help with pst - operation failed. Object cannot be found

Outlook 2000, Windows 2000 pro.

Somehow I've got an extra "Personal Folders".  When I try to close it I get
the error message:  "The operation failed, an object could not be found".
When I go to the control panel>mail the "Personal Folders" does not show up
on the "Services" tab.

Was working fine.  Can't remember doing anything strange recently - folder
just "showed up".

Any ideas on where to look?  I can add other "Personal Folders" and close or
remove them but not this one.

Andy

0
apfoll (5)

Need help with CListCtrl
Using CListCtrl, but when I sort the indexes do not go along with the records. Here's what I mean: Suppose I add these items: Row 0: John Row 1: Bob Row 2: Tom Now when I click on the header and sort them in alphabetical order: Row 1: Bob Row 0: John Row 2: Tom Now when I call GetItemData(0) I am expecting to get "John". 0 is where I added "John". But instead, I get "Bob" (the new sort ordered index). So this presents a problem. I have no idea where John is anymore.. in case I wanted to edit that item later, I have to scan through all the items. You...

IF function help
I have a worksheet that someone wants to have all the blank cells in the range display a "0" and the other cells to display whatever is in them. I have tried to figure out an IF function, but don't know what to put for the false part. Is there a way to have it just display what is in the cell as the false?? Try =IF(A1="",0,A1) It should work for the situation described below. >-----Original Message----- >I have a worksheet that someone wants to have all the >blank cells in the range display a "0" and the other cells >to display whatev...

Why does Outlook keep connecting to my archive PST file?
I'm trying to offload some messages in my Outlook Personal Folder. I exported a folder as an ARCHIVE .pst file. In outlook, it said the folder was 300mb. It seemed to run quite a while but finally the PST file stopped incremeting in size at around 700mb. I let it sit for a while and after it didn't increment anymore, I quite Outlook and the archive.pst.tmp file dissappeared. Now every time I launch Outlook, it creates a new '~archive.pst.tmp' file in the same directory as my archive.pst file. Why does it do that? Should I be concerned? Can I now move this archive.pst f...

Reporting in CRM help!!!!!!!
Hi guys, It would be great if anyone could help me with this one. In the Sales Pipline report instead of using estimatedvalue for my calculations I want to use another custom field. Does anyone know how this can be done and if so how. I don't want to change any of the functionality of the report just simple change the field that use. My custom field is also a Money field Thanks Will Assuming you are using v3.0, You need visual studio to modify reports. Reports are saved in SQL reporting Services. If you are using 1.2, you customize reports using crystal "Will" wrote: ...

Hotmail/outlook 0x800CCC0D error 'server not found'
for the last 4 days I been getting intermittent error message with my Outlook2003..............Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'The server could not be found.' I've been grandfathered in so I am allowed to use Outlook with my Hotmail. I've repaired outlook, used the Winsock fixer, turned off NAV and Norton Security, went from wireless to plugged directly in the the cable modem, etc. Now I found out my Father, next town over, is having the same happen to him. Different Internet provider. Looking on the http://su...

Please help #3
What does it mean when your publication has a blue screen with a pink background? That is what happens when I open Publisher. I cannot tell what colors are what. It means yucky colour scheme. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" mlyon1@hotmail.com wrote: > What does it mean when your publication has a blue screen > with a pink background? That is what happens when I open > Publisher. I cannot tell what colors are what. =========================== Maybe the info at the following link will help: http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd...

Help needed with Vlookup code
I have noticed other vlookup codes in excel and after looking at them have started to try and use them myself. 2 questions. 1) The codes i saw had a lot of $ signs in them. I dont use them when i use vlookup and it seems to work fine. Is there a reason $ signs are added? 2) I have a vlookup code "=VLOOKUP(A9,Database!A1:F8000,2,FALSE)" and so on for a few lines and when it finds a blank box it puts 0 in there to represent that. Is there a way i can have it so that instead of putting a zero in it just leaves the box blank? -- Help Needed -------------------------------------...

very interesting query- please help

Bar Code
I'm opening a new retail business and would like to use the Manufactures bar code on many of my items......but for the life of me I can't figure out how to load the information into my system. I've serched the HELP screens, but no answers. I'm desperate - Can anyone guide me on how to do this? Sincere, thanks to anyone who can help :) Monica If using the UPC as your ILC doesn't work, you can add the UPC codes to the Alias tab of the Item Properties. Then if you're searching for WIDGET you don't need to memorize the UPC codes. HTH, Tom "Monica" ...

Autobalance fails
The autobalance feature fails to autobalance an online account automatically eventhough the bank balance and downloaded transactions match. I can manually balance the account right after the autobalance failure message without selecting or deselecting individual transactions. The balance difference shows as 0.00. I have even tried to auto adjust account balance and Money tells me my register already matches the bank balance. This has occured repeatedly and is not an isolated incident. At some point in the past it has autobalanced without problems. Has anyone else experienced this ...

please help....
been trying to find how i can get office microsoft publisher,word,excel,templates and i own a windows 98 SECOND EDITION machine...I know it is somewhere yet i dont know where to look to find it...Can you please assist me in where i may locate on how to find it?Would like to download this too my system...Did have a windows 98 at the office i use to work at and we had microsoft there so i do believe it is somewhere.. thank you...kittenjasmine KittenJasmine, The only way you have Office is if you paid for it. It has nothing to do with which version of Windows that is installed on your compu...

CRM 3.0 crm Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-mail Router
HI all, i send the email from CRM to other people. but no have any recipient received the mail. i go event viewer check, no have any error msg found. my CRM 3.0 Server is install in computer a, Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-mail Router is on another server. what can i do to find out the what cause the email can't send. any help will be greatly apprieated. Hi, When i run Rule Deployment Wizard - and apply the rule to accounts, then i run Rule Deployment Wizard -and verify the rules. all users get the error message "The rule is apply but is not enabled" what does this mean? a...

Dlookup HELP 02-01-08
I am trying to use a DLOOKUP in a report To lookup a value in a stored query from information that is the report. I have a report that gives me a customers parent account name and I am trying to then use that parent account name to look up a comment stored in another query. This is how my formula looks =DLookUp("TXTFIELD","Query","Query.ParentAccount"="ParentAccountFromReport") Any sugesstions? Perhaps something along the lines of =DLookUp("TXTFIELD","Query","ParentAccount=""" & ParentAccountFromReport &a...

HELP!!! How do you create a query crieria for multi values??
Hello all, please hyelp, its an emergency!!! Need to create a query where one of the searches is male or female, how do I allow user to enter both as the search options?? Also how do I convert tix boxes into a query criteria (e.g. serach for all ticked) Thanks so much for your help ...

Excel 2003 autofill "object" eyesore
In Excel 2003 when I do an autofill (grab the corner of a cell and drag across several cells) I get an ugly autofill "object" or placeholder - drop-down box that does not appear in earlier versions. this thing is useless and hideous - and I can't find a way to supress this eyesore so it no longer appears. Any ideas? Thanks! Steve ...

Duplicate reference to .pst file Outlook 2003
I have Office 2003 including Outlook 2003 installed on a Win XP Pro machine. When Outlook opens two Personal Folders appear in the Mail window, one has the default icon, the second has the archive icon. I cannot delete either of these. In Properties|Advanced they both have the same exact path name to Outlook.pst. In the Calendar window under My Calendars appears Calendar and Calendar in Personal folders. In the Contacts window two sets of contact folders appear As Contacts and Contacts in Personal folders, etc. Likewise for the Tasks and Notes windows - duplicate icons appear. If I dele...

Data retention, archiving, offline pst searching et al.
hi there, my outlook storage has grown dramatically over the last couple of years. every couple of months I try to get rid of old data, but I have not found a good balance between reducing my "online" storage and having still access to older messages in a good way. so I thought I'd ask you out there if you eventually have some better ideas than I have. I have: Windows XP, Exchange server, Outlook 2007, offline folders in .ost file (max 200MB limit from Exchaneg server), ca. 90 (!) .pst files in sizes between 10MB up to 660MB, total 9GB of messages. currently all opened in...

Macro help: Adding Specified Blank Formatted Rows Automatically?
How do I make a macro that will prompt with a dialog box to copy the rows a certain number of times. For example, if I have 2 rows of data and I want to be able to specified any number of copies of the 2 rows blank without the data but maintain the formats (colors, condition, formulas, code, etc.). I want to add the rows to the existing worksheet. Also, I would want to this macro to be flexible to maintain it�s function if I add or delete columns from the chart. See sample chart File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=279064 (question5 sample1.xls) ----------------...

"Operation Failed' while opening attachments in outlook
When the users try to open email attachments using Outlook 2000, an error message appears as "Operation Failed". Users can send and receive messages without attachments. Even when users forward some message with attachment, same error appears. Exchange 5.5 Enterprise and outlook 2000 are the Email server and client s/w. This could be an indication of "logicalcorruption" of the private information store database. You can run isinteg-fix -pri -test alltests until you get 0 warnings 0 errors 0 fixes. This usually means two runs and the IS needs to be down for this to...

Error: "Operation Failed. An object could not be found"
I am attempting to close/delete a duplicate personal folder. I'm having difficulty and get the above error (listed in subject) I have Outlook 2003, WinXP sp1. I only see one personal .pst file when i search data location... I'm going to just add a new one but i still would like to have the other one completely off the folders window pane. Any help is appreciated Close Outlook, go to Control panel, mail. Make a new profile - do not copy your current profile. Add the current pst to the profile and set it as default message store. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach...

[ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default dr
Please Help… I have a button on a unbound form, that fires a macro to run the code below… however… I keep getting [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified I believe I have everything as far as Access installed correctly… Is there a problem with my code? Public Function Update_Assign() As String 'Error Handling On Error GoTo Err_Update_Assign_Click 'Establish Dim allRecords As ADODB.Recordset Dim cnCh5 As ADODB.Connection Dim strConnection As String Dim cmdCommand As ADODB.Command Set cmdCommand = New ADODB.Command Dim M...

priv+stm file much bigger than total pst files
Exchange 2003 SP2/Windows 2002 SP4 Some time ago I added an exchange server, and moved some mailboxes to the new server. Due to problems with speed etc. on the new server, the mailboxes were moved back and forth a few times. I found that the stm file suddenly exploded to a very big size. Thinking this would be resolved with an offline defrag, I tried that with no change at all. I have made pst files of the mailboxes and the figures are: Total of pst files: 9Gb priv1.edb: 7Gb priv1.stm: 33Gb I have run offline defrag again with no change in database size (surprisingly I expected some reduct...

Can I create OutlookTEST.pst?
Am using Outlook XP (aka Outlook 2002) On WinXP PC. Wanted to experiment with lots of importing, exporting, etc....but not on my REAL data. How easy is it to create a standalone test file (extracted from what I have now), like something named OutlookTEST.pst, open it, experiment, then put it aside or delete it, especially if it gets corrupted. I must be doing something wrong, because last time I created and opened a "secondary" file like this, the main Outlook.pst stayed opened also...meaning I couldn't close it...and worse it had the same name...all of that that opens up the ...

HELP: Email body deleted when I receive voting response
Hi All, I am sending emails in outlook through excel with voting buttons. But, whenever I vote using voting buttons in outlook, Email body gets deleted when the voting response email is sent. Is there any outlook property that I can use to keep the email body when the voting responses are sent? So for eg: If I have enabled voting buttons and asked to vote on something from person xyz, the person xyz votes "accept" or "reject" and the email body is deleted when I receive the vote response email. Is there a solution for this? I want the email body to stay w...

size of .pst file
My .pst file was very big (about 600 meg) so I deleted about half my emails from my inbox and then emptied the "Deleted Items" folder. However, when I check the size of the .pst file it remains the same. I'm using windows explorer to view the .pst fil Mike get in to the setting of the pst file and compact your pst file. pst file is like a database and when you move stuff in and out of the folder it creates space in the database, so it will remain the same size. "Mikeceee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3FD9777-A63E-4FA3-B3AB-FC864...