Help with Rules Please!

I have a quick question with the rules setup in outlook 2003.

I love the Spam (Trash) filter in this program.  My only issue is, I can't
seem to use it with my current set of rules.  I currently manage about 5
email account (a fax server, three separate work accounts and a  personal
account).  Now, when I setup the rule:

Apply this rule after the message arrives

Through the WORK ACCOUNT A

Move it to the WORK A folder

This all works great, only it also applies it to all junk mail as well as
mail that goes into my inbox.  So here in my dilemma:  How do I get the
rules to send all Junk Mail to Junk mail but mail from a specific account to
it's account folder I have setup.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

0
skippertw (5)

If Then Help!!!!
Hi! I'm stuck. I have a working macro but it needs a small tweek. The macro executes a find statement and performs calculations from the find to the end of the column. The problem is when nothing is found. I need an if statement or suggestion on how to tell it to skip the calculations if there is nothing found. This is what I have so far(with no if's): Cells.Find(What:="RIM", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas _ , LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _ MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate Selection.End(xlToRi...

Online help, OTHER than Microsoft's
Would anyone know of FREE tutorials or instructions for Publisher, other than the Microsoft's, which would fill in the many spaces in between the lines of instruction that I've found there. There are a few university sites that I've found and some other miscellaneous, but I'm looking for help geared to the self-taught beginner-user who probably doesn't know some of the ABC she should, AND that will really get the thing to WORK! Specifically, printing out a business card that I tried numerous ways to set up from scratch within Publisher. Many, many thanks, ...

Help! Help content lost (links to 2010?)
When I try to get online Help from Word, I see a page which has the new Office logo for 2010. The framework for Help is provided, but there is no content under any of the headings. ("No results available"). This was from a VBA page, so I was seeking Word Developer help. If I right-click the title "Word Developer Help" and paste the URL property, I get: http://office2010.microsoft.com/client/helphome.aspx?lcid=3081&NS=WINWORD%2EDEV&Version=12 But I'm running Office 2007. I also have Office 2003 installed. How can I get help for Word 2007? Fur...

Any Help?
I like to keep the top 20 music charts on a simple excel file ie Artist - Song - Date - Chart Position Every year i update it with the previous years chart. I manage to get the data like this Hard-Fi Cash Machine 01 Jan 14 Ordinary Boys Boys Will Be Boys 01 Jan 3 Editors Munich 08 Jan 10 Ideally i would love it in seperate columns and rows like this..commas are seperate columns etc Hard-Fi , Cash Machine , 01 Jan ,14 Ordinary Boys , Boys Will Be Boys , 01 Jan , 3 Editors , Munich 08 Jan 10 If i copy n paste using transpose i get the info but all on one row which isnt wh...

XmlSerializer help
Hi, I have a class: public class Note { public string name; public string information; } And i Serialize this class, but want to Serialize it to an XmlDocument which will contain many of these elements. How do i do this? Thank you, Tim. Timothy, take a look at Chris Lovett's XmlNodeWriter on www.gotdotnet.com [0]. Simply pass the node where you want to insert the serialized XML into the XmlDocument to an XmlNodeWriter and pass the XmlNodeWriter to the Serialize method. -- HTH Christoph Schittko [MVP] Software Architect, .NET Mentor [0] http://gotdotnet.com/Communit...

Formula Help #39
I am using a way to do the following column1 column 2 column 3 (2+3)+(3*5) 5+15 20 in the first column I want to be able to see the expresion in the second column I want to have the result of each parenthesis and in the final column the result Please help Thanks Stelios ...

Macro Help #4
Hi I am trying to write a Macro that opens another workbook (test.csv) and copies the data from and places into the workbook with the macro (testenabled.xmls) which will run on a scheduled task. I keep running into this error run time error '9' subscript out of range Here is the code - I would really appreciate some help. Sub test() ' ' test Macro ' ' ChDir "C:\Users\j.dibble.CTS\Desktop" Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\Users\j.dibble.CTS\Desktop\test.csv" Range("A1:B5").Select Selection.Copy Windows("Book1"...

Need help creating a formula
I would like to create a formula that will check to see if there is value in one of two cells, multiply the found value by a value i another cell and return a total. Specifically: Cell B1 Cell B2 CellB3 Either B1 or B2 will contain a value, not both. If B1 has a value, it will be multiplied by the value in B37 and th result displayed in B3. If B2 has a value, it will be multiplied by the value in B38 and th result displayed in B3. Th -- storeman496 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- storeman4966's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.ph...

Need Help Filtering a Form with VBA
I have a form whose underlying data comes primarily from "Table1" (for this example). On the form is a drop-down box that displays a field named "Primary OBS" for each record. "Primary OBS" is stored in "Table1". It is an index into another table "Table2" which contains a field named "Team Code". "Team Code" can look like "JD130000" or "JG320000", etc. What I need to do is to filter the records in the form by the first two letters of the "Team Code". In other words, the user ca...

help populating appointment times in table
I will try to explain as simply as I can. I have a database that keeps client records and creates appointment dates and times after update of a provider name combobox by running a macro with several queries. Now here is where I don't know what I am doing. I have it working perfectly providing someone has not used the 9:00 spot in the appointment book because I have it defaulting to 9am. How do I add code to have the default change to a different time for any record where the 9:00 spot is already used? I am not very good with the code writing though I can manage to add a snippet in...

Help With Score Card / Questionnaire Type Form
This is part of a longer post I tried to send earlier. I am building an Access application that resembles a questionnaire or score card. This is occurring to capture data in a database instead using individual Excel spreadsheets as is the practice now. I need help with getting the form to look like the spreadsheet with multiple questions displayed on the screen at the same time. I have created a table, DM Checklist, that contains the fields store number, date, DM category, pt value and question, and score. I have other tables – DM Category Table, DM Category Comments Table, Sales ...

Rules Troubleshooting?
I am trying to create a rule that will block messages containing the Swen Virus. The way I am trying to do it is by creating a rule that checks the email after it's downloading for keywords in the subject line. However, once i've created the rule it says "you dont have appropriate permission to perform this operation" Does anyone know how to resolve this problem or what could be causing it I too have been messing around with a rule to remove these Swen virus messages. I figured out that they are either 104 or 113 KB so I set up a rule to remove e-mails of these sizes b...

Cannot view / enter any GL accounts! HELP!
I ran the Check Links yesterday. Now, I cannot see / access / view / created any GL accounts. I first thought that all disappeared as when I open the lookup window, they are all gone. However, after logging in as the sa, they are definitely all there. It appears every user lost access to do anything with GL accounts. When one attempts to manual type in a valid GL account, it simply erases itself once entry is complete. HELP! Did you check your check links reports what did they show?? Can you see the accounts as a Power User or only as sa? "Adam" wrot...

Outlook Rules Wizard #3
Have a question regarding e-mail receipts. I have applied rules wizard to screen unwanted e-mails. I have entered the word, such as "SPAM", to be screened. If found in the subject or body of the e-mail, it is to be deleted from the ISP server before it is ever downloaded to my computer. Occassionally I will get the message, "You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation", and the message will get through. I will then go in rules wizard and my rule box will be unchecked. I will have to re-check it to re- activate the rule. How can I make...

exchange server side rules not working
Hi there We are running Exchange 2003 on a Small Business Server computer. A couple of weeks ago server-side rules created in Outlook stopped working. For instance, one rule forwards all incoming messages to my BlackBerry, and though the rule itself hasn't changed, it no longer works. I can't find anything on the net about troubleshooting server-side rules on Exchange Server. I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction Best regards Loane On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 18:47:31 +0200, "Loane Sharp" <look_sharp_not@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi there >W...

layout help-creating 2 pages on 8 1/2 x 11 paper for booklet
I am new to Publisher, so bear with me.... I am trying to create a booklet using 8 1/2 x 11 paper in positioned in landscape position. I would like to get 2 pages on one piece of paper, but with the text in a portrait position, if that makes sense. Can anyone guide me? Thanks. -- Lauren When you setup your publication as a booklet, the pages are presented in the correct order automatically. The half pages will be portrait. Have you tried to setup a booklet? If you have, what problems are you experiencing? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.or...

Outlook2003: Display rules disappear (Tools/Organize/Colors/Automatic..)
Hi all, Some help needed re rules created in Tools/Organize/Colors/Automatic..: Those rules disappear randomly and without obvious reason. Some of them move to an other folder, where they are useless. Is there any way to save/restore those rules in order to avoid rekeying everything again and again? Where are they located? Are they accessible? Thanks for your help, Bibif they are stored in views - did you change views on the folder where you lost them? The best way to keep them is to copy the current view or make a new view and set the rules. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ...

help on macro for making chart
Hi, i want to make a plot using macro where I want my x-axis to be the value from the same column but random rows for example R18C3,R19C3,R21C3,R23C3,R25C3,R27C3 ( only rows are changing) and my Y-axis should also be something like this R18C5,R19C5,R21C5,R23C5,R25C5,R27C5 ( only rows are changing) For one plot It is working but i do not know how i can plot for other columns... the code looks like this Sub Macro2() ' ' Macro2 Macro ' Macro recorded 3/30/2007 by Roger ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+m ' Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatterLines ...

Rules Error #3
I keep getting this dialog box: Rules in Error Rule: Server-Requested Client Action Error: MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg. I've checked my rules, and they all work. This only comes up when starting Outlook. What's going on here? ...

VB Help Needed
Can someone help me with the following code:- Sub SendEmail() Dim Email As String, Subj As String Dim Msg As String, URL As String Email = Range("A5") For Each c In Range("D7:D30") If c.Value = 0 Then SySname = c.Offset(, -3).Value Subj = SySname Msg = "" Msg = Msg & "Hi" & Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 6) & "," & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Your AS400 password is due to expire on the above mentioned system. Please log on and change your password" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf...

Microsoft Money 2003 Password help please
I have never used Money 2003 for doing anything other than debugging my MSN Portfolio when it refused to donwload transactions from Schwab over a year ago when certain OFX transactions were causing Brokerage download to abort. Support kept telling me to use Money, so I broke down and bought it (Money 2003) over a year ago. It did allow me to download brokerage data and see the audit trail of OFX transactions, and by trial and error I determined what was causing the problem. I couldn't get Schwab support to change what it was sending nor could I get MSN Portfolio support to allow download...

Rules Wizard does not move, only copies!
I'm going crazy with the rules wizard in Outlook 2000. I CANNOT get it to move messages... it only copies them. I've tried different settings (including selecting copy instead of move), and while the other settings such as delete work, the move setting does't work right. I have to clean out my inbox and another folder regularly! I'd appreciate any tips about solving this headache. Thanks! Bob P.S. A hint on how to delete multiple messages or move multiple messages would also be nice. Outlook seems to only want to deal with only one message at a time. ...

Seeking way to "Select All" when trying to Run Rules Now
I have dozens and dozens of rules. Is there someway, other than checking each one individually to run them ALL when choosing the Run Rules Now feature? Thanks! Ben -- Teachers Live Forever! There is in Outlook 2007 (VBA code), but not earlier versions.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Ben Feese" <feese(notthis)@maysvilleky...

I need help with charts in Excel 2007
I need help with inserting dates on the axes. I have dates as my column headings on my worksheet in row 2. I am trying to create a chart using the dates and just the data I have entered in a particular row, say row 12. It works fine if I chose line 3, but I need to create charts using other lines. Is this possible? Select the data in row 2, then hold CTRL while selecting the data in another row, and insert your chart. Alternatively, create your chart, and on the Chart Tools > Design tab, choose Change Data, and change the reference from row 3 to row whatever. Or select the series,...

Pls Help synch with MS Exchange server b4 I screw things up
I'm using : Outlook 2002 Exchange server (MSES) 2000 PC#1: set up; doing fine PC#2: need to set up Outlook and synch with MSES w/o screwing up MSES or PC#1 I'm trying to synch 2 separate computers...eg email, contacts, calendar, tasks... Currently have everything working well on pc#1....now need to set up on #2 I'm unclear as to the synch process w/ MSES.. On PC #2 have set set up folders exactly like #1.. Should I do PST export from 1 and import to #2? then synch with MSES? Or not import, and just synch with MSES...(I don't want to delete my files on MSES by syching wit...