How do I eliminate duplicate addresses from my address book?

--
DickW

Post a clear detailed question in the body of the post, including why you
think you have duplicates.
From what little you have posted I am guessing that you are mistaken and do
not even have duplicates in the Outlook address book. Provide the evidence
that you do, and include your Outlook version.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Little Richard" <littlerichard@pactcenter.org> wrote in message

> --
> DickW

0
russval1 (2100)

regarding email address
i have exchange 2003 with windows 2003 server in winodws 2000 active directory. Unexpectedly when new user is created, its email address is not generated and email address tab in the user properties shows blank. Active directory console i m running from exchange 2003 server Please assist On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 04:18:02 -0700, Faisal <Faisal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have exchange 2003 with windows 2003 server in winodws 2000 active directory. > >Unexpectedly when new user is created, its email address is not generated >and email address tab in the user propertie...

Organize
I've used the Organize Wizard to sort emails from specific people into specific subfolders within the Inbox. Prior to discovering the Wizard I was manually specifying where an email I had received should go in the future. I think some of these attributes still remain on 1 or more addresses as when I receive an email from a specific person a copy goes to 3 different locations! 1 to the Inbox, one to a subfolder within Inbox (this is the correct one), and one to a subfolder within Sent Items (a mistake I had made earlier on). Can anyone explain how to remove attributes from all incoming em...

blocking internet addresses
How can I block certain sites and banners from showing up on my Outlook Express? Thanks in advance Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "steve" <anonymous...

Which email address was it sent to???
Using OL 2002 I have about 8 different email addresses set up. When I retrieve my emails is there a way to tell which email address it was sent to? I would like to see it in the "inbox" window if possible. In my inbox I have "to", "from", "received", and several other things displayed. In the "to" column it does not display the address. As an example I am in several Yahoo Groups and when I get an email from them the "to" column displays the email address of that Yahoo Group. It would be nice to know which of the email address I ...

Spam mail coming from my own Email address
Recently, I have been getting Spam E mail as if it were being sent by myself. I have set up rules that get rid of most of the junk, but have also set a rule to not block mail from personal contacts including my own address. With that rule, somehow I am getting spam mail as if i sent it to myself. Anyone know whats causing this and the cure?? (I had an earlier reply to this question questioning why I would send an E mail to myself. If that person read this again, it simple. I use my Email both at work and at home and very often will forward material to myself so I can retrieve i...

Pasting email address into text field
Hello all, I am attempting to copy/paste several rows of data from an excel spreadsheet into an Access form. I receive an error: "The value you have entered into this field is invalid" when the data contains an email address. The email address field is set for text with a field length of 255 characters in the DB. I can copy the individual email address into the field without any problems. the problem occurs only when I am copying the whole row or rows of data from the excel spreadsheet into the Access DB. Any ideas about getting around this problem? Hi, this is exactly wh...

two Global Address Lists
Is it possible to have one exchange 2003 server with two Global address lists? I have two companies with two different domains running off of one Exchange 2003 server and i want two Global address lists. I have created two Global address lists but they do not show up for some reason. Anyone know why? See the article: 822940 How to Manage Address Lists When You Host Virtual Organizations http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822940 Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -------------------- >Fro...

How can I convert data from excel to address labels?
I've been asked to convert a list of addresses that are in an excel spreadsheet into address labels. Would appreciate any help! Thanks. See Mail Merge in Microsoft Word. It has wonderful instructions "KC" <KC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ECF5BD3-97C3-4978-838A-C6DA2D55FB4A@microsoft.com... : I've been asked to convert a list of addresses that are in an excel : spreadsheet into address labels. Would appreciate any help! Thanks. You may want to read some tips for mailmerge: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org...

Turn on address auto complete?
I have been trying to turn on the autocomplete feature in outlook. if you type the first letter of an address you have typed before it will complete it for you, similar to what IE6 does for URL. Does anybody know where to turn it on? Thanks, Peter What version of Outlook? Outlook doesn't do auto-complete. It has a feature called auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out of the field (or hit Alt-K [Check Names]), Outlook will attempt to resolve the name against your address book. If it can't it'll red underline it and you can right click on the ...

How do you select a cell with an "absolute" address with a cursor?
When you try to make an absolute reference to a cell, you place "$" in front of the column and/or row. But can you do it more easily by, for example, selecting a cell with your mouse while pressing CTRL (obviously this does not work) when you select a cell? Thank you. New Daddy, select the cell press F2 then F4 to toggle absolute -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "New Daddy" <newlywed2@daum.net>...

Can I do a 365 day flip book post-card size in Publisher 2007?
I want to do a message-a-day flip book using the post-card format in Publisher. Can I in the same file add one day after the next? I suppose it would be best to select the printing for it to print the first half of the year, then flip the stock and have the other half of the year so the flip book could just be turned around half way through. Will this work? How do add multiple cards in the same file? Thanks- To add a card or cards select Insert Page or pages. -- Don - Publisher 2000 Vancouver, USA "CreativeCat" <CreativeCat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Address Labels
The situation: I work for a small business which has a large number of Excel wookboo files, each of which holds the details of a customer. Part of these details are - obviously - the name and address listin for that customer, with the name and each line of the address bein listed in seperate cells. The problem: The owner of the business has asked that I build up an Excel databas of every 2004-2005 customer (well over a thousand), which lists th name and address of each, in such a way that it can be printed directl onto sticky labels if necessary. Needless to say, trying to do this manua...

can you print your address book with photos?
I want to print a directory for the members of a club and wanted to include a photograph, but I cannot figure out how to add the photo that I already have in their contact information into the booklet. No, the photo does not print. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll:...

Duplicate Fund Names
Hi, I have "Fidelity Contrafund (Symbol: FCNTX)" in my 401-k account for a number of years and have a lot of transactions entered in my Money Plus Premium version. Recently Fidelity changed the fund name from "Contrafund" to "Contrafund K". This time around, when I downloaded the transaction, there are two transactions one which sold all the old "Contrafund (FCNTX)" and a second which purchased a new "Contrafund K". So, when I try to update the statement, money is treating Contrafund K" as a new investment and giving me two opti...

SQL View duplicating records
I've created a view on inventory transactions linking IV30300 and IV30400, wanting to pull the lot number information into the view for each inventory trx. I have a transaction that was an INVADJ, with one item on it, recorded at 3 different quantities, 3 different costs, and 3 different lot numbers. In my results pane, this transaction is listed 9 times, once for each combination of qty, cost, and lot number. What causes this to happen and how do I change my query to pull only one line per combination of qty, cost and lot number in this transaction? Thanks for the help. Frank Hamelly...

Identify Duplicates (Group Records First)
Hello, I have an invoice table that includes the fields CustomerNumber and DivisionNumber. Customers can deal with multiple divisions. CustomerNumber DivisionNumber ABC Co 10 ABC Co 10 ABC Co 10 Smith Inc 10 Smith Inc 10 Jones Corp 20 Jones Corp 20 Jones Corp 10 XYZ Inc 20 XYZ Inc 20 I am trying to come up with a query that will identify that Jones Corp has records in both division 20 and 10. I would like the results ...

Duplicate emails on exchange server 5.5
Im using w2k server sp4, and exchange server 5.5 witn sp4 also Im suprised that some of the users are receiving duplicate emails local and internet and it is continously increasing and annoying to the user that they received the same kind of emails despite the fact that they read already. What seems to be the problem. Thank you very much in advance for your help. Manny >>receiving duplicate emails local and internet local and internet? Are they different messages? Is the user a member of a distribution list and are the messages sent to the DL and the user? Manny wrote: > Im...

Since I changed to Outlook 2003 I receive all emails in duplicate
I have been using Outlook Express until recently when I purchased Outlook 2003. Since then, I receive all my email messages in duplicate and sometimes in triplicate. It drives me absolutely crazy! What is going on? Can someone help me there. Thanks Waht is your setup? How many POP3 accounts do you have configured? Do you have rules configured as well? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Annemarie06" <Annemarie06@discussions.microsoft...

How do I set up a URL address to send and recieve e mail?
I'm using Outlook 2003. How can I set Outlook up to send and recieve e mail from Microsoft Web Access? It has a https URL. -- Thank You James P Murphy Outlook's WebDav (HTTP) protocol doesn't support HTTPS urls. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050322.htm -- "J Murphy" <JMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D0201CB-113B-44C6-946B-206C3AAF069D@microsoft.com... > I'm using Outlook 2003. How can I set Outlook up to send and recieve e > mail > from Microsoft Web Access? It has a https URL. > -- > Thank You...

Name Matching
Hi when an email is sent to a miss-spelled address, how do I route these emails to a postmaster or admin account? Thanks Matt What version of Exchange? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Matt" <mattremoveme@edirect.co.uk> wrote in message news:006001c3b506$6c6670f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > when an email is sent to a miss-spelled address, how do I > route these emails to a postmaster or admin account? > > Thanks > Matt Exchange Server 2003 Running on Windows Server 2003 >----...

Imported text file w/o unique identifiers, find duplicates
Imported a txt file w/o unique identifiers and have run a query to find possible duplicate records based on 3 seperate fields. How can I either update those fields that may be in error in the original table or append a new record w/o the duplicate data and delete the original record? In the following I need to determine which records to keep, which to delete and/or which to update. End Date Total Sheets Time Operator Name 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00094123 B D MCNARA 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00095681 NAME UNKNOWN 3/17/2007 84 0:01 00091234 C D S 3/17/2007 84 0:01 000...

Contacts & Address Book #2
My address book only shows about 9 contacts. I have more than 100 contacts, & I don't know why only these 9 are showing. It seems random. I've tried Contacts>Properties>Outlook Address Book, which was enabled. I disabled, then reenabled it but got the same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You haven't told us anything that would permit us to troubleshoot. Read how to configure the Address Book: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Headshrinker" <Headshrinke...

Quit creating duplicate desktop icons when doing upgrades/hotfix #2

Getting "program trying to access addresses" message when sending email
Whenever I open up a new "Compose Mail" window and start typing addresses into the "To" field, Outlook brings up the message that a program is trying to access email addresses I've stored in Outlook, and asking whether I want to allow it. Any reason this is happening even though the program that's trying to access those addresses is Outlook itself? Do you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat 6 installed? If yes, you might have to disable the PDFMaker addin. In any event, check out this section http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems to s...

HQ creating duplicate POs after 340
Sometimes - not every time, and not on command - I end up with duplicate POs in my Store Operations database after issuing a single WS340 from HQ. When I look at the worksheet history in HQ, is shows that it was processed successfully * twice * at the exact same time. UPDATE - problem solved. Somehow one of the 'manual connection only' office PCs got the 'manual connection only' unchecked. I'm going to post this anyways - just in case someone has a similar problem in the future. Tom ...