How do I avoid this problem with rule?

I have a rule that looks for "hot" in the subject and moves that message to
a spam folder.  The problem is that if photo is in the subject, the rule
sees "hot" in the word photo and moves the message.  How can I tell the rule
to look for complete words?

Thanks,
Brett

0
myaccount1 (20)

Depending on the version of Outlook, you may be able to use the Exception
rule.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Brett <myaccount@cygen.com> asked:

| I have a rule that looks for "hot" in the subject and moves that
| message to a spam folder.  The problem is that if photo is in the
| subject, the rule sees "hot" in the word photo and moves the message.
| How can I tell the rule to look for complete words?
|
| Thanks,
| Brett

0
MillyS1 (1480)

Outlook 2003 & Hyperlinks Problem
Windows XP Pro Outlook 2003 When clicking on a hyperlink in an email message, IE6 opens two duplicate windows opening the same exact web link. Any solution or suggestions for this? I've read the numerous posts about hyperlinks and Outlook and have performed all suggested solutions, but haven't found any messages or solutions for this particular case. Most of the posts about hyperlinks and email have been that IE opens a window and remains blank or IE opens a window with the incorrect web address. Please help. ...

Money 4.0 Financial History Download Problem
I have attempted to download transactions (.qfx) into an investment account. The download is reported successful, and it is reported, "transaction to read ..." indicating that there are transaction, but I can no read them. Any suggestions? ...

Photo email problem in non-beta version
The last time I successfully tested the photo email option in the current WLM (not the beta) was June 10th. A question about it recently came up in the Windows 7 Forums that points out it may now be broken. So I tested it again and indeed verified it is broken. At least for the both of us: http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/99858-sending-pictures.html . So it must have broken sometime after June 10th. I updated to the latest non-beta version (14.0.8117.0416) on June 20th so that may be the problem. Can anyone with the latest non-beta version let us know if you have the same...

Delegate Access Problems
Recently one of our Exchange 5.5 servers failed and all mailboxes have had to be restored from backups. Since then I have had some problems with certain mailboxes. Now when I click on the delegate access tab it says "The Delegates page is not available. Unable to access Outlook folder". I do not understand this as the mailbox is open and functional. Can anyone offer any advice on how to resolve this issue? Thanks Richard ...

NotInList Error Problem
I have a combo box bound to a lookup table. It contains 3 columns. The first column is an ID column and is zero width. I have used the Not In List event to add values many times before without a problem, but for some reason I still get the "text you entered is not in the list" error, even when a value has been successfully added and can be seen in the list. I just can't see why this is happening. Private Sub cboiStockID_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer) Dim intAnswer As Integer NewData = UpperCase(NewData) intAnswer = MsgBox("Add " &...

Colour Palette Problem #2
On my Colour Palette, the red option turns to grey. When I hover over where the red colour should be with my mouse, it says that it should be red, but its grey. This happens occassionally, but will stay in the incorrect format until I reboot. I use a lot of excel documents throughout the day and often these have come from outside sources. My assumption is that within one of the workbooks I use, there must be some VBA code that changes the Colour Palette. Has anyone else suffered the same problem? Is my assumption as valid one? Can anybody advise me on this problem? Many Thanks, Simon ...

problems with importing from outlook express and editing
I am trying to import my message stores from OE to WLM. I followed the instructions posted in "Re: OE to Windows Live" I have the message stores on the desktop. When I follow the import command, all it does is create a set of folders within Storage Folders section, but no files are brought in. Can you help me? Also within WLM when trying to edit an email prior to forwarding, I can no longer edit the source HTML code. How do I do that? Richard Is there a plus sign in front of the 'Imported' folders under Storage = folders? Make sure you have fully exp...

FYI -Creting server based outo reply rule in outlook
For those of you who wonder why you get permission error while creating server based auto reply, in outlook may also be because of Novell Client on the computer, which controls "Active Authenticator" Removing novell client, or disabling "Active Authentication" on novell client is the way to get around the problem. (or having the user domain admin priviledge surpasses the problem) MC ...

Problem with printing continuous feed checks
Does anyone have experience with printing continuous feed checks? When the last check prints it printer does not "line feed" sufficiently for me to tear off the last check. I have been using Parsons Moneycounts for 13 years and it works flawlessly. The only problem is that, since it was invented pre-internet, it cannot download data from financial institutions. I figured I would move on the Money (or Quicken) to make use of the latest technology, but if I can't tear off my last check I'm not sure I like the trade off. Moneycounts has enough "line feeds" at the ...

MS Groove problem
Hi all, my computer crashed and i had to install a new hard drive. I've reinstalled Groove but had to create a new "participant" user account. It now shows my old account(manager) as Offline and asks me to verify the name conflict. I'm using Groove over shared computers vs an enterprise. How do i get access or reinstate my original user account as manager? Guessing once i do, i would need to close the newly created user account. Thanks for the Help!!! ...

CInternetSession::GetCookie problem?
Hi, Am I using CInternetSession::GetCookie incorrectly? I set three cookies using web-side scripts. The three cookies are: n1=d1 n2=d2 n3=d3 The problem occurs when I call CInternetSession::GetCookie in my vc++ 6.0 program on my Windows 98 second edition pc. For example (The session has already been created): LPCSTR pstrUrl = "http://www.company.com/"; LPCTSTR pstrCookieName = "n2"; CString TheData; BOOL bReturn = TheSession.GetCookie (pstrUrl, pstrCookieName, TheData); The Watch window shows that the following (without the quotes) is placed in TheData: "n1=d...

Outlook 2000 attachment problems Windows XP/2003
Hi, I have been having this problem with outlook 2000 that I have searched all over the place for but can't find an answer, hope anyone can help me. Firstly, I have installed outlook 2000 on both Windows 2000 ,Windows XP and Windows 2003 with the SR-1 patch all security updates and SP3. When I VPN into the office and retreive email from Exchange 5.5 (therefore I am in corporate and workgroup mode), in Windows 2000 the message body is downloaded first and displayed on the preview pane without the need to download the attachments (if any exists). In Windows XP/2000 however both the ...

Rule that triggers on special messageclass
Hi. Outlook 2002/Outlook2003 Is there any way to create a rule that triggers when a mail of a special messageclass arrives in your mailbox. I am trying to create a rule that triggers when I get a message from the System Administrator as when I have tried to send to a non existing domain or when I get an NDR as when I have tried to address a non existing mailbox. /Mariah ...

Exchange or ISA problem?
I installed a new ISA 2004 server and every thing appears to be working except for my mail. I am using exchage 2003 and when I send to external email addresses I get the following : xxxxxxx on 11/5/2006 3:26 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <sever #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <jo7@msn.com>... Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged [the ip address of my external network]> Hi, I would guess that this is a DNS problem. Your MX record does not have the same IP address as the external IP address of your...

Connection Problem
Windows 2003 - SQL Server 2000 SP4. We are having pporadic connection problems from MTS server to SQL Server and trying to trouble shoot the problem. Sometime, the application shuts down on the client side or kicks them out of the application due to this. How can I capture the login failures from the SQL Server ? Would Profiler can help ? If so, what parameters I need to choose ? We will also turn on the Auditing on the SQL Server but what is the best way to capture the login failures ?. Also, another error appears in the MTS server is like an object not found even though th...

Date problem #4
I have a table of dates. I want to set a "flag" when Today() is one of those dates. I am doing a comparison of the table date with the result of the Today() function, but it is not working. I suspect it has something to do with the way that dates are stored, but I am not sure. Example: Suppose my dates are stored in $A$2 thru $A$6. The value of today's date is stored in $A$1 using the Today() function. In column B I do the comparison: =If($A2=$A$1,True,False) I do not get "True" even when the dates are the same. Can anyone give me an idea of what the problem i...

Problem with growing textbox
Hi, I have a report with a repeating detail section, containing a text field (which can grow), plus three more text fields, which cannot grow. These fields are horizontally aligned. This detail must have a border, plus vertical dividing lines between the fields. My problem is that I cannot find a way to produce vertical dividing lines which will grow to the same height as the expanding text box. I have tried using the format event of the Detail section to adjust the height of the non-growing text boxes and to adjust the height of the vertical dividing lines. But no luck! Am I barki...

Problem with TransferSpreadsheet in Access 2007
I'm having a problem with the TransferSpreadsheet method in Access 2007. The TransferSpreadsheet method is exporting a query to Excel, and it has been working fine under Access 2002. Under 2007, however, Access seems to truncate up some of the query column names, with the result that Access doesn't recognize them and prompts me for values for those columns. The problem is reproducible, occurring on the same columns every time. If I open the query directly the column names are fine and it exports to Excel with no problems; it seems to happen only with the TransferSpreadsheet meth...

Boot problem 03-04-10
I have a boot up problem with my xp pro. I shut my computer down at night and in the morning I get a grey screen at boot up, before anything shows. I can hear the computer going thru the startup process with nothing showing on the screen. After turning it on and off many times, including using a dos boot disc (which doesn't make a difference) it will finally boot. (a twenty-five minute process). Once it is running I am able to restart without any problem. It only happens after several hours of being shut down. I have run diagnostics on the hardware, monitor, graphics card and...

RMS CC Report Print Problem
At the end of the day after settling my credit cards, I print the "Electronic Draft Capture Detailed" report for the day's transactions. The first copy of the report has the page with all the headings but the report data is located at the upper left corner of the page in a 1 inch square box, I then print a 2nd page and it comes out okay. Any suggestions would help. Thanks ...

CRM System Administrator Role Problem
Hello All When running "MS CrRM SBE Configuration Wizard" on install and trying to install the XML file onto my CRM server (http://server:5555) it mentions the user must be "Microosft CRM System Administrator". I have since setup ETCIH/administrator on the "user page" on the crm server page and assigned the role "System Administrator", rebooted and went be back to install the XML file with no luck?? What am I doing wrong? I have logged in as administrator, I have setup etcih\administrator in CRM with "system administrator role" i dont know w...

Problem importing contacts from outlook express
I recently installed Outlook 2000. During installation it asked me if i wanted to import contacts from outlook express. My express has several identities: personal, business and my girlfriends. The "import" took the contacts from my personal account and then it deleted the other two in their entirety (from express). I now have none of my business contacts and I am absolutely furious. Any suggestions? have you tried setting up Outlook profiles to match your other two identities, and running the import again? I'm not sure it would work, but it might be worth a shot......

The problem
Hi, I configured out the problem.Inside the Dll i was trying to load a resource using LoadFrame() .As usuall the Application calling DLL will look for the resource in the application side and not in the DLL side.So i gave(from net i got) //Store the current resource handle HINSTANCE hClientResources = AfxGetResourceHandle(); //Tell the client to use the .DLL's resources AfxSetResourceHandle(::GetModuleHandle("SomeDll.dll")); //Do something with the .DLL's resources CString str; strRes.LoadString(IDS_SOME_STRING1); //Restore the client application resource handle AfxSetResou...

Problems printing 11x17
I use XP and Publisher 2003. Suddenly I cannot print 11x17 pages. I get all page settings set and saved the way I want them, and I confirm they are accurate by checking "Print Preview". After I hit print, somehow the settings change and the page size is interpreted as 8.5 x 11. I have never had problems printing this size before, with this same computer and printer (Epson 2200). Help! Are you setting up the printer too, or just the page? An updated driver? Epson has a driver for your printer dated October 2004. http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportIndex.jsp How to ...

windows mail problem when replying
my dad uses ntl for his emails so lets say his address is fredbloggs@ntl.com . He sends me an email and I REPLY by pressing reply.His address then changes to fredbloggs <windows mail> and then when i send it it doesnt get to him. It comes back undelivered ! So to get round this I have to blank out/delete the auto address and type in the fredbloggs@ntl.com again. Its annoying and sometimes i forget. It appears to be a worm/virus as by brother has exactly the same problem when replying to my dad . Any suggestions how to sort it please. Thanks -- andre1717 It is...