How do I create an HTML email message?

Outlook 2003, on an XP machine, in Internet mode.

When I look:ed at the source of an HTML email that was sent to me, it
started:
    <head>

and ended

I have a simple html file that I use to post announcements on Craigslist,
and I'd like to use it in the body of an email and have it go out as an HTML
file.  I sent it to myself as a test, and the message had the text
 <htm>
 <head>
   This is the head
 </head>

and when I view the source of that test mesage, this is the source:

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.3354" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT size=2>
<P>&lt;html&gt;</P>
<P>&lt;head&gt;</P>
<P>This is the head</P>
<P>&lt;/head&gt;&lt;/html&gt;</P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

No. I just want the message to say
 This is the head.

So, how do I get send a message so that it gets transmitted as HTML, not
text?

I've tried various combinations of default message formats in the Options
dialog box, but none of them seem to matter.  Is it somewhere else?

Margaret Bartley, you  wrote on Fri, 5 Sep 2008 01:29:58 -0700:

> So, how do I get send a message so that it gets transmitted as HTML, not
> text?

Open a new html mail, go to

Insert |File

select your html-file, click the little arrow on the insert button and
select the option "Insert as text".

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

MVP - MS Outlook
http://www.outlookfaq.net
0
cg2706 (163)
9/5/2008 11:31:29 AM
you can also open it in IE and copy and paste the page into the email
message.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Christian Goeller" <cg@mvps.org.invalid> wrote in message
> Margaret Bartley, you  wrote on Fri, 5 Sep 2008 01:29:58 -0700:
>
>> So, how do I get send a message so that it gets transmitted as HTML, not
>> text?
>
> Open a new html mail, go to
>
> Insert |File
>
> select your html-file, click the little arrow on the insert button and
> select the option "Insert as text".
>

> --
> Best Regards
> Christian Goeller
>
> MVP - MS Outlook
> http://www.outlookfaq.net

0
outlookmvp (5838)
9/5/2008 11:00:51 PM
Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:

> you can also open it in IE and copy and paste the page into the email
> message.

I wasn't aware that Outlook had a source or direct HTML edit mode?
Pasting HTML code (which is just text) into an e-mail message might
still not get the wanted result.  Wouldn't it be more correct to edit
the .html file until it looks how you want in a web browser and then use
that web browser's Send Page By E-mail function?  Of course, not
everything you can display in a web browser will be properly displayed
within an e-mail client that support HTML formatted e-mails.  E-mail
clients are not web browsers and, for example, the default Restricted
Sites security zone used by Outlook will not run scripts, AX controls,
etc.
0
V4521 (722)
9/5/2008 11:47:23 PM
Have you tried it?  Yes, using send by email will work too but you can copy
any rendered HTML (as you see when you open the page in IE) and paste it
into an email message (must be HTML format naturally).  I've never had it
convert to the raw HTML code.

I never said outlook has a HTML source editor (because it doesn't) but that
doesn't mean you can't paste rendered HTML into the message body.

--

> Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
>
>> you can also open it in IE and copy and paste the page into the email
>> message.
>
> I wasn't aware that Outlook had a source or direct HTML edit mode?
> Pasting HTML code (which is just text) into an e-mail message might
> still not get the wanted result.  Wouldn't it be more correct to edit
> the .html file until it looks how you want in a web browser and then use
> that web browser's Send Page By E-mail function?  Of course, not
> everything you can display in a web browser will be properly displayed
> within an e-mail client that support HTML formatted e-mails.  E-mail
> clients are not web browsers and, for example, the default Restricted
> Sites security zone used by Outlook will not run scripts, AX controls,
> etc.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Not receiving email
I am not able to receive emails from many people - many only 15% are coming through based on phone calls. I removed all restrictions. I also am getting very little junk email. This has been going on for 13 days. The only thing (that I know of) that I did was change the password for the Outgoing Server as we were asked to changed this password. I am using Outlook 2007. Hattie Braun wrote: > I am not able to receive emails from many people - many only 15% are coming > through based on phone calls. I removed all restrictions. I also am getting > very little junk ...

Getting email addresses.
Hi, I have a customer who wants to get a list of all the email addresses that are passed through his exchange server, both inbound and outbound. They are using the tracking centre so I was wondering if there was a way of getting the info out of here. Has anyone done this or is it even possible? Is there a better way? Please let me know, Thanks, Chris This information is stored in message tracking logs and in SMTP logs, if logging is enabled. I think your favorite spreadsheet app will help yo with extraction. Logs can be found in \\servername\servername.log. Chris Gradden wrote...

no sound when receiving email
All of a sudden, I don't get a sound when I receive email. I checked to make sure the sound was still set and is on. And it is. Can anyone help me? Thank you. Tools | Options | General. Is "Play sound......" checked? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "TexasSmile" <TexasSmile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52C59B92-30B1-41EC-9347-3B51B5DEF702@microsoft.com... > All of a sudden, I don't get a sound when I receive email. I checked to > make > sure the sound was still set...

MS-Word to XML to HTML
I have a need to convert MS-Word Documents (6.0 / 97 / 2000 / 2003) to XML and from XML to HTML. This needs to be done programmatically with C/C++/C#. Any information on doing this would greatly be appreciated. Thanks, Dave ...

How to create a WS_POPUP window like menu window?
I do not want to use the CMenu or HMENU, and created a WS_POPUP window, make it looks like a menu, but when my menu window activeted, the main app window's title bar become gray. You know the system menu can get mouse move msg and the main app window's title bar do not became gray, Is there any hint? John Smith "John Smith" <tap05@126.com> wrote in message news:%2330OT9mYJHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I do not want to use the CMenu or HMENU, and created a WS_POPUP window, >make it looks like a menu, > > but when my menu window activeted, the m...

mail message in my fie menu
Ever since I bought my new computer I havenot been able to send E Mails/Messages on Outlook 2000 I cannot find Mail message in the File menu and even when accessing a new E Mail form thewre is no send button on the toolbar Please advise It sounds like you attempted to install Outlook 2000 on your new computer and move your old data file. It also sounds like you now have a corrupt Outlook profile. How did you go about moving the Outlook Data File? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP- Print /Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When Ne...

Outlook Incoming Messages no longer display
Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix this ? "erni" wrote: > Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix > this ? I am having the same problem. It seems to happen with HTML email messages. The messages are there you just can't read the font. It is barely legible and faded yellow. ...

Money crash creating savings account
I am running Money version 12 under Vista home premium. When I select the "Investing" pull down menu and then select "Saving" from the list displayed money crashes. I have repaired my money file and tried it on the repaired money file and it still fails. I have copied the Sample.MNY file to my documents, where my normal money file is stored, and the facility works Ok I do not think I have ever tried to use this facility before. ...

Creating a cursor on the fly
Hi, I would like to create a cursor on the fly, it is only going to be a white square but because it will be different sizes it would be better to create it on the fly. Anybody have any idea on how i can create a cursor on the fly like that? Thanks. Sims Cursors are actually a BMP sprite, I have tried once saving a BMP file as .cur and it worked! Create a BMP on the fly and set it as a cursor, try it! - Vicky Vigia "Sims" <siminfrance@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<#J5AQlSnDHA.2432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>... > Hi, > > I would like to create a cursor ...

Creating a Pivot Chart
I am sure there is a pretty simple trick to this that I just cannot figure out. I would like to put these currencies into a pivot table and be able to filter by Country. My ideal situation would be able to set up a Pivot graph that I could pick and choose which currency I wanted to show using the report filter. Everytime I try I cannot get this result. My sheet is set up as the following. Colums have the Country Currency Ticker USD, JPY, GBP, etc with the values beneath them. The rows are labeled by date starting at 1/1/2006 to 10/22/08 starting in cell. The column labels start ...

Emails sent to public folders not received
Our Exchange 5.5 site was migrated to Exchange 2003 Following the decomissioning of the Exchange 5.5 server, emails sent from external addressed to the mail enabled public folders were not being recieved. The senders were not recieving a bound back or NDR Emails from internal addresses were recieved. This was resolved by giving the anonymous account contribute permissions to the public folders. Question: What happened to the emails that were sent to the public folders before the permissions were changed? There was no NDR. Note: there is a mailsweeper in place Are the emails located on the ...

Email Track in CRM button missing sporadically
I have a customer that on one pc, sometimes when he creates an email in Outlook, the Track in CRM button does not show up on the email form. Later, when he creates another email, the button might be there or might not. Has anyone else seen this or have any suggestions on what might cause this problem? We have uninstalled and reinstalled the Outlook client as well as the update rollup 2. Thanks, -Rick M. ...

Reply/New Message
Hello All - Using Outlook 2003 SP2 I have 3 accounts: Acct 1 Pop/Smtp (Default) Acct 2 Pop/Smtp Acct 3 Pop/Smtp When I start a new mail message, the default Acct 1 is used for the sender. But when I click Forward/Reply/Reply-All on an existing message, Acct 3 is used for the sender. (I get a gray box at the top of the message screen "this message will be sent via Acct3." I can then click Accounts and change the sender to Acct 1. How do I make Acct 1 be the default for New, Forward, Reply and Reply-All??? Any Ideas? Thanks, Shay Shay <shaygonen@gmail.com> wrote: > When...

Automatic message language definition in international environment
How can I strictly define language for replies in Outlook 2002 with Microsoft Word message editor? Definition of Word/Outlook are not strictly followed. Problem background: We operate Outlook 2002 in international environment and users obtain messages from various countries and some messages go through several countries. A lot of countries have alternate national language defined together with English language in Windows Regional settings. The problem is that when you forward/reply to a message, sometimes Outlook use the local language for new text, sometimes use English. There is no ...

email insertion
I have a Publisher file, saved as a PDF file. I don't want to\ simply attach the file but embed directly in the email. Any suggestions? If you search for this subject in this newsgroup, I think you will find that email embedding generally is discouraged, as many recipients have turned off the ability to receive HTML messages (because of the possibility of a virus also being embedded). Best bet seems to be an attachment. Bruce "Brizee" wrote: > I have a Publisher file, saved as a PDF file. I don't want to\ > simply attach the file but embed directly in the email....

Sending Bulk Email to Customers
We have a 8000+ list of customers that we send out a newsletter to on a monthly basis. Is there a best practices to follow when sending that amount of data from our Exchange 2003 server? The email is about 200k in size and if we don't have to cut it down any further we would like to keep it. Our main goal is to conserve bandwidth as much as possible and also manage the NDR's so that we can update our contact list. We will consider 3rd party packages as well. Thanks all! --Adam On 15 Jan 2007 11:08:48 -0800, eckerle@gmail.com wrote: >We have a 8000+ list of customers that we...

new message window (Microsoft Word) opens 1/2 way!
When we go to compose a new message in Outlook 20000, the window only opens up 1/2 way and we have to maximize it. There have been a few times that the window will open up all the way but not sure if there is either a regestry setting or local setting that would control this feature??? Thanks! On hands and knees, Paul crawls to SilverRaven and begs: >When we go to compose a new message in Outlook 20000, the >window only opens up 1/2 way and we have to maximize it. >There have been a few times that the window will open up >all the way but not sure if there is either a re...

Signing outlook email
Through empirical tests we find that Outlook is unable to use an email signing certificate to sign email. What it takes is a cert that includes email encryption or an additional cert for email encryption. This seems to be a failure of Outlook and I would like either to confirm this or learn that others are not having this issue. It's certainly possible that we have some configuration problem. The error we receive from Outlook is that the cert is invalid. With a cert that is for both signing and encryption, I can send email with Outlook with only signing or with only encryption o...

Problem generating email address
I have Exchange2003 and Win2003 AD with about 20 child domains running. Now I am experiencing some problem. For one child domain, RUS runs fine and I actually manually did update on RUS. The child domain is located in different geograpgic place and working fine. One word, I don't see any system issue. I created a few new users' email a week ago, by going through the "Exchange Task" process. However, none of their email address is generated. I rebooted email server and child DC. Still the email address is not generated. Any help? Thanks Rick The email addresses a...

Help on tracking email
Hi, When recieved emails with track token from outside, I always got another email with the subject : FW:.... I could not find a rule to ask it to forward to my local account. So what is wrong with it? Any ideas? Thanks, Cindy You can Forward emails/activities from within CRM. It may be possible someone is forwarding these to you. "Cindy" wrote: > Hi, When recieved emails with track token from outside, I always got another > email with the subject : FW:.... I could not find a rule to ask it to forward > to my local account. So what is wrong with it? > Any ideas...

How could a Message box popup in systray with yes/no option
How can we make a message box pop up from a system tray icon ,on notification to a specific icon ,with yes and no option on it . Either use AfxMessageBox, or MessageBox. AliR. "gaurav" <gauravnetwork@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1155732162.797738.229580@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > How can we make a message box pop up from a system tray icon ,on > notification to a specific icon ,with yes and no option on it . > Check this out: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/TaskbarNotifier.asp Tom "gaurav" <gauravnetwork@gmail.com> wrote in message...

Checking work email from home
Is there a website that you can log onto to check your work email from home? And if so what is the web address? Depends on what your work email is. Ask your admins there, first. If you have exchange server in the office & don't use PST files, you may be able to use Outlook Web Access if they've installed it/allowed access to it. If you use POP mail, you might be able to use www.mail2web.com - just to see non-downloaded mail in your inbox. stacey90210 wrote: > Is there a website that you can log onto to check your > work email from home? And if so what is the web address?...

Using ADODB, how do I create a msgbox when duplicate data is enter
Hello, I am having a problem creating a msgbox, when data entered through a form into a table is duplicated. I would like for a msgbox to popup, and warn the user for dupliucate data, before the actual data is entered into the table. I have an index for no duplicate set on a field in a table. How would I go about this? I have seen code for Jet, and have tried to translate it over to ADODB, but with many problems. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks I don't know the code which is causing the problems with Jet but have you tried working with the 'match&#...

Reports created in Access 2003
When we upgraded to 2007 all the reports that had been created in 2003 were no longer on the toolbar at the top of the screen and I can't find them anywhere. Help. ...

Exchange server resending message
I have a SBS2003 server that uses a pop connector to pull over messages from an ISP. The server has been resending an incoming message that has over a thousand recipients! One of my users got an email from a Professional organization he is a member of. Every time he gets a copy of the message, the server starts sending out a flurry of these messages. I spoke to the organization and they informed me that there have been thousands of returned mail. I have checked the server for viruses but have found none. I have up to date versions Symantec Antivirus Server and Exchange Antivirus by Syma...