How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the net

How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network
--
Rusty Nichols
Network Support Technician

The Journal folder works without Project being installed at all. It's an
integral part of Outlook. What functionality are you seeking?

"Rusty" <w_r_nichols_iii@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network

0
vince8328 (2733)
5/30/2006 5:47:29 PM
How can Journal potentially affect the Exchange server, and I would like more
information on Journal for a Outlook foundation class?

Thanks Vince!
--

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> The Journal folder works without Project being installed at all. It's an
> integral part of Outlook. What functionality are you seeking?
>
> "Rusty" <w_r_nichols_iii@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network

The Journal feature of Outlook is independent of Microsoft Project and does
not need it to run..
"Rusty" <w_r_nichols_iii@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network
> --
> Rusty Nichols
> Network Support Technician

0
gabtgurl (9)

Can not reset admin password under safe mode due to password policy?
Hi, all. I'll have to log into the default administrator account, because I can not do anything under the current standard user account status. I went to the safe mode, and tried to log into the admin account, but the password is forgotten. I built the reset password USB disk under the account before. Now I follow the instructions for resetting the password. However, the window popped up, and it said "ineffective password, the password length is too short, or ca not conform to the password policy. I've tried passwords of different lengths, such as 3,6,8,16, 20. All tempt...

Can't Send/Recieve
For some odd reason thins morning when I start Windows Mail it claims there are 'No new Messages.WM is set to 'Send and Recieve at Startup.' Also the Send/Recieve button is disabled. When I go online and access my email account with my it shows several emails sated today. I was using Windows Live Mail and had problems uninstalling it and reluctantly went and deleted the folder for Windows Live 'casue I don't use any of the other products. Any ideas, Thanks, James Somehow the account got removed. I recreated it and it's ok now. Thanks, Jame...

How can I drop the year from mm/dd/yyyy data?
I have a large data set consisting of values from multiple years that I would like to analyze by time of year. ie: I want to look at the month/day for each value while ignoring the year. Specifically I want to end up with a graph showing time of year (in months) across the x-axis and showing all my data points as if they were from this one hypothetical year. Seems like it should be simple but I can't seem to crack it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Hi, Try Format > Cells > Custom: dd/mm -Mark >-----Original Message----- >I have a large data set consisting of valu...

How can I convert text to all lowercase?
How can I convert text to all lowercase? I know that I can use the Format menu to convert a block of text to all uppercase, but is there any way to convert it to lowercase? If not with Excel, how about Word, DOS, any other way. I'm using Excel 7.0 (Office 95). Thanks in advance! Take a look at David McRitchie's Lower() Macro (I believe it will work in XL7): http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#lower In article <20031207155812.23043.00000330@mb-m27.aol.com>, hbyardsale@aol.comnetorg (HBYardSale) wrote: > How can I convert text to all lowercase? > &g...

Invoice deleted in Batch, can't re-invoice.
We shipped one line of a multi line sales order. We accidentally deleted the batch that contained the invoice. The line item will not let us fulfill again, or re-invoice. To get the invoice we re-added another line item. Now we need to delete the original line item, but it won't let us delete, it says "Item has previous qtys and cannot be deleted." When we print the packing list the messed up line item shows. Can we get rid if that line item somehow? -- Sheri Salomone THANKS! When you transfer a Sales Order to an Invoice, it updates all the quantities for you. If you adde...

Outlook Client install hangs at MSDE sqlredis.exe
I see a number of people seem to have had the problem where an installation of the Sales for Outlook client just hangs about 30 seconds into the MSDE part of the install. It seems to get stuck with the sqlredis.exe process. Well on the strengh of what Microsoft support recommended, I suspected it might have something to do with my wireless/bluetooth connections and software to syncronise my cell phone with Outlook. So I killed off as many processes in my task manager I could find that seemed related to these, and the install worked! ...

Problem with Excel add-in and .NET
I have developed an Excel add-in for a customer. The add-in enables users to retrieve data from a database by using WorkSheet functions defined in the xla file. The xla file has references to a .NET component (.dll). To be be able to use the component from Excel I have used regasm.exe to create a type library (tlb file) The User writes in a cell =Quote('31/12/2009';'MSFT') and Microsofts stock quote shows up. These functions are heavily used in a excel workbook. Since the spreadsheet is big and there's a lot of data to retrieve, it takes about 20 seconds to op...

Performance problem in Vista Windows explorer if /SWAPRUN:NET is set on an executable.
I have rather big executables (about 25-35 MB). Because I want my users to easily execute my application, I don't want them to install a bunch of DLL's, just xcopy-install is OK for me (and my customers). Because my software is often run from a network drive, and my customers' networks are not always reliable, I link my executables using the /SWAPRUN:NET option. This guarantees that the whole EXE is loaded in memory before the application starts, and prevents crashes if the network connection is dropped while my application is running. This worked fine so far, BUT ... under...

Why Can't I Access Internet Links
I use Windows XP and IE 7 and suddenly one day I was unable to access internet links that were sent to me thru regular emails to my Microsoft Outlook. Any idea how to fix it? Thanks. What happens when you try? Any error messages? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com "amirstal" <amirstal@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d7decb35-157c-4438-82bd-24a2536d347f@m36g2...

in CRM Mobile, Can we assign / apply rules ?
Both in CRM Mobile and Mobile Express, I didn't see any function about assign / apply rules / convert ... These functions are not available out of box. You can however, create workflow rules that "watches" for some changes to field records so it can be triggered wheneven those fields are updated by CRM Mobile or Mobile Express. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Goldensun" wrote: > Both in CRM Mobile and Mobile Express, I didn't see any function about assign > / apply rules / convert ... ...

can't access public folders with OWA
Hi, I have Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 Installed everything works fine, except when trying to access Public folders via Outlook Web Access, after going to the location its asks for username and password - this works ok and the folder is displayed, but when trying to add a folder or post a note or do anything I get: You are not authorized to view this page You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. I have tested on client machines, remote machine and the exchange server as administrator with no luck. does anyone have any...

Can Excel generate a 3-D scatter plot?
I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? Hi Andy Pope has 'tricked' one: http://andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm But you probably go for MathCad :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "zzzfizz" <zzzfizz@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BA2BEAB6-63E1-46E7-816F-B282C590C3D9@microsoft.com... > I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go > buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? ...

Can an email be read without internet connection?
Am downloading an email to CD, but the computer I need the CD for has no internet connection at present. Can I read & print the email without access to internet? This is an HP notebook & the computer I need to read & print the CD in is an IBM Aptiva 247. Hula Girl wrote: > Am downloading an email to CD, but the computer I need the CD for has > no internet connection at present. Can I read & print the email > without access to internet? This is an HP notebook & the computer I > need to read & print the CD in is an IBM Aptiva 247. Not sure what you mean b...

How can you set up a form that the cursor only moves to cells tha.
I have set up a form. Now I want my cusor to move through the worksheet only in certain cells. I want to be able to go from one cell that needs to be filled out to the next cell that needs to be filled out automatically. Example , move from cell a3 to c19 automatically. How can I do that? Hi! You can accomplish that by setting sheet protection. Select all the cells that you want to be able to navigate to then goto Format>Cells>Protection tab. Uncheck Locked. Now, goto Tools>Protection>Protect sheet. A list of options will appear. Uncheck Select locked cells and check...

How can I autofill dates having a blank cell between each day?
Hi Dee, Enter a date in cell A1 (eg 5/13/08), enter the next day's date in cell A3 (eg 5/14/08). Select cells A1 trough to A4 (ie select two dates and two blank cells). See the little dot at the bottom right of the selection rectangle? Click on that (the cursor will change to a cross when you are over the right spot) and drag it down as far as you want. Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com ...

Can't set Date Properties.
I am working with data that has dates set as text. So in a query I am using a variable that sets the text to a date suing CDATE. At least I thought it did. I notice that in forms etc when I try to set the date property to long, medium etc, there is nothing to choose so presumably it is not a date after all! Any idea what I'm doing wrong please. Cheers. Roger --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.673 / Virus Database: 435 - Release Date: 01/05/2004 Sorted. I hadn't set the function as a date. Well I am n...

CRM 3.0 Install Problems
We're trying to upgrade a dev instance of CRM 1.2 to 3.0. It gets partway through the installation before it fails, giving this error message: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. Execution of a full-text operation failed. The parameter is incorrect. Looking at the log, it looks like this is where it fails: 15:00:38| Info| Disable full-text indexing 15:00:44| Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Execution of a full-text operation failed....

can't convert jpg or other into publisher
I reinstalled publisher after reformatting my xp Dell. Now publisher will not convert image into the page where I want a picture. I can scan one in, but can't import clip art or a picture located elsewhere. I can import a picture into word. I reinstalled publisher again and same thing. I put it on a friends computer and everything works fine - I'm puzzled. What are they referring to when it's saying can't convert the image - also mentions a graphic filter?? I need help. Jeanne Importing from where? Are you using the Clip Gallery or Organizer? If you are trying to import ...

Microsoft project resources
Hi New to project, Can I allocate 2 sets of resources and how do I do it.? Hi, I'm afraid you cannot allocate a "set of resources". You can define a resource that represents a group of people (say "painters") with a capacity (Max. Units) equal to the number of resources you have (say 500%) and then allocate that resource to tasks - but you cannnot tel Project that "painters" equald Joe, Jim, Francis or Harry - whatever individual resources. It's either or: the "skill" resource or the individual one(s) But once you can ...

Microsoft Project Plan for Great Plains Installation
Does anyone have a microsoft project plan for Great Plains implementation? I will backup what Richard says. We have template built form the upgrade manual, then customize that for each client that we upgrade. My boss considers that proprietary information, so I can't share. Sorry... David "Richard L. Whaley" wrote: > In 37 years of implementing systems, I have found that any pre-written > implementation plan is incorrect. They need to be custom written based on > your firm's needs and requirements. > > -- > Richard L. Whaley > Author / Consult...

Add new record using first available non-numeric ID; update two ta
Access 2003, Windows XP Pro SP2 I have two tables, tblDed and tblVendor. tblDed contains two columns (DedID and Avail). The first column contains a list of all DedIDs allowed to be used. The second is a Yes/No choice indicating whether or not that DedID has been used already. tblVendor contains multiple columns with misc. data relevant to the Vendor. I want to create a form that will accomplish three things: 1. Use the next available unused DedID when a command button on a referring menu page (frmMenu, btnNew) is pressed. 2. Mark the now-used DedID in tblDed as "No" - no ...

Can the visible gridlines on a sheet be removed?
Is there a way to remove all or just a section of the grid on a spread sheet? Not for printing, I know how to do that. I have several charts on a sheet but I want the grid lines on the sheet to be non-visible so it looks like a blank sheet. Toby Erkson Oregon, USA highlight the area>format>patterns>fill color white -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com <Toby Erkson> wrote in message news:cvv490lu6ohp1d56i71k555ke3m092jf2s@4ax.com... > Is there a way to remove all or just a section of the grid on a spread sheet? Not for printing, I know how to do that. ...

RFID Use with Access
I am looking to find the steps necessary to make Access ready to interface RFID information captured from passive RFID devices. I would appreciate anyone in the group sharing this how-to with me. Zachry1 <Zachry1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am looking to find the steps necessary to make Access ready to interface >RFID information captured from passive RFID devices. You should really be looking to the vendor of the RFID capture devices. They should have DLLs/OCXs which you can install and sample code. VB 6 code usually works just fine in Access. Tony -- Tony Toews...

OL2003 uses 100% of CPU resources after shutdown
If leaving my computer on over night with OL2003 with Business Contact Manager (BCM) running usually results in OL2003 stop responding but maintain 100% CPU usage. Even shutting down OL2003 w/BCM does not free up the CPU, which still shows OL2003 claiming 100% CPU usage. This also prevents my computer from going into power standby mode. How do I resolve this issue? ...

can send but not reply mail in outlook 2003
Hi there, I have a strange problem: I can send but not reply to external mail in outlook 2003. Anyone have the answer? Thanks Malcolm "ms" <keppeltt@d1.com.sg> wrote in news:#tT#qAv9EHA.2568 @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl: > Hi there, > I have a strange problem: I can send but not reply to external mail in > outlook 2003. Anyone have the answer? > > Thanks > Malcolm > > > What happens when you try? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Stockholm Consulting Group/KSG http://www.scgab.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr...