Help with Inbox repair tool please

I have a problem with my outlook 2000 and have been advised to use the inbox
repair tool.

I have opened the inbox repair tool, and I am asked to enter the folder name
or to browse and enter the location of the folder,  I need to enter the
delete items folder but do not know where to find it.

Any help appreciated.

John

The Inbox Repair Tool works against Personal Folders Files (.PST files), not
against individual folders within the .PST file.  If you don't know where
your .PST file is located, you can find it this way:

In Outlook, make sure the Folder List is visible (View | Folder List if it
isn't).  Right-click the root folder of your .PST file -- usually "Personal
Folders" or "Outlook Today".  Click Properties from the popup menu.  Click
the Advanced button.  In the Filename box, you will see the full file path
to the .PST file.  This is the path you need to give to the Inbox Repair
Tool.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

In news:bnp565$310$1@hercules.btinternet.com,
John C wrote:

> I have a problem with my outlook 2000 and have been advised to use
> the inbox repair tool.
>
> I have opened the inbox repair tool, and I am asked to enter the
> folder name or to browse and enter the location of the folder,  I
> need to enter the delete items folder but do not know where to find
> it.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> John

That was what I needed, I have ran the tool and it has repaired my deleted
items problem, many thanks for your help and prompt reply.

John

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in
message news:%23$Tyb$onDHA.2216@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> The Inbox Repair Tool works against Personal Folders Files (.PST files),
not
> against individual folders within the .PST file.  If you don't know where
> your .PST file is located, you can find it this way:
>
> In Outlook, make sure the Folder List is visible (View | Folder List if it
> isn't).  Right-click the root folder of your .PST file -- usually
"Personal
> Folders" or "Outlook Today".  Click Properties from the popup menu.  Click
> the Advanced button.  In the Filename box, you will see the full file path
> to the .PST file.  This is the path you need to give to the Inbox Repair
> Tool.
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
> please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>

> In news:bnp565$310$1@hercules.btinternet.com,
> John C wrote:
>
> > I have a problem with my outlook 2000 and have been advised to use
> > the inbox repair tool.
> >
> > I have opened the inbox repair tool, and I am asked to enter the
> > folder name or to browse and enter the location of the folder,  I
> > need to enter the delete items folder but do not know where to find
> > it.
> >
> > Any help appreciated.
> >
> > John

Out of Office Help
I am unable to turn off my out of office rule. Here is the message: The Out of Office option button selection could not be set. The client operation failed. Any ideas on how to turn this off? Thanks! Sara Client operation failed usually indicates a corrupt mailbox . Are you using Microsoft Exchange ? >-----Original Message----- >I am unable to turn off my out of office rule. Here is >the message: The Out of Office option button selection >could not be set. The client operation failed. Any ideas >on how to turn this off? >Thanks! >Sara >. > ...

help with formula please
new to this need help in a formula that will give me the percentage of two numbers. In other words a1=255 b1=8990.7c1=answer to question 255 is what percentage of 8990.7? =A1/B1 "TechnoGram" wrote: > new to this need help in a formula that will give me the percentage of > two numbers. In other words a1=255 b1=8990.7c1=answer to question 255 > is what percentage of 8990.7? > > How would you do it with plain ole math? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "TechnoGram" <mumzee3@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1181411910....

Help!!!!
Hi, I have sheet with the persons names and the papers they want to be delivered from a-h columns. Now I do calculate it manually and enter the weekly toltal in to column I. I have these papers and their prices. D. Express �0.35 D. Mail �0.40 D. Mirror �0.32 D. Telegraph �0.55 The Sentinel �0.30 and so on. Could you help to make formula like (D.Express+D. Mail +Sentinel)= �1.05 sometimes the paper price change so i have to change about 230 cells individually. thanks HI DAn, I use the secound case. ie Name | Papers | | Bill | D.Mirror | D.Telegraph | ...

HELP! Send Mail Fail, WHY??
One of my user was able to send and receive mail find when he is at home using his cable modem. When he is at his son's home at VA he was able to receive mail but not send. This happen to him in a couple other places but not all the places. Does anyone know what is going on with my exchange 5.5 server or is it the ISP at where he is at is the problem? Thanks YH Yieng Him <yhim@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in news:BBDE50BB.545F%yhim@mail.med.upenn.edu: > One of my user was able to send and receive mail find when he is at > home using his cable modem. When he is at his son...

RPC over HTTP setup help. RPC DIag returns no results.
I have been trying for several weeks to get RPC over HTTP workign in our environment. I refuse to put an ISA in place and am currently behing a Pix 520 ( which is not the issue, all logs show no denied traffic) I also see no error logs in either of my Exchange servers. Please any help is appreciated. From my Front end Server I see the followign when running RPCDIAG ** Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790] (C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp. C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools>rpcdump /p ncacn_http Querying Endpoint Mapper Database... RpcMgmtEpEltInqNext:(Access is denied....

New to XSLT and can't select even the first node... Any Help?
Hey, brand new to XSL and XSLT. I've downloaded an evaluation copy of XML Spy to debug my transformation, but I can't get to frist base. Can anyone help my get straightened out? My XSLT is: <?xml version="1.0"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="xml" /> <xsl:template match="/"> <xsl:for-each select="DataSet_Studio_Appt_Dates/Studio_Appt_Date_Times"> <ItWorked>YEAH</ItWorked> </xsl:for-each> </xsl:t...

Office update screwup
Word (Office OSX) has been getting buggy, so I went to MS site and downloaded the update. When I installed, it wants me to re-enter my CD key, which I have lost(along with the CD a couple of moves ago- the life of a student!) I never thought about this as I had a registered version and I thought it would just recognize that and just install the update. If I would have known, I could have jotted down the serial number before the upgrade. Is there some way I can access the serial number off my computer? (Is it still there?) I have lots of projects in the next little bit, and while I can ope...

Error opening excel!!...help needed.
A colleague is having a problem opening a particular excel file. She gets the following error message: Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. It is only happening with this file and she is able to open all other excel files successfully. Any ides as to why this is happening and more importantly is there a way that we can recover the file? Chip Pearson has some notes to help diagnose startup problems at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm A couple of guesses. 1. Clean up the win...

student language tools tab in word 2007
Hi, My niece uses office home and student 2007 (especially word) at school and it is also installed at home on the pc...but she says that there is tab that is missing from the home pc, it is student language tools which shows all the french accents, so when she types a word that requires an accent she clicks on it and the accent automatically goes into the word...does anybody know where to enable this? My guess is that this is provided by an add-in or other customization on the school system. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama...

Outlook 97 help please
I know it is old, but the company I work for uses Outlook 97 for email. My problem is that even when someone sends me the simplest of emails with nothing but text in the body, 90%of the time it arrives as an attached text document that I have to open in notepad. If I want to reply, I have to copy their message from notepad and paste it back into the reply window. My computer at work is the only one that appears to do this, but nobody here can see where my options are set any different than theirs. I would love it if someone could tell me how to fix this problem. I have the the latest serv...

Outlook 2003 help please..
I have a Samsung i830 and had some phone numbers transferred from an older phone into it and sync-ed it to my computer with Active-Sync 3.7.1... It seems to have overridden all of my contacts stored in Outlook 2003 and replaced them with my phonebook contacts. Did I just loose over 2 years of email contacts or is there any way to retrieve them? Matt <mttmrrsn.nospamme@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a Samsung i830 and had some phone numbers transferred from an > older phone into it and sync-ed it to my computer with Active-Sync > 3.7.1... It seems to have overridden all of m...

Help exporting the resulting of a sort by Group
HI, I would like to export into excel from MS Project 2007 the result of a sort by Group value within my project. I have created a custom field called area for my project and have assigned an 'area' for each task. If I sort by the group 'area' I get the exact results that I would like to export - the sum of values (such as work, % work complete, etc) for each of my areas. HOWEVER I can not seem to export this into excel. I am not able to figure out how to create a filter that will give me the group by area with the sum totals. Can you help please - is there a...

Implement Help function
Hello, I have a MFC dlg-based application where I want to implement a help function. For example, in Windows XP, going to the 'Properties' of 'My Computer' will show you a window with a question button on the titlebar. Is it possible to have this in dlg-based application?? thx "Wes" <saruman@pandora.be> wrote in message news:uiWUxx5sEHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I have a MFC dlg-based application where I want to implement a help > function. > For example, in Windows XP, going to the 'Properties' of 'My Computer'...

Requesting data from the Microsoft Exchange Server
Requesting data from the Microsoft Exchange Server My OutlookXP is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server "Server". You can cancel the request or minimize this message to the Windows taskbar until Outlook closes the message automatically. Why is this happening? Thank you. Normally causes by a slow network or a busy Exchange server. The client is waiting for a response from the server and either it is busy with another task or the network is slow. When it connects and gets the data, the message goes away. It is just there to inform users it is actua...

Please Help! Outlook Task list as HTML?
I urgently need help figuring out a way to convert, publish, export, etc., my Outlook task list as a HTML web page. I need to be able to retain all of the view characteristics of the original task list, i.e., colors, columns, sort, etc.. Really would appreciate any suggestions as I need this for an online meeting Monday night for people outside of our organization who do not have access to our Exchange Server. THANKS!!!! Why not use Outlook Web Access??? You could do screen captures and/or print to PDF files? Do you have the ability to make PDFs? If all else fails, use PRINTSCR...

Help Needed
Good morning: This is an example what I am trying to achieve Col-A Col-C Row 1: Name Address Col-A Col-C Row 4: Name Search Address Search Note: The names & address will be hidden below the respective search Col's. I need to search by name (R-4 / C-A) or by address (R-4 / C-C) and have the corresponding name & address populate R-1 respectively AND THEN CLEAR THE SEARCH CELLS LEAVING THE RESULTS IN R-1. Please keep in mind I am not a programmer. Thank you in adv...

Need help formatting a cell.
Can such a request be done using Excel? I need to enter a time in Cell B18 of 2325 or 11:25pm from that time i need it to calculate that cell B17 is 15 minutes prior to B18 (2310 or 11:10pm) B16 is 20 minutes prior to B18 (2305 or 11:05pm) B15 is 45 minutes prior to B18 (2240 or 10:40pm) B14 is 1 hour prior to B18 (2225 or 10:25pm) B13 is 1 hour 10 minutes prior to B18 (2215 or 10:15pm) and so one...... When i will need to change cell b18 to another time.... I need all my cells to still have the same minutes prior to be calculated and deducted. Sorry if questions is compliacted and conf...

Help files...
Hi guys, Has anyone seen a good tutorials on making help files in VS2003? HTML is perfered. AliR. "AliR" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message news:44ef41a2$0$15172$a8266bb1@reader.corenews.com... > Hi guys, > > Has anyone seen a good tutorials on making help files in VS2003? HTML is > perfered. > Can you download a trial copy of RoboHelp or some other help tool? I use ForeHelp, but they went out of business several years ago. -- David Thanks David, I'll look into RoboHelp. Just to clarify I was looking for a tutorial on using the VStudio Help ...

Help with formula please.
Hi, I have the following formula set up on a sheet called 'Wow' =IF(Wow!A1="90 / 63 reducer", Wow!B1) What I would like to add (in plain speak) is if on Wow sheet, cell A1 says 90 / 75 reducer, enter B1 into sheet 4 cell A4. At the end of the day, what im after is the following: If on Wow sheet, cell A1 says '90 / 75 reducer', enter Wow sheet B1 figure into sheet 4 cell A20, but if on Wow sheet, cell A1 says 'sleeve', enter B1 figure into sheet 4 cell A50, but if on Wow sheet, cell A1 says 'outlet', enter B1 figure into sheet 4 cell A100. I hope ...

Custome number format help
I have a series of cells that will hold values such as 350,000.00. This value is entered by the user and entire amount is used in calculations across the worksheet. I want the output to be 350k. This way, more columns can be viewed at a time and makes for easier reading than a number with all the zeros. I can't get the customer number format to "hide" the zeros. WB Thanks, yes it did. "Carmen" <hovendic@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Od0aSCQrGHA.4356@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > WB, I put > > #,k > > in the custom formatting box and it looks ...

Macro Help... why does this error out?
This macro exports some info from excel to notepad... it'll right about 4 records successfully then it'll give me a "Run-time error'5': Inavalid procedure call or arguement" on the line of code that reads "CellText = ..Text & Space(ColWidth - Len(.Text))" If someone has some spare time or is bored please take a look and see what i have to do to fix this problem. Function WriteFile(delimiter As String, quotes As Integer) As String ' dimension variables to be used in this function. Dim CurFile As String Dim SaveFileName Dim CellText As String Di...

Help with Merging
Is it possible to merge workbooks so that I can take data from them all to make a chart? If so how is this done? I have a workbook for every month and need many numbers from each workbook to make some charts to see what progress we are having. Any help would be great! You should just be able define your data range regardless of whether it's in the same workbook or not. You can have multiple sets of data be drawn into one chart, from several workbooks. First, open up the workbooks you want to draw data from (in addition to the one where you will have the graph). Start the Graph...

Macro Help- combining "CS" files
Below is the macro I have to go to a certain file and combine all spreadsheets. I did not write this macro myself. I just received it and modified it to work for my situation. When this maco is run it gets to the first file and says I cannot change a read only file and says I must unprotect the worksheet. This sheet is not protected but I really only want to copy the info on it anyway. Is there a way to modify this macro to copy the information. I could save all of the "CS" files as new files but that would defeat the purpose of automating this job Any help is greatly a...

Help!!!! Can't right click. #2
update...holding down shift and F10 does nothing at all (just like righ clicking on any cell). Any other ideas? Thanks -- jersey100 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jersey1000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1648 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27831 Can you right click in other programs? Is this problem exclusive t excel -- eluehman ----------------------------------------------------------------------- eluehmann's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.ph...

Windows Help
I had trouble getting the ‘Windows Help Troubleshooter ‘ to operate.. I think it could have been after I went to MS Windows Update an downloaded an update. I sought help re this and received a substitute program ‘tshoot. exe. This worked OK for a while but now it has spat the dummie At C:\Windows\HELP I still have the Tshoot. exe file but all it does when I open it is to bring up the corrupted program. Is there a way to get the Windows Trouble Shooter working again? Hi this is an Excel newsgroup :-) So you may better ask this in the general Windows newsgroup -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankf...