help with preview pane and "read receipts"

Hi, I'm new to Outlook administration.  We run Outlook on a server wit
Exchange.  Is it possible to setup Outlook on client PC's so that th
preview pane cannot be activated by individual users?

Also, can the blocking of "read receipts" by individual PC users b
prohibited within Outlook, at the server level?  If not, is there an
other way to do it?

My reasoning for wanting to do the above two things is to make th
"read receipts" function work more effectively.

Thanks for your suggestions.
:

Read Receipts #5
Is there a way you can shut off your clients option to send responses to read receipts. We want Outlook to always send a response (especially for internal mail) and we do not want the user to be able to change this. Also I would like to block the users ability to clear the deleted items folder. We still want administrators to be able to view this folder if that is possible. I would also like to shut off Auto Preview without going around to every client Is there a form of grou policy for Exchange? Thanks, Patrick Quinn i don't see any options in gpo for preventing users from cleari...

Sending Read Receipts
When people send e-mail with a receipt to show I've read it, receipt won't send. I get an error message. Other e- mails go out fine. What is the text of the error message? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Bob" <pelini@verizon.net> wrote in message news:0e5301c3b2d0$7a502400$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When people send e-mail with a receipt to show I've read > it, receipt won't send. I get an error message. Other e- > mails go out fine. ...

help with preview pane and "read receipts"
Hi, I'm new to Outlook administration. We run Outlook on a server wit Exchange. Is it possible to setup Outlook on client PC's so that th preview pane cannot be activated by individual users? Also, can the blocking of "read receipts" by individual PC users b prohibited within Outlook, at the server level? If not, is there an other way to do it? My reasoning for wanting to do the above two things is to make th "read receipts" function work more effectively. Thanks for your suggestions. : ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from h...

Outlook 2002 Read Receipts Tracking issue
We have a tracking problem that I am unable to resolve. We have a user that needs to keep track of users that read training related email. She sends out to a server based distribution list of around 90 people and requests read receipts. When you go into the sent items and look at the tracking tab, it only shows the group distribution list name and no other information, not even a time stamp. I believe she even redirects the read receipts into a separate folder for easier tracking. It was working where all the users were listed and showed the time stamp of when it was read, but no more. W...

read receipts #8
Apologies if this is not the correct discussion group. I am unable to send or recieve read receipts but here is the strange thing and the reason why I am posting it in the exchange forum. I am running exchange 2K3 FE\BE with outlook pro 2003. If I send a RR from the office to my webmail account with a RR attached it works fine. If I send a RR from the office to my webmail account but wait until I get home and open outlook download the email there is no RR attached. If I send a RR from the office to any person in other organizations they do not receive RR. If other folk in other companie...

Disabling Delivery and Read Receipts in Outlook
I would like to disable the users option to request a delivery receipt or a read receipt. I was wondering if there is a way to "grey" out that option for them or is there a script that I can run that would change the user's registry when they logged in. Any help would be appreciated. ...

read receipts #4
When using a CW installation of Outlook with Microsoft Exchange Server as the mail service, is there a way to have a choice to respond or not respond to requests for read receipts? Your help will be greatly appreciated. L "Lou" <llop481@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<04ed01c39cd6$470ffb70$a301280a@phx.gbl>... > When using a CW installation of Outlook with Microsoft > Exchange Server as the mail service, > > is there a way to have a choice to respond or not respond > to requests for read receipts? > > Your help will be greatly apprec...

Read Receipts #11
I have MS Outlook from Office Xp. For some reason when I send out a broadcast e-mail (about 100 contacts) I get READ and RECEIPT notifications back EVEN though those options ARE NOT selected. I would appreciate any ideas you may have. I know it is a 'pain' for those receiving my e-mails having to respond to my system's requests. I then get an 'inbox' full of receipts. I have scanned for virus, Adaware, spybot, defrag, scan disk, window and office updates and nothing has worked. Thanks R do you have a rule set requesting receipts? do most send back receipts? If not,...

Read Receipts and KB324636
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324636 This article talks about Read Receipts being sent outside the org. It says it only applies to Exchange 2000. Can someone verify if it applies to Exchange 2003 and if there is a corresponding fix? Thanks. ...

disable read receipts in Outlook 2000?
I would like to disable the sending of read receipts, in OL2000, so that = people cannot tell if I've read my e-mail. The ability to turn this off = seems=20 to be disabled in our corporate setup. However, our support guys don't=20 know anything about it. thanx - rwcox When running in Corporate or Workgroup mode and using an Exchange server, this option cannot be toggled. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without re...

Recurring read receipts
I am the administrator in our Windows Server 2003/Exchange 2003 based network and we are having a problem that I can't seem to resolve. We have a few users that use read receipts. The problem is that these read receipts seem to send receipts even after they have been read, if they're opened or clicked on after the fact. For example the one employee has e-mails from 2 years ago that send a read receipt back to the sender even after it has been read originally.... this isn't correct. Only one read receipt should be sent and I have no idea why they keep getting sent. Does anybody hav...

System setting for Read Receipts?
We have successfully finished a migration from Novell Groupwise 6 to Exchange 2003. Now, some of my users are asking for the tracking functionality that was apparent with GW6. Is there a system setting available for internal users to determine if/when an email was opened? I know that with the client, there is the ability to configure read receipts. But what about users who either turn that off, or don't configure it to begin with? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Sc...

Read receipts every day for the same emails
Hi, I get every day on the same time two read receipts for two emails I sent to another user some weeks ago. The recipient of my emails obviously does nothing at this time every day, but the receipts are generated. Anybody has had something like this before? Both we work with Outlook 2000 and mailboxes on the same Exchange 5.5 server. Thanks Panos "Panos" <panos@panos.donotspam.com> wrote in message news:740CDFA7-3466-4A22-87AB-E0939A38504B@microsoft.com... > I get every day on the same time two read receipts for two emails I > sent to > another user some week...

Mystery Read Receipts...
I have this problem on my network where I keep getting read receipts from a user (from the network) saying "Your message was deleted without being read". I am getting these receipts everyday at around 4:00am consistently. I have confirmed that the messages that the receipts are coming from are being read, I just don't understand why I'm getting them. To add to that, the client that I am getting the receipts from, is setup to not send read receipts. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks in advance, Ian ...

read receipts #6
is it possible to have read receipts sent to external organizations ie out on the internet. On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:33:03 -0800, Paul <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is it possible to have read receipts sent to external organizations ie out on >the internet. Yes. Sorry I completely got my question wrong. I meant is it possible to have external companies request a read receipt from my exchange organization. sorry my english is not good "Paul" wrote: > is it possible to have read receipts sent to external organizations ie out on > the internet. Pa...

Read receipts not being sent or received
A few weeks ago my computer stopped receiving read receipts and is not sending them when requested. Yes, the box is checked. I am using XP Home and Outlook 2002. The only time I have got receipts is when I have forwarded a V-card to someone. I have confirmed with my ISP that it is nothing that they are doing. Do you know that the read-receipts that you expect to be receiving were actually sent? Recipients have a choice as to whether to send the receipts, so maybe the folks you're sending mail to decided to stop sending them. And while it may be cynical, as far as I can tell ISPs wi...

I want to set Outlook to automatically send read receipts to a fol
I want Read Receipts to drop automatically into a Read Receipt folder. I see where you can send emails from particular persons to a folder, but not any Read Receipt from anyone. Normally receipts process on the sent item and are moved or deleted. See tools, options, email options, tracking. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:...

Does anyone know how to turn off Outlook 2000 read receipts?
This is driving me crazy at work with all the spammers and non-delivery reports. The option is under tracking but it is grayed out. There must be a registry entry somewhere. Thanks, JB When using Outlook with Exchange, the option does not exist to allow you to configure receipts. You can fool the receipts on read receipts but you cannot turn off delivery receipts. To fool the read receipts, turn off the option to mark mail as read in the preview pane and then use the preview pane for reading your mail. If you delete it, a receipt goes back saying the mail was deleted without being read...

Multiple Read Receipts
I keep getting a Read Notification from one individual for an email sent two years ago (12/13/01), and read a year and a half ago(9/20/02). I get a notification on average once daily, but there are days when I will receive 3 or 4 receipts. Any ideas on how to stop the notification? ...

Outlook 2000 will not send read receipts from Outlook XP
We have several computers on our network that have Outlook 2000 and several with Outlook XP. When a read receipt is requested from an Outlook 2002 email sent to a user with Outlook 2000, the read receipt will not be forwarded back to the PC with Outlook XP. In stead it gets stuck in the Outlook 2000 Outbox and it has to be deleted in in order for Outlook 2000 to continue to receive or send messages Thanks Martin ...

Read Receipts #8
Does anyone know why when I read a Message in Outlook 2003 the read receipt is sent but with the TO field blank. This causes some SPAM filters to return the message thinking its SPAM? I have tried with several different people and they all get the blank TO fields in the receipts, but when I read a message in OWA it sends it OK... Any comments... PLEASE HELP Thanks ...

Read Receipts to different folder
I want to continue to receive my read receipts, but i do not wish for them to go directly into my inbox. How do I set it up so when I get a read receipt it can go directly into a separate sub-folder I created specifically for them? Please help. Use a rule to move them, click Tools, Rules and alerts. April Axe wrote: > I want to continue to receive my read receipts, but i do not wish for them to > go directly into my inbox. How do I set it up so when I get a read receipt it > can go directly into a separate sub-folder I created specifically for them? > > P...

Read receipts keep getting sent out for the same email on a daily basis
An email was sent from personA to personB over 6 months ago - personB read the message straight away and sent a read receipt - which is fine.But eveyday since, personB sends a read receipt for the same original email that personA sent 6 months ago everytime personB loads Outlook2000 up - any ideas to stop this See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadreceipt.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answer...

Outlook rule for read receipts?
Is it possible to set up a rule that would flag an incoming mail message if a read receipt request was detected? The reason I ask is that I've noticed certain people in my organization often don't read emails from me if I've selected the read receipt option. John JohnW wrote: > Is it possible to set up a rule that would flag an incoming mail > message if a read receipt request was detected? The reason I ask is > that I've noticed certain people in my organization often don't read > emails from me if I've selected the read receipt option. > > John...

Read receipts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Are there options in Entourage like there are in Outlook to receive Read Receipts? Hi, see here for more details: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq_topic/return_receipt.html> On 24/01/10 16:08, santafeles@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel Email Client: pop Are there options in Entourage like there are in > Outlook to receive Read Receipts? -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh) ...