Hide formatting marks

Would anyone be able to advise how I get the formatting marks to be hidden in my return e-mails that I reply to?  Please advise

Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)

when you reply to your mail, goto tools-->options-->view and under
formatting marks, deselect whichever you dont want to see.

regards,
Subbu.

---
Subramanian .S
v-subs@online.microsoft.com
Microsoft GPS

v-subs (24)

POS Receipt format change
I would like to have the "Sales Receipt" read "Sales Invoice" or "Invoice". Also I would like to have "Transaction #" replaced with "Invoice #". Can anyone help me with this? I have been able to edit the "Sales Receipt" portion in an xml editor but have not been able to change the "Transaction #" as there must be some other coding that needs to change. Thank you in advance. Robert Hi Robert, you can find the SUB: PrintTransactionType and then locate the Transaction.ReceiptReferenceNumberCaption reference field. this...

Option to Hide Inactive Contacts
Hello Microsoft, I am requesting an option to be integrated into a future release of CRM. Currently (CRM 3.0) inactive Contacts are displayed when an Account record is opened, and Contacts is selected. Please implement one of the following: 1. a CRM-wide option or a user preference that would allow inactive Contacts to be hidden from the view described above. 2. display inactive contacts with a different icon or a different row background color so that there is a visual clue regarding the state of that contact. I have added the statuscode field to the Contact's Associated View - but...

API hide access window
I have a question about using the API hide access window module. Thisworks ok for my forms, but the report preview window always getshidden or shows up behind the form. How can I use this module and havethe preview reports in front of the form? I use the code from thewebsite "The Access Web " to show only the active form, but iscumbersome to figure out how to effectively do a report preview andreturn to the previous form.Thanks,PC I haven't tried this so I'm guessing.Have you tried setting the report's Pop-Up property to True?Near as I can tell in order for the main windo...

Cell Formating/Sorting
I have a worksheet which has 2 columns. Fist column contains time/date data in the format dd/mm/yy hh:mm. The second column contains data relating to the first column. The data is sorted by date. I wish to sort the data by time. I have tried to copy the first column into a new column, changed the format of the cells to date for the one and time for the second. Although the data in the cell appears to show either date or time, clicking on a cell still shows the data in the original format, so it won't sort by time. Any help appreciated. Regards Mike Mike Dates are whole numbers ...

How to put a check mark in a floating pop-up menu (CMenu)?
Hi, How to put a check mark in front of an item of a floating pop-up menu displayed by using CMenu::TrackPopupMenu()? Please help. Thanks. Tony ps. I tried CMenu::SetMenuItemBitmaps() but it was used only for changing the default bitmap. "May Young" <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:3F8C4500.6050509@srac.com... > Hi, > > How to put a check mark in front of an item of a floating pop-up menu > displayed by using CMenu::TrackPopupMenu()? Please help. Thanks. > > Tony > > ps. I tried CMenu::SetMenuItemBitmaps() but it was used only for >...

hide printing
Hi, I would like know how to hide certain cell. while printing. exampl if C1 is no value i want to hide A1 (which is always have a text in it to be hide while printing, i heard about font color change to white an all , So, please explain thanks nowfa -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi as a starting point: http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Hide -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > I would like know how to hide certain cell. while printing. example > if C1 is no value i want to hide A1 (which is always have a text in > it) to be hide while print...

how do I get rid of formating symbols that show up in my document
Some strange marking are showing up in my word documents. I think they are some sort of format icons. How do I get rid of them http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "JohnC" <JohnC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5144F489-3D4C-4964-AF1C-7624B9C33E2C@microsoft.com... > Some strange marking are showing up in my word documents. I think they > are > some sort of format icons. How do I get rid of them ...

Change FORMAT #3
I am just a beginner and I would like to change the format of as cell according to a condition in another cell. First example:I have a cell A3 that contains a text, and I want to change it format to BOLD and change the background to BLUE when A1=M Second example:I have a cell A3 that contains a text, and I want to change it format to BOLD and change the background to BLUE when A1 has a GREEN background Please help You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for:...

Formating Negative Figures in Brackets
Excel 2007 In earlier version of Excel, we could get a specific format for presenting the negative numbers in brackets and / or in red color. I could not find it in the Excel 2007. This can be done in the Custom Format. I do not have specifics for it. Can you give me the format for the same ? Why did the Excel remove this useful and oft needed feature from their new version, or am I missing something ? -- Shrikant The below might be useful http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832285 -- Jacob "Shrikant" wrote: > Excel 2007 > In earlier version of Exc...

Time Format
-53323.9904390046 Hi can you please help me how to change this to time format HH:MM:YY AM/PM What Date/Time should that value actually be? "Dinesh" wrote: > -53323.9904390046 > > Hi can you please help me how to change this to time format > > HH:MM:YY AM/PM ...

Date format error with CSV file
Hi, Using Excel 2007 I have a csv file that when opened manually has the correct date format of DD/MM/YYYY When I open the file with VBA, the date format defaults to MM/DD/YYYY, some of the dates come through as text fields. Even importing this through VBA as a text file (with .csv extension) and changing the format to D/M/Y it still comes in as MM/DD/YYYY and some of the fields being text, when I change the extension to ".txt" it imports OK I do not want to have my code renaming the files to .txt in order to get the correct date format Any help on this would ...

Toolbar buttons to hide/unhide sheets
I originally posted this question under "worksheet functions" but I think that was the wrong place to post. I know I can create toolbar " buttons" to hide & unhide sheets by selecting "add/remove buttons" and then customize, and then clicking on format, sheet, hide, & dragging the word "hide" over to the toolbar. However, when I did this I didn't drop the word "hide" on the toolbar, I missed the toolbar & dropped it off to the side of it, seemingly into outer space because it's nowhere to be found. I've ...

Excel mistakes cell formats
Hi, With certain forumlas, putting them in a cell formatted with a =ABGeneral=BB format (and all the cells around this cell have a General format too), this cell trasfoms its format to Text. The result has a left align, and if I edit the forumla and reenter without modifies, in the cell appair the text of the forumla instead the value. I don't know if it's a localization bug (I have Excel in Italian), but the follower formula: =3DCOUNTIF(Sheet1!$A$13:$A$147,Sheet2!a13)+E4-1 has the bug, while the follower: =3D(COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A$13:$A$147,Sheet2!a13)+E4)-1 hasn't Saved from a prev...

Hiding disqualified entities from a view?
When I disqualify a Lead or an Account the entities still display in my views. How do I go about hiding disqualified entities. Are you referring to custm views? If so, then you need to include the State in your filter criteria to only display records with the desired state. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "lxhiss" <lxhiss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71008790-F295-448C-98BF-6FC8AB61A1A4@microsoft.com... When I disqualify a Lead or an Account the entities still display in my views. How do I go about hiding disqualified entities. It is actuall...

Delegate Opens e-mail messages and then marks as unread -- how to
Hello When I send a message to a Vice President who has a delegate (his asst.) assigned to see his Outlook calendar and messages, how can I know if the delegate has opened the message and then marked it as "unread"? Sometimes I send confidential information to the Vice President that I do not want the delegate to see. Is there a way to "protect" the message from being opened only by the Vice President? Thank you. Hi Linny, simply mark the message as "private" before sending .... if the delegate has not the right to read private messaged ...

How do I remove the [Group] file format?
I accidentally saved an Excel worksheet in the [Group] file format. How do I remove this? Right-Click on a Sheet Tab Pick Ungroup Sheets tj "jonij" wrote: > I accidentally saved an Excel worksheet in the [Group] file format. How do I > remove this? ...

Conditional formating #8
lets say I want to display a cell C1 with a yellow background if a value of E1 = 0 How do I apply this to a whole column so C1..... E1 C2.....E2 ....... C500...E500 I tried Formula but that effects the whole column Highlight all the cells you want to have the Condidional Formatting. Open up the Condidional Formatting Box. Change it to Formula is. Then type: =E1=0 tj "Simon" wrote: > lets say I want to display a cell C1 with a yellow background if a value of > E1 = 0 > > How do I apply this to a whole column > > so C1..... E1 > C2.....E2 ...

Free text for the phone format
This is to enable keying in free text for the phone and fax formats for international clients. For example, if the primary country is NZ, Great Plains should be able to accept phone formats for clients outside of NZ (say for example, AUS or US, which have different formats). (Logged from case no 8333732) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the ...

calendar control
Hi using info I found here in the newsgroup I have inserted the calendar control so that I can click on a cell and get a drop down.... all works fine.. I have managed to format the control so it looks as I would like...however ... when I go to next worksheet and insert the control again I find that it is default format and I need to go through all the formatting again... is there a way in which to format the control so that when I insert it on 10 consecutive worksheets it keeps the same format on all sheets?? Copy and paste the customized control? -- Jim "arnoldarmy" <a...

How to paste Conditional Formatting to other cells but using different data cell
I've made a spreadsheet that has a column for days of testing and another column that calculates the actual days it took for testing. Each row has a different day requirment of when testing should be complete. How can I format the column of "actual days of testing" to color the cell in red with bold type when the value of this cell is greater than the cell of "days of testing"? I tried conditional formating, but this only works for one row, when I tried to paste the format to other cells it used the data source from the first row. It would be too time consuming to indiv...

hiding ignored messages
Is there a way to hide ignored messages without hiding read messages in outlook express? It seems to be backwards, as I can't imagine why you would want to hide read but not ignored, but I do want to hide ignored but not read. : -) Thanks This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55....

Customize/ Hide data in pivot table
I have a pivot table in following layout: Status(firm order/ forecast) (column field) firm order (column) Forecast order (column) Product (row field) Sum of QTY Sum of Order Sum of QTY Sum of Order (data) I want to show per product, the sum of qty and sum of order for firm order; and sum of qty BUT NOT sum of order for forecast order (as all of them are zero). How to make it? or any code I can use? ...

Purge items marked fro deletion on IMAP folders
Items deleted in IMAP folders are only marked for deletion. To fully delete them a manually click of 'Purge deleted messages' is required. Is there a way to purge automatically? Alan Not in Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After scratching one's head, Alan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked this group: | Items deleted in IMAP folders are only marked for | deletion. To...

Pulldown for format cells not working

Hide built-in name when alternate name exists
This option appears in Style pane Options dialog box. Could you please give me an example on how it works? -- geotso ---- ---- --- -- -- - - Please, remove hyphens to contact me ---- ---- --- -- -- - - You can assign an alias (or "alternate name") to a style. Open the Modify Style dialog, and at the end of the style's name type a comma followed by the desired alias. You might want to do this to make the built-in style names describe what they're used for in this particular template or document. For example, you could change...