help with IPAQ font problem

Hi,

I have XP/Outlook 97/Ipaq 1910/ActiveSync 3.5.

I installed an astronomy program and it works fine. However, I
noticed
a peculiar problem.

When I paste text into a 'task' window on the PC, and then later sync
the IPAQ, the text that I paste [usually this is from a webpage into
wordpad or notepad, then into the IPAQ]

turns to astronomical symbols, via the font installed from the
astronomy
program.

This only shows up on the IPAQ, not the PC. I can fix this by
selecting the
contents of the task folder on the PC, and changing the font from
'auto'
to arial, etc. saving, then resyncing.

Not a huge deal, but is there a way I can fix this?

Thanks,

itchy

Please Help!!
I am having problems restoring a backup money file from my cdrw disc. I recieve the error that it can't open possibly because it is a read only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected. I have never had this problem before. I have restored files from my cd backup 3 times before without a problem. Please help!!!! Restore the file to writable media - your hard drive. If you still can't open it, right-click on the file in its new location, choose Properties from the context menu, and remove the check from the 'read-only' box. -...

!!HELP!!! Cannot connect to Exchange Server from a RDP, ICA session or server local machine
Please excuse the posting as I wasn't sure which group to post this in. I'm having issues using Outlook from a server desktop, an RDP or ICA connection. I have remote users who connect using Citrix. They logon to the Citrix server desktop (Windows 2003 Server) and use Outlook from there. They can also use Outlook from within Citrix as it is a Published Application. I know some of you are going to suggest why don't they use OWA but let's not get into that. I can log onto any workstation here in the office and connect to the Exchange server and open their Outlook. What I and they...

formatting problem #5
How can I get Excel to change to colour of an entire row when I enter data in a specific cell? ie If I have data in the cell range A1...G1 and then I enter data in H1 I want Excel to change the colour of the entire row to indicate that the task is complete for that row, but still leave the data readable Thanks in advance -- srv5uk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ srv5uk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25006 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385314 Hi It sounds lik...

Problem with komma versus period in Excel
Hej I am have problems with the use of period in Excel. I Denmark komma is the decimal seperator. If I convert (from within VB Editor) the content of a cell from "6340,00" to text and replace the komma with period I get "6340" (I wanted "6340.00). If I make the convertion in Excel and record the macro at the same time I get the desired result i my sheet. BUT when I put in my code in VBA and run it from here I still get the wrong result, "6340" and not "6340.00". I know Excel (VBA) transform "." to "," probably acording to...

Problem with View Source / Outlook 2000
I searched some more, found that the problem is caused when the Temporary Internet files cache is too big. Deleted the cache and the problem is solved. Changed the settings to a more reasonable 100 MB and it shouldn't happen again Steven =================================== I'm using Outlook 2000 and Win 2000, no problems now (had to reinstall Windows last week for unrelated reasons). I also use ZoneAlarm and Outlook has permission only to access the Trusted zone, not the Internet in general. Something has happened in the past couple of days. I got an email that looked blank ...

Exchange Patch (KB912442) causes problem w/ share login accts
Exchange2003 std SP2 w/ Office 2003 & XP clients. We have several users who shares a computer, so instead of logging in w/ different users accts, I set them up w/ a shared logging and access Outlook w/ multiple Mail profiles. However, after installing KB912442, it blocks these users from sending emails. It gives them an message that the shared login doesn't have the right to send emails on behalf of this user. I checked the mailbox rights in AD Users and Computers, the shared login has Read & Full mailbox rights permissions. Any idea how to fix this. Thanks in advance. ...

Report Writer Text Spacing Problems While Modifying a PO form
Due to Report Writer static text field size limitations, I am forced to try to use two adjacent text fields to complete a sentence. I am having an inordinate amout of problems trying to get words to align in sentences with the correct amount of character spacing between words that span the text field boundaries. And, the process of toggling between Report Writer and Dyamics to get the Purchase Order form to reprint is time consuming. What am I missing (besides patience)? -- Jay Jay, 1) Setup a calculated field for your static text. Set the result type to String, and use the Constant...

HELP Error: Trying to populate userform fields from access databas
Hi All, I have been struggling with this since long, I would appreciate if anyone can help me with getting this done. Basically I want to pull information from access database and populate my excel userform fields. For eg: If I input a Student Id field I want to populate the Name and Phone number for that student from access database, Here is the code that I have so far, But it gives me errors.. Please guide me through this Private Sub StudentId_AfterUpdate() Dim cnt As ADODB.Connection Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "SELECT Name, Phone FROM...

problems in creating file dialog in tab control
Hi,I am creating a tab control and want to pop up a file dialog when clicking one tab page. but now, the file dialog was shown up at the same time with tab control, not after selecting one page. Could some guys help me? Thanks David GetClientRect(hwndParent,&rcClient); InitCommonControls(); hwndTabCtrl=CreateWindow(WC_TABCONTROL,"", WS_CHILD|WS_CLIPSIBLINGS|WS_VISIBLE,0,0,rcClient.right,rcClient.bottom,hwndParent,NULL,g_hinst,NULL); if(hwndTabCtrl==NULL) AfxMessageBox("can't create tab control window"); m_tcitem.mask=TCIF_TEXT|TCIF_IMAGE; m_tcitem.iIma...

Modified Trasnpose
Hi, I have data stored in Table1 as such (Field names on row 1): Id - Type1 - Type2 123 - 0 - 50 456 - 10 - 100 789 - 50 - 0 And I would like to output it as such (Field names on row 1): Id - Type - Amount 123 - Type1 - 50 456 - Type1 - 10 456 - Type2 - 100 789 - Type1 - 50 I will have more the 20 Types in my actual table, so I can't just make compounded queries. Any help is appreciated, thanks! SELECT Id, "Type1" As Type, Type1 As Amount FROM MyTable UNION SELECT Id, "Type2", Type2 FROM MyTable UNION SELECT Id, "Type3", Type3 ...

Configuration wizard problem.
I just installed Exchange Server 2003 enterprise edition.=20 Every thing in the install went fine. However when i go=20 through the configuration wizard inside the exchange=20 system manager i get this error There is no server on which this wizard can run. code: 104b56a and then it brings me to a screen that says: ---------------------------------- =B7 You cannot configure Exchange 5.5 or earlier versions to=20 send or receive Internet e-mail using the wizard, so these=20 servers are not available for selection =B7 You cannot run the wizard on Exchange servers that: =B7 Are part of a Wi...

Problem creating new mailbox
Hello, I'm trying to create a new mailbox, I've done this tons of times but this time I'm getting a problem. I created the user and then the respective mailbox with no problems. I then went to the users properties to create e email address, choose SMTP and inserted the address with no problems. The other times after some seconds exchange would automatically create de X400 Address but this time it doesn't, the user won't appear in the global address list and when I configure Outlook 2003 and click "check name" it says it cannot find the user. Last friday I cr...

default font 03-14-08
All of a sudden, all my access and excel tables, reports...etc have changed their font to arial. This has ruin the spacing of my access reports' columns. I recently re-enabeled my vba. Could that have anything to do with it? If so, can I fix it? On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 15:41:02 -0700, sierralightfoot <sierralightfoot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: What do you mean with "re-enabling VBA"? Access recognizes a Default font. It's somewhere in the Options screen. -Tom. >All of a sudden, all my access and excel tables, reports...etc have changed >their font to...

Problem inserting in-line images
I am using Word 2003. Generally when I want to insert an image in a document I successfully use Insert..Picture...from file. I can then right click and add a caption is I want to. This is the preferred setting for me as i like to be able to easily add text before and after the picture. Hence my default settting (under Options...Edit) is 'Insert/paste pictures... Inline with text. I am having a problem with one particular document today (and I have seen it occasionally in the past) when I use the above method but the image gets hidden behind the text above. If I open a new...

MFC SDI Exe to OCX conversion problem
Hi, I have used below link for MFC SDI Exe to OCX conversion problem. Its well-known link of scribble example. http://www.microsoft.com/mind/0497/mfc.asp In this example , framewindow is used as WS_CHILD so it doesnt give menu bar. But I need menu bar so I have made WS_POPUP style. But the program crashes in CDocument destructor when I close IE . In this statement: m_pDocTemplate->RemoveDocument(this); I am unable to understand why it happens. Please help. Thanks, Dhaval ...

more problems with windows mail
I changed the port # for outgoing mail and it works.... but now I can't receive anything in the windows mail account. I have 1 new mail if I go directly to AOL but it doesn't come up in Windows. What do I do? Thanks again, Dave N9 for your previous help. Do you get an error message when you try to receive? If so, right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "ms" wrote in message news:39477D36-4145-45C1-B652-526E471313...

Help! Large emails vanished!
Environment: Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard I am investigating the frequent disappearance of emails for some users. The Message Tracking Centre shows that the message was received. However, I could not found the email in the users' mailbox. Checked that no auto-rule are enabled. Checked Exchange Email Journaling - no such emails. Yet, the message tracking centre shows that there such email exists. I think it's not the sender/subject of the emails as the user could receive other emails from the same sender and subject title. The common factor tha...

Subsystem Spooler has encountered problems
The last couple of days my Outlook has been completely frozen - nothing gets in and nothing goes out, and it's impossible to close it down (see Colin's email about having to use taskmanager to close it) - when I open it up, the above error message appears: "Windows Messaging Subsystem Spooler has encountered a problem and needs to close." Please someone help!! ...

AutoShape Problems
I have 6 projects which I designed using the same design features with MS Pub2002. All the work was set up to Spot Color / Pantone.. for commercial printing.. and Pack and Go. My printer also uses Pub2002, however when he printed the files on his laser printer for me to proof the AutoShape graphics are changed from my original design. Mostly everything else was OK, or at least fixable on his part. However the specific graphics which are a problem involve curved lines, both solid, and dashed, with no added begin or end style that I created using AutoShape. What is happening is that in my o...

Problem with Outlook reply
Dear Madam / Sir, I have problem with my outlook reply; when I choose the reply option, the sender Email address does not appear in the address bar and I should enter it manually. Would you please advice me how to solve this problem? Thank you Ehsan ...

Money 2002 File conversion problem
After using Money 2002 for quite some time I tried to go for Money 2003. When converting the data file the message "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version". Has anybody come across this problem and can help me in this. Are both of the versions from the same country - for example UK to UK or US to US? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org/ Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/ for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited...

Reply to Signature Font Size Changes
I have set up my signature for new messages and reply to messages to have an Arial font of size 10. New messages work fine but when I click reply to a message my signature is font size 12. I have changed the font size everywhere I can find it, but it still comes up size 12. I heard this is related to CSS, but I can't find the CSS template it uses. Any suggestions. By the way, this happened in Outlook 2003 and now in 2007. Did you find a resolution to this? I have a customer experiencing the same problem. "Tina" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:e7pA...

Is it possible to use Latex fonts for MS Word?
I am trying to get \mathscr{D} character in MS Word (in the equation). In Latex it require \usepackage{mathrsfs}. Recently I discovered that it is possible to use Latin Modern Roman fonts in MS Word and the document looks like Latex document. Unfortunately I have to use very specific mathematical fonts. Maybe it is possible to get these fonts somewhere? Thank you in advance. Probably not. You are talking about a metafont. Those are not used by Windows at all. Actually, with the exception of TeX, I doubt they are used anywhere at all. What you could do is see if FontForge...

Excel help please
How to add clip art in excel behind text & grid lines? I am trying to install Excel to my computer. On the box it does not indicate that Microsoft Office 2003 is necessary and I don't have Office 2003. Is that why I cannot install Excel? -- George "Anthony" wrote: > How to add clip art in excel behind text & grid lines? You should be able to install Excel as a stand-alone. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "george" <george8798@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:6367F467-57A8-442D-AEFF-D586744EC...

changing color/font in mail headers vs. inbox rules
I just changed the header text font and color to ID messages from important users, and to ID all messages sent to me from an old account that I want to shut down. This all works fine _unless_ the incoming message is auto-filed into a different folder by an INBOX rule. How do I get rules applied AFTER the header font/color changes? Also, which Outlook file stores the rules for selecting mail header font and color? ILOO ...