hide my name

When replying to an email or creating one from scratch how do i hide my name
in the "from" field...thx

fred <fdbjrgetridofthis@wowway.com> wrote:

> When replying to an email or creating one from scratch how do i hide
> my name in the "from" field...thx

Are you saying you want the reply to be anonymous?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

fred wrote:

> "Brian Tillman" wrote ...
>>
>>> When replying to an email or creating one from scratch how do i hide
>>> my name in the "from" field...thx
>>
>> Are you saying you want the reply to be anonymous?
>
> no, I don't mind if my email is revealed.. just my name. I have tried by
> removing it from the "User Name:" field in the email account but it
> continues to show up. I have also removed from the header information in the
> actual email but is is still there. I should probably mention I am using a
> number of email acounts in Outlook. also I'm using Outlook 2003 sp3

If Exchange is your mail server, your company can put whatever headers
they want in your outbound e-mails.  They want you identified because
you are their representative in the e-mail.  Talk to your Exchange
admins after contriving your arguments as to why you don't want a name
for the account through which you are sending e-mails.
0
V4521 (722)
4/22/2008 4:42:48 PM
im a one man show here so im the guy to talk to...haha...but i don't know
how to do what u are talking about..

fred wrote:

> "VanguardLH" wrote ...
>
>> fred wrote:
>>>
>>> no, I don't mind if my email is revealed.. just my name. I have
>>> tried by removing it from the "User Name:" field in the email
>>> account but it continues to show up. I have also removed from the
>>> header information in the actual email but is is still there. I
>>> should probably mention I am using a number of email acounts in
>>> Outlook. also I'm using Outlook 2003 sp3
>>
>> If Exchange is your mail server, your company can put whatever
>> headers they want in your outbound e-mails.  They want you
>> identified because you are their representative in the e-mail.  Talk
>> to your Exchange admins after contriving your arguments as to why
>> you don't want a name for the account through which you are sending
>> e-mails.
>
> im a one man show here so im the guy to talk to...haha...but i don't
> know how to do what u are talking about..

You didn't describe your e-mail setup, like to what type of e-mail
server to which you connect.  So guessing that you couldn't change your
e-mail credentials because of using Exchange was one guess.  Queries
lacking details get unfocused responses.

I would've said to blank out the Name field in the e-mail account
defined in Outlook but you said that you already tried that.  What
happens when you put a non-blank string in the Name field but which is
different than what has been showing up when it was previously blank?

Are you sending your your ISP's SMTP mail host, or some free e-mail
service, like Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, etc.?  You might want to check your
server-side settings on your account by using the webmail interface to
your account.  Then go check what you specified for your name there.  If
you send through their service (rather than using your ISP's mail host)
then maybe they are forcing the outbound e-mails to have whatever name
you configured in your account with them.  Again, I'm guessing because I
don't know to whom you connect or what type of e-mail service (POP,
IMAP, HTTP, Exchange).
0
V4521 (722)
4/23/2008 2:32:54 AM
fred <fdbgetridofthis@wowway.com> wrote:

> no, I don't mind if my email is revealed.. just my name. I have tried
> by removing it from the "User Name:" field in the email account but it
> continues to show up.

The "Your Name" field is what you want.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

hide a text box in a continuous form
I have a form that i created that display each form as a row in a continous form. What I need is to have one text field on one row not visible when a check box is checked. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks! Using Conditional Formatting, evalaute the state of the field bound to the CheckBox to set the Background color of the TextBox to match that of the Background color of the form. You might have to set the Disabled prop via CF as well. There is sample code showing one wat to accomplish this here: http://www.lebans.com/conditionalformatting.htm A2K or Higher Only! New Feb 08,2002...

Count File Names
Hi All, I having an issue with version control on Buisness cases. I currently have a spreadsheet that looks into a folder and picks up details from a number of files. However, they require version control numbers so there will eventually be multiple files say 2010-01 v1.0, 2010-01 v1.1. Is there a way I can: 1) Get a macro to count the number of 2010-01 files there are in the folder, and 2) Get my version control sheet to look at the latest version of the file (in this example: 2010-01 v1.1) Cheers, Chris See if this code works. I assume that 2010-01 is year and month. ...

M2004: Change name on home page?
I'm using Money 2004. On the home page it says "So-and-so's Money Home Page". How can I change the name that appears there? -Rod > I'm using Money 2004. On the home page it says "So-and-so's Money Home > Page". How can I change the name that appears there? Figures... I always seem to find a solution right after posting a question! Click Accounts & Bills, Account Setup, Update Personal Information. -Rod ...

Linked Spreadsheets Grandfather Name Sticking
Hello, Here's an example of the problem. Let's say I have a store that sells gasoline. I want to record my store sales, and gasoline sales in gallons. So, I have a spreadsheet for store sales and a spreadsheet for gas sales in gallons. And these are setup per month. January sales sheets, February sales sheets, etc. I have the gas gallons spreadsheet linked to the stores sales spreadsheet, so I can enter all the data while in the sales spreadsheet. Let's say I have entered all of January's sales and gas data and want to move on to February's data. I copy Jansale...

Name prefixing in reply message
All, I'm not even sure what terms to google for related to this problem. If you get an email from someone in the Office XP version of Outlook, and you click reply to that email, then start typing inside the portion of the message that contains the original message you replied to, it will automatically prefix everything you write with your name. How does one turn this off? Thanks in advance! TwistedPair wrote: > I'm not even sure what terms to google for related to this problem. If you > get an email from someone in the Office XP version of Outlook, > and you click...

Hiding labels on y axes
Some time ago, I asked about two y axes on a chart, the left of which showed whole numbers from 0 to 16 and the right of which showed whole numbers from 0 to 55. I wanted to hide the only number above 12 on the left axis (16) and hide all numbers below 40 on the right axis (0-35). Jon Peltier told me to use custom number formats for both axes, [>=16]" ";0 for the left and [<40]" ";0 for the right. That worked fine. The chart I was then asking about was one I had created for practice. I've now tried to create my "real" chart. The values from which the...

Comparing first and last names in two lists #2

Different display names
Hi Is there any way to have an account display differently in the FROM field compared to the GAL (Exchange 2003). We would like the user to appear in the GAL as "Bob User" but when an external recipient reads an email it should be displayed as "Bob of Company <bob.user@company.com>". Cheers Stuart ...

File name from a cell
I am trying to have date in a cell become the file name and appear i the save as dialog box as the file is saved the first time -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim mySuggestedFileName As String Dim myFileName As Variant With Worksheets("sheet1") mySuggestedFileName = "c:\my documents\excel\test\" _ & Format(.Range("a1").Value, "yyyy_mm_dd") & ".xls" End With myFileName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename _ ...

Unlocking named ranges
I am working with a spreadsheet created by a former employee. He used named ranges a lot. I am trying to understand the worksheet. When I see an equation in a cell like =Sum(Shipments) I feel I know what it means. But how do I learn what the actual cell reference is ie = Sum(D2:G2).? TIA Insert a new, empty worksheet into the workbook. Then you can use The Insert-> Name-> Paste menu option and click on the Paste List button to get a listing of all the names and the definitions "JohnL" wrote: > I am working with a spreadsheet created by a former employee. He used...

Adding company name to the "From" field
Hopefully this is an easy problem. We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 in a mixed domain. (Win2k and Win2003 servers) Lets say I am working for a company named "XYZ". The owner of the company wants the "from" line in the email client to say "Bill Smith, XYZ Company". Unfortunately I can not find a way to do this. Any help is appreciated. Bob Hi Bob, Just use ADModify to rewrite the Display name for every user in your company, or for users of that company (if companys are sharing and AD) ADModify can be found here: http://www.gotdotnet.co...

edit suggest names when completing To, cc and bcc fields
Apparently I don't have an Address Book linked to Outlook 2000. No matter, because I seem to be ok with the suggest names feature, which I guess is not Address Book-linked, but linked to a memory bank of names and corresponding addresses typed in during the past. However, here is my question: How do you edit this Suggest Names list? In particular, A. Suppose you want to stop Outlook from suggesting a particular name because it is not current anymore. Worse, you might inadvertantly click on it and send msg to somebody you don't want to receive it. Is there a way to delet...

Hiding a "Userform" instead of closing it???
I have a push button on my spreadsheet which loads my Userform in the following manner: Sub Button1_Click() UserForm1.Show (vbModeless) ' Display my Userform End Sub When a user presses the "X" button on the Userform object I believe that Excel will terminate the Userform instead of simply "hiding" it by making it invisible. How can I program my Userform to turn invisible instead of terminating itself?? I would rather have the Userform turn invisible so it can maintain its current position on the screen when it is re-activated again..... I not...

reading file name from folder function
I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table. Please let me know. Thanks. Hi. >I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all >the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table. Please see the getFileInfo( ) function in the tip, "How to compare the contents of two directories," on the following Web page for an example: http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/vba1.html HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http...

Domain name not always needed to log into OWA?

Named Ranges
Hi! I created several worksheets that contained huge lists, so I created a dynamic named range. Now that the name has been inserted in my array formulas, my Macro runs very slowly. The Macro unprotects one of my sheets, sorts the data in a table, hides the blank rows and the protects the sheet again. There are no related named range formulas in that worksheet, so I'm not sure why it would be affected. The Macro ran quickly when I had a defined range of data. Would giving a named range like 'Date' and having text in my workbook with 'Date' create conflicts? Could this...

Report names in listbox
I recently upgraded to Access 2007 and am having some trouble with the changes. I have a form with a listbox in which I would like to display the names of all the reports in the database. I've tried using the following as the rowsource for the listbox, but in form view nothing is displayed. Does anyone know how to do this? TIA, Ken Warthen kenwarthen@gmail.com "SELECT MSysObjects.Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE (((Left([Name],1))<"~") AND ((MSysObjects.Type)=-32764)) ORDER BY MSysObjects.Name;" I think you made a slight typo. Try (((Left([Name],1))<>&quo...

Send Emails With A Different Name Than How Its Listed in the GAL
Hi all, I have a quick question: My client is unhappy with how his emails get sent out from MS Outlook. The GAL on our server lists names as [Last Name], [First Name]. This is how the majority of our clients want it. However, he wants his to be [First Name] [Last Name]. So, all recipients getting emails from him will see his name as First Name, Last Name. We can't do this for him on our GAL, since it would obviously cause an inconsistency if we did it only for one name. But, I figured I'd post here to see if anything else can be done to accomodate him. Thanks in advance for your help...

Hiding Data #2
I want to have a spread sheet that when printed will have some of the data hidden... I thought the most effective method would be to have two almost identical sheets in a workbook, with the "private" data not copied to the second sheet. This would be similar to an invoice sheet. Is there an easy way I can copy a sheet and then when I paste it to another sheet, it will link the data back to the first sheet? Carl Hi Quick and dirty? On the new sheet, cell A1, type = and then click on A1 in your existing sheet. You can then autofill this across and down the new sheet, and then ...

Switching Names Around
Hey gurus- I am getting a list of names imported into Excel. All the names are in the order of LAST NAME FIRST MI/[SPOUSE] FIRST [SPOUSE] MI. All of them have their last name at the beginning, and they're all merged into the same cell. I am trying to print out mailers, so I need the 1st name moved to the back of the line so it prints out normally. How would I write a macro to do this? The only way I can think of is to signal is off the very 1st SPACE- everything before that space gets added to the end of the line. Is this possible to do? How do I do this? I'm not very good at VB, so...

Access server name?
Hi Experts: I have been using SQL Server 2005 and I'm now trying to move to Access (Microsoft Office Access 2007). One question, with SQL Server 2005, there is a Windows Service called "SQL Server" which is running all the time and ready to be connected from a database application. In the case of Access, what is the equivalent program? I do not see any Access program in the Windows Service List. Thanks in advance! Polaris In news:OC1gc%23kpHHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, Polaris <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi Experts: > > I have been using SQ...

Using a named range as a data source for a chart
Hi, I'm trying to build a chart that that has a named range as its data source. The named range refers to a table that is 2x3 and is called geographydata. Is there any way that I can have the source data for the graph to be geographydata? Thanks! Michael You can enter the name, preceded by the worksheet name and exclamation point, for the data range, but Excel will convert this name to its cell address. If you want the chart to be dynamic as the name changes its size, you have to define a name for each series' data. This will not dynamically change the number of series in the ch...

Doesn't find files w/spaces in name
There are a lot of folders and Excel spreadsheets on our shared drive that I need to open. Most of the folders and file names are named like: get reports\reports sep 2004.xls When I try to open one, Excel doesn't find it and I think it's because there are spaces in the folder names and/or file names. Is there a setting in Excel that will help me get around this? This was working until I had a glitch in Excel and the technician fixed the glitch and this problem appeared. Any help would be appreciated. I found an answer and so far it works. "C:/program files/microsoft off...

Parse Name Field into First Name Last Name
I have a field called [Patient Name] that I want to parse out into a First Name Field and Last Name Field. I am using the Charindex() to find the comma that seperates the First and Last Name, I am then passing the Charindex value to the Left Function to grab the Last Name. Below is what the code looks like: LEFT([Patient Name],Charindex(',', [Patient Name])-1) AS LAST_NAME I am getting the below error when using the above code Invalid length parameter passed to the LEFT or SUBSTRING function. Warning: Null value is eliminated by an aggregate or other SET operation. ...

Not remembering names for autocomplete
We're running Outlook 2002 on a Windows 2000 terminal server with Exchange 5.5 For some reason, the autocomplete feature isn't rememebering names from day to day. A user will send out e-mails, and for the rest of his session it will autocomplete the name if he types it in again - but the next time he launches a session, the autocomplete doesn't remember that name. What are the possible causes and resolutions for this? Corrupt profile. Create a new one. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Eric" <rvrndlovejoy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uG1OB%23iVFHA.3488@...