How do I block someone from sending me e-mail?

There is someone that keep sending me e-mail and I want to block them in
Outlook, please help.
0
Stargolf (2)

Create a rule to delete the messages as they arrive. tools, rules wizard.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Stargolf" <Stargolf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There is someone that keep sending me e-mail and I want to block them in
> Outlook, please help.

0
dianenws (1904)
11/18/2004 12:20:41 AM
Thanks for your help.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Create a rule to delete the messages as they arrive. tools, rules wizard.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "Stargolf" <Stargolf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > There is someone that keep sending me e-mail and I want to block them in
> > Outlook, please help.

0
Stargolf (2)
11/18/2004 5:01:01 AM
Stargolf <Stargolf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> There is someone that keep sending me e-mail and I want to block them
> in Outlook, please help.

And if not a rule, put their address in the Block Senders (or Junk Senders,
depeneding on Outlook version) list.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Password protect send button
Work in an environment similar to the CarreerBuilder commercial with the monkeys. Everyone thinks it's sooooooooooooooooooo funny to send Outlook emails from my computer when I'm not at my computer. Is there a way to in VBA to require a password before emails are sent ? Why can't you lock your PC when you're away from it? That's what I would advise. Leaving it unlocked invites just such activity as you've described and rightly so. You are ultimately responsible for all emails sent and received at work, if you leave Outlook unsecured how is it you would prove tha...

Strip/Modify Mail headers (not telnet banner)?
Hi all, Is there anyway to strip or modify the headers (not banner seen when telnetting) that are sent in an email via Exchange Server? As you all know, information (possibly about the internal network) is disclosed with every email generated as is displayed in the headers (Exchange Server Name, IP Address, Version). These headers can be used as a recon activity by "baddies". If this can't be done in Exchange, can someone please recommend a thrid party solution that would allow us to modify these headers? Thanks! In my opinion, only the paranoid need be worried about such ...

outlook blocked access to potentially unsafe item, archive .pst
Tried to open archive in outlook 2003 said file was enormous. "Egro" <Egro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8BC04C1-B005-43CF-ABA5-9C171EA74B9F@microsoft.com... > Tried to open archive in outlook 2003 said file was enormous. As far as I can tell, there is no error message in Outlook 2003 that states a file "is enormous". You should zip a PST before sending or rename it to, say, ".psx" or ".ps_" before you send it. The recipient can undo the steps you took to send it. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

save e-mail on server
Everytime I sign on to check my e-mail I have discovered the "advanced" setting to save my e-mail for 60 days on the server is turned off. How do I get this setting to permanently stay activated? Hard to say without any configuration details and what exactly you did where. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Irish Travelor" <Irish Travelor@discussions.microsoft.com>...

e-mail 04-23-06
as soon as I install Outlook part of CRM 3 all my e-mail from inbox disapear. where is I can find it? ...

Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachment blah.url
How do I lower security settings in order to receive all attachments?? What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Googy <googy55@pacbell.net> asked: | How do I lower security settings in order to receive all attachments?? Me to. I have Outlook XP and getting quit tired of not being able to get need attachments. I hope somebody has the answer. OL 2000 SP-3 Corproate/Workgroup with security update Thanks GG "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

OWA 2003 Blocking HTM Attachments
I would like to be able to open htm attachments via OWA 2003, I have tried following the instructions for registry key settings and the disableattachments setting but still can't download\open them even when i have it set to 0 which should allow all attachments to be opened. Has anyone else had this problem or resolved it? Thanks Jeff Have you restarted the Exchange Services since making this change? Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >I would like to be able to open htm attachments via OWA 2003, I have tried >following the instruct...

Saving copy of e-mail on server
How do I stop saving copies of all my e-mails to my server. It's gettoing jammed. Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >How do I stop saving copies of all my e-mails to my >server. It's gettoing jammed. Thanks! >. > What kind of a server do you use? POP3, Hotmail, MSN, or IMAP? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cent...

how to send a e-mail with a annex automaticly
dear all, how to send a e-mail automaticlly, and the e-mail is just like the following: 1. the e-mail be with a annex. which is done from the other systerm, the annex is PDF 2. different e-mail has different subject. 3. every e-mail has a normal main body. please help to answer above question. thank you and best regards. yini For creating an email see the CreateItem function. You can set its Subject property, add recipients to its Recipients collection, and add attachments to its Attachments collection. You can find each mentioned property in the VBA help file with...

multiple mail accounts/default and others
I have two mail accounts set up in my OL98/WinXP. I receive mail from both accounts but normally only send mail from my primary account which is also set as my default. But occassionally I will get mail on the secondary account (which is primarily an incoming mail only) that I want to reply to. But I find that when I reply to that incoming mail and then send/receive using that secondary (non-defualt) account the mail is not sent and remains in my outbox. But I've also tried to forward that message (rather than reply) and insert the reply to address in the to: field and use my primary (defa...

Re: this accidental unwanted mail 03-28-09
"agonis shala" <agonis@fahrwangen.ch> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:... > > "agonis shala" <agonis@fahrwangen.ch> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:... >> >> "::1" <cookie:default@routerlogin.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag >> news:OlhbUo3fJHA.5540@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >>> >>> "Joe Mc" <mcrdl76@netscape.net> wrote in message >>> news:unTpd3dfJHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >>>> Ok >>>> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_gmail.com> wrote ...

Users of Apple Mail getting meeting requests as web links.
Apple Mail users of my Exchange server get invites as web links to the Exchange Web Access interface instead of .ics files. Can anyone point me to what setting I need to change in Exchange to make them be .ics files again? --Sterling Anderson ...

Sending E-Mail through CRM Web
Hi, I have CRM 3.0 installed on one server, Exchange on another. During setup, I specified my SMTP server as the Exchange server. When I attempt to send an email I get an Invalid Association Error. I set the config file to show more details on the error and all I'm getting is "System.Web.Service.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request." The source error shows an unhandled exception, and the stack doesn't provide much help either. I found a KB article referencing this error that listed the cause as port 25 being blocked by antivirus software....

How do I get certificates to use to send from email addresses???
Everything seemed to go well in setting up email addresses in outlook. They tested fine and I have no problem receiving messages in outlook. The problem comes when I try to send messages .... and I've tried sending from outlook using each and every email address I've set up. This is the message I get: "Microsoft Outlook could not sign or encrypt this message because you have no certificates which can be used to send from the email address mpenza17@verizon.com." I've tried going to sites and downloading certificates. They don't seem to appear in outlook??? A...

Unable to change Send From account in OL2K
I have just changed my Outlook 2k configuartion due to obtaining an account on an exchange server. I have numerous account sand in the past was able to determin ewhich account an email was sent from at the time I send it. I now cannot see any optoin to do that on the send button. Any help on this? Thanks "Mike Cook" <mpcook@earthnet.net> wrote in message news:1095987186.FbLWXD1ashS92/6OQ/EwnA@teranews... > I have just changed my Outlook 2k configuartion due to obtaining an account > on an exchange server. I have numerous account sand in the past was able to > d...

windows live mail closes when I try to add more stationary
Please help I have downloaded new stationary for my Windows Live Mail. I have unzipped it and it shows in my stationary folder But when I double click it to actually use it in a new mail. It closes down my e-mail program. Can anyone help. Thanks in advance. What is your operating system? Which edition? And is it 32-bit or 64-bit? Have you tried compatibility mode? Which version of wlmail.exe are you using? "Sharon " <gwen6039@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:#lk4sJvzKHA.4384@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Please help > I have downloaded new stationary for my Wi...

mail merge trouble....
I have created a publication in Publisher (8 page booklet with fold and staple). I want to print it with the addresses (imported from excel) already on it instead of using seperate labels. How do I do this and have it duplicate my document with different addresses instead of add pages to my existing publication? My publication is now 1275 pages long... thanks for any help you can offer. You need to use one text box, insert the fields in that text box and merge. Create a mail merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052584251033.aspx Troubleshoot mail merge in Publisher ...

mail merge #17
Can I get a hard copy list of the mail merge recipients that are check boxed in Publisher? Is this a list you created within Publisher? Look in "My Documents", "My Data Sources." This is where Publisher stores the data. The list will be in an Access format, but you should be able to open it in Excel as well as Works. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "205 education" <205 education@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FD5EE68-8AA7-4905-B3C5-C21551AF62F6@microsoft.com.....

Font size for incoming e-mails
Someone was taking a look at my computer...adjusting a few things and somehow my font was changed on my incoming e- mails...the font is very tiny and I can't seem to get it changed back to a normal size. Please HELP! >-----Original Message----- >Someone was taking a look at my computer...adjusting a few >things and somehow my font was changed on my incoming e- >mails...the font is very tiny and I can't seem to get it >changed back to a normal size. > >Please HELP! >. > you can go to view and then click current view and then click customize view and ...

Repetitive Large Outbound E-mail Messages
With e-mail messages inc. attachments of >700KB, the messages stay in the outbox despite being sent multiple times. Error message (0x8004210B) indicates "operation timed out waiting for response from sending (SMTP) server. McAfee Anti-virus in use with the outbound WormStopper disabled. Have waited on hold nearly an hour and can't talk to customer service rep. Can anyone help? Could you try it again with the virusscanner (integration) disabled? Just to determine whether McAfee or Outlook is your issue. Don't forget to enable your virusscanner again! -- Roady [MVP] ww...

Cant send mail to Yahoo
Hello, I am running exchange 2003 with SP1 on a Windows 2003 server. I am having a problem sending emails to yahoo. this is the only domain I have problems with. The emails just sit in the que until they finally time out after 48 hours. We can recieve emails from Yahoo, but can not send. Any ideas? Sure its not them? Periodic issues with yahoo, hotmail and msn isnt too uncommon. On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:29:13 -0800, "James M" <JamesM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I am running exchange 2003 with SP1 on a Windows 2003 server. I am having a >pro...

How would I hire someone to help w Outlook issues remotely?
I have a lot of little bugs with Outlook 2007 and Windows XP and do not seem to be able to find help. I have asked questions multiple times on this forum with no help. Is there a way an individual can hire another individual to come on my computer remotely and help with my little issues? ...or should I just call someone like geek squad to send someone over? please copy my email as I never seem to find responses on this forum and when I login it says I have no responses. (I have also checked notify of replies) Kevin grold@aol.com Your questions in this group, in Januar...

Send HTML e-mails through a rule
Hi group, There is a way to send html e-mails with a rule? At this time we have a rule and it send an e-mail when a we create a new case, but it is only in text mode Thanks! ...

i want to mail merge 1 address per postcard 4 to a page,
I have postcards preprinted on one side. I have made a publication using mail merge to add addresses. But I have 4 postcards on a page when I do the mail merge I am getting 4 postcards with the same address. How do I get one address per card but do 4 to a page? What version Publisher? In some earlier versions the print preview showed all the addresses the same, it was/is a Publisher bug. In Publisher 2007, once you have your postcard created --- File, print merge, on this screen, select multiple copies per sheet and landscape. There is a print preview on this screen. -- Mary Sauer ...

chime when Outlook gets mail
Is there a way up change the sound? I'm on Outlook 2000 SP-3 9.0 with an XP machine and the sound is so subtle that I miss it sometimes. When i was on 98, it was a fairly clear two-pitch tone. ...