How do I activate the new mail button

When I start Outlook, the "New", "forward", "reply" and "reply to all"
buttons are not active which means I can not send mail. I have no problems
receiving mail. Also, on web pages with email links, when I click on them,
the Outlook application is not launched which is almost certainly related to
this. I think I'm missing something very simple here!
0
philipio (1)

Are you in a mail enabled folder?  Do you have an active email account
installed?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, philipio asked:

| When I start Outlook, the "New", "forward", "reply" and "reply to all"
| buttons are not active which means I can not send mail. I have no
| problems receiving mail. Also, on web pages with email links, when I
| click on them, the Outlook application is not launched which is
| almost certainly related to this. I think I'm missing something very
| simple here!

0
MillyS (3228)

Upload Mail Merge Template
I am having problems uploading word mail merge templates into CRM. From outlook I lick the mail merge options, which opens word. I can then create my document, go through the mail merge, and at the end there is an option to 'Ipload Template to CRM' When I click on this I am asked if I want to upload the template into CRM, once I click yes nothing happens. I have tried this on a number of machines, an a number of users (including System Administrator). I have managed to get it to work on ONE machine only, all the others in the network do not work. All the client machines are Wi...

How to transfer Outlook files to new user installation or file server?
I have created a new Windows XP account and I want to transfer the the Outlook email files from the old logins to the new login. I have copied the Outlook pst files from the old accounts folder to the new accounts folder, but when I open Outlook the mail contents are there but it seems that Outlook does not remember the old email account details. Is there a way to transfer the email accounts details as well? The previous email accounts are still there with the original mailboxes in the old logins, only the email account details not coming over. It appears that they are not stored with the...

Is it possible to auto forward incoming mail?
Is it possible to automatically forward mail that is coming in to a Microsoft Office address and have it forward to another e-mail account? Thanks for whatever feedback I can get! ...

Problems with New Users
Hi Everybody I have problem when I create a new user in Dynamics GP 8.0 and the user wants to enter in the system inmediately appears in the following message: A get/change operation on table 'SY_End_routines_Check_MSTR' failed accessing SQL Data. So I tried to delete but the users is blocking? Any suggestions about this? Regards, Jose G. What service pack level are you on? Go to Help > About Microsoft Dynamics GP. Que nivel de parche tienes? Ve a Ayuda > Acerca de Microsoft Dynamics GP. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, L...

capturing the name of the active form in VBA
Is there a way to capture the name of the currently active form in VBA? Thanks in advance, Paul On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 18:23:47 -0800, "Paul" <BegoneSpam@forever.com> wrote: Did you try Screen.ActiveForm.Name? -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Is there a way to capture the name of the currently active form in VBA? > >Thanks in advance, > >Paul > I wasn't aware you could do that, and it works great. Thanks, Tom. One method is: Screen.ActiveForm.Name -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.c...

Excel>Data>Import External Data>New Web query #2
Hi I am trying to use Excel 2003 to import data from http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quotes/default.asp?refresh=on&rand=8519 I use new web query on the above url. I select the data in the block under 'My Favourite Quotes' The wizard behaves as expected but only returns 1 line not the 3 that have been selected. Can someone please give me some pointers on how I can get the 3 lines. Thanks Bruce Try yahoo instead or go here and get my FREE excel file for quotes or history. Look for donaldb36 as author. xltraders@yahoogroups.com -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@...

setting up O.E. to send and recieve MSN mail
I have a MSN mail account, and want to set up my O.E. to sent and recieve my mail. I went to "accounts" and did everything that I was supposed to, and when I tried to send mail, I got the following two messages: The service is currently unavailable. Try again later. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp ', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavailable', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCCF0 Also, Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Serve...

Systemnumber on an activity
We have a customer who would like to have a systemnumber (the field can be hidden) on every activity they create. So if you make a follow up activity on the orginally activity the new activity will have the same number. Because of that they will be connected to eachother. So after a process is done you can follow the activityprocedure from A-Z. The ultimate would be if you also had offers, orders and other modules connected to the follow up actvivities that they also should be connected to the process. Does anyone have any suggestion how to solve this? Hi Martin, Unfortunately you will ...

Outlook sends mails in "Rich-Text" since SP2
Hi, I have problems with SP2! Since I have installed SP2, Outlook always sends mails in "Rich-Text" though in Outlook's options Tools --> Options --> Mail-Format is configured that new messages will be send in "Plain-Text". I figured out this behavior when I sent an email with an attachment to users who are using outlook express. All receipients told me that they have not received an attachment. Receipients of this mail which are using Outlook received the attachment. Below you can see a part of the header: This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---...

Moving e-mails in OL2002 and Exchange 5.5?
We have got an Exchange 5.5 server and I am trying to use the Outlook Rules Wizard to move e-mails from any address with @company.com in their e-mail address to a different folder under my Inbox. This doens't work. It works with outside addresses, but not internal ones. We have multiple domain's accross multiple locations, so would like to create one to move @company1.com to Company 1 folder, @company2.com to Company 2 folder ETC. Any idea how this can be done? ...

Forwarding or Alias, sending mail outside Exchange
Hello Everyone, I'm using Exchange 2003 on Windows SBS 2003. We have an employee that we'd like to avoid giving access to OWA for, but we'd like him to have an account @ourcompany.com, and have that mail go to his hotmail.com account. Review: Mail sent to Tom@OurCompany.com is sent to Tom@Hotmail.com. Can I do this using Exchange? Do I need to set up a user in Active Directory and set up an exchange account for him and then a rule to forward all of this mail to Tom@Hotmail.com? I would prefer it if there is a way to forward all incoming messages addressed to tom@ourcompany...

prevent some one to send a mail to me
hi . how can i prevent someone to send a mail to me. I do want to recive his mail. thanx for help if you have version 2003, right click an email from them and add them to your blocked senders' list. You haven't told us much so I hope this helps you at least a little bit! Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au "I not only use all the brains I have, but all I can borrow." (Woodrow Wilson) "suad" <suad@moe.gov.om> wrote in message news:1165227614.391776.74380@f1g2000cwa.googlegrou...

Transferring read e-mail to another folder
Hello I was wondering whether there was a way in which I could automatically transfer my e-mail that has been read into another folder, such as "Old e-mail" or something like that? Thanks ...

Mail getting filtered into Junk Email with no IMF installed
I am running a Exchange 2003 server with mostly Outlook 2003 clients. I have installed Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 4.5, with Heuristic Spam scanning turned on, and any emails with a SCL >1 being tagged with a custom X header. What I am finding is that somewhere on the server or client, anything coming in with an SCL score in the headers is being filtered into the "Junk Email" folder, rather than following any rules I set up on the rules wizard. This is not the functionality I want, as I want the users to be able to chose whether to filter for spam or not. I can only as...

New Bank Data Download to Money 2002
OK, I still have Money 2002. When MS Passport went away, so did my ability to pull data from within Money. However, I could go to my institutions, select download transactions to Money format, and they would import right into Money. My bank, Chevy Chase, just changed ownership to Capital One. Their new web site only downloads an Excel comma delimited spreadsheet, rather than going straight to Money. Is there any way I can pull a set of transactions over a date range directly? In microsoft.public.money, Dimitrios Paskoudniakis wrote: >OK, I still have Money 2002. When MS Pass...

Mails in temp store after dead disk
Hi NG I just rebooted our Exchange Server, but for strange reasons the datadisk didnt come up. When I realised I did another reboot, and the disk worked just fine. We are using pop3 connector to fetch mails, and during the 5 minutes the system was up without a storage, Exchange fetched mails from our pop3 server. After the second reboot, those mails were gone! I guess they were placed in some temp store, but I dont know where, and even worse, I dont know how to restore them into the main mail store. Can someone help? ...

HTTP_300 error when useing Active Sync, any clues would help
First I was recieveing an HTTP_500 certificate problem, but I got that straightened out by following this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817379/en-us, the option # 2. Now I get an HTTP_300 error. Any thoughts?? Hi Joe, What version of the server are you running? What platform are you running the server on? "Joe" wrote: > First I was recieveing an HTTP_500 certificate problem, but I got that > straightened out by following this article > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817379/en-us, the option # 2. Now I get > an HTTP_300 error. Any thoughts?? > > ...

Mail enabled universal distibution groups
When I create a mail enabled distribution group in a different domain the RUS stamps the DL with the default recipient policy instead of the policy that I would like it to use and does not put it in the correct Exchange admin group. Can someone explain this or does anyone know of a good article that can shed some more light on what affects the creation of a mail enabled universal group. -- Thanks! Crisoft "Crisoft" <ccisat1crc@hotmail.com> wrote: >When I create a mail enabled distribution group in a different domain the RUS >stamps the DL with the default reci...

assigning activities to queues
If marketing creates an rule that automatically creates activities for a telemarketing campaign. I would like to assign them to a specific queue that I named Telemarketing. I can't figure out how to assign all activities at the same time to this specific queue. I THOUGHT THAT YOU COULD ONLY ASSIGN CASES TO Q'S "Inger" wrote: > If marketing creates an rule that automatically creates > activities for a telemarketing campaign. I would like to > assign them to a specific queue that I named > Telemarketing. I can't figure out how to assign all > act...

Getting BLOCKED:BLOCKED:BLOCKED in e-mails that are sent that have links.
When a user sends e-mails with links to other web-sites and the mouse pointer is moved over the link it says,"BLOCKED:BLOCKED:BLOCKED:BLOCKED" and then it gives the link URL. When we click on the link that has been sent by another internal member the link doesn't work. How can I fix this? Thank you, Micah Pokorney Well, to start with, that is a setting in your email client (Outlook?) or either in some sort of content filtering software that is doing that. Exchange does not filter the content in such a way. So, you need to start by looking at settings in the client or...

Mail Merge #13
I am using outlook 2003 and word 2003 I want to get my contacts/address book from outlook through word into a document. I go through the process of mail merge and pick outlook data base. but it does not show my address book that is located in my public Folder in outlook. I have tried to change the properties/outlook address book/show this folder as an e-mail Address book in both administrator and my own log in. Also have given owner permissions. I need help. Suggestions? To merge from a PF you need to start the merge in outlook. Open the folder then go to Tools, Mail merge. if you nee...

Relocate Bad Mail Directory
My BadMail directory is causing me to get a message that my C:\ size is getting lesser everyday and I found out that it's due to the Bad Mail directory. Right now it's about 1.2 GB in size. Is it possible to relocate this to another bigger volume? If yes, what are the precautions, like permissions to the new volume/folder? Can I delete files in the directory before moving? Do I have to stopped any services or dismount any stores. Please help. Thanks. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO First I would ensure you are not open for Relay, this could be the cause for your BadMail folder growing so...

windows Mail (Vista)
When I click on READ MAIL on IE 7.0 The mail inbox window does not open full view, it shows upat the very bottom of the page. When I click on it then it will open. How do I set it up so that I get it to go full screen when I initially click on Read Mail ? Never had this problem with XP.......... Thanks Hi George, This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is not all that clear and may have misdirected you. I suggest re-posting your question to one of the newsgroups in this listing: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroup...

Outlook 2000 Activities tab

How do I delete unwanted messages but don't have a delete button
I want to delete unwanted spoof or other messages from my "in" box but my delete (X) button has disappeared. How do I get it back? Is your standard toolbar turned on? View -> Toolbars -> Standard If you can see the rest of the toolbar but not the (X) button right click on the toolbar and choose Customize. Click on the Toolbars tab and reset the Standard toolbar. In the short term you can delete messages from your Inbox with the delete key on your keyboard or by right clicking on the message. "Saracenred" <Saracenred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...