Help Microsoft Office 2003

After now using Microsoft Office 2003 for about 3 months now, have suddenly
noticed that my email messages have just started showing strange symbols for
certain punctuation. This does not show as I type... but the recipent sees
these symbols when the message is received. I can see it when they reply
back.

The strange symbols show for the apostrophe and sometimes for the
exclaimation. I do not recognize the symbols.

I do not have caps lock on, do have number lock on. None of the symbols show
on my keys.

Help?! Thanks!
Kim
0
wright (17)

it's caused by character encoding. What email client and server does the
recipient use? It doesn't appear to support Unicode.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Kim Wright" <Kim Wright@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After now using Microsoft Office 2003 for about 3 months now, have
> suddenly
> noticed that my email messages have just started showing strange symbols
> for
> certain punctuation. This does not show as I type... but the recipent sees
> these symbols when the message is received. I can see it when they reply
> back.
>
> The strange symbols show for the apostrophe and sometimes for the
> exclaimation. I do not recognize the symbols.
>
> I do not have caps lock on, do have number lock on. None of the symbols
> show
> on my keys.
>
> Help?! Thanks!
> Kim

0
outlookmvp (5838)

exch 5.5 to exch 2003
I have an Exch 5.5 server on an NT4 domain. I also have an AD domain, no current exchange servers, with a trust relationship with the NT domain. I have now purchased new server hardware and Exchange Server 2003. My question is, is there a way to set up the exch 2003 server as a new installation, no co-existance with 5.5, and then migrate the 5.5 mailboxes over to it? Or do I have to do the coexistance thing? Thank you. Hi, It is possible to extract the user mailboxes with exmerge and then import these to a new system. Leif "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote i...

Pivot table help #11
I needed help with a Pivot table. In the attached excel sheet i am trying to use the Creatiion date (coloum X)as one of the filters in the pivot table. Could someone please guide me as to how i can filter with the Creation date as one of the pivot tables. Thanks Sammy ...

Need help with a query
Let me start by saying that I have very little experience in Access. I've learned what I know by "tinkering" around in it and a lot of the terminology I've seen on these boards is above my head. Here's the background to my question. I created an employee database that consists of one massive form with several tabs and on each tab there are several subforms. The main form was created from the Employee Header table and the subforms were created from queries from tables. The idea is when you open the form, you see an employee's basic info on the top ...

Duplicate entries in Outlook 2003
For some reason all my calendar entries in Outlook seem to either duplicated or are showing twice. Is there an easy way I can run a clean-up? Thanks. "Trent SC" <invalid@bogoff.invalid> wrote in message news:ORPCULy3HHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > For some reason all my calendar entries in Outlook seem to either > duplicated or are showing twice. Is there an easy way I can run a > clean-up? If a set of duplicates was created by a single action (like, for instance, syncing with a PDA) then the LastModificationTime values for the duplicates should all b...

Bar chart help wanted
Hello to everybody ! I have this kind of data: TIME VALUE 0:00:00 0 0:00:34 1 0:00:35 1 0:01:00 0 0:01:30 0 0:01:33 1 0:01:55 1 0:01:59 0 0:02:00 0 0:02:10 1 0:02:15 1 0:03:00 0 0:03:05 0 0:03:07 1 0:03:55 1 0:08:00 0 and I need to create bar chart that would have a bar of the hight equal to 1 at each time value where the "value" in table (Y-axis) equals one (and also between "one"s values). In all other time values the Y value is zero ! Excel bar chart seems to omit all values that are not in the dataset ! I need to include also those time values that are not expli...

Visio 2003 Org Chart Wizard Macro
Hi, If someone could do me a favour it would be much appreciated. In Visio 2003 i believe you can record macro actions, using the record, stop method in Visio itself. Please could someone record the process of going through the org chart wizard, linking through to an Access database, and then either post the code here or send to me. Many thanks, Scott ...

Migration from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 or 2003 ?
I am currently running Exchange 5.5 with 300 mailboxes. The size of the priv.edb is 25gb and pub.edb is 5gb. I am currently running a mixed mode environment (NT 4.0 and 2000). The remaining 4.0 servers consist of the the following servers e-mail, fax server, file server, blacberry server, ftp server. I have heard the migration to Exchange 2003 is easier than Exchange 2000. My only concern is how AD on Windows 2003 interacts with 2000 AD because our customer facing servers are running Windows 2000 mostly running IIS and applications. Thank-you Kevin Emore ...

help. outlook 2007. not listing contacts
Hi all, i have a small problem in that some of my contacts are not listed in my contacts, example: in address bar type 'b' get a list of all my 'b' contacts, barbara, ben, bill, etc but none of them appear in my address book, or contacts. only listed if i add them to address bar. My question is: where are they stored cos I want to delete one or more. I think they are addresses i have only replied to and never 'created' but have used for new messages, by just typing the first letter and selecting from there. Help please. Many thanks in advance. Lepak Lepak Nera...

Outlook 2003 Add-In buttons stop working after remote desktop connection
All current XP and Office patches installed (not XP SP2 yet). I'm not certain of exactly how to reproduce this because it is kind of random. I have a custom addin and after accessing outlook through a remote desktop connection the addin button stops working sometimes (keeps working at other times). At first I was thinking it was something with my addin, but I noticed that the same thing happens with Import New Assignments from the Project addin for outlook. When you click on the addin button on the toolbar nothing happens - it doesn't cause an error or anything, it's just like ...

Help, Excel Files Being Wiped Out: Data Lost or Corrupted
When I try to open certain Excel files, I get this message: Unable to read file. [OK] Unable to read file. [OK] Errors were detected ... MS was able to open the file by making the repairs below. Save the file to make the repairs permanent. Damage to the file so extensive that repairs were not possible. Excel attempted to recover your formulaes and values, but data may have been lost or corrupted. The resulting file is devoid of any formatting, and some formulaes are gone. It's really no use since it takes so much time to reconstruct these files. I've been saving 4 different v...

Help with profiles .pst files and roaming profiles
Hi all and thanks in advance for the future answers; Well, we have a enviromente that goes like this: 1 Domain Controller 1 Mail Server running KERIO MAIL SERVER 2 Terminal Servers running CITRIX PS 4.5 1 Server running the citrix console The problem: We have like 50 users now that connect to servers A or B and have their roaming profile working fine, all files and configs come and go, with the exception of the OUTLOOK profile. When i had to add SERVER B to the system, i had to copy users folders from server A and apply the same permissions one by one, otherwise outlook would not work and ...

Help rank features for future Dynamics GP releases
Each year, we ask customers to give us valuable insight into the enhancement of our products. When you give us your feedback and opinions, you help us refine our software to make it even more customer friendly. Please take a few moments to visit the URL below and complete the Product Advisory Board Survey now. This forum is an important way for us to get your opinion on our products, but this special opportunity is available for a limited time. https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/pabs -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. We w...

MICROSOFT PUBLISHER 2002 #6
I have windows xp/serive pac 2.aprox 6 months ago began receiving "pop-up window- windows installer-The feature u r trying to use is on a cd rom or other removable disk not available-Insert publisher 2002, This pop occurs every time i open window,tab,site etc? attempted tp create "Back-up File",would this cause pop up? have had desktop bout 2 years. Did you try a repair? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "rlh" <rlh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D525693E-D1...

Space bar does not work with Microsoft POS for .Net
I am writing a custom POS application using Microsoft POS for .Net 1.11. Currently I am having a problem where an application that is using the MSR keyboard I am unable to use the space bar. If I hit space 10-15 times it will usually show up though. This problem also occurs with the example MSR programs included in the Epson 1.9 SDK. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution? Thanks The solution to this came up in my other posting in the microsoft.public.windows.embedded.pointofservice newsgroup under the same topic header. Hope this helps someone. On Sep 25, 3:47 pm, "b...

OWA 5.5 failed to connect to the microsoft exchange server Messages
OK, here is the issue.. OWA 5.5 works great for users that use Outlook 2000 (or Lower version), but the uses that are using Outlook 2003, they are getting the "failed to connect to the microsoft exchange server" error when attempting to access the mail via the OWA page.. I've searched and searched for this one.. any answers.. and no, upgrading the server to 2000 or 2003 isn't a option right now. Thanks for your Help -- Paul HAve you applied all the post SP4 fixes for OWA that address OUtlook 2003 users? On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:33:02 -0800, "Paul Stone" <T...

Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report:
In CRM 1.2 When trying to create a custom view for Accounts, I get a dialog that pops up saying: Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: The statement has been terminated. Error Details: Detail on this error have not been proivded by the platform. Error Number: 0x80040E2F Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Query String: /tools/vieweditor/viewManager.aspxobjectTypeCode=1&mode=new I've never had this problem before. I've added plenty of custom views. It happens on the Web Client, on both client and CRM server machines. I tried looking up...

help!!! #2
Can somebody tell me the name and location of the file that holds the address book? I have reinstall the outlook and imported the contacts from a comma delimited file, all of the contacts appear on the contact folder but when I open a new message window and click on the TO: button to add recipients a message saying that the address book could not be found and after that it shows a window asking for the proper list to show in a drop down list; that drop down list says 3 times the word "contacts" and if I select the second then all the contacts would appear but I don't kn...

Office Help and Embeded links
Strange problem on one machine. Help files work, however, like the show all link or any of the other links that show up, clicking on them does nothing. All other machines are working with not problem, just this one. Uninstall/reinstall does not work. It is not the customer feedback problem or the default browser. Any ideas? ...

Which Office 2010 Configuration Do I Need For Our New Business?
We are starting a new medium sized business and need help deciding which MS Office products we will need. Can someone direct me to the proper place to get this information? So far I haven't been able to find anything. Thanks Office 2010 is still in BETA. You could review all info out there for 2007 which is available for purchase. Saidas wrote: > We are starting a new medium sized business and need help deciding which MS > Office products we will need. Can someone direct me to the proper place to > get this information? So far I haven't been able to find a...

Chart display help
How can I have the chart bars display the percentages and the data labels be the raw numbers? Is this possible? Hi, By default bar charts don't display percentages, however, you could create custom data labels by combing a calculation of the percentage with the actual value in another range and the using a program like the free XL Chart Labeler to pick up that range for the data labels. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Suppose the numbers that are your Values are in C2:C10, create a new column by entering the following formula in D2 =C2/SUM(C$2:C$10) Copy this fo...

problems installing outlook client: The Microsoft CRM Data File, M
Problem trying to install Microsoft CRM 3 Outlook desktop client on a PC running windows XP service Pack 2 and Outlook 2003 service Pack 2 connected to exchange. Originally downloaded ISO installation file from Microsoft downloads, and burnt CD. Installation failed, it seems the installation CD was corrupt. We then found our original installation CD, which when we installed it, it came up with two messages: - Microsoft Outlook was not initialized. Please run Outlook and configure your mail account. ---- Outlook is installed and running, there's no problem with this so I do not unde...

Outlook compatibility with older Office versions
Our environment consists of Lotus Notes, Office 2000, and Windows 2000 with some XP. We would like to move to Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007. We don't want to tie the migration to workstation OS or Office upgrades. Will Outlook work on the same machine as Office 2000? WIndows 2000? It will work on the same machine as Office 2000 but it requires Windows XP SP2 or later for the OS. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com "GAZ" <gregzook@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1187417988.013915.126510@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

Run-time Error '-2147217900 (80040e140': HELP!!
I receive the above error when I syn my offline database on one machine. Have disabled any firewalls and checked administrative rights. The rest of the error states "SQL Server blocked access to STATEMENT 'openrowset.........." Thanks Open Sql Server Surface Area Configuration, click on Surface Area Configurationi for Features at the bottom of the screen, Check the Enable OPENROWSET and OPENDATASOURCE support box. Then try to sync the database. "Tony" wrote: > I receive the above error when I syn my offline database on one machine. Have > disabled any f...

Out of Office reply when forwarded to a distribution group
I don't know if this is a limitation on Exchange, or if I just don't have the correct setting. The problem: Emails forwarded to a mail- enabled group of three individuals, within Exchange, do not generate the Out of Office assistant reply (from the original recipient). The Out of Office reply works when forwarding to one individual. I have checked the box that says "deliver mail to both recipient and forward, etc". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. What version of Exchange? Did you restart the OOF? It only sends once per address until its restarted. -- ...

Outlook 2003 #146
I have outlook 2003 connecting to an exchange 2003 server. My users connect via terminal services (windows 2000) I've just migrated from exchange 5.5 and outlook 2000. I want my users to work in cached mode so they can use the junk email filters build into outlook, but the option to select cached mode is greyed out. Any ideas why this would be, and how to fix it? Thanks On 13 Apr 2004 15:38, "James" <Homer@jamco> wrote: >I have outlook 2003 connecting to an exchange 2003 server. >My users connect via terminal services (windows 2000) I've just >migrated ...