How can I stop Outlook downloading fonts from incoming messages and use only those installed?

When I receive a message in Outlook with a font I don't have installed
it takes a while whilst Outlook downloads the font. Can I switch off
this feature so that the only fonts that show are those that are
already installed.

Peter <usenet_AT_tecno.demon.co.uk@JUNKBLOCK.COM> wrote:

> When I receive a message in Outlook with a font I don't have installed
> it takes a while whilst Outlook downloads the font. Can I switch off
> this feature so that the only fonts that show are those that are
> already installed.

You don't state your version of Outlook, but with Outlook 2003, see if this
helps:  Click Tools>Options>Mail Format>Fonts and select the "Always use my
fonts" radio button.  I don't know that that will do what you want, as I
can't try it, but it's the closest thing I can see.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
6/9/2005 12:55:24 PM
>You don't state your version of Outlook, but with Outlook 2003, see if this
>helps:  Click Tools>Options>Mail Format>Fonts and select the "Always use my
>fonts" radio button.  I don't know that that will do what you want, as I
>can't try it, but it's the closest thing I can see.

Thanks Brian, I am using Outlook 2003 and it seems I already have the
radio button setting selected for 'Always use my fonts.'

Now I am puzzled! When I get certain incoming messages, normally those
with non-standard fonts Outlook pauses for a few seconds before
displaying the message. I suspected it was fetching/downloading the
fonts but perhaps this is not the case. The pause is just a nuisance
as it slows the rate at which I can discard the unwanted messages in t
he inbox.

In 99% of cases these messages are junk so I was prepared to configure
Outlook so that it cannot properly display messages with anything
other than a handful of standard fonts; arial, courier etc ...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Outlook Sales

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Using Relative path for XML data file?

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Blue screen crash Stop: 0x0000008E
Whenever im playing a game, or surfing the internet, every once in awhile(pretty recent now) my computer will totally freeze up and i get the blue screen with that error code on it. it tells me to restart if this is the first time or contact an administer. I've gone to microsoft updates and fully updated everything i could, what else could possibly be causing this? CodyE wrote: > Whenever im playing a game, or surfing the internet, every once in > awhile(pretty recent now) my computer will totally freeze up and i get the > blue screen with that error code on it. it ...

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

how do i increase font size beyond 72
highlighting figure in font size box and trying to put larger number in myself does not do it. is there another way? thanks High-light the number, type your number, hit return. It that doesn't work for you, on the toolbar, format, font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Polly Vincent" <Polly Vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BDAEB5E-C30C-4721-BB51-F89C1B4332E2@microsoft.com... > highlighting figure in font ...

message delivery problems

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Document Viewer installer error