hidden window

When I click on 'send/receive' I used to see a small window showing a list
of message titles as they are being received. For some reason, this window
has dissappeared. Can anyone tell me how to get it back please?
Thanks
Mike

You must have chosen to hide that dialogue box. When you send and receive,
you can see the progress on a task bar in the lower right-hand corner of
Outlook. Left-click on it and click on details.

--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"Mike Newman" wrote:

> When I click on 'send/receive' I used to see a small window showing a list
> of message titles as they are being received. For some reason, this window
> has dissappeared. Can anyone tell me how to get it back please?
> Thanks
> Mike

0
KOrland1 (1012)
10/29/2006 2:01:02 PM
Mike Newman <mike.j.newman@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> When I click on 'send/receive' I used to see a small window showing a
> list of message titles as they are being received. For some reason,
> this window has dissappeared. Can anyone tell me how to get it back
> please?

You don't state your Outlook version.  For Outlook 2003, click
Tools>Send/Receive>Send/Receive Settings>Show Progress
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Fill scroll window with range from procedure?
Hi All, I have been trying to fill a scroll window from a form procedure. The problem I am running into is that when I call the 'fill' statement, the executing stored procedure passes two null variables instead of the values I set for the range. I know the code works as I can put it on the Form's Pre event and the scroll window is populated with the correct restrictions, but I moved the code to a form level procedure so that many forms could call the procedure and have the scroll window filled. Here's the code: range clear table POP_WisdmActuals; 'PO Number' of ta...

Splitter window in Visual C++ 6
I create a single doc project (with doc view support) and make the view a cformview, but I want to add a splitter and have a list view below it but when I derive from clistview vc++ complains it has not heard of CListView. It qworks fine in vs2003. Any ideas? Try including afxcview.h in your stdafx.h AliR. "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85CDA896-6383-4F4B-AC6D-AAD561929FA6@microsoft.com... >I create a single doc project (with doc view support) and make the view a > cformview, but I want to add a splitter and have a list v...

Active window "frozen"
I have a file that evidently has 10 worksheets. I can only see one worksheet AND the window, when looking at the worksheet, opens up "frozen" and it can't be moved. I can't maximize the window nor can I close the active window. Scrolling is not an option with the scrollbar although I can move around ONE sheet via the arrow keys. Is there something in vba that may have turned off the ability to resize the window? Any help is most appreciated. Using Excel 2002 (XP) >>Is there something in vba that may have turned off the ability to resize the window? Tools...

Windows Live Mail not responding 04-30-10
For the past month I get not responding when I try to open an email. I end up having to close the program and reopen it. That does seem to help for awhile, but it's really bad. Do you have any thoughts what could be causing this problem? I'm thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling windows live mail. I have a lot of mail in storage folders and I wondered if there is an easy way to reload thiese folders. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Delete any problem messages in your acount(s) Inbox. Perform a manual compact in WLM. Open WLM(in mai...

Combo box getting hidden
I have a problem with the same CView class I asked about the other day... Its a CView class with an extensive OnDraw method (Gantt-based resource loading chart). I have a few controls in the corner - a plus and minus CButton, a CStatic text (my font problem the other day) and a CComboBox. I also have a horizontal and vertical CScrollBar. These controls are class members (no resource associated) and are all .Create() in my ::Create method. Following an OnDraw(), everything is drawn properly, except my combo box. I assume it is a z-order problem, but I don't know how to bring it forw...

can I use windows live as my default email program?
I don't want to use Outlook as my default email program. am I able to change the default setting? Thanks. You posted to a newsgroup that supports the use of Microsoft Access, a relational database. You'll probably have more luck getting a response if you post to a Windows or an Outlook newsgroup. (you might try using the Tools/Internet Options tab of your internet browser software. Some versions allow you to specify your default email program there.) Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and servi...

Too many windows opened
Hi Everyone, I need to know if exits something that I can do to avoid many windows to be open at the same time because the user get confusing about that. The screen is full of different windows of CRM. Ex. If I go to "Accounts" and open an acount (open a new window), next, I want to create a "Contact"(open another new window). c360 Dashboard helps this. "Elica" <Elica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09C3DDB8-7F02-40DA-9EEE-0135E68FC35A@microsoft.com... > Hi Everyone, > > I need to know if exits something that I can do to av...

No contacts in address book after windows reinstall Outlook 2010
I have no contacts in my address book after a reinstall of windows 7 64 bit. The last time this happened I seem to remember someone advised me of a keyboard stroke that make some folder appear? I have to admit total confusion over the difference between contacts and address book, despite reading various post on the subject. Address Book is a linked view into the Contacts list, used primarily by other applications. See your other thread. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Wor...

2006 hidden opening bal
I have a hidden opening bal in my file. The instructions on the site to help me are for 2005 and they don't work What's a hidden opening bal? You mean one that's not visible in account settings/details? Did you have a question? "needmohelp" <needmohelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:191E7B74-0C62-44A1-A461-0FC3A27B0C9D@microsoft.com... >I have a hidden opening bal in my file. The instructions on the site to >help > me are for 2005 and they don't work In microsoft.public.money, needmohelp wrote: >I have a hidden opening ...

Window Size of CStatic Control
Using the dialog editor I created a static text object 100 wide and 10 deep. Then I attached it to a CStatic member of my CDialog class using DDX_Control(). Now, when I call GetClientRect() from my CStatic member, the windo rectangle is 150 wide and 15 deep. What controls the conversion? AVee wrote: > Using the dialog editor I created a static text object 100 wide and 10 deep. > Then I attached it to a CStatic member of my CDialog class using > DDX_Control(). Now, when I call GetClientRect() from my CStatic member, the > windo rectangle is 150 wide and 15 deep. What control...

Display custom dockable window in excel
Can we create our own Dockable windows (having our own controls) in excel (Windows 2003) like Getting started, The dockable window that appears when we click on File -> New. Please tell me the whether it is possible or not. If so what are the classes that I need to use and what are the problems that may face if I use the same code on old versions of excel. Thanks in advance. -- Venkat you should find that answer at microsoft office support, at microsofts web page, or type the question in googles web search and you will get examples ...

Modal dialog box with a tree control is hidden
I am facing a strange problem on Windows 98 system,The Modal dialog box with a tree control is hidden behind the property sheet, which invokes that dialog. The application is a MDI application with two views,the view which is derived from the scroll view class invokes the property page for a widget in that view.In the property page on clicking on a button should invoke a modal dialog box with a tree control in it.This works fine on Win Xp, WinNT machines but on Win98,it behaves strangely as i have mentioned above. Is it a know bug ?? Thanks in advance. Pavan K Thirunagari It sounds like i...

How to embed reports in Web Forms and Windows Forms?
Is there anywhere I can get the details about how to embed reports in Web Forms and Windows Forms? Seems like it require good skill and not that easy Thank you Regards Raj Raj Are you talking about Report Viewer control? "Raj" <Raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C53D4B36-2683-4166-BE47-B3ABFCAEF68F@microsoft.com... > Is there anywhere I can get the details about how to embed reports in Web > Forms and Windows Forms? > > Seems like it require good skill and not that easy > > Thank you > > Regards > Raj ...

Problems with Window in Dialog Owner Draw? #5
I Skin the CDialog based windows,in the window,the Minbox and MaxBox and CloseBox are exist,the title bar are Owner drawed of cause and the three "button",They show well,but the button in the task bar that stand for the Dialog ,does not work well, when the dialog is active,you click the button in task bar the dialog can not hide(Or as we say the dialog in min state.). thanks, Tylor ...

Outlook 2007/Windows 7
Hi everyone, I have a big problem, seemingly When I open my Outlook 2007, I get this popup window [image: http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/2488/26819666.jpg] "Cannot open your default email folders. The information store could not be opened" I can't start my outlook. I have Windows 7 OS, Office 2007 SP2, with last updates I correctly created my email profile and test connectivity with exchange server in control panel email folder. Anyone to help me? -- almirk http://forums.slipstick.com I have the same problem, did you ever get a reply or find...

Office Chart 10.0 on Windows Forms(.NET)
Hello Developers, I would like to use a line-chart component onto my Windows Forms to show the changes in Values (Y-axis) versus to Time (X-axis). I need a continuously changing data flow 4-6 times per second. Is this possible with Office Chart 10.0 component at Line-type chart on the Windows Forms? I thank your consideration in advance. -- İyi Çalışmalar Alper AKÇAYÖZ (Bil Muh) Wish You Good Work Alper AKCAYOZ (Bil Muh) ...

Vista Kernel in windows 7
Does windows 7 have the same kernel as vista sp2? If so, what advantages are there in performance as it relates to copying large files. Thank you -- Carl No. Windows 7 is a re-write. Performance is better in Windows 7 on many fronts. There are a few idiots here who believe that Windows 7 is just a service pack but it isn't. "MrC" <nf@no.com> wrote in message news:eOIYlCimKHA.3128@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > > Does windows 7 have the same kernel as vista sp2? If so, what advantages > are there in performance as it relates to co...

Adding a third part font to Windows CE6.0 R3
I'm would like to add a third party font to my current project or make it an options under Core Os/CEBASE/Fonts Add it to show up under Microsoft's fonts? Probably not as good an idea as you think. It is easy enough to add it to the Third Party folder and catalog items though. -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman Eurotech Inc. www.Eurotech.com "TomRuss" <TomRuss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F23D4008-0D3D-4825-8F02-A53F29FE2FF1@microsoft.com.....

Hidden rows viewable with Cursor-Down Key
I have a strange problem on one installation of Excel (2000 SP3). Hidden Rows can be scrolled through when using the down-cursor key. The values appear in the formula bar, while the highlighted cell is simply a thick border between the two visible cells. Once on the other side of the hidden cells the highlight cell returns to a thick border box and it scrolls down the page as normal. Starting from the other side of the hidden rows - If I cursor up, it'll skip the hidden rows and go right to the next visible row. If I hide columns and move left and right it works correctly too. I don't...

How to get a screenshoot from a partially covered dialog window?
Hi, few months ago I post a similar question in this thread: http://groups.google.it/group/microsoft.public.vc.mfc/browse_thread/thread/da84516035755461/4fab0222d48a6217?hl=it#4fab0222d48a6217 I cannot do that, but I'm still interested. I'm finding a way to obtain a bitmap screenshoot of a partially covered /invisible cdialog window. Is this possible? this is what I've tried: I've two dialog, in the first I load a bitmap, then I send a wm_printclient message to copy itself in a DC and finally I bltBit the content of the DC in a second DC associated to the second dialog. In ...

Is Excel 2000 compatible with Windows 98 and or ME?
I am wondering if excel 2000 is compatible with windows 98 or ME. I know excel 2003 is not and I prefer not have to buy 2 new computers. Just wondering if 2000 is compatible. I use xl2002 with win98SE (and until last week, win98!). You should have no trouble with xl2k. dickerdmann wrote: > > I am wondering if excel 2000 is compatible with windows 98 or ME. I know > excel 2003 is not and I prefer not have to buy 2 new computers. Just > wondering if 2000 is compatible. -- Dave Peterson Thanks man. I appreciate the quick response and help. DE "dickerdmann" wrote...

Unhide database window
Hi, I hide database window window in the start up of the application,in Office 2003 i use the below code to unhide it: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowUnhide I try to use the same code with Office 2007 but it does not work,can anybody help? (...) > I hide database window window in the start up of the application,in > Office 2003 i use the below code to unhide it: > DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowUnhide > > I try to use the same code with Office 2007 but it does not work,can > anybody > help? Try this instead: DoCmd.SelectObject acTable,"",True K.P. MVP, Pola...

CRM 4 and Windows Server Fax Services issue
Hi, I have CRM 4 enterprise on Windows 2003 server and I also installed the Fax services and configure a local fax printer. Now, my problem is that everytime i tried to create a fax activity in my CRM, the Cover page does not show anything, by when I navigate to 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\Common Coverpages' the files are present and available in the folder. Please advise. ...

I cannot access "Logo" in personal settings window. Whats' wrong?.
When accessing my personal information for editing the Logo window appears to be locked or inactive. Right or left clicking does absolutely nothing!!! Let's start at the beginning. What version of Publisher and what steps are you taking? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Neal" <Neal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D896DF5-1FBF-492C-8B71-C6348CB0A980@microsoft.com... > When accessing my personal information for editing the Logo window appears > to > be locked or inactive. Right or left clicking does absolutely nothing!!! Inse...

Windows Auto Login
I have my Windows Live set to automatically log me in when I invoke the application. However, on one computer, it always asks for my password. Any ideas why? It's asking for my email password (hotmail account). It seems that I have to enter it once per day. If I get on a 2nd or 3rd time, it doesn't always ask for my password again, however, it definitely will the next day. I'm not sure if it has to do with the reboot, but it will ask for my email password again. Again.. my other computer logs me in each and every time. Thanks Windows Live Mail (not Wi...