How do I change the elements displayed in the message list

How do I change the elements displayed in the message list.  For example, to
list "To" or "From"
0
woodhair (1)

edit the view - to change just one folder, click on the row of field names
and choose custom. To make all folders the same see
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"woodhair" <woodhair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I change the elements displayed in the message list.  For example,
> list "To" or "From"

0
outlookmvp (5838)

How can I change default setting in Office start-up?
I need to change the default setting on my Word, Excel and PPT programs (MS Office 2004) so when they open they aren't at, for example, Word 11.3.0, rather at Word 11.2.3. I mac OSX, a G5. When I do a control click on any of those programs, go to "get info" and then choose the 11.2.3 that I want to open with, it does it no problem. When I click "change all" it doesn't change the default -- the 11.3.0 is always the default despite that I'm trying to change all. How do I fix this? BTW this whole problem started when someone at the genius bar deleted one of the...

Cannot delete mail --Messaging interface error
When I try to delete mail, I get a "messaging interface has returned an unknown error" and can't delete. I know I can do a "shift-delete" and remove it permanently, but how can I just make it as it was, to use only the delete key and have it go into the deleted files folder? Using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP. Joe Morales ...

Converting grid data to side-by-side lists
Hello everyone, this has been driving me crazy so want to see if any of you have suggestions: I have a grid in an Excel worksheet formatted like this: Company A Company B Company C Service 1 X X Service 2 X X Service 3 X X I need to convert this data to a list that maps the Services to the Companies like this: Services Companies Service 1 Company A Service 1 Company C Service 2 Company A Service 2 ...

Prevent change to refs in second worksheet when drag cells in firs
I have a complex calendar in Excel. Each week, admins Ctrl-drag cells among different locations in the primary calendar worksheet. I have a second worksheet that needs to list those cell values in a fixed configuration, e.g. the value in Sheet1!A1 needs to always appear in the cell of Sheet2!G10. Sheet2!G10 contains the formula: “Sheet1!$A$1”. If the user drags Sheet1!A1 to Sheet1!A3, the formula in Sheet2!G10 gets automatically updated to “Sheet1!$A$3”. I have tried all combos of locking and protecting to prevent this updating. Is there a way to do this? Try referencing the other shee...

Entourage messages blank after installing SP2
Just installed Exchange Server 2003 SP2 and now when ever a user sends an email using Entourage on Mac OS X, the email appears blank in the Windows Outlook Client. That's not right (school of the blindingly obvious). Confirm IMAP4 is there correctly as a connector and for wierd problems like this I tend to favour an Exchange restart. "rotaiv" <rotaiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC31B792-7BB9-4205-A735-C966D8522B44@microsoft.com... > Just installed Exchange Server 2003 SP2 and now when ever a user sends an > email using Entourage on Mac OS X...

How i change headers in different sections Microsoft Publisher 20.
I am trying to make a school newspaper using the Microsoft Publisher 2007. Anad i heed to have different headers in different sections, i cannot do that. The newspaper is going to be about 32 pages. Are you using one of the templates? What template? What happens when you try to change the headers? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Vasso" <Vasso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0F7FA6B-21AB-4C28-A191-2B4742E63FCA@microsoft.com... >I am trying to make a school newspaper using the Mi...

Filtering is Automatically Marking messages as "Read"
I've defined a few rules in Outlook 2002 (i.e. XP) that automatically filter e-mail from various e-mail accounts to separate folders. The problem I'm experiencing is that Outlook is also marking these messages as "read," which means I have to manually troll the folders to look for new messages. I have verified that I do NOT have the "mark it as read" flag set in the rules wizard. Any ideas? ...

Change 2007 excel Autofilter back to 2003?
Does anyone know if there is a way to change excel's 2007 autofilter functionality back to like excel 2003 autoflilter use to work? I need to quickly bring up like values and compare other columns based upon the filtered values and the extra clicking of the check boxes is driving me nuts! If it helps any (and if you haven't thought about it yet), you can click the "(Select All)" entry twice to remove your current selections. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "jonnybrovo815" <jonnybrovo815@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36837406-1...

Cash Flow Display
Hi Cash Flow displays the original amount of the document particularly the Sales Documents. A partner would like to suggest to display instead the remaining amount in the document if it has been transferred to another document, for example, order to invoice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &q...

Paybale Batch pops up error message for all users
Unhandled script exception: Index 0 of array 'VerifyBatchTotals' is out of range in script 'Batch_Lookup_Scrolling_Window SCROLL_FILL'. Script terminated. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_OUT_OF_RANGE SCRIPT_CMD_INDEX and it pop up another error message: And it says the batch has been deleted and when we click again, it go back to normal view Please help Any body has resolution for that?????????? its very urgent please help Dear All, One of my client is getting following error when he click on lookup of batch in purchasing. Transaction>>>>Purchasing>>>&g...

My Exchange 5.5 is relaying encapsulated messages HELP!
My Exchange 5.5 server appears to be relaying encapsulated messages. On the "routing" tab of the IMC, I have it set to "re-route SMTP mail..." but on the "routing restrictions" button I have every single item UNCHECKED. Also, I have rebooted the server. I heard that you have to disable encapsulated relaying via the registry, but I can't seem to find the article on Microsoft's site. Can anyone help?? Uncehck re-route SMTP mail. If you have POP or IMAP users who need an SMTP IMC to relay mail, for their use install an IMC on a separate Exchagne 5.5 s...

Report Index Does Not List All Names
I am trying to create an index for a retiree listing that we have (1600+) however when I open my report to polulate the results for the TableOfContents table- the only names listed are the ones for the top of each page. Here is the module that I used from Microsoft. Any input would be appreciated. Option Explicit Dim db As DAO.Database Dim TocTable As DAO.Recordset Dim intPageCounter As Integer Function InitToc() 'Called from the OnOpen property of the report. 'Opens the database and the table for the report. Dim qd As DAO.QueryDef Set db = CurrentDb() 'Re...

User claims that messages are being marked as 'read' by someone else
A certain user is claiming that she goes home at 4:00PM. Then when she gets back to work next morning, messages that were supposed to be 'unopen' in her Outlook inbox (sent to her after 5:00PM) are not 'bold', I mean, messages are marked as 'read' already. Any thought about this ? Exch2000SP3, Out2002 "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote in news:eoaIMAH3EHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl: > A certain user is claiming that she goes home at 4:00PM. Then when she > gets back to work next morning, messages that were supposed to be > ...

Cant Change AutoCorrect List
I am using Office 2007 B2 TR, and I have found a problem with the AutoCorrect functionality. I removed some entries from the autocorrect list (the wingding smilies specifically), but it doesn't actually remove them. Every time I go back and write a new email, they are back. I have tried through the message options, through the general outlook options, and through the autocorrect smart-tag options. No matter how I try to get rid of those autocorrect entries, they keep coming back. Is there some magical way to get rid of them, or is this just a bug in the TR? Thanks in advance, - Art...

Change owner of a template in P12
Hi, is there any possibility to change the owner of a template? Usually project owners can be changed in the Project Center of Project Server 2007, but templates are not shown in the Center - or am I mistaken in that point? Background: A user created a template on the server and is thus the owner of the template. But we would like to change this owner to be another user. Thanks for your suggestions! The template owner, which has no meaning in the grand scheme of things, is always the person who saved the template to the server. If you want to change the owner, then dele...

How do you change the way email addresses are displayed? John Doe.
How do you change the way a recipent of an emails name is displayed in an email? I want to only show "John Doe" and not "John Doe (Email):<John Doe@xxx.com>" Displayed where and in what version of Outlook? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "dmoors" <dmoors@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:540E8B6B-2F78-4541-9116-3A79F4A5D52B@microsoft.com... > How do you change the way a recipent of an emails name is displayed in an > email? I want to only show "John Doe" and not "John Doe (Email):<John > Doe@xxx.com>&q...

Can you change the way quick parts and/or auto text displays?
Is there a way to change the look of the drop down menu for quick parts and auto text so it does not take up so much space? Something like it looked in 2003? Assuming that you have discovered the building block organizer - see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Buiild_Employ_Custom_BB_Gallery.htm Like 2003 it ain't! -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<&...

2 different types of data sets displayed on 1 graph
I have a district that I wish to show performance (sales)in the months from July to November and comapred this with 2004 and 2005. Now on top of this I want to display on the same graph a second variable say number of customers for each month and each year, in order to bring some greater relevance to the static bar graphs that I propose doing for the first part. So I have been assisted on this discussion group to have a bar graph that is set up with the months as rows and the 2004 and 2005 as columns for the sales data BUT how do I now display the second variable 'number of customer...

display textfile at server side..
In a client server system, the client's job is generating a random number and save it in a text file ( at the server side). Meanwhile, the server's job is display the text file when meet some condition at the client side. How can i code in the way that asking the server to show the text file ? And do i need to install any related software at the server side? Hope can get the solution soon cause my project is running out of time.. thanks p/s: i dont have any experience at client server system First of all, the scenario itself isn't complete. Does the server needs to send comple...

Automate task list export.
Any suggests for this problem: I want Outlook (2003) to automatically export my Tasks list to a text file (or html) everytime i shut outlook down. any ideas? cheers, -ciaron Unfortunately, you can't automate the Import/Export Wizard, or else this would be fairly straightforward. What you can do is pump some code into the Application_Quit event to export your Tasks. Call this procedure from there (make sure you have a reference to the Microsoft Scripting Runtime library set in the project): Sub ExportTasks() On Error Resume Next Dim objNS As Outlook.NameSpace Dim objTasks As...

Changing Slide Advnacing timing
Thanks for your attention. I have a PowerPoint presentation with more than 30 slides. Initially I set the slide advancing to AUTOMATICALLY AFTER 00:05 secs for each slide. Rest of the Slide Transition settings for each slide are different. Now I wish to reduce the timing to 00:03 secs without changing other setting. (clicking APPLY TO ALL SLIDES changes the Slide Transition settings in all slide to identical as the one I am working on). 1. Is there a way to do this easily without having to go to each slide individually? 2. If there is a way, can it be used to change ...

Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified f
HELP HELP SOS my outlook suddenly says ( Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. You do not have permission to log on.) when i hit outlook today. I restored my machine and nothing happen. im runnning an XP with Outlook 2002 and the machine is on a server ...

how to detect item selected from List Control?
Hi I'm trying to detect the index of the item selected from a list control when a user hits the up or down arrows from the keyboard. So I made a call to list.GetSelectionMark() in the List control's event LVN_KEYDOWN, however this always results in the call to GetSelectionMark returning the index of the item selected before the arrow key was hit any ideas of how to get the item selected after the arrow key has been hit, or a better event to detect a change in item selected? Thanks ahead of time. How about LVN_ITEMCHANGED notification message? Ali R. "Mark" <anonymou...

Doesn't display zeros
When you import or type the first left column a zeo (0) will skip that character for example 024 will display as 24 even though zero values in tools is checked ...

How would you print a list of all the email addresses?
Exchange 2003 on AD 2003 IBM server. Need to print out a list of all user email addresses. How is this done? Probably select the user container and choose columns from the view menu and pick email address. Then choose export list under the actions menu. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "aspirin" <aspirin2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:040701c47a77$e697a010$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Exchange 2003 on AD 2003 IBM server. Need to print out a > list of all user email addresses. How is this done? Thank y...