How can I prioritize tasks by number in Outlook 2007?

I am trying to create a custom priority for my tasks in Outlook 2007, but I'm
not able to edit the field that was created when I changed the settings to
include a custom priority.  I'm trying to put a number into it, so that I can
sort my tasks in a certain category by number, but I'm not able to.
0
peturpin (1)

We aren't watching you and your explanation is missing details.

Where in Outlook are you trying to view the Tasks? There are 3 places to see
Tasks.

If in the Task Folder, what View are you in?  If in Tasks folder you
probably need to turn on in-line editing.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Trainer and Consultant   www.pragmatix.com.au
Outlook 2003 user?  Read "7 settings all Outlook 2003 users should change"
on my website.

..
"peturpin" <peturpin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to create a custom priority for my tasks in Outlook 2007, but
>I'm
> not able to edit the field that was created when I changed the settings to
> include a custom priority.  I'm trying to put a number into it, so that I
> can
> sort my tasks in a certain category by number, but I'm not able to.

0
Judy
7/17/2008 3:45:12 AM
In the Field Chooser, under All Task fields, there is a field called
Custom Priority.  If I add that field to my Tasks view (simple list),
a blnak column is added.  It doesn't let me type in the field.  I see
no way to build a custom priority list (as it's done with
categories).  The context menu is unhelpful.  How can I use this field?
Be sure to turn on in cell editing.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

How to ask a question:
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

After furious head scratching, jay.meerdink@gmail.com asked:

| In the Field Chooser, under All Task fields, there is a field called
| Custom Priority.  If I add that field to my Tasks view (simple list),
| a blnak column is added.  It doesn't let me type in the field.  I see
| no way to build a custom priority list (as it's done with
| categories).  The context menu is unhelpful.  How can I use this
| field?
0
Milly
7/26/2008 1:42:45 AM
I can edit all other columns in the tasks view, just not Custom
Priority.
have you turned on In-Cell Editing?

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

How to ask a question:
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

After furious head scratching, jay.meerdink@gmail.com asked:

| I can edit all other columns in the tasks view, just not Custom
| Priority.
0
Milly
8/4/2008 3:48:43 PM
Right-click on column header, select "Customize Current View...".
Under "Other Settings...", the option "Allow in-cell editing" was
already checked.
On Aug 4, 1:37=A0pm, jay.meerd...@gmail.com wrote:
> Right-click on column header, select "Customize Current View...".
> Under "Other Settings...", the option "Allow in-cell editing" was
> already checked.

After furious head scratching, jay wonders if you have any other
ideas...
Not without seeing the original post - since you removed it, it is no longer
on the news server.  (I mark all read after 2 days)

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, jay.meerdink@gmail.com asked:

| On Aug 4, 1:37 pm, jay.meerd...@gmail.com wrote:
|| Right-click on column header, select "Customize Current View...".
|| Under "Other Settings...", the option "Allow in-cell editing" was
|| already checked.
|
| After furious head scratching, jay wonders if you have any other
| ideas...

0
Milly
8/13/2008 2:43:07 AM

Your reply ******

My response ******

Right-click on column header, select "Customize Current View...".
Under "Other Settings...", the option "Allow in-cell editing" was
already checked.
I just tried it and you truly cannot enter data in the custom priority view.
I have not had a chance to research this but let me ask among my MVP peers
to see what they have to say about it.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, jay.meerdink@gmail.com asked:

| On Aug 12, 10:43 pm, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever>
| wrote:
|| Not without seeing the original post - since you removed it, it is
|| no longer on the news server. (I mark all read after 2 days)
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
|| How to ask a question:http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
|| After furious head scratching, jay.meerd...@gmail.com asked:
||| After furious head scratching, jay wonders if you have any other
||| ideas...
|

| In the Field Chooser, under All Task fields, there is a field called
| Custom Priority.  If I add that field to my Tasks view (simple list),
| a blnak column is added.  It doesn't let me type in the field.  I see
| no way to build a custom priority list (as it's done with
| categories).  The context menu is unhelpful.  How can I use this
| field?
|

| Your reply ******
|

| Be sure to turn on in cell editing.

0
Milly
8/15/2008 2:26:18 AM
On Aug 14, 10:26=A0pm, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever>
wrote:
> I just tried it and you truly cannot enter data in the custom priority vi=
ew.
> I have not had a chance to research this but let me ask among my MVP peer=
> to see what they have to say about it.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> How to ask a question:http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>
> After furious head scratching, jay.meerd...@gmail.com asked:
>
> | On Aug 12, 10:43 pm, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever>| wrote=
:

> || Not without seeing the original post - since you removed it, it is
> || no longer on the news server. (I mark all read after 2 days)
> || --
> || Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> || Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> || How to ask a question:http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
> || After furious head scratching, jay.meerd...@gmail.com asked:
> |

> | In the Field Chooser, under All Task fields, there is a field called
> | Custom Priority. =A0If I add that field to my Tasks view (simple list),
> | a blnak column is added. =A0It doesn't let me type in the field. =A0I s=
ee
> | no way to build a custom priority list (as it's done with
> | categories). =A0The context menu is unhelpful. =A0How can I use this
> | field?
> |

> | Your reply ******
> |

> | Be sure to turn on in cell editing.

Hi Milly - Any feedback on this guy?
wrote:
> I just tried it and you truly cannot enter data in the custom priority vi=
ew.
> I have not had a chance to research this but let me ask among my MVP peer=
> to see what they have to say about it.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> How to ask a question:http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>
> After furious head scratching, jay.meerd...@gmail.com asked:
>
> | On Aug 12, 10:43 pm, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever>| wrote=
:

> || Not without seeing the original post - since you removed it, it is
> || no longer on the news server. (I mark all read after 2 days)
> || --
> || Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> || Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> || How to ask a question:http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
> || After furious head scratching, jay.meerd...@gmail.com asked:
> |

> | In the Field Chooser, under All Task fields, there is a field called
> | Custom Priority. =A0If I add that field to my Tasks view (simple list),
> | a blnak column is added. =A0It doesn't let me type in the field. =A0I s=
ee
> | no way to build a custom priority list (as it's done with
> | categories). =A0The context menu is unhelpful. =A0How can I use this
> | field?
> |

> | Your reply ******
> |

> | Be sure to turn on in cell editing.

Hey!  What do your peers tell you?
On Sep 22, 5:42=A0pm, jay.meerd...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Aug 14, 10:26=A0pm, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever>
> wrote:
>

> > I just tried it and you truly cannot enter data in the custom priority =
view.
> > I have not had a chance to research this but let me ask among my MVP pe=
ers
> > to see what they have to say about it.
>
> > --
> > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> > Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> > How to ask a question:http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>
> > After furious head scratching, jay.meerd...@gmail.com asked:
>
> > | On Aug 12, 10:43 pm, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever>| wro=
te:

> > | In the Field Chooser, under All Task fields, there is a field called
> > | Custom Priority. =A0If I add that field to my Tasks view (simple list=
),
> > | a blnak column is added. =A0It doesn't let me type in the field. =A0I=
 see
> > | no way to build a custom priority list (as it's done with
> > | categories). =A0The context menu is unhelpful. =A0How can I use this
> > | field?
> > |

> > | Your reply ******
> > |

> > | Be sure to turn on in cell editing.
>
> Hey! =A0What do your peers tell you?- Hide quoted text -

After furious head scratching, I wonder why this thread died?  Still
an issue.

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Counting number of X's in a column

Trying to find out which numbers occure most often
I�m giving exams to students and want to see if the students are missin the same questions in every class. I have a simple spreadsheet tha has me enter the question number into the column each time a questio is missed. The MODE function can tell me which number is occurrin most often. However, I need to see if there is any other numbers tha are occurring often as well. Is there a command that will allow me to look at the second mos entered number? For example, if I have 5,3,3,2,3,4,3,4,1,3,4, my mod would be 3 as that�s the number that repeats the most. However, happens 3 times and that...

Crash on 'Send"

Excel 2007

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Grammar check not working

can't customize toolbar

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

cant start outlook pst file to large

Default Roles and Tasks in Canadian Payroll
Installs of Dynamics GP version 10 should have default Security Tasks and Roles pre-installed. Currently all tasks and roles have to be built from scratch - causing many customers to delay migration to the version 10. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. h...