How can I restore an accidentally deleted unread mail folder ?

Definitely a novice...I accidentally deleted my unread mail folder from my
mailbox instead of just deleting 1 unread email.  Ive been trying to figure
it out myself...but anything I read about how-to doesn't seem to cover my
exact blunder.  I will be forever grateful for some help !!!!
0
Sunny (35)

You can recreate the search folder if you deleted it by creating a new
search folder. Did you actually delete the folder or remove it from your
Favorite Folders?

"Sunny" <Sunny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Definitely a novice...I accidentally deleted my unread mail folder from my
> mailbox instead of just deleting 1 unread email.  Ive been trying to
> figure
> it out myself...but anything I read about how-to doesn't seem to cover my
> exact blunder.  I will be forever grateful for some help !!!!

0
vince8328 (2733)
10/4/2007 11:54:43 AM
Sunny <Sunny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Definitely a novice...I accidentally deleted my unread mail folder
> from my mailbox instead of just deleting 1 unread email.  Ive been
> trying to figure it out myself...but anything I read about how-to
> doesn't seem to cover my exact blunder.  I will be forever grateful
> for some help !!!!

Right-click Search Folders and choose "New Search Folder".  "Unread Mail"
will be the default folder created.  All you need to click is "OK".
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
10/4/2007 12:07:39 PM
Thank you so much for your help !!!

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> You can recreate the search folder if you deleted it by creating a new
> search folder. Did you actually delete the folder or remove it from your
> Favorite Folders?
>
> "Sunny" <Sunny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Definitely a novice...I accidentally deleted my unread mail folder from my
> > mailbox instead of just deleting 1 unread email.  Ive been trying to
> > figure
> > it out myself...but anything I read about how-to doesn't seem to cover my
> > exact blunder.  I will be forever grateful for some help !!!!

0
Sunny (35)
10/5/2007 6:12:01 AM
Thank you for your help...I appreciate it and it's fixed !!!

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Sunny <Sunny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Definitely a novice...I accidentally deleted my unread mail folder
> > from my mailbox instead of just deleting 1 unread email.  Ive been
> > trying to figure it out myself...but anything I read about how-to
> > doesn't seem to cover my exact blunder.  I will be forever grateful
> > for some help !!!!
>
> Right-click Search Folders and choose "New Search Folder".  "Unread Mail"
> will be the default folder created.  All you need to click is "OK".
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Sunny (35)
10/5/2007 6:13:00 AM
Brian:  You da man!!!!!!!!!!  Been trying to solve this issue for the last
hour after I did the same thing as Sunny.  Not only did the folder retore but
the 20 messages in the folder retored as well. TY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Sunny <Sunny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Definitely a novice...I accidentally deleted my unread mail folder
> > from my mailbox instead of just deleting 1 unread email.  Ive been
> > trying to figure it out myself...but anything I read about how-to
> > doesn't seem to cover my exact blunder.  I will be forever grateful
> > for some help !!!!
>
> Right-click Search Folders and choose "New Search Folder".  "Unread Mail"
> will be the default folder created.  All you need to click is "OK".
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
c (162)
8/30/2008 4:00:02 PM
"Dr C" <Dr C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Brian:  You da man!!!!!!!!!!  Been trying to solve this issue for the last
> hour after I did the same thing as Sunny.  Not only did the folder retore
> but
> the 20 messages in the folder retored as well. TY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you're happy.  The Unread Mail folder is not a real folder, so it
you had 20 unread messages in any folder of your delivery location,
recreating the Unread Mail folder would show them again.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Outlook Express Deletes Folders
Using Outlook Express. I went do delete an email from my created inbox folder (which then contains a number of sub- folders) by the usual "shift+delete" method and instead of bringing up the confirmation dialog that folder and all its subs just vanished! I have looked in the store folder and all the DBX files are just gone... I've just lost a few thousand emails from over 3 years, any ideas what has happend and maybe how I can get them back? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlo...

Wrong message with cascading deletes
A2003: Table Person linked 1 X M to table Activity. The relationship has its Referential Integrity checkbox and the Cascade Delete checkbox both checked. When I delete a person all related Activity records are deleted which is to be expected. According to http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=26115&seqNum=5 I should get the following message in this case: "Relationships that specify cascading deletes are about to cause 1 record(s) in this table and in related tables to be deleted. Are you sure you want to delete these records?" In stead I get: &quo...

CFile (delete file)

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

Offline folder problems #2

Public Folder link to Excel File

can i download lxce serv.exe

E-mail Router and Mail Delivery
All, I recently setup a router to with CRM 4.0 online but I'm running into problems with e-mail taking a very long time to be received. Is anyone running into this problem. I did see earlier posts but there was no solutions. Also, does anyone know if the router handles tracking if the user is setup with tracking for account, lead, etc... That is not working either for me. Thanks in advance for your support. Jamal When e-mail is generated through CRM, it goes into a pending status and then is delivered later usually about every 15 minutes. I don't completely understand ...

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

export/import Exchange mail
Please let me know if this can be done: 1. I have two Exchange servers running in different domains A and B 2. Server A has 10 users and have email and AD entries for these users 3. Server A is a new box and only has AD entries and no email in email boxes Is there a way to export the mail messages, and other records from the old Exchange mail boxes of the server A and then import it into the corresponding mailboxes of a new Server B? ibsys If they're in the same forest, the both Exchange servers should be in the same organization, and you can use the Move Mailbox Wizard. If they'...

how many receivers i can add

Setting up a new e-mail account

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Outlook Freezes when opening e mails
Has anyone seen a problem when opening a new mail message that arrives and your Outlook completely freezes and the the only way to get back into it is to end task on it and re open. As the user you can not delete the message. As an administrator you can open the users mailbox and delete the message for them. We are using Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2000 clients. Thanks Try removing the profile thru control panel>mail>show profiles and then recreating the profile. >Has anyone seen a problem when opening a new mail message >that arrives and your Outlook completely freezes a...

junk mail filter doesn't work with rules?
Hello, I receive mail from many pop3 accounts and mailing lists. I use rules to organize the mail within my mailbox. One problem I am having is that the junk mail filter does not screen mail that is affected by the rules. So for instance, I get an email from some alternate account that I have. The mail comes in and gets picked up by the rule and moved to the appropriate folder. When this happens, the junk mail filter never checks the message. Only mail left in the Inbox is screened. Can someone help figure out how to make this work or does anyone have a workaround? I'd hate to ...