how come my rules are not filtering the body of messages?

how come my rules are not filtering the body of messages? they work fine
filtering other fields.

James,

Can you provide more information.  Do you have a rule setup that is not
working?  Does it give you an error?

--
Francine Otterson
President, San Diego Outlook User Group
"James" <IDontWantToGetSpammed@NotaRealEmail.com> wrote in message
> how come my rules are not filtering the body of messages? they work fine
> filtering other fields.

0
outlook3306 (110)
8/19/2005 3:42:09 AM
no error, i just created a rule like this:

Apply this rule after the message arrives
with MyCriteriaAs@anEmailAddress.com in the body
mark it as high importance

what im trying to do is trigger an action when postmater@mydomain.com
bounces an email to me. it seems like i can't check the body of these
messages from postmaster. but i can check the body on all other 'normal'
email messages to me.

"Francine Otterson" <outlook@sdnetweb.com> wrote in message
> James,
>
> Can you provide more information.  Do you have a rule setup that is not
> working?  Does it give you an error?
>
> --
> Francine Otterson
> President, San Diego Outlook User Group
> "James" <IDontWantToGetSpammed@NotaRealEmail.com> wrote in message
>> how come my rules are not filtering the body of messages? they work fine
>> filtering other fields.

any ideas?

> no error, i just created a rule like this:
>
> Apply this rule after the message arrives
> with MyCriteriaAs@anEmailAddress.com in the body
> mark it as high importance
>
> what im trying to do is trigger an action when postmater@mydomain.com
> bounces an email to me. it seems like i can't check the body of these
> messages from postmaster. but i can check the body on all other 'normal'
> email messages to me.
>

> "Francine Otterson" <outlook@sdnetweb.com> wrote in message
>> James,
>>
>> Can you provide more information.  Do you have a rule setup that is not
>> working?  Does it give you an error?
>>
>> --
>> Francine Otterson
>> President, San Diego Outlook User Group
>> "James" <IDontWantToGetSpammed@NotaRealEmail.com> wrote in message
>>> how come my rules are not filtering the body of messages? they work fine
>>> filtering other fields.

James,

Are you trying to filter off emails received or sent to the email address
below or is the email address below actually referenced in the body of the
email.

Thank you

--
> no error, i just created a rule like this:
>
> Apply this rule after the message arrives
> with MyCriteriaAs@anEmailAddress.com in the body
> mark it as high importance
>
> what im trying to do is trigger an action when postmater@mydomain.com
> bounces an email to me. it seems like i can't check the body of these
> messages from postmaster. but i can check the body on all other 'normal'
> email messages to me.
>

> "Francine Otterson" <outlook@sdnetweb.com> wrote in message
>> James,
>>
>> Can you provide more information.  Do you have a rule setup that is not
>> working?  Does it give you an error?
>>
>> --
>> Francine Otterson
>> President, San Diego Outlook User Group
>> "James" <IDontWantToGetSpammed@NotaRealEmail.com> wrote in message
>>> how come my rules are not filtering the body of messages? they work fine
>>> filtering other fields.

0
outlook3306 (110)
9/12/2005 7:12:24 PM
in the body...

> James,
>
> Are you trying to filter off emails received or sent to the email address
> below or is the email address below actually referenced in the body of the
> email.
>
> Thank you
>
> --
> Francine Otterson
> President, San Diego Outlook User Group
> "James" <IDontWantToGetSpammed@NotaRealEmail.com> wrote in message
>> no error, i just created a rule like this:
>>
>> Apply this rule after the message arrives
>> with MyCriteriaAs@anEmailAddress.com in the body
>> mark it as high importance
>>
>> what im trying to do is trigger an action when postmater@mydomain.com
>> bounces an email to me. it seems like i can't check the body of these
>> messages from postmaster. but i can check the body on all other 'normal'
>> email messages to me.
>>

>> "Francine Otterson" <outlook@sdnetweb.com> wrote in message
>>> James,
>>>
>>> Can you provide more information.  Do you have a rule setup that is not
>>> working?  Does it give you an error?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Francine Otterson
>>> President, San Diego Outlook User Group
>>> "James" <IDontWantToGetSpammed@NotaRealEmail.com> wrote in message

James <IDontWantToGetSpammed@NotaRealEmail.com> wrote:

> how come my rules are not filtering the body of messages? they work
> fine filtering other fields.

Are the messages Plain Text, Rich Text, or HTML.  Rules that process the
body don't work well, if at all, if the body isn't Plain Text.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
9/14/2005 5:09:45 PM
plain text...

> James <IDontWantToGetSpammed@NotaRealEmail.com> wrote:
>
>> how come my rules are not filtering the body of messages? they work
>> fine filtering other fields.
>
> Are the messages Plain Text, Rich Text, or HTML.  Rules that process the
> body don't work well, if at all, if the body isn't Plain Text.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Outlook 2003 cant see email body
I upgraded a machine from outlook 2000 to outlook 2003. I cannot view the body of the emails. they are listed in the folders and the autopreview shows the fiorst three lines on most of them but the html body seems to have disappeared. This applies to newly received as well as old emails. ...

outlook 2003sp3: applying the inbuilt junkmail filter on existing messages?
hi all, would like to apply the outlook junk mail filter, with settings set to 'high', on emails already in my inbox. is there any way of doing this? apologies if this has been posted before, I've made a couple of searches but can't find anything... many thanks! No, there's no way to apply the spam filter to already downloaded items. <spam@redo.net> wrote in message news:1137601837.257355.134230@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > hi all, > > would like to apply the outlook junk mail filter, with settings set to > 'high', on emails already in my...

Connect/work offline/cancel message
In outlook 2003 connecting to SBS/Exchange 2003 server, get message: Exchange is currently in recovery mode you can connect, work offline, or cancel. This is only happening in a few computers on the network after implementing SBS 2003 with Outlook and Exchange 2003. ...

Downloading multiple messages
All of a sudden outlook has started downloading multiple messages from my pop account (ie 22 of the same) It is also sending out 22 of the same message. How can I resolve this issue? What version of Outlook do you have? Does it download duplicates of *all* messages, or just of one or two messages? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "GW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005101c3bf4c$e748bf30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > All of a sudden outlook has started do...

Message Tracking Center
Hi, I have enabled Message Tracking on my Exchange 2000, and everythime I do a search to track all meassage for that day, I get hundreds if not thousands of messages. Most of them have /C=US;A as the sender (What does this means?). Also most of these emails have no subjects either (What does this means too). Some of them do have subjects. Is this spam email coming to our organization or going out from us. Can someone direct me to some good source, either MS knowledge based or Internet link that explains in full details how to utilize Message Tracking Center. Thank you, LT These are sy...

Importing Messages From Another Mail Program
I just set up outlook express 6.00.2900.2180 for XP SP2 and wish to import my messages and folders from Netscape 7.0 mail and when I follow the instructions and click on the netscape Local Folder inbox file, I get a message from outlook that says there aren't any messages in the file. I tried to mail the files as attachments but that didn't work. Is there some other way to export these messages .to outlook express. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is...

New message opens up behind outlook window
Everytime I click new in my inbox to open a new message, the new message pops up behind the main oulook window. does anyone know how to make this stop? ...

Intelligent Message Filter Installation Failure
I've tried installing the Intelligent Message Filter on a Windows 2000 SP4 Exchange 2003 SP1 server. The installation fails at around 98% with the following error: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. a program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. contact your support personnel or package vendor. I tried downloading it again, and had the same results. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Excel 2003 Copy/Paste filtered column
I have a filtered column on my spreadsheet. I have copied the column, changed the figures and then tried to paste it back on to the filtered column. It is not copying over the original filtered column but rather over cells that have been filtered out. The worksheet/cells are not protected. What could the problem be? Kind Regards Heather That's the way pasting works. It'll hit the visible and hidden cells. Heather wrote: > > I have a filtered column on my spreadsheet. I have copied the column, > changed the figures and then tried to paste it back on to the filter...

Error message #5
Excel 2000 - Try to save workbook as Excel 97 - 2000 & 5.0/95. Receive error message " An error occurred and this feature is no longer functioning properly. Would you like to repair the feature now?" If you say YES I get an "Internal Error 2709." Does anyone know how to determine what feature the error message is referring to and how to repair the issue randy ...

Intelligent Message Filter (IMF) SCL for Junk E-mail being ignored
I have Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise SP1, and I recently downloaded and installed Intelligent Message Filter. In Message Delivery Properties -> Intelligent Message Filtering, I have - Gateway Blocking Configuration SCL 8 - Store Junk E-mail Configuration SCL 8 All users have Outlook 2003 Professional installed. Although I have SCL set to 8 for "Store Junk E-mail Configuration", Messages with SCL 6 and others with SCL as low as 3 are being sent to the Junk E-Mail folder. I am able to see the SCL of the emails because I installed an SCL Column via Forms using th...

Adding an "I'm out of the Office" Message
Re Outlook Express. I can't find anywhere on the index about how to send one of those "I will be out of the office from July blah blah to August blah blah." Anyone help, please? thanks-- Richard Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexp...

2003 Outlook email only downloads headers, not the full message
When I attempt to open an email I receive " This is a message header. The full item has not been downloaded." At INBOX, ALT CTRL-S >SEND/RECEIVE GROUP>All Accounts>EDIT >displays an option to display headers only or the entire message including the attachment. In the grayed out area, I can see that a dot in the display headers only section. Due to the gray out I cannot chooose the alternate selection. How can I access the alternate choice? Which mail account type are you using? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft O...

VBA Error Message "Compile Error...."
I used a macro from Ron's website to mail each worksheet to the email address in cell a1. I ran this macro and it worked perfectly for one workbook BUT... when I tried to use it for another workbook I got the follwing error message "Microsoft Visual Basic Compile Error Can't find project or library Ok Help". Help me please... do I have to check some more references in the VBA tools? Thanks, Steve Hi Steve Have you set the reference to Outlook in that other workbook also ? You must do that in every workbook or you can use Late binding. See my site for a example --...

Public folder issue, "messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
I'm running a SBS2003 domain and just added a public folder and a customized form for entry into the public folder. All of our clients (all XP Pro, Outlook 2003 with all updates) can get to that folder and use the form without any difficulty except for one. On one computer I get the classic "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." error message. I have tried a repair install, no change. I have tried making a new profile, no change. I have tried adding / removing his PST file (currently he's not even using a pst file...

Error message when signing into Great Plains
I have a problem when setting up MS Great Plain. When I log into a company (E.G. company ABC), I receive an error message says "Decrypt Job Cost Creation Failed", I press OK, and the program just continues to run. Is there anyone know what is this message is about and how to resolve this problem?? Thank you very much This error is generated by the Wennsoft Products dictionary. Most times it relates to not installing the Wennsoft product from the SETUP.EXE. This is necessary as it installs and registers a couple DLL files, specifically WSREGKEYM.DLL and WSWRAPPER.DLL Refer to th...

Word 2007 Error message
Hello, I'm currently using Works Suite 2006. I am attempting to intall the Word 2007 upgrade to no avail as I receiving the following error message: SET-UP ERROR D:\wordR.ww\osetup.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present I would appreciate any advice and/or suggestions so that I can install Word 2007. Ciao, Jerry Sorry Jerry but this is Microsoft Access forum. You need to post this question to a different group to find any useful help. "Jerry T" <Jerry T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45E64C3-D080-405E-9159-CB3E7F73AFFC@micr...

Junk E-Mail filter unavailable in online mode
We had Outlook 2003 clients on an Exch 2000 server, and, as expected, the Junk E-Mail filter was not available when working in online mode. In cached mode it was working fine. Now, after upgrading the organization and server to Exch 2003, the Junk E-Mail filter is still not available in online mode. According to all the MS documentation this should be working. Any ideas? Thanks kindly, FV All of the documentation that I have know of says that it works on in Cache Mode. Can you give us a link to the documentation that you saw that shows it will work with online profiles? Thanks, -- Matth...

Message to Kevin Panzke. Just FYI
So what ever happened to the guy you were complaining about over a year ago? Did the FBI come and haul his ass away. Just FYI? If You Do Not Go Away, I Am Going 2 Place A Call With Both The FBI And The kevpan81 posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 10:43 PM If You Do Not Go Away, I Am Going 2 Place A Call With Both The FBI And The USDOJ, Just FYI. President Bush And I Are Good Friends After All, His Lovely Christmas Card That he Sent Me Last Year Proves It, Just FYI. Gordo's Psychiatrist wrote: <snip - trash content from a troll> Guess I'll have to mo...

Atttached messages to emails.
One of my employees has the following message attached to both his incoming and outgoing emails. Has anyone experienced this and how do we delete it? No one else seems to have this problem. It is not a part of his signature.I have also tried contacting this company directly to cease and desist but no response. Here is attached message. Hope someone can help. >>> FREE spam killer: http://eliminatespam.com * FREE PopUp Buster+: http://popupbuster.net * FREE e-mail: http://riskfreemail.com I'm guessing he has a spamkiller add-in installed on his machine. Go to Control P...

Picture in message appears bigger than original
I'm using Outlook 2003. I have this problem with adding pictures in messages. When ever I add a picture in a message(not as attachment), the picture looks much bigger than it actually is. The funny thing is that, when I check the size of the image in the message it shows to be the same size as what it should be, say 1 inch height and width. But looking at it in the message it looks like it's about 30% bigger. I don't want to adjust the pic everytime I send a message with a pic pasted in it. I'm using winxp pro as well. Any suggestions? Thanks for helping. Pri...

Paid Sales Transaction Removal error message
Hola Familia When I try to do run a "Paid Sales Transaction Removal" against a specify customer (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Routines >> Sales >> Paid Transaction Removal) in Dynamics GP 10 with SQL 2005, I get the following error: [Microsoft] [SQL Native Client] [SQL Server] Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint ‘PKRM30101’. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.RM30101'. I searched for the error message in Customer Source Knowledge base and found Article ID : 861084, which I followed and it showed the duplicate document (invoice...

"Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store" option problem
I want to backup the all message sent or received by mailboxes, I find that there is an option "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store " in Exchanger 2003. I had selected this option and forward to public folder. But I found that not all message will be archived. - All message sent by mailboxes can be archived - Some Messages come from mailboxes will not be archived Eg: yahoo, hotmail, and other company Is this option not archive this message ? Any other setting need to configure ? Dennis ...