How can I save an email in Outlook to offline storage?

I am new to Outlook.  Previously, I saved my emails, after reading, to a zip
disk, in a WORD document, and organized them according to subject.  I cannot
find a way in Outlook 2003 to do this.  There is no "save" or "save as" in
the Files list; it is greyed out.  How can I continue to save my emails as I
desire?
0
SandyC (5)

If you open a mail item you can use the File menu > Save option there to
save an item individually or you can copy/export them to another PST file
for storage together with other mail items/folders

"Sandyc" <Sandyc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am new to Outlook.  Previously, I saved my emails, after reading, to a
>zip
> disk, in a WORD document, and organized them according to subject.  I
> cannot
> find a way in Outlook 2003 to do this.  There is no "save" or "save as" in
> the Files list; it is greyed out.  How can I continue to save my emails as
> desire?

0
vince8328 (2733)
1/23/2006 11:24:33 AM
it's grayed out when you have one or more messages selected? It shouldn't
be... and it should work exactly like it did before.

What type of Email account do you use? If you are using a personal folders
for storing your messages, is it an old one you used with older versions of
outlook or one outlook 2003 created for you?

--
"Sandyc" <Sandyc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am new to Outlook.  Previously, I saved my emails, after reading, to a
>zip
> disk, in a WORD document, and organized them according to subject.  I
> cannot
> find a way in Outlook 2003 to do this.  There is no "save" or "save as" in
> the Files list; it is greyed out.  How can I continue to save my emails as
> desire?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
1/23/2006 2:34:47 PM
After posting this question, I discovered that when I highlight the email
identified in the "inbox" rather than the actual message, the File "save as"
does display so I can save it to my zip disk.  Initiallly, I placed my cursor
in the message and tried to "File", "Save As" and that is when the "Save" and
"Save As" are greyed out.

Thanks for the responses and sorry to have bothered you.

"Sandyc" wrote:

> I am new to Outlook.  Previously, I saved my emails, after reading, to a zip
> disk, in a WORD document, and organized them according to subject.  I cannot
> find a way in Outlook 2003 to do this.  There is no "save" or "save as" in
> the Files list; it is greyed out.  How can I continue to save my emails as I
> desire?
0
SandyC (5)

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

New Disk storage

hyperlinking email addresses

Outlook 2003

cant start outlook pst file to large

Offline defragmentation for Priv1
Hello, I have an Exchange 2000 standard server running for a long time. Now the priv1.edb is over 12GB. I have to move mailboxes from priv1 to other storage groups. After the movement, the priv1 has a lot of free space inside the database. I want to have an offline defragmentation to reduce the file so that the backup window can be shorter. I know there are some Exchange service accounts like Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector, SMTP, System Attendant, SystemMailbox, etc. are stored in the priv1 database. When I dismount the priv1 for the offline deframentation, does the Exchange ...

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

can't customize toolbar

"Save" preferences getting lost
List members: I work on long documents and want to save my work frequently. Every time I set the "Save" preference to a brief interval like five or ten minutes, the preferences seemingly resets itself to a default of thirty minutes. I'm using Word 2008 for the Mac on an Intel running 10.6.2. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. - Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: That indicates that your user ID does not have permission to write to the preference file that Word is using, or that something is replacing the preference file. With the help of your System...

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

saving and distributing a customized desktop
If there a way to customize one desktop and then copy the file to the other workstations so that they are set up the same way? I get calls all day from our users asking that I customizes their outlook to include some of the modifications I've made to my desk. We have Exchange Server and Outlook 2003 SP2. "Herb Segal" <herb@endlar.com> wrote in message news:Olsb5oBpKHA.5508@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > If there a way to customize one desktop and then copy the file to the other > workstations so that they are set up the same way? > > I get c...

Can anyone help ?

Incoming email slow to come in