HELP! - POP3 messages downloaded but do not show up in Inbox

We are experiencing a weird problem: Outlook 2003 is downloading email from
a POP3 server, but then nothing is showing up the user's Inbox.  This does
not affect all users.

Our setup is as follows:

    User has POP3 account
    User has Exchange account
    Delivery is set to "Mailbox - Username" (the Exchange PST)

I can verify that messages are on the POP3 server waiting to be picked up.
Clicking "Send/Receive" pops the messages off the server, but nothing shows
up in the user's Inbox.  I have verified that user has no filters set; there
are also no delivery rules set that might be delivering to a different
folder (actually, this particular doesn't have other folders).

Running OutlookExpress on this same machine works fine and any new messages
show up in the Inbox.

Has anyone run into this before?  Can someone please help!

Thanks, Ryan

0
nospam7515 (2084)

Ryan Parlee <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

> We are experiencing a weird problem: Outlook 2003 is downloading
> email from a POP3 server, but then nothing is showing up the user's
> Inbox.  This does not affect all users.
>
> Our setup is as follows:
>
>    User has POP3 account
>    User has Exchange account
>    Delivery is set to "Mailbox - Username" (the Exchange PST)

That's not a PST, by the way, it's the Exchange mailbox.

Does using Find or the Unread Mail search folder allow you to locate any of
the incoming messages?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

View pointer in static function Help!!!
Help please , i need to implement a static function in CView derived class that must return to CDoc derived class the active view pointer...how can i do? i tried something similar CSdicap10View* CSdicap10View::GetView() { CSdicap10View* pView = GetActiveView(); return pView; } it return error GetActiveView undeclared identifier or also CSdicap10View* CSdicap10View::GetView() { return this; } but it return static member functions don't have this pointer and also CSdicap10View* CSdicap10View::GetView() { CFrameWnd * pFrame = (CFrameWnd *)(AfxGetApp()->m_pMa...

Help w/ Union Queries
?Can anyone tell me how to make a Union Query. I am not very advanced in Access. I need to make a combo box that allows the user to select all or just one item. The response back suggested I make a union query to do this. Currently my combo box row source is from a table called "Project". The response from the community told me to do the following but I am lost. Thanks in advance for your help! Response: Use a Union query as the row source for your combo box: Select "All" From SomeTable UNION Select SomeField From SomeTable; There are lots of people who use ac...

Send messages in another "Send Items"
I have a personal and a groupmailbox in Outlook(2000). If I send a message on behalf of de groupmailbox the message is placed in my personal "Sent Items". But what I want is the message to be placed in the groupmailbox "Sent Items'. Anyone some ideas? W2000 Outlook 2000 Exchange 5.5 Thankz Peter Peter <jpmoons@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have a personal and a groupmailbox in Outlook(2000). > If I send a message on behalf of de groupmailbox the message is > placed in my personal "Sent Items". > But what I want is the message to be placed in the g...

ability to view hotmail messages through outlook suddenly stopped
I have two email accounts, one that I access through my ISP and the other at Hotmail. Both email accounts have been set to open in Outlook (Outlook 2000 on Win XP OS). Until four days ago, I never had a problem viewing or responding to hotmail messages. Then suddenly, I could view the sender and subject of a message on the hotmail account viewed and formatted to work in Outlook, and I could delete an unread message, but I cannot open or view contents of any message received. Now I have to login to my hotmail account separately and view messages in a browser format, and it is driving me crazy....

Help! How I can create...
I need to create a toolbar (if it is) such as the workspace window in VC++ with a CTreeCtrl within... How I can proceed? Thank you! On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:03:19 +0100, Gaetano Sferra <rebusmail@iol.it> wrote: > I need to create a toolbar (if it is) such as the workspace window in > VC++ > with a CTreeCtrl within... > How I can proceed? > > Thank you! > > Hi, Check out www.codeproject.com It has all the answers and more. Paul. > Check out www.codeproject.com It has all the answers and more. Hi Paul, please be more specific... I've already se...

Help
I have a calender item that I deleted. Now whenever I open Outlook (I have Office 2003), I get a reminder that the item is past due. When I click "dismiss" I get a message: "Cannot turn off Reminder. You may be reminded again. Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid". How can I get rid of this, so I don't get reminded every time I start Outlook? Thanks for any help. Tom_0127 <tom_0127_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have a calender item that I deleted. Now whenever I open Outlook > (I have Office 2003), I get...

Messages stay in the outbox
I am having trouble with messages staying in the outbox. 1. I have already triple-checked the smtp server name, and have username and password set up properly for authentication. 2. Messages will go out from my workplace through an smtp server that does not require authentication (but can't be accessed away from work) 3. My other computer sends fine through the same DSL hookup to the same smtp server 4. I can send through Outlook Express with the same settings Odd thing...in the account setup, the "Test Account Settings" button works! The test message goes out, and comes bac...

Outlook 2002 retrieving duplicate messages on startup
I'd be very grateful for help on this problem that has been seriously bugging me. When I start up Outlook, it downloads all the mail from my POP3 server, not just the new mail, and so I get many, many duplicates. So long as Outlook stays running, though, it behaves fine, with each send/receive just getting the new mails, as it should. I use two POP3 accounts, and both send through the same SMTP server (which requires me to log on). Sometimes it gets duplicates from one account, sometimes from the other, sometimes both, but always from at least one. The same mail settings work fine...

Show in Groups option
I like to store my saved messages using the above option. By using this (View / Arrange By / From) I can quickly refer to an e-mail without having to search back through dozens of others filed chronologically. The problem I have is that Outlook seems to store the messages under several different headings. For instance, a message from John Smith can appear under any of: John Smith Smith, John 'John Smith' This is compunded when the same individual has more than one e-mail address - this can double the number of options. Is there any way around this? Thanks. Names do vary...

XY Scatter Chart Not Showing X Axis
I'm trying to create a quadrant analysis. I have the four quadrants as stacked columns and the real data as a XY Scatter. The x axis for the XY Scatter is not showing. The real data series are marked as the secondary axis. Does anyone know how to make the X axis appear? Usually Excel gives you both secondary axes when you add an XY series to a column chart. Go to Chart menu > Options > Axes, and check the box for the secondary X axis. If you're using Excel 2007, it's found on the middle of the three charting tabs, under Axis. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft ...

Original message not included in forward
Using Outlook Web Access: Forwarding and replying to a message does not include the original message. It only includes the header stating who it was originally from, date, subject and such. The settings are different in the Web Access compared to desktop addition. You do not have the choice to include or exclude the original message. Does anyone know why the original message would not forward when sending an email on or replying to an existing one? ...

Quote Product showing products not part of the Quote Price List
On the quote I pick a price list with 2 products on it and save it. I drill into Quote Product and the product lookup shows me those two products and products that are not part of that price list. What am I missing? I suspect this is by design, Bob. You might need to write a script to check if the product selected is present in the specified pricelist and display an alert, etc. HTH, Niths "Bob" wrote: > On the quote I pick a price list with 2 products on it and save it. I drill > into Quote Product and the product lookup shows me those two products and > product...

inbox limit
>From earlier postings I gathered that there is a 2GB limit on the Outlook Inbox's PST file. I think there is a limit of 64,000 messages as well. How can I increase this limit on MS Outlook, on MS Windows XP Professional computer. Thanks, Yasaswi Can't increase it when running Outlook 97 thru 2002. (Its hard coded into the application) Outlook 2003 is the only version that breaks this bearer with a new PST file format. Out of the box it has a software limit of 20GB (unknown item count because performance basically degrades after a bit). This file size limit can be increased...

Cannot delete an email from inbox
Hi there, I'm using Outlook 2000SR2 on a machine running NT4 and have a problem with it. I cant delete this one e-mail and even when i click on it (right and left) and the preview pane is not being used, it freezes the whole system and has to be rebooted. Any ideas on how to get rid of this annoyance? Thanks in advance Andy ...

Message: Money Not properly installed, recs not working, help!
Just got this message yesterday when I opened MOney 2004 STandard version (never happened before) "money is not properly installed. plese set up again" I uninstalled and reinstalled money but still getting same error messages I tried the options of opening a existing Money file, will not open my existing data file I tried create a new file but it give me error message that it can't save I tried repairing "my money" file but ti will not let me repair, it gave me this message about possibly being a read only file it will not let me restore any back up file Help! I...

amortization Please help :(
I need to produce a loan amortization with the ability to input actual historic payments made or missed (need to add a late fee to missed or late payments) and I also need to vary the interest rate part way through the schedule. I have searched office templates and the only thing that comes close is a template which allows for extra payments (but they have to be same amount and date each month). I am a bit hopeless on the old excel as I have no idea what formulas I would need to even produce such a template. PLEASE HELP!! Can somebody direct me to a site that may offer free software...

I Want to help reduce SPAM!!!
I have a big problem with spam as I get email from what appears to be Microsoft or Microsoft Product suppliers. The email seemed legitimate. At the bottom of the email was an unsubscribe link which I chose to do and now I am receiving that very same email only it looks like I sent it to my self. Is there any way that I can help in stopping this sort of thing from happening? Is there any recourse? In my email address just take out the z's and you will have the right email address. Did you have an antivirus program installed, running, and up-to-date when you clicked the link? If no...

Print Question Newbie Please help
I am creating a spreadsheet that I need to print on 11x17 paper. My printer does not support 11x17 but I can send it to someone that does. How can I format my spreadsheet to use 11x17 so I can see all the cells etc. My guess is I need to install a print driver that supports 11x17 am I on the right track? If so can anyone suggest what I can use? Thanks Tom -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 0 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails...

help 09-20-07
I want to design a cascasding combo box. ive tried to design before, but met much difficulty. The design would allow one to choice a main category-->than a sub category--- > than an Abbreviation---> than a material matching that abbreviation. i have already made five different queries (materials based on the four main categories) and another with the materials linked to the abbreviation. from previous post, i am aware of needed to make more than one combo box. however, somehow all my queries are not linking to a final choice. any help is appreciated thanks la -- Message pos...

Need help
My company ask me to look for a freelance person who can translate CAD Files to VISIO file...please respond Go to controldrawings.com. I will try to assit you. "Jayne_from_Santa_Monica" wrote: > My company ask me to look for a freelance person who can translate CAD > Files to VISIO file...please respond > > ...

Help authoring tool
Hi I know it is a bit ‘off topic’ but I couldn't find a board where it would be ‘on topic’ so here I am: Can anyone recommend a help authoring tool? We currently write in C++ using visual studio 2003 and MFC. This is for commercial use so cost is not so much a concern as ease of use and functionality. Thanks in Advance Peter Chapman Hi Peter, A help authoring tool. If by this, you mean a piece of software that will trundle through your source code and produce a help file at the end of the process? Well we use Autoduck. But there are others, I believe Doxygen is another very ...

No Message text in Inbox
Hello All! I am experiencing a strange problem with my outlook 2002 inbox. Received messages are blank when viewed in the inbox, but if I click 'Forward', then I am able to read the message... Any help with this? Thanks, Myles ...

Moving Messages
I have got both Outlook and Outlook Express on my computer, can I move messages from Outlook to Outlook Express or vice versa? How? Jeff -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =----- ...

how to delete newsgroup messages
How do I delete messages in a newsgroup in Entourage 2008? Currently when I right-click on a message, the "Delete Message" option is greyed out. Jamie On 12/7/09 5:53 AM, in article C74272F0.16C53%jkite@cisco.com, "Jamie Kite" <jkite@cisco.com> wrote: > How do I delete messages in a newsgroup in Entourage 2008? You can't delete any newsgroup message. They are on the server and older ones are deleted on a schedule after xx days. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Hel...

Cannot send message thru POP3 connection
My email works fine when I connect using my exchange server account, but when I out of office and connect my exchange server using POP3 connection, I can receive email without any problem but I keep receiving undelivery note as follows when I try to send mail to account not on the Global address book. Please help. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 07/01/2004 10:02 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: gareth@hotmail.com on 07/01/2004 9:58 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-I...