Help with mutiple profiles / accounts

Hi there, I have multiple different pop3 accounts i would like to use from 1
profile, is this possible? Please help.

I have 3 different pop 3 accounts which i have setup. I also have 3
different data folders that the mail from each account drops into, this
works fine.

However, how do I set it so that when I reply to an email from 'pop1' it
uses the pop1 smtp server and account details and when I reply or create
emails for 'pop2' it uses pop2 details (the same for pop3).

This was possible in outlook express, in the email window, there was a
simply a drop down from which you selected what account the email should be
sent from, I cannot find anything similar in Outook 2003.

Please help, I do not want to log in and out of outlook 3 times to check all
my email using profiles.

Thanks!
Taz

0
nospam7515 (2084)

Tarun Mistry <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

> Hi there, I have multiple different pop3 accounts i would like to use
> from 1 profile, is this possible? Please help.

Sure.  Just define them all with Tools>E-mail Accounts>Add a new e-mail
account>Next (for Outlook 2002/2003.  You don't state your version of
Outlook, so it's impossible to give you an accurate answer).

> I have 3 different pop 3 accounts which i have setup. I also have 3
> different data folders that the mail from each account drops into,
> this works fine.

And you can continue to do this with a single profile using rules to move
the incoming messages based on receiving account.

> However, how do I set it so that when I reply to an email from 'pop1'
> it uses the pop1 smtp server and account details and when I reply or
> create emails for 'pop2' it uses pop2 details (the same for pop3).

Outlook will automatically reply using the receiving account.

> This was possible in outlook express, in the email window, there was a
> simply a drop down from which you selected what account the email
> should be sent from, I cannot find anything similar in Outook 2003.

When you have multiple accounts defined in Outlook, there will be an Account
button that allows you to choose the sending account.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Use of Pop3 accounts for external email
We've been using a pop3/smtp account to recieve our external email. I've heard that using those is a bad idea for a buisness. I don't understand it that much and wondering what are the issues with pop3 and what is an alternative to recieve external mail if not using a pop3 account. We have Exchange 2003. The issue is the company can't archive all user's mail. You know, company's email is representing the company, so the company should keep it as archives. With POP3 email will be moved from server to the client. Instead, you can use IMAP, Exchange Server, or ...

defining accounts receivable default accounts
We would like the ability to have limitations on the accounts that can be selected for accounts receviable for a sales order transaction or receivable transaction. Currently you can select any account number for the RECEV trx type. We would like to define allowable accounts receivable accounts to avoid our current out of balance condition. This would limit the possibilities of reasons for ar trade to be out of balance to gl. This is a very hot issue at many clients in trying to reconcile ar to gl. This could also apply to AP!! Thanks, lori b. ---------------- This post is a sug...

What GL Account does the Adjust Cost Process affect?
We did an Adjust Cost for an Item. In a Journal Entry, a Debit is charged to the Inventory account but on the Credit side the Account is blank. What account should it be used for the Credit side? FYI: We don't have (use) Inventory Offset account. Thank for your help. It's using precisely the one you are not using: Inventory Offset. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "ThongD" wrote: > We did an Adjust Cost for an Item. In a Journal Entry, a Debit is charged to > the Inventor...

Outlook keeps asking for password
Hi, Server is SBS 2008 with SP2. Clients running Vista SP2. In the last couple of days (possibly after server updates were applied, but not sure) every time users open Outlook they get a dialog asking for a password. If the user enters their correct password the dialog just comes straight back again. On looking at the password request box, I notice it is quoting the external remote domain name "remote.accordconsultancy.co.uk" not the internal network name "accordserver.accordconsultancy.local". Can anyone explain what I need to do to stop this annoying ...

EXCHANGE MOVE SERVER ATTACHMENT ISSUE! HELP!
This past weekend our IT used the move server wizard to move our Exchange 5.5 to a new site. Now, none of our recipients can open any old or newly currently sent attachements in their Outlook 2000. Any suggestions?????? They can send an amail with an attachment to someone, but when that person goes to open the email it says "Cannot open one or more attachments". They can access new email (w/o attachments) and old email with attachments. Running Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition Hi, On the new server, has someone configured your anti-virus software to block attachments? If ...

Return cell based on another cell help!
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with a list of codes in column A, a Master list of codes in column C, and a Master description in D that is associated with the values in C. If a code exists in A, I would like to check if the same code exists in C. If so, I would like to populate column B with the description in D. Can anyone show me how to do this please? Try this in B1: =IF(ISNA(MATCH(A1,$C$1:$C$100,0)),"No Match",VLOOKUP(A1,$C$1:$D$100,2,0)) -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============...

Trying to set up account, geting nowhere FAST!
From: "Lenora" <lmandre@windstream.net> Subject: Understanding what Microsoft Communities Date: Friday, September 14, 2007 5:41 PM Hello out there! What is Microsoft Communities all about? Is it something that comes with no charge when you get Microsoft Vista? This is the 4th computer I've had (besides ones at work). First a Compaq that I loaded everything I could from work, the computer guy gave me stuff...did work at home, brought it back to work, and visa versa. Second was a re-built computer that was given to me by a man in the town we had moved to...out of the g...

Microsoft Excel Help
Why are they called arguments when creating an Excel function? i need to no for a Excel test! what makes them arguments? Hi if you mean the 'parameteres' of a function how would you call them otherwise :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "martz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0b2601c4d8e5$c05f7bd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Why are they called arguments when creating an Excel > function? i need to no for a Excel test! what makes them > arguments? ...

Help with Now()
Hi, I am creating a spreadsheet and I need to have a cell and that record the date and time each row is entered seperately. The problem I have at the moment is whenever I add a new row of data i updates the previous rows time? does any one have any suggestions on how to stop this happening? thank -- sydoll ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sydolly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2712 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46697 Now() is a volatile function and will change ev...

Need help grouping charts
I have identical charts which occur on multiple sheets. Is there any wa to group them for editing? When I group the sheets themselves, it seems to deactivate the charts I tried doing it with a macro as an alternative and then flipping th sheets one by one and keying the macro, but I get a message box with: "Run-time error 1004", "Unable to get the ChartObjects property of th worksheet class". Does anyone have any ideas -- Izz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Izzy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

viewing a user's email account
I have been charged with reviewing a user's email activity / mailbox for a possible impropriety. Is there a way to do this from exchange, or better yet what is the best way to accomplish this steathfuly? On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:20:02 -0700, Rossel1 <Rossel1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been charged with reviewing a user's email activity / mailbox for a >possible impropriety. Is there a way to do this from exchange, or better yet >what is the best way to accomplish this steathfuly? I really hope that the users' employment contract provides for this ...

Multiple accounts #3
I have 2 Hotmail and 1 MSN accounts set up in Outlook 2002. It shows that it sends and receives all 3 accounts successfully, but when I go to the Inbox of the Hotmail accounts, there aren't any messages. Thanks, Rick It says it send and received fine, but problems occur when you set up more than one HTTP account, so it is recommended that you only use one per profile ...

Help with Raw Stock Data Collection
Is it possible to have Excel search through 1 minute raw data and be able to determine if the price moves between a certain boundary for a certain time then it will be classified as "Type 1". And if it is increasing for a certain time then it will be "Type 2" and likewise for when it is decreasing. I want Excel to be able to automatically search through the raw data and determine what is the type of state without myself having to manually pinpoint it on the chart then going back and doing a manual search and calculation in Excel. Only issue is that the exact number determi...

DB Mail is is not working. Need help please.
I have try stop and start the db mail by executing the SPs below but no luck. Does anyone has seem the error below and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for your advise/help. --steps USE msdb; go EXECute sysmail_stop_sp; go EXECute sysmail_start_sp; go EXECute sysmail_help_queue_sp @queue_type = 'Mail'; go queue_type length state last_empty_rowset_time last_activated_time ---------- ----------- ---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------- ------------...

HELP
I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Catagory I indicated "Taxes : Federal Income Tax". Yet in the Income/Expense report, this payment is not included in my total federal taxes paid for this month. I should note that the check was written from an Investment Account. If I write the check from my checking account, the amount correctly shows up in the Income/Expense report. Any ideas as to why it works differently, depending on which account I pay the tax from? In microsoft.public.money, Tom wrote: >I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Cat...

Calendar/Dates Help
Hi All, I have an excel spreadsheet that lists every date in the year, with a particular code in the next cell. IE: Monday 3/01/2005 11M 22M 32M Tuesday 4/01/2005 11T 22T 32T Wednes 5/01/2005 11W 22W 32W Thursday 6/01/2005 11H 22H 32H Friday 7/01/2005 11F 22F 32F Saturday 8/01/2005 11S 22S 32S Sunday 9/01/2005 11N 22N 32N Monday 10/01/2005 11M 21M 33M Tuesday 11/01/2005 11T 21T 33T Wednes 12/01/2005 11W 21W 33W Thursday 13/01/2005 11H 21H 33H Friday 14/01/2005 11F 21F 33F What I need is to be able to search by the code eg "33T" and have all the dates listed for ...

Urgent help with CStringArray
Hello, i need to return a CStringArray from a class method, but CStringArray (and CStringList also) doesn't have a copy constructor! I want avoid memory allocation within the metod because I don't want to force the class user to deallocate pointers... this is the piece of code: const CStringArray MyClass::MyMethod() { CStringArray StrArray; for (...) StrArray.Add("something"); return StrArray; // this will generate a missing copy constructor compile error } Thank you, Gaetano Sferra "Gaetano Sferra" <rebusmail@iol.it> wrote in messag...

vlookup help #3
hello, I cant figure out the proper syntax for the attached workbook. Th first 8 options on worksheet two work perfectly ( ie when checked, the appear on worksheet 3) I dont know how to apply the formula of th first 8 options to the rest of the checkboxes. Can someone please help me figure out how to do this? Thanks i advance. Aladdi Attachment filename: start order2.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=46674 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Right-click on the sheet tab for the Options worksheet. Select View ...

Bill Pay Help
I just signed up for Bill Pay (I have Money 2005), I'm not sure how to coordinate Bill Pay with my Bills list and my checking account register. It makes a separate Bill Pay register, but won't allow me to merge it with my checking account (as Help suggests). Tech support was completely useless, in fact it seems they're in a hurry to get us off the phone. ...

Just Help Me
Hello All . . . Please answer the questionary in the following URI http://nees.awardspace.com/ Thanks a lot . . . :D Post the question here, and we might. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "CorfuVBProgrammer" <merianosnikos@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1167902152.017496.205590@11g2000cwr.googlegroups.com... > Hello All . . . > > Please answer the questionary in the following URI > > http://nees.awardspace.com/ > > Thanks a lot . . . :D > ...

Help revising slow code
I am using the following code to remove all the lines in a worksheet that have a zero value in Column H. Because there are thousands of rows in the worksheet, this loop takes forever! Does anyone have any suggestions for doing this more quickly? Thanks! Sub Delete_Row_w0() Dim Firstrow As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim Lrow As Long Dim CalcMode As Long Dim ViewMode As Long With Application CalcMode = .Calculation .Calculation = xlCalculationManual .ScreenUpdating = False End With With Sheets(1) .Select ...

Need Help
Query: Say i have multiple sheets dated 04/01/10 to 04/30/10, each contain names, say A, B, C, D, etc... but these name does not appear in the same order in each sheet. Now data is in time format in front of A, B, C, D, etc. Eg. in sheet 04/01/10 A1 B1 A 1:00:00 D 1:53:00 C 2:45:00 like this data in other sheet till 04/30/10. Now in a new sheet i want this data to be collated in time format in front of the individual sorted in Alphabetical order. Also it should give me the Sum of the data. Is it possible and how? Thanks in advance for the help!...

corrupted PST file
Hi, I have Outlook 98, running on XP, on a PII 400Mghz Dell desktop. My PST file is about 1.95GB. It has been running extremely slow, and has had to be restarted a bunch of times in the past 2 weeks. Yesterday, it gave an error that the PST file was corrupted, and that PST file need to have the Inbox Repair Tool run on the file, and then the system restarted. I ran the Inbox Repair Tool on the PST, and it did not work. I am totally unable to use the file, which has all my critical contacts and emails. If someone could help out, I would be MOST grateful.... I pulling my friggin ...

Renaming Accounts in CRM
We are trying to change the account name in CRM, In the Account Name field when we chnage it, it goes through all cases and makes the owner of the case the person that changes the account name. Is there a way to have it not go back through all of the cases ? What you describe is not CRM functionality. Either you didn't describe it correctly, or there is some custom process performing the unwanted action I think you may mean when an account owner is changed, all the account's cases ownership also changes. Now that really is a pain!! "Rcw01" <rwilson01@gmail.com> w...

Autofilter help
Hi all I have 4 columns of data with an auto filter on - all ok I then reduce my selection so I finally only have one row of data - all ok Not ok: Problem: Is there an easy way that I can copy the data in the top row of the filter, to another worksheet page - so if the filter is changed so top line shows new result - still copies over the data in the top row of the filter. Bearing in mind that the top row could be I.E. Originally Row 8 or 108 depending on the selection. Autofilter Line = 1 2 3 4 eg Result of A/F a a a a <== copy the result of this line to dif...