How do I activate the new mail button

When I start Outlook, the "New", "forward", "reply" and "reply to all"
buttons are not active which means I can not send mail. I have no problems
receiving mail. Also, on web pages with email links, when I click on them,
the Outlook application is not launched which is almost certainly related to
this. I think I'm missing something very simple here!
0
philipio (1)

Are you in a mail enabled folder?  Do you have an active email account
installed?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, philipio asked:

| When I start Outlook, the "New", "forward", "reply" and "reply to all"
| buttons are not active which means I can not send mail. I have no
| problems receiving mail. Also, on web pages with email links, when I
| click on them, the Outlook application is not launched which is
| almost certainly related to this. I think I'm missing something very
| simple here!

0
MillyS (3228)

Changing Default DURATION value of 30 min. in activities
Is there a way to change the 30 min. default value in activity types? Even if through the database? Thanks, Oliver The Duration field is represented as a picklist on the activity form. Picklist values can usually be customised through the CRM user interface which would allow you to change the default and add additional values. However, at present the CRM Activity form is not customisable through any supported method. Maybe in a future release. ...

reciving e-mails
is there a way to set microsoft outlook e-mails up to reciving emails from people that r in my contacts and a few or e-mails thats i want to recivie from people. stephen <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > is there a way to set microsoft outlook e-mails up to > reciving emails from people that r in my contacts and a > few or e-mails thats i want to recivie from people. Are you saying you want a "safe list"? That is a list of people from whom you will accept mail and messages from anyone else are rejected. What version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

Why does Excel in XP create new files?
Excel adds duplicate files - Assist Log (2).xle, asssits Log (3).xls. Why? Can I make this stop. It appears all the files are identical - so if I just delete the extra files will I be losing any data? hi, I think this is something new in xl relating to thier file recovery during a GPF shutdown. but i keep getting it even without a GPF. when i save, excel will just up and ask me which file i want to save leaveing me sitting there asking "what do you mean which file. i only have one." it's getting anoying. >-----Original Message----- >Excel adds duplicate files - ...

Junk Mail Filtering
Are there easier, more intuitive ways to filter adult-content and general junk e-mails within the Organize features already present in Outlook 2002? Are their products out their that I can add to the existent system rather than downloading new stand-alone software packages? I modified the "filters.txt" file but still am not pleased with the increasing amount of junk mail I receive. I feel your pain...I just sent a couple of comments to MS about how poor their SPAM filtering is. Other web mail will flag all bulk email that can be deleted at one time With Mr. Gates working with the...

Button click function
Hello friends, As i am new to Vc++ I need to your help to achive this logic for my program. When click a "connect" button || it will open a window or .txt file (i dont know which will work more better pls suggest) And all the function output will rediret to .txt fille or window || Logic the way program will work after clicking a buttion .Function call-------> sessionid=login(username,password,userid); //it will get from server after connection if(sessionid == true) //it will call anothjer function) { requestid =requestprice(sessionid,pageno); //it will g...

Adding a button to a Wizard
I must be overlooking something really simple, but I just cannot see it... I have a wizard project in which I'd like to create a CButton dynamically for the main "sheet". The button may exist on all subsequent pages swapped in, or could be hidden. I get the button to appear (it gets drawn over a bitmap background), and it does respond to the enter key (when in focus) as my OnMyButton method gets called. However, clicking it with the mouse doesn't get me anything? I create the button as follows, for reference: aRect.SetRect(20,540,80,600); m_TestSheetBtn.CreateEx( NULL, ...

how to I e-mail a multiple page newsletter in publisher
I created a news letter in Publisher, a two page newsletter. I tried to e-mail the newsletter to myself but all I get in the e-mail is the first page not both. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Please can anyone help with my frustration? Can't send it as a multipage newsletter. You have two choices. Create a lonnnnnnnnnnnng email that is one "page" wide or convert it to a .pdf and send it as an attachment. Warning - if you do it as the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng email, it probably will not print past the first "page". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publi...

Outlook 2003 / mail retrieving, saving password
Outlook 2003 asks me my pop-account password every time, even as I have marked the checkbox "Save password...". It is really annoying as I want to check my pop-account once every 5 minutes. What to do? /M It gives me the "Enter network password" popup every time, it seems I cannot save the password for some reason. I already tried to modify registry so that I deleted all keys inside HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider, and rebooted the machine and re-created the mail accounts - didn't help!!! Frustrating. /M "Make" ...

Lost mail msgs
Is there any explanation why all my mail msgs in my inbox disappeared and is there a way to recover them. I am using Outlook 2003 on a private network at my office. I am devasted. ...

downloading or exporting folders from Yahoo mail to Outlook 2000
Is there any way to export my email folders from Yahoo mail to Outlook2000? Thanks for your help. Dianne NO. ...

can't copy text to new pub document
I am trying to copy entire pages from one Publisher 2007 doc to another. It will copy the text in some text boxes but not in others. I don't understand why this is happening. How do I get it to copy the entire page as is? I am using Ctrl A or Select All. Thank you. Oh, another thing to add: Even if I select only a single text box, it will not copy any text. "lindalou" wrote: > I am trying to copy entire pages from one Publisher 2007 doc to another. It > will copy the text in some text boxes but not in others. I don't understand > why this is happening. How d...

Share "Activities"
When recording an activity with shares, one can select "Buy, Sell, Dividend etc" . I wish to be able to diffirentiate between two types of dividends: Franked and Unfranked. Does anyone know how to add / split details about a dividend??? This would be really, really useful for tax purposes (Australia). Thanks In microsoft.public.money, hendam wrote: >When recording an activity with shares, one can select "Buy, Sell, Dividend >etc" . I wish to be able to diffirentiate between two types of dividends: >Franked and Unfranked. Does anyone know how to add / split ...

no subject e mails, how do I deal with them?
I am receiving loads of 'no subject' e mails into my inbox, is there a way of dealing with this problem as the create rule tool cannot create a rule based on an e mail that has no subject or content. What causes these mails anyway? Probably, but since you provided no information about your version of = Outlook, it would be hard to say. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, T5 asked: | I am receiving ...

Command Button
I would appreciate any help with this. I have a command button on my main form that when you click on it it will take you to the main switchboard and the reports page. This is the what I have now. My Switchboard has two pages. Page one has forms and button to go to the second page which lists reports. This only takes me to the main switchboard. If I type [SwitchboardID] is says there is no such field. I want the command button to take me to the second page of the switchboard and open reports. This is the info in the switchboard table for Reports. SwitchboardID = 2; ItemNumber =...

Outgoing E-mail
Hi When i am sending an outgoing CRM E-mail my E-mail address is displayed in the "From" field when it reaches the recipient - Can this be changed to a more "normal" behavior where the users names are displayed in the "From" field. Thanks Jakob ------=_NextPart_0001_088915B6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good Morning Jakob, Outbound CRM email should include the display name of the user sending the email. If you are only seeing the email address, please ensure your display name in Outlook/Exchange matches what is displayed in ...

mail merge with different subjects
I have to sent email messages with mail merge with different subjects. I have excel sheet which contains subject, email address fields. please help -- With gratitude, Faisal Ijaz You cannot do it with mail merge out-of-the-box. You could do it with a modification of the code used in the the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/MergeWithAttachments.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, o...

how do I send graphical mail in html format?
I want to send an email having minimum 4 images to a mailing list. But it doesn't seem that easy, because I don't want those images as an attachment. How can I do it? does the list support HTML? If so, they should be embedded in the body. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Sol...

Send E-Mail Immediately in Outlook XP
In OE 6.x, e-mails that are written and marked for transmission are sent immediately, without having to open the OE client. However, with Outlook XP, it seems that the user must open the actual client and send the e-mail from there, instead of just clicking "send" on the e-mail he is composing. Note this is different from the "Send Immediately When Connected" checkbox under Tools>Options>Mail Setup, as this only seems to apply to messages composed and sent while the client is running. I want to configure Outlook XP to have the same behavior as OE in this instance, o...

E-mail links
After switching from my ISP dail up to cable I am unable to click on a link in outlook 2002. It opens the browser but does not fill in the address. Any suggestions would be appreciated Thankyou Do other URL links within the Windows environment (in a word doc, on the desktop etc) also result in this behaviour? I had something similar to this happening for many many months. It turned out a few DLL's had to be reregistered. I actually don't recall exactly what I did... I know urlmon.dll was one of them... but there were a few others in my case that needed to be registered. There are ...

Cannot send mail
Hi All, I have below code which works great for 80% of the users but for 20% it doesn't work. On Error GoTo Err_Kommandoknapp181_Click stText = Me.Greeting & " " & Me.Actual_Name StSubject = Me.Subject & "" DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , Me.E_mail_address, , , StSubject, stText Exit_Kommandoknapp181_Click: Exit Sub Err_Kommandoknapp181_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Kommandoknapp181_Click Has anyone encountered this problem? The only error message is: Merec cannot send this e-mail message /(Merec being the Datab...

live mail sending blocked
receive the following error message when i try to send a email. 550 5.3.4 Requested action not taken; This account is currently blocked from sending messages. If you don't think you've violated the Windows Live Terms of Use, please contact customer support. I don't believe that I have violated the terms of use, please unblock my account. -- Greeting earthlings On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 12:26:01 -0800, 1martian wrote: > receive the following error message when i try to send a email. > > 550 5.3.4 Requested action not taken; This acco...

Error when sending mail from Pub2003
I have just installed Office 2003 Professional. I am trying to send a Publication as email (not attachment) and get the following error: "No such interface supported" This is on Windows2000 SP3 with .NET Framework 1.1 installed Anyone know what is wrong? Thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from NZBug <itsupport@formway.com>... > I have just installed Office 2003 Professional. > I am trying to send a Publication as email (not attachment) > and get the following error: "No such interface supported" What is your de...

e-mail address privacy question
I have Outlook 2007 and I want to e-mail all my past customers about a new product introduction. I haven't sent out a mass mailing like this before. If I put all their names in the "To" field, each recipient sees everyone else's e-mail address. I don't imagine that the recipients won't want their e-mail addresses to be public like this. Please what's the best way to send my e-mail out so that all e-mail addresses are hidden from each other so receipients don't get to see everyone else's e-mail address? Would I just put the list of e-mail addresses...

Extra line feeds in received mail
Why is it that mail received using Outlook Express (and Windows Vista Mail) add extra line feeds to every line in incoming mail? How to I make it stop? When I send the same message to other programs (e.g., Outlook, webmail) the formatting remains as originally sent. OE (and WinMail) interprets a <P> in HTML as a double line feed and <BR> as a single line feed. Some programs such as Word generate a <P> when one uses the Enter key and a <BR> when one uses a Shift-Enter. So if the user uses the Enter key, then the recipient will see a double line feed if t...

Re-activation of Money Plus ...
Okay, so I have a copy of Money Plus that has only been installed and activated one time. My expiration is currently 09/2009 per Help ... About. My question is, can I simply uninstall and reinstall the application on the same computer, use the same activation code, and extend my use until January 2011? Thoughts? No. The date the key was first activated is stored in the activation system. "Joe G" <JoeG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F02C12C8-BA0C-4E9D-821D-062D0347AD0D@microsoft.com... > My question is, can I simply uninstall and reinstall the appli...