HELP: retreiving forgotten passwords from Outlook

I've got Outlook 2003 and got a POP3 mail account set up. However I want to
do a fresh installation of Windows and will lose my account details. I do
not remember my password and was wondering how can I retreive my password
for the "Logon Information" and also "More Settings | Outgoing Server"
passwords. Since the passwords are in ****** format. I assume the passwords
are stored in Outlook files encrypted right?

0
kevingpo (34)

KevinGPO, you  wrote on Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:20:48 -0000:

> I've got Outlook 2003 and got a POP3 mail account set up. However I want to
> do a fresh installation of Windows and will lose my account details. I do
> not remember my password and was wondering how can I retreive my password
> for the "Logon Information" and also "More Settings | Outgoing Server"
> passwords. Since the passwords are in ****** format. I assume the passwords
> are stored in Outlook files encrypted right?

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mailpv.html

X'Posted to: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller
KevinGPO wrote:
|| I've got Outlook 2003 and got a POP3 mail account set up. However I
|| want to do a fresh installation of Windows and will lose my account
|| details. I do not remember my password and was wondering how can I
|| retreive my password for the "Logon Information" and also "More
|| Settings | Outgoing Server" passwords. Since the passwords are in
|| ****** format. I assume the passwords are stored in Outlook files
|| encrypted right?

"Revelation", free from http://www.snadboy.com/ should solve the problem

paul

And here's a third one: http://www.lostpassword.com/asterisk.htm
--
Brian Tillman
0

Max number of Rules in Outlook
Hi everyone: Just a simple question that may be a common curiosity: does anyone know what is the max number of rules I can set up in Outlook? I have reached about 70 rules and the I get the message that there is no further space on the server. Maybe it is just a matter of room and the number it is not a limitation? Thanks for answering. Cheers That's it indeed; you can only store up to 32KB of e-mail rules. Disabled rules don't count but you're properly better of combining some rules or see if they are still needed. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mo...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Crash on 'Send"