HotMail download to default outlook inbox???

I use Outlook to get my hotmail emails, but it comes up as a differen
folder. Is there any way I can get outlook to download my hotmai
emails to the default outlook inbox

Thanks in advance

PoorDoggi

Generally, Hotmail creates a default local PST file which gets the dat
for the Hotmail account you have configured. However, if you want t
have the mails in your Hotmail to go into a PST of Outlook, you ca
create a rule which allows you to move all the data for a particula
account to another place ( the preferred PST )

Rules do not run on Hotmail or other HTTP accounts.  You will need to
manually move the messages.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Sudharson asked:

| Generally, Hotmail creates a default local PST file which gets the
| data for the Hotmail account you have configured. However, if you
| want to have the mails in your Hotmail to go into a PST of Outlook,
| you can create a rule which allows you to move all the data for a
| particular account to another place ( the preferred PST ).
|

| ------------------------------------------------
| ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/
| ~~View and post usenet messages directly from
| http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
MillyS5166 (1132)

OUTLOOK.EXE?
Cryptic subject header I suppose, but what I'm asking is under what conditions does the program OUTLOOK.EXE get loaded please? What prompted this was that I was trying (eventually unsuccessfully) to install Microsoft PhotoDraw (part of Office 2000 Premium) on my XP PC. At one stage I had a surprising message saying it couldn't continue because Outlook was running. I certainly didn't have Outlook 2000 open in a window on my PC. It was just one of my Quick Launch icons. Was this message perhaps because my Pocket PC was cradled? If not, why *was* it running? Anyway, I used Crl-Alt-D...

Customize Outlook Today #4
I just purchased a ew computer, with Windows XP Professional installed. And, I installed the Office 2000 suite I had been using on my old Windows 95 computer. I just found that I am unable to open "Customize Office Today" in order to customize the display that is so important to me--especially the ability to limit the Tasks to the day at hand (rather than the full list it now gives me. Any suggestions? ...

Outlook puts ' in the address names
Hi, When I reply to an email, the to address is sent like this For example Joe Smith is sent as 'Joe Smith' with single quotation mark around. Is there a way to disable that and just send as Joe Smith without quotation mark Thanks No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing li...

Can't Send messages in Outlook
whenever I try replying to an email....i get an error message that says: "the connection to the server was interupted. if the problem continues, please contact your server administrator or ISP. the server reponded: 421 out006.verizon.net Lost Connection to [141.149.XXX.YY]" for the ip address, i replaced the last numbers with letters to protect the actual address. i am behind a linksys firewall, but that has never mattered and i have a second computer that i can use outlook on with no problem. on this computer though...the message just gets stuck in the outbox. if i strip awa...

Outlook 2000 Calendar Re-occuring Appointments error
Hi I have a few users that have just started getting the following error pop up on their screen when they click on thei Calendar in Outlook 2000: Cannot find reoccurence data for reoccuring event. Does anyone have any ideas on why this might be? They have been using it fine for years and has only started to happen. Please help. ...

Where to download MS Money 14?
I've just purchased a new PC and would like to install MS Money on it. I'm happy with the version I have on my old machine, which is version 14 (not sure how that equates to a year). Where do I download an old version? Thanks, Mike MS Money is a purchased program, not free download. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.mspx to get it. Frank "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65FE76B5-7709-4927-BB39-9B8FE58437FC@microsoft.com... > I've just purchased a new PC and would like to install MS Money on it. > I'm ...

New Outlook PST format
I've heard that Outlook 2003 can save in a new format so that the PST file can be greater than 2GBytes. What if the old-format PST is much less than 2GBytes. Should one still switch? Are there any other advantages in switching to the new format? THe newer format is also generally more stable.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 &quo...

Downloading price quotes just will not work
Clicked on all the topics can think of. It will not download market quotes. I have a passport account but money will not recognize it. Says it problem with internet connection, sound like need to dump money and go back to quicken. Is it possilble to reach a money tech when installed by dell. re-check your market ticker symbols. on the portfolio page on left column - pick "update prices" pick "pick quotes to download" make desired changes on the bottom of window pick "internet updates" pick "update now" pick "get latest money updates" pi...

Outlook 2003 will not lauch on email link
Outlook will not launch when I click on an email address. It has always done so, but for some reason has stopped. When is try to send emails from another program, the operations fail. Outlook works fine for everything else. "Don Smith" <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:oahgu2dqn2kit2pgddtj3gn92f87g2qspv@4ax.com... > Outlook will not launch when I click on an email address. It has > always done so, but for some reason has stopped. When is try to send > emails from another program, the operations fail. Outlook works fine > for everything else. Don...

Outlook 2003 error: Unable to start processing services. Could not open the item. Try again.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4CFD8.AF2C7B30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have an XP SP2 system on which I had Office 2003 Pro installed (no = Exchange Server, the PST is local). My Outlook was running fine but then = started to have problems so I thought I would remove and reinstall it. I = now get: "Unable to start processing services. Could not open the item. Try = again." I uninstalled/reinstalled ActiveSync 3.7.1. I ran scanpst.exe on all of = my .pst files a...

Downloaded transactions marked as reconciled #2
(Money 2004 Std) When I download & import transactions for a credit card account that I have set up, Money marks the downloaded transactions as "R" ("reconciled") even though I have DESELECTED the "Automatically mark accepted transactions as reconciled" option. For other credit card accounts & a checking account that I have set up, the imported/downloaded transactions get marked correctly ("E"). Any ideas as to why this happens & what I can do to correct this? Are the downloaded transactions matching against entries in the bills/d...

All day event
Hi guys, I have an Exchange2003 SP2/Outlook 2003 environment. In our calendar (Outlook), how can I make all-day events default to a status of Busy instead of Free? I understand that because so many all-day events are holidays, birthdays, and anniversaries that don't necessary affect the availability, Outlook automatically sets the status of any all-day event to Free. But in a corporate environment, especially for conference rooms, when somebody books an all day event, it should be defaulted to Busy. Is there a registry setting or anything else that we can apply to solve this? You...

Project 2007 PWA + Outlook 2003 = CRASH
We have MS Project 2007 SP1 with MS Outlook SP3. Periodically when we synch outlook, it crashes outlook and / or IE 6. Can not find definative information on how to fix.... Please advise. Thanks -- Thank you George E. Haney III, PMP, MCP George, There are usually some basic things to try first, and you don't mention anything that you may have tried, such as re-installing to repair the installation of the applications. If that's not helpful, you might post back with more information, such as other Office applications you might be using in conjunction, wha...

Icons don't update when default program changed
Suppose I have a file type (such as .cpp or .vhd) that is opened by program X by default. Then I change the default program to Y by selecting "Open With...", choosing a new program, and checking "Always use this program". Whenever I do this, I've noticed that the icon for files of that type does not update to Y, but instead stays with X's icon. Is there a way to "refresh" the system so that it associates the correct icons with file types? -J ...

How to export Notes from Outlook?
I'm trying to export my Notes from Outlook 2010. I have managed to get some information into a CSV file but all I have are the headings for the notes -- the bodies of the notes are missing. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? With thanks, Gerry On May 16, 12:11=A0pm, Gerry Wolff <gerrywolf...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm trying to export my Notes from Outlook 2010. I have managed to get > some information into a CSV file but all I have are the headings for > the notes -- the bodies of the notes are missing. > > Does anyone know of a solution to this prob...

Outlook 2003/Exchange Address Book Search
Does anyone know a way to add the Manager field to the search dialog box in the Outlook Address Book/GAL in Exchange 2k3? Also how do you search with a Wild Card, ie *manager* for 'IT Manager'? Thanks! ...

POP3 Outlook 2003 issues!
We are currently running MS Exchange 2003. We are experimenting a problem with our users using POP3. The problem is that each time the users connects to our server, it downloads all of the e-mails every time. The results are multiple copies of the same e-mail. Does anybody know how to fix this? We are using outlook 2003 in the client side. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your cooperation Are they popping the exchange mail? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual ...

How to get Microsoft Outlook to cut and paste full email addresses
What is the switch that tells Microsoft Outlook to allow cut and pasting of email addresses? There MUST be a better way! When I copy and paste an email recipient from a name in outlook from list, I get the person's name and not their email address. Aaaaooooouuurrrrrrggggghhhh! The only way I know today to copy and paste the full email is to go to "view" "options" and then copy and paste from the "message options" header section. Geeeeeeeazus. Can Microsoft Outlook be this stuuuuuuuupid? There MUST be a better way to copy and paste Microsoft Outlook email ...

making entourage the default email program
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have a new Mac Pro. I have the Apple Mail program as well as Entourage. I am using Entourage as my email program and it seems to be working fine ( sending and receiving emails ok). I have not bothered to set up Mail as i don't need it for the time being. However, when I go to a web page and click an email link, Mail opens up and asks me to set it up. I want Entourage to open up so I can send an email. I went to Entourage>accounts>mail but it won't let me set my Entourage email ...

How can we change rpc port on outlook client
How can we change rpc port on outlook client to use different port than 135 and I can do either TCPrelay or port redirect to connect to the Exchange server on port 135. ...

Can I change the default syle for a chart?
I have toyed around with using macros to reformat data, but what I would really like to do is make a particular format the default, but can't seem to find out how to do that. Select a chart in your workbook Choose Chart>Chart Type Select one of the chart types and subtypes, then click 'Set as default chart' OR Select the Custom Types tab, and set one of the built-in or user-defined charts as the default Jon Peltier has information on custom chart types on his web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CreateCustomTypes.html Argus Finch wrote: > I hav...

Outlook Reminders on Windows 7?
Anyone figure out how to correct/modify this behavior when an Outlook reminder pops up with Windows 7 it doesn't take over the active window. I read this is not a bug on the Outlook Team blog. If that's the case they might as well take reminder out. Thanks, Haig I stand corrected it was an Outlook-MVP, not the Outlook team blog. "Haig B" <bigfeet@bighaig.com> wrote in message news:31A42ABB-5329-44C4-A941-E70AF2EEB2C1@microsoft.com... > Anyone figure out how to correct/modify this behavior when an Outlook > reminder pops up with Windows 7 it doesn't...

Outlook 2003 read time
How do you change the "read" time for Outlook 2003 messages so that they don't get marked as being read when you have clicked on them for just a couple of seconds? I had to change the setting in Outlook 2000 so it would wait 5 seconds before marking a message read and would like to do it again for 2003. Thank you! Right click on the reading pane options (right click on the dark gray border around the reading pane) and choose Reading Pane options. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Pr...

sending email in outlook 2007 is not working
sending email in outlook 2007 is not working. My gut tells me it has something to do with the setup. What happens and what does the error message say -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "matt" <matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9819497-A904-4827-8A8B-CFFB88E08B16@microsoft.com... > sending email in outlook 2007 is not working. My gut tells me it has > something to do with the setup. > ...

Need immediate help with Access to Outlook Please
This is my 3rd request.... Please, thank you.... I went through a windows update and was asked to reboot which I did. I had Outlook open and closed it before rebooting - it was opened to contacts. when I tried to access Outlook I got an error message saying "your personal address book could not be opened. the file is either not accessible or not a personal address book. choose retry to access your personal address book, or choose cancel to not open your personal address book with this application." I have no other application to open this address book with! my contac...