How can I print just a selection of an email in Outlook 2003? The printer
driver window is different from the one that comes up in Outlook Express.

Thank you!
0
Murphie (3)

You can do this for HTML formatted messages. Highlight your text, File->
Print... and select to print only the selection

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Murphie" <Murphie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I print just a selection of an email in Outlook 2003? The printer
> driver window is different from the one that comes up in Outlook Express.
>
> Thank you!

0
Roady
10/20/2004 5:59:54 PM
Only if it's HTML? Not if it's plain text or Rich Text? I tried to change the
email's format to HTML but it's grayed out. Maybe I need to change to
preferences?

Anyway, Thank you very much!
Murphie

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> You can do this for HTML formatted messages. Highlight your text, File->
> Print... and select to print only the selection
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>
> -----
> "Murphie" <Murphie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can I print just a selection of an email in Outlook 2003? The printer
> > driver window is different from the one that comes up in Outlook Express.
> >
> > Thank you!

0
Murphie (3)
10/20/2004 6:25:05 PM
Yes, because it uses the Internet Explorer printing preferences.

To convert a message to a different format first make it editable by Edit->
Edit Message...
Note that you cannot direcly convert from Rich Text to HTML; convert it to
Plain Text first.

--

> Only if it's HTML? Not if it's plain text or Rich Text? I tried to change
> the
> email's format to HTML but it's grayed out. Maybe I need to change to
> preferences?
>
> Anyway, Thank you very much!
> Murphie
>
> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You can do this for HTML formatted messages. Highlight your text, File->
>> Print... and select to print only the selection
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
>> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>>
>> -----
>> "Murphie" <Murphie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How can I print just a selection of an email in Outlook 2003? The
>> > printer
>> > driver window is different from the one that comes up in Outlook
>> > Express.
>> >
>> > Thank you!

0
Roady
10/20/2004 8:15:53 PM
Well, that seems even more confusing, to tell the truth, since I print a
selection in both IE and OE, all the time, with no problems...However, I did
what you said--made the message editable and then changed it, and that
worked. A "work-around" really. I'm still weighing the differences between
Outlook and OE.

Thank you very much for your help!

Murphie

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Yes, because it uses the Internet Explorer printing preferences.
>
> To convert a message to a different format first make it editable by Edit->
> Edit Message...
> Note that you cannot direcly convert from Rich Text to HTML; convert it to
> Plain Text first.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>
> -----
> "Murphie" <Murphie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Only if it's HTML? Not if it's plain text or Rich Text? I tried to change
> > the
> > email's format to HTML but it's grayed out. Maybe I need to change to
> > preferences?
> >
> > Anyway, Thank you very much!
> > Murphie
> >
> > "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> You can do this for HTML formatted messages. Highlight your text, File->
> >> Print... and select to print only the selection
> >>
> >> --
> >> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> >> www.howto-outlook.com
> >>
> >> Tips of the month:
> >> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> >> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
> >>
> >> -----
> >> "Murphie" <Murphie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Murphie (3)