How create rule that searches BOTH body and subject (OR not AND)?

When I check the boxes in Advanced Rules for finding a term in the body of a
message and then the subject line, the resulting line ANDs it -- that is the
term has to appear in both the subject and the body.
This is not what I want. I want to screen emails where this term appears in
either the subject line or body. That is, in Boolean terms, I want to OR
this, not AND it.
0
kdez (1)

I think you'd have to create two rules to do that...

"kdez" <kdez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I check the boxes in Advanced Rules for finding a term in the body of
> message and then the subject line, the resulting line ANDs it -- that is
> the
> term has to appear in both the subject and the body.
> This is not what I want. I want to screen emails where this term appears
> in
> either the subject line or body. That is, in Boolean terms, I want to OR
> this, not AND it.

0
vince8328 (2733)
5/17/2006 3:32:27 PM
Wouldn't the "with specific words in the subject or body" condition do =
what you want?=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"kdez" <kdez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> When I check the boxes in Advanced Rules for finding a term in the =
body of a=20
> message and then the subject line, the resulting line ANDs it -- that =
is the=20
> term has to appear in both the subject and the body.
> This is not what I want. I want to screen emails where this term =
appears in=20
> either the subject line or body. That is, in Boolean terms, I want to =
OR=20
> this, not AND it.
0
suemvp (4038)
5/17/2006 3:35:53 PM
I forgot about that... oops

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
Wouldn't the "with specific words in the subject or body" condition do what
you want?

0
vince8328 (2733)

want to know how to create a login screen that works
-- John 3:16 On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 16:45:00 -0700, pfales <pfales@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: It's considered polite to post a comprehensible question in the big textbox, not just the subject line. A login screen to... what? Windows? An Access application? What version? That "works" - what doesn't work now? What would constitute "working" for you? John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Can I create other coordinative system then those proposed by exce
Hi ! I am trying to build a coordinative system in which tics in "X" and "Y" follows a certain pattern. "Y axis should be divided as: log(log()) scale "X" axis should be divided as: a-b*log() scale it is essencial that axes itself to have such a pattern, and the data can be feeded in normal way. Can I do smth like this excel? Or should I look for other plotting software? If yes do you have any idea? You can always do the desired transformation in the XL worksheet and plot the transformed results. Then, simulate the axes so that the displayed values are...

How to create AD security group, filtering by a custom property
Hi guys, I'm trying to create AD security groups based on a custom property, say EmployeeType, that property has two values: Employee/Contractor. I want to create one group for Employee, one group for Contractor based on that custom property value, so that all existing users can be put in those two buckets and new added users can be automatically put in the corresponding bucket when accounts created. How can I achieve that? Thanks, J -- bidepan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bidepan's Profile: http://forums.techaren...

CRM 3.0 Removing a Subject Level
We currently have 3 levels in our subject tree. We are looking at integretion with Great Plains and we had set it up originally with only 2 levels. What are the ramifications with removing a subject level? Does and item revert up to its parent subject? Thanks so much for your assistance! Shauna Shauna You cannot remove any subjects that are linked to other objects. So Step 1 is to re-link all the other objects to the new subject you want to link them to. No mean feat! Probably only doable on an industrial scale by (unsupported but reasonably safe ) direct database updates. Take a go...

Limit search results by view
Hi, Does anybody know if it is possible to limit the scope of the search function to just retrieve values from the list that is filtered by the filtered view that is selected in the views combobox? Example: In the Activities list, if I select the "closed tasks" view, and then run a simple search, I just want to get results regarding closed tasks. Thanks, Ana Hi Ana, This is a by-design behavior. When you use the search box, you use a different view, the "quick find" view; which uses a different fetch xml than the view you select on the right; thus the search resul...

Create New Sheets and Name Them Based on Values in another sheet
Hey everyone. I have seen several different posts on these different topics, but I need to combine them all. Here is a brief summary of what I need to do. I have a sheet that has a list of ID#'s on it. I have setup a formula to lookup the names associated with the ID #'s. For each set of ID#'s, I have to create a copy of a generic calculation sheet that I have setup to run a set of calculations on. NOTE: This generic sheet has some very detailed lookup functions, as it is looking up detailed sales information, and will be based on the ID#. So, I need to create ...

Redirect Rule Stopped Working using SMTP Connector on Exchange 200
After changing costing to force mail to be routed through another smtp connector, Redirect Rule stopped send mail to an outside address. Originally, Exchange 5.5 mailbox (still resides on that box) used IMC successfully in redirecting rules to the outside. After the cost for the IMC connector increased, it forced all mail to be routed through an SMTP connector to an Exchange 2003 server. How can I get the rule to redirect to an outside address again using the smtp connector? Also, what are the effects of checking the box in Exchange System Manager - Global Settings - Internet Message...

How do I create a waterfall amortization schedule in Access?
I know its not desirable to store calculated values for amortization, so how do I calcluate and report? In Access 2003, I have a table with invoice information, and I need the revenue (invoice amount) to be amortized between a start and end date (included in the table), and at any given month total all invoice with amortization for the month. Those calculations can be done in a report. Depending upon the amount of data that needs to be processed, you may want to build temporary tables to store data results while running the report, deleting and refreshing that data as necessary when n...

HOW DO I CREATE LABELS OR ADDRESSES ON ENVELOPES #2
I HAVE CREATED A DATA BASE IN MICROSOFT EXCELL AND WOULD LIKE TO EXPORT TO A LABEL OF ENVELOPE FORMAT First of all, using all caps is the same as shouting in newsgroups/forums and is considered rude Us Word and Excel see here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ANN" wrote: > I HAVE CREATED A DATA BASE IN MICROSOFT EXCELL AND WOULD LIKE TO EXPORT TO A > LABEL OF ENVELOPE FORMAT And one more link... http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge From Beth Melton and Dave Rado. ANN wrote: > > I HAVE CREATED A DATA BASE IN MICROSO...

CreateEx not making a window, Create works
I can't get CreateEx to work for a CFrameWnd. I'm Registering a WndClass according to many examples I've seen, but it just won't create. Anyone know why this might be? Create works fine: // this doesn't work: CString zwndclass=AfxRegisterWndClass(CS_DBLCLKS, ::LoadCursor(NULL, MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDC_ARROW)), (HBRUSH) ::GetStockObject(GRAY_BRUSH), 0); MyWindow->CreateEx(WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT,zwndclass,"Window1",WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW|WS_VISIBLE|WS_CLIPSIBLINGS,CRect(10,10,510,450),NULL,7000); // and for some reason this works fine: MyWindow->Create(NULL,&q...

How to create 2 separate indexex to one doc??
Hi I'd like to create 2 indexes to one document in Word 97, I've already made one but the second one mixes with the previous and I want them separate, what can I do? On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 02:05:01 -0800, lumtecua <lumtecua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi >I'd like to create 2 indexes to one document in Word 97, I've already made >one but the second one mixes with the previous and I want them separate, what >can I do? There are two separate mechanisms for inserting multiple indexes in a document. You didn't explain enough to tell whi...

How do I create a Demo Excel Program
Dear all, I have created an Excel VBA program (as Add-In). I want to create a Demo version of this Add-In (for prospective users) which will stop working after a specified number of days (after installation). Can anybody give me an idea how to go about this? Samuel, A determined user will be able to circumvent any security measures that you can possibly use, through Excel. The better option is to simply trust them. -- HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Samuel Osei-Tutu" <oseitutu@smartchat.net.au> wrote in message news:ezk6J2MaIHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Dear all...

How do I create a line graph with x- y axis?
I am trying to make a single line graph a x axis (vertcal side) showing breathing rates per minute, and the Y axis )horizontal axis) gin-ving time in minutes. - Select the both x and y data ranges - Insert|Chart - On the Standard Types tab, select "XY (Scatter)" - Select the desired chart subtype (with or with without point markers and/or connnecting lines, and whether connecting lines should be curved or straight) - Continue pressing Next, ajusting options as desired, until finished Notes: - Avoid the "Line" Standard Type. The name is very misleading. Its purpos...

Create a table from 2 tables
Access 2000. I need to create/add to tblWorkOrders from info in two existing tables tblCustomers and tblBuildings. Relationships are 1 to many tblCustomers to tblWorkOrders and tblbuildings. The form is related to the tblWorkOrders which has a combo box which calls tblCustomers. The row source is: GetCustomerNameForInvoice a query used in invoicing. I want to be able to select a customer in the combo box and the corresponding buildings related to that customer come up in the subform. When I select a customer there is nothing in the subform. If form is closed and reopened the same ...

Searching Leads by company name..
I have been assigned as part of my daily job duties to start getting some of MS CRM issues addressed. Most of the issues are small, but lead to a company wide feeling that the tool is not yet living up to its full potential. I have two questions at this point: Is there any way to change the default search criteria for when searhing through "leads" to allow for a user to search the company name? The default settings only allow a person to search for a persons name. Is there any way to transfer the notes from a lead into an account record when it is converted? As it stands w...

create voting buttons
Could someone please show me how to modify this script so that the voting buttons (1, 2, 3) are created programmatically? (That is without user input.) Thanks, Max ------------------------------------------------------------ Sub CreateVoteMessage() Dim objApp As Outlook.Application Dim strMsg As String Dim strActions As String Dim arrActions() As String Dim I As Integer Dim objMessage As Outlook.MailItem Dim objAction As Outlook.Action strMsg = "Enter voting button titles, " _ & "separated by commas." ...

CRm rule in Outlook
The The CRM Exchange Router Rules Deployment Wizard installs a rule to Forward as Attachment all email to its own Exchange mailbox. This works fine but the Outlook clients (2003) mark the emails as read, which is causing much confusion! I can't see anyway of stopping this from happening, can anyone suggest a way? Thanks in advance Hi, I don't exactly understand what's going on, however please find here a suggestion. When you use the CRM for Outlook client, and anyone hits 'Track in CRM', the mail will be in the history in CRM. Also note to the left of the message,...

Manually creating Invoices with C#?
Is there any sample code anywhere that shows how to build an invoice and add products to the invoice with C#? I can't seem to find a good 'starting point' with the SDK and I'm hoping it's not 100% XML field manipulation (i.e. updates) Thanks! Look in the SDK for the CRMInvoice.Create method (with example) and then use the CRMInvoiceDetail.Create method to add the detail lines. It is not 100% XML, but XML is important. Stephen "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64E76034-92FA-4B07-8C1E-05CF4A57554E@microsoft.com... > ...

error message in Account.Create
Hello, well finally I can update an account, but I get a weird error message. I used the code example from the SDK, and it is getting the same user ID as the update, but there is apparently something not right there. Man, if I had started testing with update, I would not have been this frustrated..... At least I know that the SDK example work, there just seems to be some missing details. error message: ErrorMessage: SOAP Server Application Faulted 8004021bThe user id or the team id is missing.d:\mscrm\build\3017\src\platform\include\omcore\entity.inl2713 Source: System.Web.Services To cla...

Can't create a New Folder in Outlook
Hello: On one workstation here on our network (which has Outlook 2000), one workstation cannot create a new folder in her Inbox. When she tries, she gets the error message "Outlook can't read the registry info". What can I do to eliminate this issue? The funny thing is that I did a search on her C drive in Windows Explorer and did not even see a .pst file to backup! Now, if I run the repair option from the Office CD, would that wipe out her e-mails and stuff? I don't want to do that. Thanks, in advance, for any help that you can give. John If the workstation i...

Writing with XML Class file created using XSD.exe
Created the class file using XML.xsd from an XML file. How we set/populate the data with the class file where one of the objects is 2D. 2D object - NewOrderOrdersPaymentsPayment[][] class - NewOrderOrdersPaymentsPayment The class file is a s follow: /// <remarks/> [System.CodeDom.Compiler.GeneratedCodeAttribute("xsd", "2.0.50727.42")] [System.SerializableAttribute()] [System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThroughAttribute()] [System.ComponentModel.DesignerCategoryAttribute("code")] [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlTypeAttribute(AnonymousType=true)] public partial...

Create Temp table from query, with memo fields?
I am using Access XP and trying to export queries to Excel XP with memo fields that are getting truncated to 255. These fields have some functions in them to get them to look right, so the only way I can think to get them exported to Excel properly is to create a temporary table then export that table instead. The problem is, some of the queries do not have data longer than 255 and some do. They also do not all have the same columns. So I cannot create a standard table and export to that table. What I was trying to do in my code (to make it work with multiple queries) is simply write a SQL st...

Selection Rule
Hi Could someone please assist me with the creation of a selection rule? We have entered three services into our CRM system and I have allocated each resource to the service. I am struggling with creating the selection rules though. We have six resources allocated and any number of resources may be allocated at any time for example the service could require more than one resource or possibly all the resources. Does a service require that a specific number of resources be allocated to it? Is there a selection rule which can specify any number? I would greatly appreciate any assistance...

Publisher 2007 Trial unable to edit or create.
I notice others have had this problem also with the Trial version of Publisher 2007. In fact, I cannot create a new document, although my old document opens. All options are grayed out, so I can't edit anything, insert new pages...nothing! Even in the new publication I attempted to create I have no options available. This is totally useless to me! Did anyone get an answer how to resolve it? "Lida Boland" <Lida Boland@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news:1F1955E2-C5BC-43CB-832E-4769A412475F@microsoft.com... >I notice others have had ...

How can I create a pie chart without duplicating my cells?
I am trying to create a pie chart with very simple data. Excel is duplicating my cells. For instance, if column B has the Company B listed 15 times in different rows it is creating 15 of Company B in my pie chart. Please HELP! mj012905@yahoo.com You need to summarize the data in a pivot table, then make a chart from this summary. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "MJ" <MJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0B2CF0D-334B-4393-A7D6-A2E47C5153B3@microsoft.com... >I am trying to cre...