How do I cancel a read receipt???

I received an email from someone with a read receipt
notification set. The problem is Outlook 2003 is
attempting to send the read receipt via an smtp account
that I have no access to at my location. How can I stop
the read receipt from being sent as it isn't in
the "outbox" and nothing happens after I delete the
original email?
0
anonymous (74722)

http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/delete_rr.htm
--
Brian Tillman
0

0
anonymous (74722)

Reading with class XmlTextReader
It is possible to go directly for one definitive Node without having that to make one while using the XmlTextReader classroom? If possible, please give me an example. Thank's Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- http://www.usenet.com ...

reading exchange log files
can someone point me in the right direction as to where i can find documentation on ms exchange 2003 log files? i'm importing this file into sql server for use in an email tracking application and i need to know how to correctly parse the data from the log files. specifically, my application needs to query all sent and received messages for a particular user/email address. tia, jt Which log files are you referring to? SMTP? Message Tracking logs? Or... Transaction logs. Both of the former are text logs with header fields that tell you what they are. The later should not be t...

Show cells have been read
I have several (10 different companies) workbooks reading (linked through "SUM") a sales forcast from another workbook called SALES. I have highlighted the linked cells in the 10 individual workbooks to show which cells are linked and update automatically. BUT... now I need to see which cells in the SALES workbook have not been read into the individual ones so I can check which cells have not been read yet. How would I go about differenciating between cells that have or have not been read? Is there a conditional format or a formula that would work? Thanks in advance for any h...

40 Col Receipt Format
I would like to create a receipt format which places the item code on a line, then drops a line and print the item description (my shop's item descriptions are quiote long). Can anybody help and also point me to where I can learn more about changing the receipt formats in more advanced ways such as add additional comment lines etc? hi, Go to receipt.xml and find the "Transaction Detail" block there you can replace the whole block with following (then attached in so manager again the receipt format) this sometime require as it will not apply automatically the change one.: ...

Read-Only check box
Hello, All! How to create the CFileDialog with the Read-Only check have been set? WMP is now playing: Scorpions - Restless Nights ....Don't give in without a fight... With best regards, William Mahoney. Try CFileDialog dlg(TRUE, NULL, NULL, 0); dlg.DoModal(); -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "William Mahoney" <wilmahoney@mail333.com> wrote in message news:%23QXtw1ykDHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, All! > > How to create the CFileDialog with the Read-Only check have been set? > &...

How to check if user really sending email with read receipt request?
Hi there, Exchange2003sp1 running on w2k3 server (no sp1) with BE & FE config. All clients are outlook2003sp1 in cache mode. A few users said after they sent emails, there's no read receipt returned. However the recipents said they already read the emails. From sender's outlook client option, it said "always request read receipt". From server side, how can I check if the sender really requesting read receipt? MAny thanks! I'm not sure that you can and it really is irrelevant as a user can choose not to send a read receipt so they really aren't relia...

Wen Services Uninstall failure
I get this error when I try and uninstall \ Repair WEb Serviices: Failed to read IIsWebs table (-2147023728).. Any ideas please? -- Thanks guys:) Neillin It seems your IIS metabase database (metabase.bin) is corrupted or you may not have enough priviledges to uninstall. If your metabase is corrupted, there is not much you can do without a backup. However, try the following: 1) Open the command line window and type in NET STOP IISADMIN /Y and execute. 2) Then go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components. Next time post in the Windows Community grou...

Reading xlsx using fso -logic..
I am reading an excel spreadsheet that has data starting from line 3 and store it in Access 2007 database. It has coulmn names but they are not relavant so I want to skip them and assign a different name. There are around 250 columns so I am just trying to read a few columns to test my code. I don't wan to use transferdb as there are format issues. Ex: Age has 6 mo. as well numeric data so 6mo coming out missing. My temp_str shows all junk character any idea? Private Sub readxl() Dim fso As New FileSystemObject Dim Tst As TextStream Dim strline As String Dim...

Read / Write to USB samples?
Can anyone point me to sample code for reading and writing to a generic USB device. Code that shows how to read from a scanner or thumb drive would be really great. I need to read and write data to a GPS device that has a USB interface. It sure would be nice to start with some same code. ...

can't open .ppt file in 07 -- error reads text converter not insta
When trying to open an old powerpoint, I get an error that reads "cannot open outline, text converter not installed for this file type." Since this is a ..ppt file, I am not sure what that means. Your PPT file might be too old (95) You should try to open it before with PPT 2003 "B Ennis" <B Ennis@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 216754A8-C964-4574-8048-5C70BCBDC526@microsoft.com... > When trying to open an old powerpoint, I get an error that reads "cannot > open > outline, text converter not installed for this fi...

macro to open file in read only
Can you create a macro to open other workbooks in read only mode. This way even is the file is being modifed by someone else it will allways open with the macro? Hi try something along the lines of: Workbooks.Open filename:="c:\temp\book.XLS", radonly:=True -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dennis Schuessler wrote: > Can you create a macro to open other workbooks in read > only mode. This way even is the file is being modifed by > someone else it will allways open with the macro? radonly:=True should be: readonly:=True (just in case!) Frank Kabel wrote: ...

Manufacturing Order Receipt Interrupt
Our Terminal server crashed during a MO receipt, now we appear to have a MO receipt hung up. The MO still shows the original qty, and the MO activity window does not show the MO receipt, and inventory did not update. However it tells us the Assembly serial number has been used and it looks like our WIP has been consumed. How to I fix this? Is there a MO reconcile or something? thanks -- Doug Doug, I guess you could use the steps that are applicable from KB article 852725. Please let me know your findings. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Busines...

Delivery receipts do go to Synchronization failure folder
I'm using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003. The mailusers in 1 of the stores on the Exchange server do have problems with delivery receipts. The do stay in the queue Local delivery or they end in the Server failures folder of Outlook 2003. I've checked the store several times, but I can't find out why only users in this store do have the problem and others not. Does anyone know how to solve this? ...

not read message
after 2 years a deleted without being read is being delivered daily to one of my users. We are Native Exchange 2000 using Outlook 2000. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Read error with Free/Busy Data
I have a W2K system with Outlook 2000. When I try to schedule a meeting with someone I get the following error: 'An error occurred reading internet free/busy data.' The users name shows in the error message and when I go to the server I see the user's .vfb file. It works on other PC's. Any idea's. Thanks I would suggest checking the users free/busy information to ensure it is being published: Go to tools-options, the preferences tab and click on calendar options; then at the bottom of the window that opens click on free/busy options; now make sure there is a numb...

Message in Inbox wont unbold even after read/opened
Greetings, One message in my inbox will not unbold in the folder view even after I have opened it. This is the only message doing this. Outlook 2002 XP Any ideas? Does the folder still see it as unread as well? (number in blue behind the folder). Does a Right click-> Mark as Unread work? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kurt Harless" <kharless@qwest.net> wrote in message news:MDqNd.2$AW2.1675@news.uswest.net... > Greeti...

Reading CSV into variables
Hello I am trying to get data from a csv file and store it directly int variables rather than first importing the csv file into excel. for example consider that my CSV file has 2 rows: "Input 1", "Input 2" "Input 3", "Input 4" So far I have come up with the following code: Sub test() Const ForReading = 1, ForWriting = 2, ForAppending = 8 Set MyFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set TextFile = MyFSO.OpenTextFile(ThisWorkbook.Path + "\MyFile.csv" ForReading) MyLine = TextFile.readline TextFile.Close End Sub Usi...

hiding read messages in newsgtoups?
Is there a setting to hide read messages in WLM newsgroups? Bob Using WLMail to read newsgroups, yes. On the Menu Bar: View | Show Or Hide........ Are you missing the Menu Bar? Click on the Menus button to the left of the Help button and enable the Menu Bar. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Bolb Fay" <rgfay@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:eIMvtEipKHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a setting to hide read messages in WLM newsgroups? > > Bob Thanks Bruce. I could not see the bar. ...

Read Messages show as Unread #2
Hi All, A minor problem I hope. SBS 2003/Win XP SP2/Outlook 2003 with Lookout and SpamBayes installed. My problem is that some (perhaps one in ten) of my messages are not being marked as Read even if I use the Ctrl+Q key combination. I have tried all methods of marking them as read but they will only do so if I close Outlook and open it again. This only occurs in the Inbox. Has anybody seen this before? -- John Harris (Harry) Computer Troubleshooters - Hornby Christchurch New Zealand John Harris <johnh@antispam.comptroub.co.nz> wrote: > My problem is that some (perhap...

how do i save a publisher file as read only so no one can change
need to save a publisher file as read only so others cannot alter the text. read only option is blurred out under properties. need to send this in tongiht........HELP Hi- If you have a PDF program - save a copy as a PDF and send that. or... Open a new Publisher file with the same size page as your original and with as many pages as your original. In your original file, Select All>Copy a page (or pair of facing pages.). In the new file, Paste SPECIAL> as PICTURE onto the new page. You will have to do this procedure for each page (or facing pair.) (DO NOT get rid of...

Unable to read File #4
I have one particular file in Excel 97 which I open and update daily (stock market stuff) and each day I copy the days entries and paste it below for the next day. Been doing this for years with no hitch until a couple of months ago then one day I tried to open the file and got a notice "Unable to Read File". Tried everything I knew (which is not much) with no luck. Fortunately I had the file saved to a flash drive and was able to open it there and "Save As" back to by hard drive. It worked fine for a while, then last week it happened again, but I didn't bother to ret...

Gift Receipt for RMS
Hello community, We are a Microsoft Dynamics RMS Partner and have been getting numerous requests for a better Gift Receipt solution to what is natively found in RMS. To fill this need we have developed a Gift Receipt module that allows the retailer to simply choose which items they want printed for a customer gift receipt. It's easy to use and easy to install and we also have documentation about installing this for those who want it. If anyone is interested in more information regarding this add-on please contact Tyler Cumberford (tcumberford@factor1.com) and I can ...

Outlook cannot read the registry information
I'm getting this message on one of my user's Outlook when attempting to add a folder to any of the default folders within Outlook: Outlook cannot read the resgistry information - Close and restart Outlook - Reinstall Outlook - Reinstall Microsoft Exchange or other email system. Has anyone come across this? User has local admin rights. Running Outlook 2003 of Exchange 2003. In Exchanged cached mode via VPN, but should that matter? Did you try a detect and repair on Outlook? "mikesic" <michaelsic@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1161103396.427959.270660@k70g2000c...

XmlSerializer not reading some attributes with redundant explicit namespace
Hello all, I'm trying to use annotation-based automatic XML serialization of my ..NET-classes in order to exchange XML with other platforms. So far my class looks like this: [XmlRoot(ElementName="thing", Namespace="http://eins")] public class ExampleXmlSerializable { [XmlAttribute(AttributeName = "price", Namespace = "http://eins")] public string Price { get; set; } } As you can see, the attribute 'price' is in the 'http://eins' namespace. However, when I feed the following XML into the XmlSerializer: <ns0:thing ns0:p...

Return Receipt #2
How do I turn on the request receipt in Outlook so that it covers all outgoing messages? Tim, in Outlook 2000 (other versions probably the same or similar), Tools > Options > Preferences > E-mail options > Tracking options. Check Request a read receipt for all messages I send and/or Request a delivery receipt for all messages I send. OK, OK, OK. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "Tim" <safarinights@aol.com> wrote in message news:%23noRfajTEHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How do I turn on the re...