How do I block messages from one particular e-mail adress?

I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to
block those messages?

yes. right click an email from them, Junk mail, add to junk senders list

--

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

www.judygleeson.com
www.deskdoctors.com

Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing
Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website.
"Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to
> block those messages?

0
Judy
11/19/2009 9:04:04 AM
Add the address to the blocked senders list - right click on the message and
choose Junk Email, Add sender to blocked senders list.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to
> block those messages?

0
Diane
11/19/2009 2:25:38 PM
Marco wrote:

> I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to
> block those messages?

Is this for spam e-mail or for e-mails from the same known sender?
Blacklists of e-mail addresses are ineffective against spam since
spammers lie about their e-mail address and change it everytime they
spew their garbage.
0
VanguardLH
11/19/2009 8:23:29 PM
I have added a sender that doesn’t change the email address to my blocked
senders, they still end up in the Junk Mail Box. I have created a rule that
say if the message is from yyy.com, delete the message. That didn't work
either as it still appears in the Junk Mailbox. I don't want them in my junk
mail, I don't want them show up anywhere. It would be nice to be able to
delete them automatically.
Tom

> Add the address to the blocked senders list - right click on the message
> and choose Junk Email, Add sender to blocked senders list.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>

> "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to
>> block those messages?

0
Tom
11/20/2009 7:22:56 AM
"Tom from WI" <not_real@noname-isp.us> wrote in message

>I have added a sender that doesn’t change the email address to my blocked
>senders, they still end up in the Junk Mail Box. I have created a rule that
>say if the message is from yyy.com, delete the message. That didn't work
>either as it still appears in the Junk Mailbox. I don't want them in my junk
>mail, I don't want them show up anywhere. It would be nice to be able to
>delete them automatically.

The Junk E-mail filter runs before the Rules engine, so anything tagged as
Junk E-mail by the filter will be moved prior to rules running.  Have you
tried adding the address to the Safe Sender list so that the Junk E-mail
filter will ignore it, then adding a rule to delete anything from that
address?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
11/20/2009 4:09:11 PM
Blocked senders go to junk email folder; the junk rules run before rules
wizard - so the behavior you see is correct. If you remove the name from the
blocked list and the junk filter doesn't pick it up as junk, the rule will
work. It might also work if you put the sender on the safe list and use the
rule.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Tom from WI" <not_real@noname-isp.us> wrote in message
> I have added a sender that doesn’t change the email address to my blocked
> senders, they still end up in the Junk Mail Box. I have created a rule
> that say if the message is from yyy.com, delete the message. That didn't
> work either as it still appears in the Junk Mailbox. I don't want them in
> my junk mail, I don't want them show up anywhere. It would be nice to be
> able to delete them automatically.
> Tom
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Add the address to the blocked senders list - right click on the message
>> and choose Junk Email, Add sender to blocked senders list.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>>

>> "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible
>>> block those messages?

0
Diane

Isinteg Warning Message Question

Wrong message with cascading deletes
A2003: Table Person linked 1 X M to table Activity. The relationship has its Referential Integrity checkbox and the Cascade Delete checkbox both checked. When I delete a person all related Activity records are deleted which is to be expected. According to http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=26115&seqNum=5 I should get the following message in this case: "Relationships that specify cascading deletes are about to cause 1 record(s) in this table and in related tables to be deleted. Are you sure you want to delete these records?" In stead I get: &quo...

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

OWA jumping mouse

Messages Cut off
A recipient receives forwarded mail messages that are cut off in random locations throughout the email. Outlook 2000 with latest SP. Any ideas? ...

Interface not registered message

Outlook Hangs Reading Messages

Setting up a new e-mail account

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Duplicate Messages

Forwarded messages are not being sent

Ctrl+D not working on outlook messages

Duplicate E-Mail #4

Disable Scanmail & Typical VM Largest Block Size
This is how to disable Mailscan as per Trend Support. Stop all Scanmail services and unregister the event sink. To unregister SMTP event sinks: 1. Open the command prompt. 2. For SMEX 7.0, go to the ..\Program Files\Trend\SMEX folder 3. Run the toolSmtpEventSink.exe /unreg command. After doing this the VM Largest Block Size does not decrease below 70 meg. But 70 meg seems low to me. Is 70 meg typical? -- Brett ...