HELP! My Outlook backup.pst file wants a password that doesn't exi

My system lost stability and I did the full restore DVD.

I reinstalled Outlook 2007 and attempted to open my backup.pst file but it
asks for a password.  It doesn't let me advance leaving it blank and it
doesn't accept my POP3 email password.  When I created the file I left the
password field blank.

I am able to get to my email through the web client and by setting up a new
POP3 account in 2007 but i can't access any of my old emails some of which I
really need.

How can I get my emails?

"Jeff Meeusen" <JeffMeeusen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My system lost stability and I did the full restore DVD.
>
> I reinstalled Outlook 2007 and attempted to open my backup.pst file but it
> asks for a password.  It doesn't let me advance leaving it blank and it
> doesn't accept my POP3 email password.  When I created the file I left the
> password field blank.
>
> I am able to get to my email through the web client and by setting up a
> new
> POP3 account in 2007 but i can't access any of my old emails some of which
> really need.
>
> How can I get my emails?

Where is this pst file located that you are trying to open?

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

And how did you create the backup, the MS outlook backup tool has no
password option

"Jeff Meeusen" <JeffMeeusen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My system lost stability and I did the full restore DVD.
>
> I reinstalled Outlook 2007 and attempted to open my backup.pst file but it
> asks for a password.  It doesn't let me advance leaving it blank and it
> doesn't accept my POP3 email password.  When I created the file I left the
> password field blank.
>
> I am able to get to my email through the web client and by setting up a
> new
> POP3 account in 2007 but i can't access any of my old emails some of which
> really need.
>
> How can I get my emails?

0
notvalid5776 (249)
5/6/2009 7:37:17 AM
Google for pstupg19 -
http://www.google.com/search?q=pstupg19&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGIE_en

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Jeff Meeusen asked:

| My system lost stability and I did the full restore DVD.
|
| I reinstalled Outlook 2007 and attempted to open my backup.pst file
| but it asks for a password.  It doesn't let me advance leaving it
| blank and it doesn't accept my POP3 email password.  When I created
| the file I left the password field blank.
|
| I am able to get to my email through the web client and by setting up
| a new POP3 account in 2007 but i can't access any of my old emails
| some of which I really need.
|
| How can I get my emails?

0
Milly
5/6/2009 8:52:11 AM
I think you will find it only works on ansi format pst's

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever> wrote in message
> Google for pstupg19 -
> http://www.google.com/search?q=pstupg19&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGIE_en
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> ALWAYS post your Outlook version.
> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> After furious head scratching, Jeff Meeusen asked:
>
> | My system lost stability and I did the full restore DVD.
> |
> | I reinstalled Outlook 2007 and attempted to open my backup.pst file
> | but it asks for a password.  It doesn't let me advance leaving it
> | blank and it doesn't accept my POP3 email password.  When I created
> | the file I left the password field blank.
> |
> | I am able to get to my email through the web client and by setting up
> | a new POP3 account in 2007 but i can't access any of my old emails
> | some of which I really need.
> |
> | How can I get my emails?

0
notvalid5776 (249)
5/6/2009 11:22:16 AM
"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever> wrote in message

> Google for pstupg19 -
> http://www.google.com/search?q=pstupg19&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGIE_en

I was under the impression that doesn't work for Unicode PSTs.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)