Help please - Unable to delete old emails

Hi

I'm running outlook 2000.  I have a considerable number of old emails that
outlook will not let me delete, I get the message  "The messaging interface
has returned an unknown error, if the problem presists restart outlook".
Obviously I have tried re-starting outlook but this doesn't help.  I have
also run the inbox repair tool which does not report any errors.

Is there any way I can work on and edit the 'outlook.pst' file directly?
These emails are annoying and I would like to get back to a clean listing.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Cheers

Jem

0
Jem

How large is your .PST file? I found the following technet articles
and the first one would seem to be the place that I would start...

OL2000: (CW) Messaging Interface Returns an Unknown Error
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283175

For more information on how to repair a damaged Personal
Folders PST file:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm

If this does not clear it up you may want to check the following
articles. You also may want to patch your Outlook up to date:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275186
OL2000: Error Message: The Messaging Interface Has Returned an Unknown Error

OL2000: Error Message: The Messaging Interface Has Returned an Unknown Error
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299380

--
Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook]

"Jem" <jeremy.turner@***NOSPAM***btinternet.com> wrote in message
Hi

I'm running outlook 2000.  I have a considerable number of old emails that
outlook will not let me delete, I get the message  "The messaging interface
has returned an unknown error, if the problem presists restart outlook".
Obviously I have tried re-starting outlook but this doesn't help.  I have
also run the inbox repair tool which does not report any errors.

Is there any way I can work on and edit the 'outlook.pst' file directly?
These emails are annoying and I would like to get back to a clean listing.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Cheers

Jem

Email file location
Can anyone tell me the actual file location of the email received in Microsoft Outlook? As i have to recover the system and thus i would like to backup the email. Would there any problem? Search for pst-files. Make sure you include hidden files/folders. Then connect to it by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... The default location is; C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Outlook -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----...

lockup on returned email
does anyone have any information on Outlook locking up when getting returned email. It doesn't seem to be on all, but some. I can't find any consistancy on the returned mails, it seems to be random. Any help would be great. Thank You ...

multiple users send from common email address
Hello, I have several users from support department (exchange 2003). Although they have each his own email address, I would like to let them send email from a common address such as support@company.com from their outlook clients. Really, they could use the "reply to" field, but is there some simpler way? On the other hand, I would like all of them to receive messages at support@company.com address. Is it possible? many thanks in advance. O. Ondrej: To get them all to receive mail at support@yourdomain.com, just create a distribution group in Active Directory Users and Co...

Can i see my archive emails in the same folders as they were befor
I don't want to see my emails in a separate location. I want to be able to archive my emails but still be displayed [with a different color tint perhaps, indication that they are archived] in the same location. Imagine that I have the following structure: Customers -> Germany -->DHL -->ZDF -> France -->France Telecom -->Canal+ If i am looking for an email i don't want to look in two locations. [current and archive folder]. Is it possible ? "Johnny" <Johnny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:644549CE-D381-4331-...

Video Email application
I downloaded the video email addon to Outlook - the problem is that I have 2 video sources on my laptop (a TV tuner card and a webcam), and I can't seem to find a way to change the video source (which seems to have defaulted to the TV card) ...

users can delete public folder calendar entries without permission
why would a user be able to delete a calender entry in exchange 2003 (Active Directory) public folder with permissions on that folder set to none in the delete section? any help would be greatly appreciated. shrp On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:23:15 -0700 (PDT), shrpshtr <shrpshtr@gmail.com> wrote: >why would a user be able to delete a calender entry in exchange 2003 >(Active Directory) public folder with permissions on that folder set >to none in the delete section? any help would be greatly appreciated. The short answer is that they wouldn't be able to do that. ...

HELP!! #2
Does anyone know how to Synch AIM mail to outlook? ...

Help Excluding Records
Can someone help me with a formula? I have it 2/3 working, can't seem to get the last part, can't seem to find info in Help or my 3 books. I'm using a formula that looks at the selection a user makes in a parameter field, PCode, and passes info on to a filter for record selection. The firm has various PCodes. 9999 indicates a non-billable item. 10, 11, 12...100 indicate billable items. I have the logic for selecting just the 9999's, and for selecting everything, but I don't know how to put together the logic for selecting everything except the 9999s. Select {?PCode} ...

Form Help 01-18-08
I have a form creating that lists a product code and a product description. When entering data into this form I have people scan a product code. Is there a way to set up a trigger that will notify me if the product code listed on the form originally and the scanned product code do not match? You need to add your own code to the BeforeUpdate event of the control or the form. I haven't worked with scanners so I don't know if scanner input will trigger the BeforeUpdate event of the control so if that doesn't work, use the form level event. You can then cancel the update if ...

Emailing from SharePoint
I've set up a client contact list in SharePoint and don't know how to email from there. Can anyone help please? -- slimjim009 First of all, Outgoing e-mail needs to be configured in Central Administration by your SharePoint administrator. Once that has been done you should simply be able to select the group and choose e-mail users from the Actions menu when viewing People and Groups. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "slimjim009" <slimjim009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:023730C4-A34D-...

How do I insert a JPEG image into the body of the email?
Using Outlook 2003. Was a Eudora email user until last week. Trying to compose a 1 page resume in the body of the email with my photo Would like to not have an attachment that required opening, but have the photo image show with text next to it. This would create a resume that could be reviewed quickly. Use HTML format - not plain text. -- Regards, Pat Garard Melbourne, Australia _______________________ "slwitte" <slwitte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B30D3E0A-4A92-43C9-93F5-4372663349B5@microsoft.com... > Using Outlook 2003. Was a Eudora email ...

This message has not yet been submitted for delivery (EMail Router Workflow)
I have CRM 4.0 and an external Exchange/SMTP host. The Email router is installed and I believe working. All tests complete successfully. Also - I can create a new Activity --> Email and receive an email message via CRM4 no problem. I created a workflow that is supposed to send an Email to the customer when a case is resolved. When I create a test case and resolve it - the email appears in Pending Queue. When I double click the Email it says "This message has not yet been submitted for delivery." There are no errors in the WIn Event Log. My outgoing messages are set to Email Rout...

2nd Post. Please help with Personal files
Hello, I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-mail. In other words when I bring my laptot .pst file to my desktop, I dont wanr my e=mail on my desktop to written over. Please help. I made a major mistake yesterday when I brought my laptop file over and it wrote over all of my desktop e-mails. Thank You very much Mark Mark W. wrote: > Hello, > I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts > as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-m...

Creating and using a Deleted folder
I am using outlook 2002 and when an item is deleted it shows as the item with a line thur it. Is there anyway to have the deleted item moved to a deleted folder. I am running outlook with 3 connections. Two I IMAP and one with MS exchange. The exchange one does have a deleted folder but the others don't Scott Adams <adamsfour@aol.com> wrote: > I am using outlook 2002 and when an item is deleted it > shows as the item with a line thur it. Is there anyway to > have the deleted item moved to a deleted folder. No. That's the way IMAP works. -- Brian Tillman ...

How To Open OE6 .eml File Extension Emails With WLM
Hi: How can I open my old saved OE6 emails with file extension .eml with WLM? Never dreamed I would have this problem of opening prior Microsoft OE6 emails. Thanks, ColTom2 Just double-click on the .eml file. -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "ColTom2" <noemailaddress@nomail.com> wrote in message news:e#ZitFXaKHA.5544@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi: > > How can I open my old saved OE6 emails with file extension .eml with WLM? > > Never dreamed I would have this ...

money 2007 vs. providian ? please help
money wont retrieve info from providian. if i look up providian in the ms money compatibility link as posted by others I get 'direct services' what gives any help? In microsoft.public.money, newby wrote: >money wont retrieve info from providian. > >if i look up providian in the ms money compatibility link as posted by >others I get 'direct services' I don't think so. It looks like "third party". > >what gives > >any help? ...

Bar Graph Help
I'm trying to create a graph similar to the bar graph shown in the middle of the dashboard in the link below labeled as "YTD % of target", but don't know how to get the overlapping bars in excel. Can anyone advise? Thanks! http://www.bonavistasystems.com/Download2/Airline%20Dashboard2.png Here's one way to do it... Add the YTD % series to your bar graph, and then format the series so that it is on the secondary axis. XL will probably create a secondary X-axis, but that will cause a distortion of the data. We need them to be plotted on the same x-ax...

unable to log on to server
outlook is now opening for me. when i attempt to logon, it fails, and i go into offline mode. what am i entering incorrectly in the logon box? the first box is gray with the http address. the second box is my email address, while the third is my password. i am thinking the web address may be incorrect. but since it is gray, how does it get changed? plus, how does one know what the correct web address is? esp when i am trying to use hotmail? thank you, momkoz momkoz <momkoz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > outlook is now opening for me. when i attempt to logon, it fails, and...

IMAP email missing sent, drafts
When I setup an IMAP account in Outlook XP, the only default folder provided is the inbox -- I'm missing the drafts and sent folder. When I send things or save as a draft, it uses the local personal folders. The sent and drafts folder load correctly using Outlook Express. Any ideas? -Brian ...

Delete recurring appointment but keep history
Is it possible to delete a recurring appointment but keep all the previous occurances of the meeting for historical purposes? Thanks markj <markj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible to delete a recurring appointment but keep all the > previous occurances of the meeting for historical purposes? Why not open the series and put an end date of today on the recurrence? That should remove all future occurrences, but keep the past ones. I believe I read that Outlook will keep only 18 months of past entries. Do you see any history older than that? -- Brian Tillman ...

Help Downloading OS to Target
Hi all. Kind of new to CE. I have managed to build a CEPC OS and have tested it on MS Virtual Machine. Problem I am having is trying to download it to the CEPC. From everything I can find, I need to have a 1.44 boot disk. Neither of my machines have a floppy drive. Ultimately, an ISO that can be burned to CD would be great! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. That depends on the media that your BIOS supports for booting -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman Eurotech Inc....

import email from outlook expressv6.0
would be grateful for any pointers for importing emails from xp based, outlook express v6.0 into my vista based machine running win live mail 2008 and win mail ver6.0 6000.16386. have burned 4 files : ( archive (.pst), backup (.pst), extend.dat, outlook (.pst) ) from old system but both win mail and win live mail seem not to recognize the files when i try to read these files or import them. thks. "jchan" <jchan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5438430C-BA1E-4A3E-A8AA-93DBF3E6C08E@microsoft.com... > would be grateful for any pointers for importing emai...

Deleting Customer
Running HQ and 2 stores. version 1.2.0185 Trying to ensure that all customers (about 20 in total) are global but somehow one of the stores has a global customer that doesn't show up in HQ. I want to delete this odd customer. Store won't let me remove it because it is a global customer and if I try to run an HQ worksheet to delete global customers then their account number doesn't show up in the list. Suggestions? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C6A07D.E080C750 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Enc...

Storing Hotmail Folders and Email Offline
Does anyone know how to get my hotmail email stored offline on my computer? Do you want them in WLMail or in Windows folders? In WLMail, Alt + V, Layout, Folder pane, check Show Storage folders. Create new folders in Storage folders. Copy messages to the folders to leave messages in Hotmail. Move messages to remove from Hotmail. Drag and drop to Windows folders to copy messages. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "AndrewP" <AndrewP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8941942D-2EF6-43D3-B99B-FB5CF9484739@microsoft.com... > Does anyone k...

Email resent mysteriously to our All.Company DL
Help! A user in our company sent an email on the 29th Dec, 2006 to our All.Company DL. This email was delivered to all users including myself. Today when I came to work, our email server was down. I could not log on and the server was completely unresponsive. Therefore, I reboot the server. Literally 2 mins later, that same email dated 29th Dec, 2006 was sitting in everyones inbox. I looked at message tracking and I can see the message was submitted on the 29th Dec and delivered locally to all users AND was submitted 2 mins after the reboot and delivered to all users locally. I am 10...