Help please with junk e-mails

I have set up outlook 2000 to send unwanted mails to a folder names Junk e
mails, I have copied below part of the outlook 2000 help file, can anyone
tell me exactly where I can find add in filters as I cannot find them
anywhere.

You can also filter messages based on a list of e-mail addresses of junk and
adult content senders. There are third party filters, which are regularly
updated, that you can add to Outlook. These filters have the latest lists of
commercial and adult content senders. For more information, see the Outlook
Web site at http://www.microsoft.com/outlook.

Thanks in advance

John

I have outlook 2000 also. The junk and adult content
senders lists are txt files. Look in
C:\WINDOWS\Profiles\yourprofilename\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook     I believe you can add more to
the lists but I have never found the filters they speak of
either. Maybe someone else will know.

I gave up and got the Free Mail Washer Pro download at
http://shrinkmylink.com/gqi   It allows you to delete the
spam while it is still on the server. I was able to import
spam filters (they tell where) that someone made which
catch things like blank subject lines, s p a c e d subject
lines, invalid headers, etc - things I would have no idea
how to filter for! I tried several other similar programs
but they could not handle all the email I get with my 20+
accounts. On one it took me over two hours to just
download from the server in fits and spurts before I could
delete them and download my good email into outlook!

I do still use Outlook filters to catch the odd one that
slips through, and to send the mail I expect into folders
for each. I have never understool people with only an
inbox. I have, for example, a family folder with folders
for each relative in it. Makes it real quick to find them
later.

0
anonymous (74722)
12/22/2003 9:28:19 PM
They fibbed...there are no updates available for the filters for Outlook
2000.  You can take a look at http://www.slipstick.com/rules/junkmail.htm
for some other ideas, but in the end you might be happier if you install a
3rd party spam prevention program like MailWasher or IHateSpam...or upgrade
to Outlook 2003, which has vastly improved spam filtering features.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:bs7lev$1sg$1@sparta.btinternet.com,
John C wrote:

> I have set up outlook 2000 to send unwanted mails to a folder names
> Junk e mails, I have copied below part of the outlook 2000 help file,
> can anyone tell me exactly where I can find add in filters as I
> cannot find them anywhere.
>

> You can also filter messages based on a list of e-mail addresses of
> junk and adult content senders. There are third party filters, which
> are regularly updated, that you can add to Outlook. These filters
> have the latest lists of commercial and adult content senders. For
> more information, see the Outlook Web site at
> http://www.microsoft.com/outlook.
>

> Thanks in advance
>

> John

Thanks for the replies

John

"John C" <oaklandsautos@nospambtinternet.com> wrote in message
> I have set up outlook 2000 to send unwanted mails to a folder names Junk e
> mails, I have copied below part of the outlook 2000 help file, can anyone
> tell me exactly where I can find add in filters as I cannot find them
> anywhere.
>

> You can also filter messages based on a list of e-mail addresses of junk
and
> adult content senders. There are third party filters, which are regularly
> updated, that you can add to Outlook. These filters have the latest lists
of
> commercial and adult content senders. For more information, see the
Outlook
> Web site at http://www.microsoft.com/outlook.
>

> Thanks in advance
>

> John

Thanks for advice

John

"John C" <oaklandsautos@nospambtinternet.com> wrote in message
> I have set up outlook 2000 to send unwanted mails to a folder names Junk e
> mails, I have copied below part of the outlook 2000 help file, can anyone
> tell me exactly where I can find add in filters as I cannot find them
> anywhere.
>

> You can also filter messages based on a list of e-mail addresses of junk
and
> adult content senders. There are third party filters, which are regularly
> updated, that you can add to Outlook. These filters have the latest lists
of
> commercial and adult content senders. For more information, see the
Outlook
> Web site at http://www.microsoft.com/outlook.
>

> Thanks in advance
>

> John

Excel 97 VBA Help File

junk mail filter doesn't work with rules?
Hello, I receive mail from many pop3 accounts and mailing lists. I use rules to organize the mail within my mailbox. One problem I am having is that the junk mail filter does not screen mail that is affected by the rules. So for instance, I get an email from some alternate account that I have. The mail comes in and gets picked up by the rule and moved to the appropriate folder. When this happens, the junk mail filter never checks the message. Only mail left in the Inbox is screened. Can someone help figure out how to make this work or does anyone have a workaround? I'd hate to ...

export/import Exchange mail
Please let me know if this can be done: 1. I have two Exchange servers running in different domains A and B 2. Server A has 10 users and have email and AD entries for these users 3. Server A is a new box and only has AD entries and no email in email boxes Is there a way to export the mail messages, and other records from the old Exchange mail boxes of the server A and then import it into the corresponding mailboxes of a new Server B? ibsys If they're in the same forest, the both Exchange servers should be in the same organization, and you can use the Move Mailbox Wizard. If they'...

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Help, I cannot Save!

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Help Required

Setting up a new e-mail account

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Need HELP! for Linking data

Help with Registration

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)

Spam Filtering HELP
I recently started a new job, and discovered after day one, that I had inharited a spam mess. Now the previous admin ad installed a Symantic Spam Server Prox which in my opinion, was a complete waste of money as it does not allow for blocking IP addresses. Now here is the question; I am running Exchange 2003, and am looking at setting up the Conection Filter under Message Delivery to block messages based on IP address. The problem is that when I save the IPs to be blocked, I get a message stating that the Connection filter "has to be enabled manually through the specific SMTP virtual serv...

Need macro help to close excel

Duplicate E-Mail #4

Help with simple(?) VBA function