBLEM SIZING A TEXT BOX IN A FORM
Access 2007/vista I have a form in which I cannot adjust the text boxes INDIVIDUALLY. I click on a text box and it becomes surrounded by an orange border, indicating it is selected. But when I size it smaller or larger, all the other text boxes in the form move in tandem. I have not encountered this before and am baffled. Ideas? -- William ...

Pocket PC will not synch "a program is trying to access email..." warning.
I am trying to synch my PocketPC (Jornada 548 running PPC2000) with Outlook 2003 SP1. I keep getting the "A program is trying to access email messages you have stored in Outlook" message. I am running the latest ActiveSynch 3.7.1. Basically this prevents me from synching remotely or over my network unless I am right there at the PC to let it though. I don't think this should be happenning but I have yet to find a way to disable it or to secure ActiveSynch for access. My wife's Palm Vx using Hotsynch manager 4.0.1 does the same thing but I kind of expected current Microso...

Failure to email from Micriosoft Photo Viewer
When i try to email from microsoft picture viewer it opens the attach file and size alternates it doesn't open Outlook in a new message, Outlook is running after I attach because I can see it in the task manager under processes but not somehow not available. If I open Outlook first it works OK. Outlook is set as my default(obviously as it opens in task manager) Can you help? same thing happens if i try directly from my Pictures Library using "Send To" Do you mean the new msg window doesnt open? (Not outlook itself) "marvingee" <marvingee@discussions.m...

Format problem #6
Somehow my formatting appears to be defaulting to time. Everytime I copy formulas or data from one cell to another the format changes to time. How do you stop this from happening? -- Gary If you land the cell pointer on a particular cell and cut-and-paste, then the format of the original cell will follow to the pasted cell. If you're encountering "phantom" formats then the cell may have been previously formatted. I tried to get a blank sprdsht to behave in the manner you describe, and couldn't. My error: this often happens to me when using cells formatted as dates or...

send page by email
user having a problem send a web page as html using outlook 2002 on w2k system... If he is working offline in outlook but wants to send a web page as html, outlook makes the email as a web link and not as an html page .. (long story as to why he wants to work offline in outlook but is still connected to web) .. (when working in outlook as "connected" it works fine) .. why does outlook do this a is the a way to fix it ...

What does Rv: stand for in the subjetc line of an email??
Hi all, can anyone tell me what the Rv: stands for in the subject line of an email??? Fw: forward Re: Return Rv: ??? Marc Re: in some other language? (possibly Spanish) RE and FW are the English versions, other tags used include accept, decline and similar full words but only used for meeting invitations. Any other short tags are Re or FW in different languages. You may also see codes added by email systems for tracking purposes - this would include ADV (advertising) or SPAM. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 f...

Multiple email accounts and inbox folders
I have 3 email accounts set up - one hotmail and two non-web-based accounts. The incoming hotmail messages automatically go into the hotmail inbox; however all email from the other email accounts winds up together in the "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]" inbox. Is there a way that email received via these other ISP's can be directed to separate folders I specifically set up for them? Thanks in advance. Rick Johnston You have to use a rule to separate out POP accounts. Go with some like "when mail arrives through specified account, move to specified folder". You...

Using external email address for AD user
We have certain users that we would like to use an external email address for and give access to resources in the domain. The only solution I have found so far is to create an account they will use for access and then to add a contact so we can send emails and add as a member of DL's. Ideally, I would like to do this without adding 2 separate objects in AD. Is that possible? Hi there, Are you aware that you can create a user and mail-enable them (not mailbox-enable), establishing an external address on the account. It removes the need for both a contact and a user accoun...

How do you change the way email addresses are displayed? John Doe.
How do you change the way a recipent of an emails name is displayed in an email? I want to only show "John Doe" and not "John Doe (Email):<John Doe@xxx.com>" Displayed where and in what version of Outlook? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "dmoors" <dmoors@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:540E8B6B-2F78-4541-9116-3A79F4A5D52B@microsoft.com... > How do you change the way a recipent of an emails name is displayed in an > email? I want to only show "John Doe" and not "John Doe (Email):<John > Doe@xxx.com>&q...

problem with laptop client
hi everybody, i've got a lot of troubles with laptop client for outlook (CRM 3.0) i've installed MS CRM 3.0 in a win 2003 server, with sql2005 and exchange 2003. my pc is logged to a different domain, not the one with CRM, but these 2 domains are in trust between them. CRM via web works right. but if i try to install laptop client (but also desktop client) on my pc, i get an error (no communication or similar) when i run outlook (2003 sp2) during installation i put "http://192.168.0.100" (ip address of CRM server) when asked. do I have to put another ip address? or even if ...

Page SetUp Print Problems
A friend has a spreadsheet that is giving him some problems. We go to Page Break Preview and the sheet is 2 pages wide. My friend wanted to make 1 page wide so we dragged the blue line to the right to make it one page. Excel, instead of doing that, made it 20 or more pages. We went to the Page Setup and noticed that Excel had changed the scaling down to 10%. We wanted it to be 1 page wide by 6 pages long so we put that info in but Excel did not accept it. We thought maybe something was wrong with the sheet itself so we selected all the cells and cut/paste them into a new sheet - but it s...

transfer contacts using email
Is it possible to transfer contacts from one machine to another using email? If, yes, what does the receiving person need to do? Many thanks, Frank FJB <FJB0623@aol.com> wrote: > Is it possible to transfer contacts from one machine to another using > email? If, yes, what does the receiving person need to do? Create a new PST (File>Net>Outlook Data File). Now, right-click Contacts and choose Copy. SPecify the new PST as the destination. When the copy completes, right-click the new PST and choose Close. Close Outlook. Rename the PST's file extension to something...

Can't get Publisher to give "send as message" as an email option
We use Windows live Mail which won't work with publisher. So for the purposes of sending out an email I changed the default program to Windows mail But, under the option "send email" only the send as attachment option appears. I have changed the default program in Vista to use windows mail. Help ...

Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified f
HELP HELP SOS my outlook suddenly says ( Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. You do not have permission to log on.) when i hit outlook today. I restored my machine and nothing happen. im runnning an XP with Outlook 2002 and the machine is on a server ...

Device problem
Hi, I've already spent several hours trying to figure this out, reading forums and suggestions, trying different things, and not succeeding at all. So, I decided to post my problem on here. I have a Samsung YP-S2 (Pebble). With the device, I had to install Samsung Media Studio. Everything was working great until a couple of weeks ago. I plugged in my device to add new songs, BUT Samsung Media Studio won't recognize it...so I can't do anything. Now, I noticed that My Computer lists the device as "unspecified" now. It used to list it as a portable devi...

Attemps to send emails that don't exist
Recently Outlook started trying to send 2 emails that don't exist. The outbox is empty, but it continually attempts to send the non-existent emails. Is there a way to fix this? TIA, -Steve- Try File, Work Offline, Delete the "stuck" messages. "Steve Zimmelman" wrote: > Recently Outlook started trying to send 2 emails that don't exist. The > outbox is empty, but it continually attempts to send the non-existent > emails. > > Is there a way to fix this? > > TIA, > -Steve- > > > ...