How do I add a disclaimer to my outgoing emails

I want to add a disclaimer to the bottom of all my outgoing emails, after my
signature. How do i do that please?

> I want to add a disclaimer to the bottom of all my outgoing emails,
> after my signature. How do i do that please?

I hate to submit the obvious but:

Add it to your signature, at the bottom of it?

--
f.h.
Microsoft Outlook MVP

0
f.h.muffman (751)
8/14/2009 6:29:15 PM
See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/sig.asp for tools.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

"Hector26gn" <Hector26gn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to add a disclaimer to the bottom of all my outgoing emails, after
> my
> signature. How do i do that please?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
8/14/2009 10:13:55 PM
Hector26gn wrote:

> I want to add a disclaimer to the bottom of all my outgoing emails, after my
> signature. How do i do that please?

What would be the point?  The recipient doesn't see the disclaimer until
AFTER they open your e-mail to read it.  Even more stupid are
disclaimers that are placed at the bottom of the message rather than at
the top.  Oh yeah, everything your just read is now going to be subject
to a disclaimer that you see later?  Anything you attempt to disclaim,
say, regarding virally infected e-mails from you is worthless as you are
still responsible for spreading the virus.  You might get away from
responsibility if your employee forwarded a non-company e-mail but NOT
if your employee sourced that e-mail.  Disclaimers are unenforcable.  No
matter what you disclaim, it is still YOUR e-mail whose content YOU put
there.  You could ask your lawyer regarding the legal force behind a
disclaimer but also remember that legality is something a court decides,
so you decide if you can actually survive the case in court.

There is legal force to a disclaimer.  E-mails sent by the employees of
a company are seen in court as messages sent with the company
letterhead.  The inferred copyright for the document is no greater and
no less whether the disclaimer exists or not.  If trying to claim that
anything within the e-mail is your property then, as the following
article mentions, "what is it doing in my in-box without an invitation?"
My e-mail account, its service, my e-mail client, my host, and my drive
space are NOT your property so if you don't want me to usurp your
property then don't dump it in mine.  Just because you publish a book
that is your copyrighted property doesn't mean that I want you dumping a
copy of it in my house if I can't use it.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2101561/

The disclaimer makes the sender look like an idiot.  Is that how you
want to be viewed?

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-1039350.html

If I'm the wrong recipient of your e-mail with disclaimer, I was never a
party to any agreement with you regarding any communications you have
with me.  If you drop a bag of money in my mailbox by mistake, yeah,
guess what, it's mine.  I'm not legally responsible for your mistakes.
Since I'm not a consenting party to your secret content e-mails, you
can't make me responsible for not disclosing their content.  I never
agreed to anything from you and a disclaimer cannot be enforced because
it doesn't exist to the recipient until after the e-mail is opened.  If
disclosure is your bugga-boo then go back to postal mail where you can
insert a document inside a protected package.  That structure doesn't
exist in e-mail.

Explain how you return as unread a misdirected e-mail with privileged
content when the disclaimer cannot be seen until the e-mail opened,
especially if the disclaimer is at the end.  Are you going to send the
recipient, even the mis-directed one, a time machine for free that can
undo their opening of your e-mail?  Gee, how much does one cost without
your e-mail as that could come in quite handy in my car in case of
accidents.

You think sending someone a bomb in which inside was a note about not
opening the package is going to absolve you of your responsibility for
killing the recipient or, if you missed, of blowing up their house?

You might want to read http://www.emaildisclaimers.com/ but be aware
that your recipients will still see you as an idiot for including
content that cannot be agreed upon until after the package has been
opened.

I've had some fun with boobs that use disclaimers.  I reply saying that
I do not agree to the conditions of the disclaimer and what I should do
about it.  Deleting the e-mail isn't sufficient because the content of
their e-mail was read so it is in my head.  Since I didn't invite them
to present private or secret information to me, I ask what they consider
a reasonable charge for cost of bandwidth and disk space usage on my
computer.

Think about this for just a second: If you were to proliferate kiddie
porn via e-mail, do you think the FBI or your state gov't would give a
gnat's fart about the presence of a disclaimer in your e-mails?  Just
click 3 times the heels of your red shoes and perhaps you'll come back
to reality, too.
0
V4521 (722)

Removing add-in/module
Hello All, I recently installed an add-in to Excel XP (2002) by dropping the .xla file into the XLStart directory. Ths add-in added itself to the tools menu as another option. Removing it from the tools/add-in menu was not an option and removing it from the XLStart directory did not work either. I checked the registry for references to the .xla file but did not find any. Running Excel in safe mode (excel.exe /s) will cause the add-in not to run. I can also see an instance of this add-in running when I look in the Visual Basic Editor. Besides reinstalling Excel, is there any way to remov...

Emailing document external link problem
Hi, I have a price list which links to an external document, it is fine for printing but I cant email it as the recipient obviously hasnt the document it links to. The linked document details several pricing structures so I need to keep this private. I have tried to copy and paste values but there are merged cells (I know and I will never do this again). Any ideas? Thanks, Rick Hi Try to send it in the body or as a htm file if you use Outlook You can try my add-in for this(version 3) http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Opt...

no email sent by me to me
I check the sent folder and the mail has been sent, but I don't get it. I checked my setting for the junkemail blocks and found it out there and removed it. Tried to send it again and still no mail. I checked my email settings account, sent an email, which was properly sent, but did not find it in my email in box or deleted or junk. Any suggestions Thanks Jim "jimbonh" <jimbonh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72179D71-CB08-4E7E-B776-69BCDA92E9A3@microsoft.com... > I check the sent folder and the mail has been sent, but I don...

Installing CRM 3.0 Plus Exchange Email Router
Hello, I have an SBS 2003 R2Premium with SQL 2005 Workgroup edition server at our office, there are 5 users. I am looking to install CRM 3.0 plus the Email router on a test box before I commit to installing it on the live system and am finding it difficult to understand fully the options I am presented with during the Iinstall. Is there anyone who could point me in the right direction to some guides to installing CRM server with explanations of the options involved. The more relevent reading the better :) Thanks for your time Dave Thank you for your time in answerring :) The links a...

how to add those numbers?
I have a column of numbers that I have to sum up, but there is one problem: some of them are formatted as a regular number (sometimes with decimals) and some are formatted as time (8:30 etc.) the regular sum(a:a) formula does not work on all of them is there any way to do it and get the result either in decimals or time or I'll have to redo the whole thing? Mark I think I'd get all those numbers to a common unit (time or minutes or hours). If you have 30 in a cell (say A1) and it represents 30 minutes, you can use a helper cell and put a formula like: =A1/24/60 (divide by the numb...

email receipt
How do I send an email with a receipt? thanks, Jaclyn Hi Jaclyn A little more information please :) Which version of Outlook are you using? Do you want a receipt for every email you send? K "Jaclyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081301c3c0ed$cf0bb920$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How do I send an email with a receipt? > > thanks, > Jaclyn I'm using microsoft outlook 2002 and I only wanted to send a receipt with one email. Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >Hi Jaclyn >A little more information please :) Which version of ...

How to make Outlook my Default email
I am currently use Outlook Express as my email. I also have Outlook 2003 and am trying to get Outlook 2003 setup as my default. I have set Outlook 2003 as my default, but it still doesn't send and recieve email. For some reason everything still goes through Outlook Express. Any idea what I need to do? Thank you. "Ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d87601c43ab3$c997eaf0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am currently use Outlook Express as my email. I also > have Outlook 2003 and am trying to get Outlook 2003 setup > as my default. I h...

How to email charts using Excel
Hi All, I need to automatically email(in a single mail) a number of charts(as embedded in the email-body) using Excel. I have coded in VBA such that Each chart is created in different workbook. How can I collate all of these and then send in a single mail?? Can somebody please help?? ...

email Invoices
The ability to email SOP invoices by batch rather than individually would be great You might want to think about entering a suggestion in the product suggestions area of CustomerSource/PartnerSource. It makes the suggestion more formal. There might be a similar suggestion you could vote for. "Email SOP Invoices" <Email SOP Invoices@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:147A78D1-3F87-42E1-B541-EF2AE5A48B62@microsoft.com... > The ability to email SOP invoices by batch rather than individually would > be > great I have created this feature with a Dex...

Need to add something to the end of an existing macro to delete a worksheet
I have a macro that will clean up an Excel version of a Bill of Materials that gets exported from another software (SQL) from our MRP system. I would like to add something to the end of the macro to tell it to delete the "sheet1" worksheet, because the macro I've created automatically creates a new sheet 2 that I want to replace it. The message box that automatically appears (for which I want the existing macro to take care of and not have show up) says "Data may exist in the sheet(s) selected for deletion. To permanently delete the data press Delete." Any advice wo...

Sending emails with attachments #2
I would like to know when sending files by email, if there is a way to have the file open when the email is opened rather than have the file arrive as an attachment.. "Richard Mahan" <dmachen35@comcast.net> wrote in message news:Gc2dnWGZpeyIn07YnZ2dnUVZ_qGjnZ2d@comcast.com... >I would like to know when sending files by email, if there is a way to have >the file open when the email is opened rather than have the file arrive as >an attachment.. You and every spammer in the world would love this option. -- John Blessing http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk ...

email is not recieving
Exchange 2000 our client is able to send emails,but they cannot recieve incomming emails. I can see items in the mailbox store/mailboxes but non of them are getting to the users outlook.... This occurance happend since the person who built their server did not lock down their exchange and they were flooded with outgoing emails and virus's... we locked down the exchange server and removed the virus... Can you please give me a direction? they have not been able to recieve emails since early this morning. Deborah Owner ACE Computer Guy Hello Deborah. Your problem may have somethign to d...

Mr Graham Mayor, I want to add a contact to Outlook from Word
Mr Graham Mayor, I want to add a contact to Outlook 2007 from Word 2007. It was very easy in ms word 2003, as under "Tools-> Letters and Mailings ->Envelopes and Labels->Envelopes->Insert Address->Outlook->ok ->Advanced->New->New Contact" we can add a new contact, which I want not do in Word 2007 also. The address book dialog in Word 2007 does not offer the ability to add addresses to the Contacts list. Use the method suggested in the link I posted earlier. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><&l...

Outlook 2000 have an error closing any email message.
Outlook 2000 Professional crushed when I closed any open email messages. The operating system is Windows XP with SP1. The error message is, "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I look into the error report details and it contains, AppName:Outlook.exe AppVer:9.0.0.2416 ModName:Outllib.dll ModVer:9.00.2711 Offset:000871b5 When I open Outlook 2000 again, it opens without any login password. I did the "Detect and Repair..." option but that didn't work. I uninstall the whole Microsoft Office 2000, de...

I need to combine two text fields and add ()
Hi, Is it possible to combine the text contents of two cells and extra characters sing a formula? i.e. Result required A2(B2) in uppercase The uppercase thing is not as necessary as the combined content and inserted brackets. Any help or suggestions of workarounds would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Nigel Enter this formula in C2: =UPPER(A2)&"("&UPPER(B2)&")" Hope tis helps. Pete Hi Pete, Along the right lines I got the answer clue from an earlier post that appeared after I had posted the question. =UPPER(B2 & " (" & A2 &...

Adobe PDFing Email Messages
Does anyone know how to PDF email messages? If you mean that you want to create a PDF of an email message just select print and choose the PDF writer printer. Patrick -- ____________________________________________________ Patrick L. Reilly, Ph.D., Principal Engineer Chief Intel´┐Ż PCA Software Architect Wireless Communications & Computing Group Architecture 5000 W. Chandler Blvd., MS: CH6-448 Chandler, Arizona 85226-3699 Ph: +1.480.554.3635 F: +1.480.554.6862 mailto:patrick.reilly@intel.com http://developer.intel.com/pca/developernetwork/overview/index.htm Note: My opinions are my own ...

Outgoing mail has extra line breaks
When I send a plain text message, Outlook insists on inserting line breaks at around the 65th character position, rather than sending each paragraph as a continuous string. This is annoying because many newgroups show these as "=20", making the messages harder to read. I've looked all over the Options area to try to find out how to stop this, to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks, Brian Brian <bbegan@comcast.net> wrote: > When I send a plain text message, Outlook insists on > inserting line breaks at around the 65th character > position, rather than sending ea...

Which Email Address is the Bad One?
My Outlook 2000 will not tell me which of the email addresses caused an email to not get delivered. It just says that one or more did not go. None of the people on the list get the email but I have no way of determining which one is the bad one? Any ideas? Thanks. Try sending a mail merge instead of a mass mail, and it'll fail to deliver only the bad'un. Don Edgecombe wrote: > My Outlook 2000 will not tell me which of the email > addresses caused an email to not get delivered. It just > says that one or more did not go. None of the people on the > list get the email but...

Exchange 2007 email router 02-26-07
I heard that CRM doesn't have an email router for Exch 2007 yet. I can't believe there isn't one out yet since 2007 is out now. I would highly suggest it. Thanks, Greg Barth ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busines...

Outlook 2003 email does not send or receive from IMAP server
I am using Windows XP, Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager on a single computer. My ISP is Charter. I have my own website hosted by GoDaddy and I am trying to sync my email using IMAP settings. I get the following error messages and I can not send or receive, although it does seem to work sporatically. Error messages 0x800CCC0E and 0x800CCC0F. Any suggestions? Alan A wrote: > My ISP is Charter. Are they your e-mail provider? > I have my own website hosted by GoDaddy Are they your e-mail provider? > sync my email using IMAP Or is someone else ...

Cannot add second email account to profile
When I try to add a second POP3 account to my outlook profile, all the radio buttons (to choose whether I want to add an Exchange, POP, IMAP or HTTP account) are disabled and I cannot add a second account. Is this a security setting or a corporate setting? If so, is there any workarounds or ways to create a single profile with multiple pop3 accounts? What I want is one profile with all my personal POP3 accounts, and another profile that connects directly to my corporate Exchange Server. Right now the only way I can access my personal pop3 accounts is to create a profile for each ac...

Overlapping text on printed emails from Outlook 2007
All of a sudden the text in the body of my printed emails from Outlook 2007 has moved up and to the right, so it overlaps the address and title infomation, and runs off the right hand side of the printed document. Also the body text is much smaller than it was. This is only true of printed emails, and the display of emails on screen is fine. However, it appears like this in the Print Preview as well. I have looked into editing the Memo print style in Page Setup but there is no facility to edit the body text separately, and reset does nothing. Nobody has been using my computer and I tend not...

How to add a letter in front of number and behind a number
I have a very large worksheet that in one of the column with is a product number. Is there anyway that I can add a "Letter" in front of the product number and the back of the product without going manual type each one. Here is the example of a product number "12000989" and I like to do like this "A12000989B". Of course each product number is unique in the column but the letter is consistant throughtout the column. Thanks for any help. Rocky You could put this in a module and run it: Sub AddLetters() For Each c In ActiveSheet.Range("D1:D1000")....

Email sending problem.
I have problem sending email with my outlook express. the failure code is: 0x800ccc0f. I have read about it at the microsoft homepage. But the only help i get there was about som router, and i dont use an router. The connection get interupted and i cant send the emails. But i can always recieve email to my computer. Please help me someone. Best Regards Peter,sweden My Sent messages are going to Outbox with error message 0x800ccc19. Have you found any solution? >-----Original Message----- >I have problem sending email with my outlook express. >the failure code is: 0x800ccc0f. &g...

customer email field is grayed out at random times
I have a client that has HQ and 2 stores and when a clerk enters a new customer the the email field is "greyed out", but other fields are fine. This happens at random times. They can create new customers all day and then all sudden the email field is greyed out for one customer, but the next new customer is fine. I checked the security level settings and their is none set. I recently deleted duplicate customers using a script I got from MS tech support and I not sure that could of cause the problem. Thank you for your support Thanks Dave ...