Help! Problem running pst19upg.exe via SMS

I have written a vbscript that will utilize pst19upg.exe to strip a
password from a pst file. (You may be asking yourself, why write a
script to do this when you can do it from the cmd line? Well, this
script is part of a much larger script, but I need this piece to work
first.)

Well, when I run the script out-of-pocket on my pc, everything works
great and the passwords are removed. However, when the script is
imported into an SMS package and pushed to my pc this way, the script
fails completely. I have checked to see if this is a permissions issue,
and that does not seem to be the case.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm at a loss!

Here's is a small portion of the code:

   Set wshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

   psxName = Left(fileName, (Len(fileName) - 1)) & "x"
   bakName = Left(fileName, (Len(fileName) - 3)) & "bak"

   If fso.FileExists("pst19upg.exe") Then
      runString = "pst19upg -x " & Chr(34) & fileName & Chr(34)
      traceOut = traceOut & "Exporting psx file... ( " & runString & "
)" & vbcrlf
      'The following line works out-of-pocket, but fails with SMS
      wshShell.Run runString, 1, true
      If Not Err.Number = 0 Then
         etc.

Have you tried a different parameter for the window state in the Run line?
Possibly a hidden state might work better

<static.chi.cubs@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I have written a vbscript that will utilize pst19upg.exe to strip a
> password from a pst file. (You may be asking yourself, why write a
> script to do this when you can do it from the cmd line? Well, this
> script is part of a much larger script, but I need this piece to work
> first.)
>
> Well, when I run the script out-of-pocket on my pc, everything works
> great and the passwords are removed. However, when the script is
> imported into an SMS package and pushed to my pc this way, the script
> fails completely. I have checked to see if this is a permissions issue,
> and that does not seem to be the case.
>
> Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm at a loss!
>
> Here's is a small portion of the code:
>
>   Set wshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
>   Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
>
>   psxName = Left(fileName, (Len(fileName) - 1)) & "x"
>   bakName = Left(fileName, (Len(fileName) - 3)) & "bak"
>
>   If fso.FileExists("pst19upg.exe") Then
>      runString = "pst19upg -x " & Chr(34) & fileName & Chr(34)
>      traceOut = traceOut & "Exporting psx file... ( " & runString & "
> )" & vbcrlf
>      'The following line works out-of-pocket, but fails with SMS
>      wshShell.Run runString, 1, true
>      If Not Err.Number = 0 Then
>         etc.

0
vince8328 (2733)
3/9/2006 11:19:42 AM
Yes, I have tried that and it did not yield a successful deployment.
However, I did find the root of the problem. It appears as though
Windows will not execute pst19upg unless: a) it is being run locally on
a given pc, or b) if being run on a remote server (this was my case),
one must map the server on his/her box prior to executing the file. I
chose to run the entire process (mapping, executing script,
disconnecting drive) from a batch file and everything works beautifully.

Help with a formula..
I am trying to create a formula that will take information from a cell on one sheet and combine it with text on another sheet. I know how to get the two together. My problem is that I want the part that is brought in to be bolded type. Here is what I have in the formula. ="we are pleased to submit our quotation for "&(cell reference)&" according to the following specifications." What I want to do is have the cell reference part be bold type. Is there a way to do that? It doesnt work if I bold the cell.. already tried it.. Any suggestions? Thanks! KK You'...

Hyperlink via indirect cell reference

Help needed urgently
Hi, Im trying to check that one row of data satifies a criteria, then if it does it counts an entry in another column adjescent to it. Example: - Column A - Column B Blay - Y Blay - N Blay - Y Chop - N Chop - N High - Y What i would be asking (of a much bigger table) is If Column A = Blaydon and then column B (same row) = Y, then count. In this example I would want 2 returned as the answer. Is this possible? Thanks -- Andy Try one of these... Use cells to hold the criteria: D2 = Blaydon E2 = Y If you're using Excel 2007 or later: =COUNTIFS(A2:A7,...

OL2003 (Exchange) and OE6 running in the same PC
We are currently upgrading our OS from W98SE to WinXP. Our VP is using Netscape v4.67 with dial-up to access his personal email from the ISP and Novell Groupwise for his internal corporate email. With the new WinXP, he will be authenticate to Active Directory and using Exchange 2003 (Outlook 2003) for corporate email. (Yep, no more Groupwise!!) I want to move him away from Netscape to OE6 (built-in with XP pro). During my test in the lab, for some reasons I can't have OE6 and OL2003 running at the same time. (I can launch either one but not both at the same time) He wants OE6 as his...

how to build the netsample ipconfig to the exe file?
C:\WINCE500\public\common\oak\drivers\netsamp\ipconfig\ipconfig.cpp i want to make ipconfig.exe. and i could found the sample code. but it source code builded to the lib file. in ipconfig sources files, TARGETNAME=ipconfig TARGETTYPE=LIBRARY SOURCES= \ $(TARGETNAME).cpp the project is .lib file. but the source code has a _tmain() funciton in the source. it's looks possible to compile to the exe file. how can it compile to the exe file? You can add the SYSGEN_NETUTILS and you will have the ipconfig.exe integrated to your OS. Search ipconfig in the cat...

outlook can't receive exe files

An Outlook 2003 Problem

help with dynamic tables

Vb.net 2008 ContextMenuStrip logical error when running code
Greetings, I have a connectmenustrip item that when clicked runs the following code (see below) Now if the event is called by the button i.e. cmdDeleteingBooking.Click the linq query returns the appropriate value. However when called by cntMnuCancelBookingItem.Click is returns 0 even if a checkbox is of 'TRUE' value. Debugging shows the code runs exactly the same code (which loops around rows in a datagridview checking if the checkbox has been checked). Could someone explain the reasoning why the same code would return different results? Private Sub cmdDelete...

CRM 4.0 Custom Report Filter Problem

Video mail VEMAIL.EXE
Just installed VEMAIL.EXE v1.1 and get the message "The fatal error occured" Any tip on how to get this plug in working ? Hi Ant Give up on it - the add-in doesn't work. >-----Original Message----- >Just installed VEMAIL.EXE > v1.1 and get the message "The fatal error occured" >Any tip on how to get this plug in working ? >. > ...

Duplicate personal folders problem
Hello all, I have a problem with Outlook 2003 and I hope someone can help me resolve it I imported a PST file from Outlook XP that was on a different machine, and now I have two versions of Personal Folders in my All Mail Folders list. They both have Deleted Items, Drafts, Inbox, Junk E-mail, Outbox, Sent Items and Search Folders in. One of them has an icon of a piece of paper with a clock to the top left and a house to the top right. The other one has an icon like a stack of files (like from a filing cabinet) They are clearly referencing the same thing, as the Deleted Items both have al...

Excel Problem #3
I have win2000 with Office 2000 in the network! When i try to rename one excel file my computer make restart. This hapening not to all files,and all files there are in the same folder in the network! What hapen,and what i can do so as to work out the problem? I have all the required permissions on that network folder. No one else has any of the files open. They are not shared workbooks. ...

Interesting Solver problem (Solver encounters an error)
Here's an interesting problem, I wonder if anyone has any thoughts o this. Recognize that my real problem is very complex (severa intermediate calculation including some iterative steps), but th problem I'm having seems similar (conceptually anyway) to this simpl problem. Given a data set: x,y 10,3.9 8,3.2 7,2.8 6,2.2 5,1.4 4.5,0.8 4,0.01 3.8,-0.4 3.6,-1 3.5,-1.4 3.4,-1.8 3.3,-2.4 3.2,-3.2 3.1,-4.6 3.05,-6 One could look at the data and say, "that looks like the curve y=ln(x) but with a different asymptote other than the y-axis and possibly scaling factor." So we choos...

Excel Running Wild After Update
I ran the Office update via Auto Update. Word and Powerpoint seem fine but Excel attemtps to open every compatible file (and a few that aren't) when I start it up. After it overdoses on files it fails and closes. Any ideas on what to do other than reverting to an older version, pre-update? Wild guess: Look in Applications:Microsoft Office 2004:Office:Startup:Excel: . Are there a bunch of random files in there? I think Excel would try to open anything in there on launch. On 3/23/06 9:04 AM, "Jeff Fread" wrote: > I ran the Office update via Auto Update. Word and Powe...

Macro Help #18
Well I think this is a macro. I have searched my excel book and i can not seem to figure out what to do. I want to write something that if this statement is true, then the font color changes. But here is the potential problem. THe location of the text will change. So i need it to search for this text and then change the color. Does that make sense? Is this possible? If this can be done it will really help me. Thanks in advance. This is exactly what i am trying to do. You type in a persons name into cell a1. you also type a name into cell a2. These names will transfer over ...

Next button problems
I have a next button in a form that I have criteria for. I have a date field that has to be entered before going to another record. When I click the next button I get the pop up that says click update to continue but the form displays the next record instead of staying on the current record that needs updating. Here is the code that I am using. ____________________________________________________________________________________ Private Sub Command39_Click() If IsNull([Post Called Customer]) Then MsgBox "You must click the UPDATE button to continue!!!" Cancel = True End If On Erro...

Problems with MFC list controls
I have a large list control with many inventory control items displayed within. When someone single clicks on an item, it displays information about that item in another part of the dialog. I have a three-fold problem, the master list has multiple columns in it, in order to make the selection work properly, only column 0 can be selected, is there a way to make a valid row selection if you select an item using any of the other columns? Second issue is the highlight of the selection. Only column 0 in the list control will highlight, is there a way to make the entire row highlight when an...

Problem with message routing between EXCH2K and EX2K3
We are running a ver simply Exchange topology, with an Exchange 2000 single server (ServerA) acting as "dumb" Information Store. Incoming and outbound SMTP email is relayed through a Linux based SMTP host relay on the same subnet, which handles all domain lookups for mail routing. ServerA is configured to use to the Linux SMTP server as it's smart host. The domain is a native Windows 2003 AD topology. My problem is the following: I have recently added a new Exchange 2003 Server (ServerB) into our Exchange site topology. If I create a user (UserA) on ServerA and then do a...