How do I change the "and" to "or" with multiple Rules (and Alerts)?

In Outlook you can configure rules in the "Rules and Alerts" Wizard by
checking various options such as "from people or distribution list",
"with specified words in the subject", etc. etc.  When you check 2 or
more of these , they are listed with "and" between each rule, but I
need them to be listed with "or", how can I change that?

--
bschimmel
0

you can't change it. Outlook only does AND between rules. You'll need to
make separate rules.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"bschimmel" <bschimmel.54730e8@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> In Outlook you can configure rules in the "Rules and Alerts" Wizard by
> checking various options such as "from people or distribution list",
> "with specified words in the subject", etc. etc.  When you check 2 or
> more of these , they are listed with "and" between each rule, but I
> need them to be listed with "or", how can I change that?
>

> --
> bschimmel

0
Diane

Help with macro or VB to Merge Multiple Columns Of Data Im getting RSI from all the copy and pasting!
I have an application that exports data as below ABSLIVE AGRDEVBACK AGRDEVWEB 26/06/06 1294 26/06/06 1436 26/06/06 399 26/06/06 1299 26/06/06 1439 26/06/06 399 27/06/06 1318 27/06/06 1452 27/06/06 404 This is a sample of six columns . The text in row 1 is in columns 2,4 & 6 The cells in row 1 in columns 1,3 & 6 are empty There are varying numbers columns and rows each time the application exports. All of the dates are consistent across each row I need to convert this to a structure that can be converted into an access database something like this ABSLIVE ...

Mail Forwading and multiple mail forwading
Hello All, I Have 20 employees ten here and ten in another state. For the ones here I have a domain and an exchange server. my problem is that all of my employees need to use the same domain in thier email adresses. so I would like to just forward any emails that are adressed to non domain users to thier internet domain adresses. For example: Al has a domain user account with Al@domxxx.com as his email address he gets his mail in his exchange mailbox. joe is not a domain user his email is joe@domxxx.com I need to forward that to his real internet mail address of joe@abc.com can I do this s...

use replace command to change the contents of formulas
Can the "edit replace" command be used to replace text contained within formula's. I have a worksheet with many many rows of formulas all of which are linked to another worksheet. All of the formula's look something like: =OFFSET(gl0910admin!$A$1,MATCH(4500411,gl0910admin!$A$2:$A$2000,0),7) I want use an edit replace to reporduce the entire set of formulas but change the worksheet source name. (the word admin would change to sales) Thank you. Yes you can -- _______________________ Naz, London "Jordan" wrote: > Can the "edit replace" comma...

multiple business cards on same page with logo and information ch.
looking for info on how to make myself some price cards, they are the same size as a business card with logos and information change. How can I have my publisher show me a full page of same business cards(multiple) that I just edit and change price and iten information? Thanks I have spent way to many hours trying to figure this one out. ...

Change Icon for XLT and resulting XLS
Hello, I have created an XLT which is used very frequently at my workplace. There are multiple files on our drive made using this template, and I need a way for them to differentiate themselves from other excel files. After many failed attempts to convince my coworkers to save their resulting spreadsheets using a simple naming convention, I come to this group. Is it possible, at all, for the spreadsheets that are created when the XLT is opened to have a unique icon (I have already created the icon)? I've read many posts here about changing the icons for individual workbooks, for excel...

If formula that looks at multiple cells and values, and then calul
I'm trying to put together a production spreadsheet for mechanical manufacturing that figures out a length of one piece of material based on other dimensions. It's for storm shutter parts and the cut dimensions need to be calculated from the field measures. There are many types of tracks available and the blade length is dependant upon the finish height, track type and structure. I need the formula to look at 5 different cells that may or may not have data for the top track and only use the data from the one that's filled out. Same for the bottom track for a total of 10 ...

Excel changing number formatting and source data in graphs on it's own!!!
Office costing me a lot of time. 2 problems: 1. excel, graphs loosing there formatting eg. going from "date" formatting to "4E+04" formatting. 2. this is a major problem... graphs are changing there own source data locations eg. from "data range" to "series" and if you click back to the data range tab it pops up with an error saying... ***Referance not valid. Referance must be to an open worksheet*** Doesn't make sense as it actually should be refering to information that's in the page thats open and I am working on. (Just in case this helps...

Jet engine and multiple processors
Does Access and in particular the Jet engine make use of multiple processors in any version of Office? If yes, does it know to distinguish between physical and logical processors? many thanks Rod As far as I'm aware, no version of Access has ever made use of multiple processors. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Rod" <rodrodrodrod@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ekytxQb1KHA.224@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does Access and in particular the Jet engine make use of multiple > ...

How do I use mail merge and change addresses for postcards?
I've set up a mail merge but my print preview shows the same name being printed on each postcard, rather than a different name on each postcard. How do I get it to print a different name on every postcard? Thanks! This is a bug. You can test print on plain paper if you are undecided. There is a check off for a test print on the print dialog page. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "brandybsporty" <brandybsporty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CDC0FF3-8C14-4F94-B894-B1CA23D22D25...

changing business unit and org name
is there a tool in MSCRM or third-party that can change the parent Business Unit and the Organization Name of an existing MSCRM 3.0? ...

On POS (not RMS) Instructions for Changing Noniventory Item, Price, Cost, and Volume
We drop ship noninventory items to customers, and when the price, cost, or capacity of an item changes, we want to change it so it is reflected accurately on invoices. However, when we attempt to change the cost, price, and description, a message pops up stating "The item description is already in use." Of course it's already in use, we just want to edit it. Nothing else has changed, same Item Number, same Department, same Category; we're just not permitted to edit it. I can't create a copy, because they would have the same Item Number (UPC) and POS doesn't permit...

Office 2003 rules and alerts button gives error
When I try to select rules and alerts in Outlook 2003 I get an error message that read "The operation failed". I would like to know how to fix this problem. This happened after I tried to import my .rwz file from outlook 2000. Any help is greatly appreciated. RLB Clear your rles by starting Outlook by; Start-> Run; "path to Outlook.exe" /cleanrules -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "RLB" <braggman@msn.co...

I changed one of the passwords for my email account, and...
Outlook keeps popping up a window asking me for the password. I changed it in the "Account Settings" menu, and I am able to send/receive mail from that account. Why am I continually bothered by this notification? Hard to say at this level of details. For common password issues and solutions see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/passwordnotremembered.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real ...

w2k3sp1 and owa password change
after applying the windows 2003 sp1 , owa 2003 password change cannot work correctly. changed password works in few minutes and old password still works.. thanks for helps... ...

Format changes to header and footer
Is it possible to apply a formatting change (i.e. indents & spacing) to the footers of ALL SECTIONS of a sectioned document at the same time, without screwing up the rest of the document? Doing it one section at a time is a bit tedious. I suppose I should have checked it when I started the document, but we know what they say about hindsight.... It can be done with the use of a macro such as: Dim i As Long, j As Long, k As Long With ActiveDocument For i = 1 To .Sections.Count For j = 1 To .Sections(i).Footers.Count With .Sections(i).Footers(j).Ra...

rules and the new mail indicator
There is a certain type of email I receive periodically, that I never read. (Specifically, I co-admin a mail list, and whenever some idiot spammer tries to post spam to the list, I get a notification.) What I would like is for receipt of these notices to be invisible, I don't want to see them in my inbox and I don't want the little envelope in the tray to show up, so I created a rule, and set it to: clear the Message Flag and delete it and mark it as read They do get deleted, but annoyingly, the envelope in the tray is shown. I added "mark it as read" hoping that...

Forward an email and change the subject
Hi, What I am wanting to do is forward an email if it is from a certain person but I need to change the subject of the message. I also want to remove the part telling me the original message summary. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this. Thanks Jon You mean automaticlly or by hand Also; what version of Outlook are you using and are you connected to an Exchange server? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jon" <jon@jonmalco.com> wrote in ...

WORD: Change default font, paragraph and line spacing
Running Windows 7 Pro with Office 2007 Enterprise. I need to change the default font to Tahoma; line spacing to single; with no paragraph space on normal style paragrah for new all documents. I have been doing this for years. Open Font Dialogue Box - set font size etc and clicked the dault button and OK. Easy as falling off a log. The same with line space and paragraph spacing setting - Open Paragraph Dialogue box - change settings and click default. This is not working on my Windows 7 HP Notebook. I then thought I would change the Normal Style and set it "For all docum...

SBS 2008 Alerting and Reporting
Hi all, In SBS 2003, I easily setup various log files to include with the daily Monitoring Reports I get emailed to me. In SBS 2008, I have not figured out how to do this. I figured out how to add additional event data/alerts from the event log (via the custom XML files) and I know I can pick/choose different 'sections' of the log to include/ not include (via 'Properties' of the reports). Does anyone know how I can attach log files to the Monitoring Reports? Thanks. Hilde I don't know that answer, but there are some resources here: http://www.code...

Changing all sheets to LANDSCAPE in workbook
I'm sure there's any easy way to do this and I'm just missing it - at least I hope there's a way... I have about a dozen different workbooks that each contain several dozen worksheets. The worksheets were originally formatted to print in Portrait. I'd like to change them to print in Landscape. Is there a way to automatically do this in Excel? In Page Setup, I can only change it to landscape one sheet at a time. Thanks! ...

Multiple OWAScratchPad and StoreEvents system folders
Hi all, I recently upgraded my exchange organization to Exchange 2003 from Exchange 2000. I did this by removing exchange on 2 main server and then completely rebuilding the server with Server 2003 and Exchange 2003. Now when I view the System folders under Public Folders that I have a LOT of copies of OWAScrachPad{GUID} and StoreEvent{GUID} folders and two copies of "schema-root" I also see some other folders there that do not appear to have any replicas anywhere (such as EFORMS REGISTRY, Events Root) It seems to me that this cannot be good, but I'm not sure how to pro...

WDDM(display)
hello, what I'm about to to is a developing WDDM driver to support external device such as USB monitor. So I started researching through debugging with R200 samples to understand display framework, and seems quite confusing. here's few questions. 1. as far as I understood, to support multimonitors, let's say we've got two monitors and to use another as extended monitor, WDDM display driver should build multiple present paths(here two paths, for example). So I suspected at first that display driver had to create and add present path for newly attached monitor with ...

How Protect chart source links but allow change font and colors etc?
Hi, I find that neither "Protect Worksheet for Contents" nor "Protect Worksheet for Contents" are suitable. I want to protect charts from changing source and delete and cut them. However, I also want to be free to change fonts and colors etc. How can I make this happend? Anybody already having done this and can share the code? Can I take some action with vba on sheet_change event somehowe? This are the options I find that doesn't give me this possibility: - Protect Worksheet for Contents This option prevents changes to the chart's formats. Chart elements may...

Access Report Headings annual change name and location
Greetings from Sydney Australia. I have been prowling the internet looking for information to solve a problem I have with Access. I do have a background in dBase and have used it extensively. My wife is a member of Inner Wheel, a volunteer womens organisation and they have an annual conference every year. They have been given a management program using Access 2003. I have run the program under Access 2007 and it behaves quite differently, I suspect, due to additional security facilities. As all their other programs are integrated on their laptop they would prefer to persist with Office...

Vendor and address change from all caps
My vendor name and addresses were set up using all caps. Is there a way to upload the names and addresses with the correct punctiation? I exported the info into excel and corrected it. -- Rodger You can do this via Integration Manager if you have it or via SQL script if you have a SQL guru available. The best way though is with Integration Manager. Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP NOVA Solutions LLC Melbourne, FL ...