Hidden Outlook Directory

Outlook appears to have a hidden directory where it
stores/places attachments which you have opened from
within an email.  The path is C:\Documents and
Settings\Admin\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files>.
The hidden directory, on my pc, is called OLK22A.
Problem with the directory is that I can only see it/get
to it via a dos window.  It doesn't show up in Windows
Explorer even though I indicated that I wanted Explorer
to show all hidden files and directories.

How can I unhide this directory?  I don't like having
things sit on my harddrive that I don't want and/or
control.

Thanks.
0
verloren (3)

>The path is C:\Documents and
>Settings\Admin\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files>.
>The hidden directory, on my pc, is called OLK22A.
>Problem with the directory is that I can only see it/get
>to it via a dos window.  It doesn't show up in Windows
>Explorer even though I indicated that I wanted Explorer
>to show all hidden files and directories.

There's nothing you can do of which I'm aware to get Windows to treat that
folder as an ordinary folder.  It's special and Windows will never allow you
to examine it the way you want.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)
12/1/2003 4:38:25 PM
"Brian Tillman" <Tillman@sparkingwire.com> wrote in message
> >The path is C:\Documents and
> >Settings\Admin\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files>.
> >The hidden directory, on my pc, is called OLK22A.
> >Problem with the directory is that I can only see it/get
> >to it via a dos window.  It doesn't show up in Windows
> >Explorer even though I indicated that I wanted Explorer
> >to show all hidden files and directories.
>
> There's nothing you can do of which I'm aware to get Windows to treat that
> folder as an ordinary folder.  It's special and Windows will never allow
you
> to examine it the way you want.
> --

Oh yes there is.
In Windows Explorer go to Tools-Folder Options-View and uncheck the box that
says "Hide Protected Operating System Files". That should do it.

HTH

0
me9 (928)
12/1/2003 4:44:07 PM
>Oh yes there is.
>In Windows Explorer go to Tools-Folder Options-View and uncheck the box
that
>says "Hide Protected Operating System Files". That should do it.

That still doesn't change the way Windows presents the folder to you.  No
matter what you do, the "Temporary Internet Files" folder will not be
presented as it actually exists on the machine.  You won't, for example,
ever see the subfolders IE creates unless you use a DOS window to examine
it.  Windows Explorer just won't do it.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)
12/1/2003 4:51:55 PM
> >Oh yes there is.
> >In Windows Explorer go to Tools-Folder Options-View and uncheck the box
> that
> >says "Hide Protected Operating System Files". That should do it.
>
> That still doesn't change the way Windows presents the folder to you.  No
> matter what you do, the "Temporary Internet Files" folder will not be
> presented as it actually exists on the machine.  You won't, for example,
> ever see the subfolders IE creates unless you use a DOS window to examine
> it.  Windows Explorer just won't do it.
> --
> Brian Tillman
> Smiths Aerospace
> 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3
> Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991
> Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain.
>
> I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me.

Sorry, I thought the OP was asking about the pst file - must read the posts
more thoroughly!

0
me9 (928)
12/1/2003 4:59:05 PM
"rifleman" <me9@privacy.net> wrote in message
> "Brian Tillman" <Tillman@sparkingwire.com> wrote in message
> > >Oh yes there is.
> > >In Windows Explorer go to Tools-Folder Options-View and uncheck the box
> > that
> > >says "Hide Protected Operating System Files". That should do it.
> >
> > That still doesn't change the way Windows presents the folder to you.
No
> > matter what you do, the "Temporary Internet Files" folder will not be
> > presented as it actually exists on the machine.  You won't, for example,
> > ever see the subfolders IE creates unless you use a DOS window to
examine
> > it.  Windows Explorer just won't do it.
> > --
> > Brian Tillman
> > Smiths Aerospace
> > 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3
> > Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991
> > Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain.
> >
> > I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me.
> >

> Sorry, I thought the OP was asking about the pst file - must read the
posts
> more thoroughly!

BTW, why is the OP asking about Temp Internet files in an Outlook group
using a subject of "Hidden Outlook Directory"? temp Internet Files are
nothing to do with Outlook OR its directory.

0
me9 (928)
12/1/2003 5:03:32 PM
>BTW, why is the OP asking about Temp Internet files in an Outlook group
>using a subject of "Hidden Outlook Directory"?

Because, as he said in his original post, that's where attachments are
stored when you open them from within Outlook by, for example,
double-clicking them.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)
12/2/2003 12:26:47 AM
Guess it's just another Gatesism.  I did have that box
unchecked.  Guess I'll just create a batch file to delete
the contents via dos.

Thanks!

0
verloren (3)

CRM & Outlook 06-16-04
Hi, We have a demo setup of CRM 1.2 running on a Windows 2003 Server. We want to sync the tasks and contact in CRM with the Outlook folder of a certain user. How can this be done ? Do we have to install Exchange ? Thx If you have outlook with the crm addin running and select go offline there is an option to update outlook as well so contacts will appear from crm "taja" <taja2005@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23vJjqJ8UEHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > We have a demo setup of CRM 1.2 running on a Windows 2003 Server. We want to > sync the tasks...

i want notifier in outlook express , please help how can i get ?
i want notifier for new mail on my screen but i am unable to find the same . Ask in an Outlook Express group. This group is for Outlook, which has nothing to do with Outlook Express. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options. http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "raman sharma" <raman sharma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:078E35DB-16E5-4840-81D1-52763D5C7AB4@microsoft.com... >i want notifier for new mail on my screen b...

Outlook Slow & Errors
When I close Outlook2000 I keep getting this error message. "Program C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office]Outlook.exe" I'm using Office 2000 Prof ed, with Wind2k. Also, its real slow loading from one click to the next. A lot of time outs waiting for download of emails. HAd been working fine a couple of weeks ago, but steadily getting worse. Rest of computer seems fine, except when Outlook locks up. How do I correct? ...

Outlook & Outlook Express
I have both loaded on my computer (Express was my original e-mail program). I successfully loaded Outlook and copied my contact list. I then set Outlook as the default. Nevertheless, I only get mail on O-Express, even though all my settings on Outlook, Outlook-Express list Outlook as the default. Mail settings on my control panel verify this. What's wrong??? Firstly with OE closed does OL send/receive OK ie send yourself a msg If OK, either delete mail accounts in OE, or set it to not check for mail. If you use OE (mail) and OL whichever is open will receive mail, assuming the ...

Unable to automatic close Outlook
After installing CRM Outlook client on laptop it isn't possible to close pc. This funtionality closes all open programs and shut down computer. After CRM is installed Outlook needs to be closed manual. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micro...

Why does Outlook delete my remarks when sending an attachment?
When I am working in a Word, Powerpoint, or Excel file and I use the email link from that program, any remarks I put in the email are deleted before it is sent. The recipient's version of the email does not have any remarks in it. I am using Outlook 2007 with a classification Add-in. This does not happen when I use Outlook to create, reply to, or forward emails; it only happens when I send an attachment using the email link in the Microsoft program. It does not happen when I use the email link in Adobe Reader or other non-Microsoft programs. Does anyone know why Outlook ...

Outlook Contact Problem
Where can be the reason of the following effect: outlook 2003, XP Pro. SP2 approx. 650 contacts in .pst data base, Something (parameter, process) causes delete (remove) the group of the SAME old contacts approx.120) and NEW entered, continously (with a period ~ 120 minutes) to Delete Folder. I transfer all contacts back to the Contact Folder and again they are removing to the Delete Folder. In my home platform, very similar (2003, XP pro, Sp2) to describing one, that same contact base behaves properly. Contacts are synchronized using ActiveSync 3.7 and PPC hx4700 WM2003 2nd edition. Have you ...

Excel
We have Excel and Outlook 2002 and I am trying to link specific cells from a task in Outlook to Excel. Is this possible to be done. Create a linked object or embedded object from information in a existing file Open the file that contains the information you want to create a linke object or embedded object from, and then select the information. Click Copy or Cut . Switch to the item you want to place the information in, and then clic where you want the information to appear. On the Edit menu, click Paste Special. To create a linked object, click Paste Link. To create an embedded ...

OLMAPI32.dll is blocking outlook, how do I fix?
dialogue box says OLMAPI32 is incompatible with MS Office 2007. Install outlook again. Can this be fixed any other way? Rename the file to .old and then run fixmapi.exe. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, jmklasvegas asked: | dialogue box says OLMAPI32 is incompatible with MS Office 2007. | Install outlook again. Can this be fixed any other way? ...

Highlight (yellow) not available in Outlook 2003
In Outlook 2002, when I sought to edit an email using Word as my editor, I had Highlight (yellow) available on my Formatting toolbar. Now I'm using Outlook 2003 and I don't have Highlight (yellow) available. Why did it disappear? Is it not available in Outlook 2003. If it is, how do I get it on my Formatting toolbar. Note: I just reviewed Janet Acklen's Absolute Beginners Guide to WP11 text for our computer club newsletter. I'd be happy to send her a copy, and I'd certainly value her response to this email! Um, what does WordPerfect have to do with Outlook? Just ...

Outlook 2003, file extension
The file extensions have been stripped from my incoming mail attachments. Is there a fix? It is affection all mail sorces: ie. aol, earthlink, msn, jusno. etc. Hi TCF, maybe this could help, the outlook tuner FREEWARE http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/OL_Prog.htm#11 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "TCF" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c32e01c47a3b$0fa1d620$a301280a@phx.gbl... > The file extensions have been strippe...

outlook on a network question
Hi, I have outlook as bundled with office 2000 on our pc's at home. What I'd like to do is to have the messages and address book one once pc, that is accessed from both. I did have this working a couple of years back, but we changed the setup. How can I tell one of the installations to use the data as stored on the other pc? I do know that you can only run outlook on one pc at a time using this facility. Thanks Is Outlook 2000 configured in Corporate/Workgroup or Internet Mail Only mode? (See Help | About Microsoft Outlook. Second or third line should state the mode Out...

when i start outlook, i get a "migrating user info...." or someth.
when i start outlook, i get a "migrating user info...." or something like that, then it tells me that "the of folders couldn't be opened" and then it shuts down. i can't even open it to tweak the preferences and fix the problem.....what is my problem anyway ? JD <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when i start outlook, i get a "migrating user info...." or something > like that, then it tells me that "the of folders couldn't be opened" > and then it shuts down. i can't even open it to tweak the > preferences an...

Sychronising Outlook Calenders
Does anyone know if there is a way of sychronising the calenders in outlook 2002 on two separate machines so that the appointments are the same on both? Thanks Scott See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Scott Mullen" <scott@scottmullen.com.au> wrote in message news:07eb01c35d5c$7c930490$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if there i...

Re: Outlook 2003 Losing Configuration on Logout/Reboot
Windows XP Pro SP3. Outlook 2003 (SP3?). Windows SBS 2008 Premium Domain with Roaming Profiles & Folder Redirection. Seemingly at random, when I create new users on the server, then go and set them up on their workstations, I'll get one user who's Outlook 2003 keeps being wiped clean of all configuration settings after every logout or reboot. Once it starts happening, it will always be the same user, the same workstation, every reboot, every logout/login. Outlook will start up, run the installation wizard, then the configuration (first-run) wizard. I can go and pull up th...

How to import OE messages into Outlook 2007
I have a computer with Windows 7. I have a ton of important emails archived to an external hard drive that I would like to import into Outlook 2007. I copied and pasted the .dbx files to a folder on the desktop. However, when I use the import function, I don't know how to get Outlook to point to the files. I have a feeling this can't be done with Windows 7. If it can, please give instructions. If not, is there a way around this? Thanks in advance. "sheana" <sheana@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:A309D94B-DA35-48D9-99BA-889D0FD59022@microsoft....

Outlook Resource
Hi All, I have a Outlook resource called ConferenceRoom1. Is it possible to configure this resource when selected to automatically go in the resource field when choosing from catagores such as required, optional, and resource? I am constentlly having problems with users who for get to book the conference room as a required instead of resource. Thanks in advace. Claude No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook...

MS Outlook Password Box
I've configured Outlook 2002 and found that once I've entered the users username & password the password box pops up when a email is delivered into the client. I then click ok and the password box disappears, is there any way i can stop it from showing when emails come in. thanks IGET THAT TOO DId you find an answer "Ray" <ray.darby@cjgarland.com> wrote in message news:0c5e01c39fa8$13b6b910$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I've configured Outlook 2002 and found that once I've > entered the users username & password the password box > pops up when a e...

Locked hidden cells
Is there any way of stopping someone getting the values of locked hidden cells on a protected worksheet by linking to them on another worksheet? "John Bundy" <jmbundy@gmail.com(remove)> wrote > The right person can get into anything they want regardless of protection, > the more secure you make it the more people you stop but there are always > some. As far as linking them to another sheet, if they will break > protection > on one it is just as easy to do on two so I wouldn't bother Thanks. It seems ridiculous that you can hide data by protecting the...

Outlook 2003
I am using Outlook 2003 on Exchange and would like to grant permissions to about 25 folders in my Mailbox. Will I need to change the property settings for each folder or is there a more efficient method? If the latter, are there any other suggestions on how to provide access? You would have to set the permissions on each folder. Be advised however that if you create a new folder, sets its permissions, any new subfolder under said "new folder" will inherit permissions*. /neo * tested by creating new folders. not sure how this would play out in regards to moving existing ...

How can I trasnfer my contacts from Palm to outlook?
I have my schedule in Palm and I want to transfer everything to Outlook is it possible? Mirta Ortiz Ortega <Mirta Ortiz Ortega@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my schedule in Palm and I want to transfer everything to > Outlook is it possible? With the sync tool that came with your Palm it should be. -- Brian Tillman ...

outlook 2002
Is there a way to print out the e-mail rules that I have implemented. They've grown to a huge number so I would like to prune and consolidate them. -- Bill Mitchell No, not possible. But you can export them so you can restore them later. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Bill Mitchell" <training@jcnypd.org> wrote in message news:PcWBc.245655$hY.223933@twister.nyroc.rr.com... > Is there a way to print out the e-mail rules that I have imple...

SQL Job sending a file to a network directory?
Hi, I am trying to create a Job in SQL Server 2005 and have an output file being sent to a local directory. I can do this no problem by sending the file to a local directory, but when I try to send this to a Network directory, the process still runs successfully but the file does not show in the specificed network drive. Is it possible to send files this way? Below is how I am sending it to the Network Directory. =91\\myservername\global$\myfiles\=94 Any thoughts and/or suggestions would greatly be apprciated and thank you in advance for any help! Replied in .programming ...

Error During Downloading Messages in Outlook 2003
I am connected to an exchange server and all of a sudden i receive the following error 'Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.' I looked at the article that one of the gentleman sent me however thats for a POP3 account and i am using an exchange server. Hope someone can help. Best Regards ...

Valid patch installer, cannot start or remove outlook
Outlook 2003 Windows xp Home When I try to run Outlook it tells me there is a problem and i need to restart or reinstall. When I try to remove OUtlook via the Control panel i get an error that i need to contact my vendor to see if this is a valid windows installer package. If I try to run setup from the cd I get the same error. I ran OFFCLN.exe on the cd to try and remove outlook. I get the same error. The same thing is also happening to my installation of Frontpage 2003. What else can i do? Or should I just brew a pot of coffe and reformat the HDD? I appreciate any help ...