how can i import addressbook between 2 PST files

Hello guys
listen i was using the Microsoft Outlook untill my .pst file become
more than 1 GB so i renamed it to Outlook.old then restart the
Microsoft Outlook again to create a new .pst file
everything went fine but when i opened the address book
i get an error message then it opens empty
when i want to add any new contact to it
it accepts the contact but don't save it
which mean in the next time i opened the address book
i don't found this contact
and how can i import my old contacts from the old .pst file
thanks for your time and advance

Contacts are never added to the address book.
Add them to the Contacts Folder. That's where they reside.
Open your old PST. Copy the contents of the Contacts Folder into your new
PST's Contacts Folder.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Eng. Taha Khamis A.Wahab" <taha.khamis@link.net> wrote in message
> Hello guys
> listen i was using the Microsoft Outlook untill my .pst file become
> more than 1 GB so i renamed it to Outlook.old then restart the
> Microsoft Outlook again to create a new .pst file
> everything went fine but when i opened the address book
> i get an error message then it opens empty
> when i want to add any new contact to it
> it accepts the contact but don't save it
> which mean in the next time i opened the address book
> i don't found this contact
> and how can i import my old contacts from the old .pst file
> thanks for your time and advance

0
russval (3097)

Merging Two Office Data Files
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C3C6E7.505DB790 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Here is the situation: I've a desktop and a laptop. Before I bought the laptop I was using MS = Outlook on my desktop. Now that I'm using my laptop mostly, I would like = to have my old emails from my desktop Outlook merged with the laptop = Outlook emails. I don't want to replace the laptop outlook files with = the desktop outlook files is the folder - C:\Documents and = Settings\Laptop\Lo...

Linking files 2 ways

Using Relative path for XML data file?

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

RMS V2 and QSC Import
I have successfully imported several of my customers products using the QSC Import tool as a test but am unable to import the items with any association with sales tax? The default Sales Tax is TAX which is what I plan on using but once imported it creates a new item code TAX so now I have two? I plan on importing several hundred products and any help would be much appreciated. -Jess Reference- https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/downloads/releases/rms_so_importutility.htm i use the same tool but i dont tell the import utility anything about tax. import the items witho...

Maximum file sizes

find action on log file

File size #11

More Columns #2

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Contacts in Exchange #2

Goal Seek #2

Help with importing data

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2

How to import images from Publisher into Picture Manager?
I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office picture manager. How do I do this? Find the source of those images and save them. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Heatherwithaheadache" <Heatherwithaheadache@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1B1DFC9-0639-49BA-8614-A5AC0DDB596D@microsoft.com... >I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office > picture manager. How do I do this? Right-click the picture, save as picture, or copy/paste to a folder. The Picture Manager will search for al...

form base authentication #2
This is killing me. I'm implementing form base authentication. I have SSL and everything working but for one problem when use won't to get to owa they type mail.domain.com which then defaults to http://mail.domain.com. the problem I'm having is that FBA need it to default to https not http. How can I get it to default to HTTPS with out telling the uses to type https? I am implementing this on a FE/BE environment wayne .. What I do is change the http port on the main site to something like 8080, and then create a new site that listens on 80. For that site, instead of...