Help viewing attachments

When I open an attachment in Outlook 2002, if it is a picture I just get a
bunch of code and can't see the picture.  Is there anyway to fix this?

Make sure you open it with a picture viewer. You can assign a default
program for your picture type by going to Control Panel-> Folder Option->
tab File Types

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"brandi g." <brandi g.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I open an attachment in Outlook 2002, if it is a picture I just get a
> bunch of code and can't see the picture.  Is there anyway to fix this?

0
Roady

How to turn off sending attachments in non-delivery reports
Hi experts! I have a small question regarding Exchange 5.5 SP4 administration. We have a situation, in which Exchange server is sending attachments with non-delivery reports that have been attached in original mail. How to turn this off? "Alexey CVoinov" <barmexp@mail.ru> wrote in news:b40301c43744$e32b8340 $a101280a@phx.gbl: > Hi experts! > I have a small question regarding Exchange 5.5 SP4 > administration. > We have a situation, in which Exchange server is sending > attachments with non-delivery reports that have been > attached in original mail. &g...

A question involving attaching formulas #2
hello (I'm from belgium so my english therms might not be th�t good) don't know where to start but I'll try, my problem is: They asked me to 'attach' formulas to words example; if I typ 'Corpus' (or select it in some sort of a pop up menu) the formulas (attached to it?) have to appear automaticly some cells further. actually it's for calculating prices, so if I want to calculate a certain closet, I have to choose the different parts (like corpus or door) with the different formulas attached (because there are different doors). it's kinda hard to expla...

Cannot attach content database after accidental SP2 upgrade!
Hi All I have a very serious problem that I'm hoping somebody can shed some light on. We have a Sharepoint Server 2007 farm that has been accidently upgraded to SP2 from SP1 (sp2 was rolled out as an automatic update!). At first nothing worked at all but after some research I have managed to detach and re-attach the databases with STSADM and I now have Central Admin working and also the Shared Service Provider. My problem is that I cannot re-attach the main content database. I have pasted the text from the Upgrade log file below. This text is produced when I run the f...

ASSERT(::IsWindow(m_hWnd)); when I close a window, help!
I have an mdi based app, which has several document templates defined (all same Doc class, many different View classes). It all works fine until I close one of the child windows (doesn't matter which view), then I get this assert:- ASSERT(::IsWindow(m_hWnd)); in this function. void CWnd::AssertValid() const Although not always, just most of the time (race conditions somewhere?) Reading the comments in the above function, it blames badly passed CWnd objects across threads. However I don't spawn any extra threads... Any ideas? It very annoyiny and completely baffling. This is t...

Help needed with 'Save As' dialog
hello gurus I'm having trouble with the following code. The last line I've show works perfectly - the 'Save As' dialog comes up, and the 'File Name' drop-down box correctly shows the value of strFileName. But, I can't figure out how to get the 'Save In' drop down box to show the value of strSaveLocation. strSaveLocation = "C:\EmpData\2009" strFileName = "Report_" & strDate & "_" & strEmpName & ".xls" Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show strFileName Any clues welcomed...

Word attachment is being removed
I am using Outlook Express. When I try to send an email with a Word attachment, OE removes the Word attachment from the email. The person receiving the email then gets garbage for the attached portion. Is this a security setting? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance ...

printing publisher 2003 docs with dell printer, HELP!!!
I have a dell printer, fairly new, and am trying to print a basic invitation. I cannot print anything from publisher 2003 to this dell printer, all I get is an error box that pops up and says "cannot load printer drivers". I have tried re-installing the printer drivers with the printer installation disk, any & all updates to publisher 2003, but cannot get printing to work. Dell help states it's a publisher software problem, Microsoft support states it must be a Dell problem. I don't have any problem printing anything else from office, or any other program. I ca...

Different views of spreadsheets
I'm working with a spreadsheet that has columns for each month with Jan Fcst, Jan Actual, Jan Variance, Feb Fcst, Feb Actual, Feb Variance, ... for each of the 12 months. I'd like to be able to easily change the "view" of the spreadsheet so that I could show either just the forecast data or just the actual data or maybe just the forecast and actual or all 36 columns. Is there an easy way to set this up? Thanks. Michael How about some macros that hide or unhide columns you want? You can make buttons on a toolbar that will run them easily. These macros would be easy...

Help with SQL and Excel.....
Hello friends, I am trying to send data from a store procedure to excel now and I could send the data to be formatted the same (color and bold) but then I run sp operating system displays an error in Excel.exe and do not understand why ... : o (someone has an idea that could be happening? Besides, I need to send the data and to create groups in excel, anyone have any idea how to do that? I was reviewing OLE but even I did not figure the solution to my problem .... heeeeeeeeeeeeellllp me :"( The code I use is: --EXEC ABC123_2 'C:\SUCCESS.xls' --///////////...

CAtalog merge not showing pictures
I am using Publisher 2003 and uding the catalog merge wizard to create photo directory.- My data source spreadsheet has a column that contains links to picture files. I have used the complete file names, but cannot seem to get the photos to show up. I have added .jpg to end of names - they all reside in same file with data source spreadsheet and publisher template file - Help!! Any other reasons that pictures won't print? MArtha Lots of help here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010381431033.aspx Create a data source for a mail merge or a catalog merge -- Mary Sauer...

Cant get help elsewhere
Hi I apologise in advance if this is not the place to put this. I have tried to get on to hotmail support and cant. For some reason hotmail, opening emails or even trying to get onto the forum is either slow (i.e. opening hotmail) or does not load at all, opening emails..does not open, or trying to get onto the forum, does not dl. Is something wrong with hotmail. other sites seem to open ok? Thanks for any help. Mel HOW TO Optimize IE for Windows Live Hotmail & windowslivehelp.com http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=3c7c3338-369e-4220-b29d-71ce660fe...

Deleting a tree view with an item selected
Hi guys When using DeleteAllItems() to delete an existing tree view, I found that if, say, the first item is selected, the delete process will automatically change the selection to second, third, ... until the last item. So all other functions that related to the selection change will be running many many times. Any idea to get rid of this silly thing? Something like disselect before delete, I've tried to find a this sort of function, but just couldn't. Thanks in advance. Rich I would image that you could use SetItemState() to unselect the item, but I've never seen this...

Attachment backups
I am using Outlook 2002. The last time I backed up my outlook file so that I could reformat my hard drive, when I reinstalled it, I had all of the old messages, but none of the attachments. Is there a way that I can be sure to keep the attachments from these messages without having to save each one individually? Thanks for any help on this ...

Problems with exchange 2003 server viewing public folder perimisions and MFBPublish
X-No-Archive: yes Since we have migrated from Exchange Server 5.5 to 2003, we are getting MFBPublish errors in the event log every 25 minutes. (Error initialising session for virtual machine mailserver. The error number is 0x80040111. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running - eventid 8197). The Microsoft Exchange Store is running. Advice from Technet has made no change. We also get a MAPI 1.0 error (The Information store could not be opened. The logon to the Microsoft Exchange server computer failed) when trying to view client permissions on public folders locally on our mail se...

Help Importing Text File and Getting Right Format
Hi I have a text file that has our customers emails separated by commas. I want to get this list imported into excel with each of the email addresses appearing on a separate row in one column. I tried the import wizard and I get one of two results, all the emails in separate columns. Meaning they all show up in Row A under Column A-ZZZ, or they all show up in Row A Column A. The goal is to get each one in a separate row all under column A. Help is greatly appreciated. Thank you Brandon I'd open the text file in MSWord. Then change all the commas to a paragraph mark Look under the ...

Problem Opening Excel Attachments in Outlook 2000
A user is experiencing problems trying to open attached Excel spreadsheets within Outlook by double-clicking on it or by right-clicking on it and selecting Open. When they try and open it, Excel immediately opens up, but the spreadsheet does not. If you minimize Excel, you see the Outlook error message "the system cannot find the file specified". I've already looked in the MS Knowledge Base and followed the instructions regarding clearing the checkbox for "ignore other applications" within Excel's options.....and it did nothing to help with this problem. I...

Viewing running ntbackup
I have a scheduled ntbackup job that's running far too long. Is there a way to get the status window while it's running so I can see what's it hanging on? yaro "yaro137" <yaro137@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:32dacbc7-a59a-4fe7-b111-f6410492e459@l2g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... >I have a scheduled ntbackup job that's running far too long. Is there > a way to get the status window while it's running so I can see what's > it hanging on? > yaro Only if you started the job in a foreground session under the same account as ...

SMTP Relaying Help
SMTP Relaying Help I am trying to configure an exchange server to relay email, and it seems that all I get in response is the following: Action: failed Status: 5.7.1 Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@domain.com Can anyone help me with this. what version of Exchange, and how did you do this? "NewGuy" <netlister@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#MNTbfKYFHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > SMTP Relaying Help > > > > I am trying to configure an exchange server to relay email, and it seems > that all I get in response is the fol...

Posting Help!
I open up the following: Transactions - Purchasing - Manual Payments Payment Number, Date, Vendor ID, Payment Method, Checkbook ID, Document Number and Amount have all been filled in. When I click Post, I get an error message saying "Transaction posting is not allowed." Can someone please tell me why this error is coming up and how I can fix it? Thanks your system has been setup to disallow transaction posting save the transaction to a batch and then post that batch. HS "JPS" <JPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59A660AE-9077-493C-8AE9-A...

Attachment Preview like in OE
Hi. I don't know what I am overlooking, and think I have looked everywhere, but cannot find how/where to specify for Outlook 2000 to show picture (ie: JPG) attachments in the body of the email, like I am used to seeing in Outlook Express. I much prefer this than having to open each one in an editor to view it. Outlook cannot be less customisable than its baby brother, so what have I overlooked? Can anybody tell me how to achieve this? Many thanks in advance. OzzyFrank First thing you should know is that OE isn't the baby brother of Outlook. MS just decided to name their Internet ma...

help with lookup #2
I have a workbook made of 2 sheets. Sheet1 has a list of dates down column B (starting at row 4). Thes dates are in chronological order. Sheet2 has a list of anniversaries down Column C (starting at C1) tha are also in chronological order, with a text entry for each date in th adjacent cell in column D. I want my spreadsheet to automatically report into column D of sheet the text entries from column D of sheet2 alongside the appropriat date. In other words, Sheet1!$B$4 contains 1/Jan/2004 Sheet2!$C$1 contains 1/Jan/2004 Sheet2!$D$1 contains New Years Day I want my spreadsheet to reco...

Newbie needs help writing a function
Hey all, I am trying to write a function for a Module. Here is my code: Public Function fncModelNo(OptionKey As Variant) Dim ModelNo As Variant ModelNo = Left([OptionKey], InStr([OptionKey], ".") - 1) Debug.Print ModelNo End Function When I try to run this I receive a Compile error: Argument not optional. What help tells me is that I am probably missing an argument on part of my code, unfortunately I seemed to not be able to find it. If I put just the Left(**********) as an expresion on a query, then the code works, but I am trying to place the code in ...

Help with SQL Statement for pivot table
I'm trying to put a sql statment from an access query into a pivot table query builder. I built the query in access then took the sql view and tried to put it into the excel query builder -- not working. Access put dbo_ in front of all of the table names so I took that out but it's got other problems too. Not sure how the date range should be specified and I wanted it to search a text field for the word "implant". In access I did this by specifying *implant* but sql doesn't seem to like it. Here's the statement: SELECT ApptPending.CreateDate, ApptPending....

Help! Messy-looking "pie chart"!!!
Because a few of my pie chart segments (or is that sectors?!) are very small percentages, the literals are overwriting each other. I once saw an example of a pie chart where lines miraculously appeared to separate the literals out of the way, but I can't find what setting does all this that. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! Meriel With the chart selected, choose Chart>Chart Options On the Data Labels tab, add a check mark to 'Show leader lines' Click OK Click on one of the labels, to select all the labels Click on one of the crowded labels, to select it Drag that label slightly ...

display of photo attachments in Outlook is different to OE
Hi, I recently switch from OE to Outlook and one of the differences I found was that attached photo's are no longer being automatically opened as I had in OE. For instance, in OE, when I received an email with several attached photos, these photo's we visible on the email page and could all be seen as I scroll down the page. But with Outlook, I no longer seem to have this option and I have to individually double click on each and every photo in order to see it. I've tried looking in the Outlook help file. But couldn't find and answer. Is it possible to have this optio...