HELP: Heavy Computer Slowdown during Outlook 2003 email download.

Hi,
I have Win Pro XP (with Service Pack 1) and Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6360 SP1)
Email System is based on POP3 and SMTP
I use Spamnet as antispam software (a Outlook plugin) and Trend Micro
Internet Security as an Antivirus.
No other plugins or addins on Outlook.

When I download emails, all other open programas aver very very slow and non
responsive. It does not freez but it is almost imposible to work on the
computer... al I can do is wait until all emails are downloaded. Then I have
control again.

ALso, it takes about 15 minutes every morning to download 2MB of emails.

I uninstalled SpamNet and disabeled the antivirus software... but the
problem persists....

I have about 30 rules... can this be the source of the problem ???

I would appreciate your help very much.. thanks !

Alex

0
casa5353 (14)

SBS08, interesting RWW Computer connection interruptions
I have just started to notice a strange difference between RWW on SBS 03 and SBS 08.... SBS 08 opens an SSL window that it states must remain open in order to keep your Computer/Server connection (remote desktop) remotely. By default, most firewall rules have a inactivity time-out period of XX minutes. In this case, the SSL window doesn't have any traffic once the RWW RDP session is created, at least none that I can see. So, unlike SBS 03, when you connect to a computer using RWW in O8, and the SSL timeout is set for 10 minutes on the firewall, you will be disconnected eve...

05: Citibank downloads incorrectly... and more complaints.
When I download my Citibank checking statements via the Yodlee service in Money 2005, all deposits are listed expenses and my balance is messed up. Why is this happening? When is Money 2005 going to add the 3000 banks which were once listed on the Money 2005 website and then removed *after* I purchased this product? I know some like Dick Watson say I should hand enter all this data, but the whole reason I bought this program is so with no muss or fuss I could have a program that in an automated fashion downloaded all of my banks, brokerages, credit cards, and other finicial informati...

2 Outlook .pst folders
Hi, When I go to the data file management, I am getting 2 PST folders listed. Both pointing to the same file, but one is marked in the Comment Column saying "mail delivery location". Any idea why? I'm seeing 3 Personal Folders listed in my listing. I'm using Outlook 2003. Thanks! Only you would have an idea why. Most likely it had to do with migrating your Outlook data incorrectly when you installed Outlook 2003. You now have a corrupt profile and need to create a new one. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Incoming Emails 01-15-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Email Client: pop Why am I suddenly getting the same emails sent to me over and over again whenever I log on? Every time I log on, I now get emails from last week that I've already received and even deleted. On 1/14/10 5:47 PM, in article 59bb0f88.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Trdwnds@officeformac.com" <Trdwnds@officeformac.com> wrote: > Why am I suddenly getting the same emails sent to me over and over again > whenever I log on? Every time I log on, I now get emails from last week that > I've al...

How do you set up a submit button to attach worksheet in email?
I am doing a form and I want to have a submit or send link on the bottom of the page. I know how to make hyperlinks but I dont know how to get it where when the user hits the send button it automatically saves that info and sends that form to the intended email address. Basically so you dont have to attach it yourself through email. Is there a way to do this? Have a look here for code to send mail http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Tips -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on a...

pgp error when opening Outlook 2000 Pro.
Please help. I have a computer that is running Windows XP Home and MSOffice 2000 Pro. Anyhow, when I try to open Outlook, it gives an error "pgpexch.dll" and says that virtual memory may be set to low. I don't know if the problem is with the file or with the virtual memory settings. I've gone into the virtual memory and set it to let Windows manage it but I still get the error. What can I do? Thanks in advance for your help. Sincerely, Rodney Brown ...

Cannot read Base64 encoded emails (OL98)
Hello folks, I have a problem with one of my Outlook 98 machines. One user (Ironically the boss!) cannot read base64 encoded emails, they come up as garbage, which I then have to run through a Base64 decoder. Other users also use Outlook 98, but can read the emails fine. the problem affects the message text and encoded objects. Mail is coming from the same local server (602 ProLan Suite). The machine with the error is running build 8.5.7806.0. The other machines (Which read messages fine) are both running build 8.5.5104.6. This leads me to thinking that the problem is a result of a ...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Sending email but outbox is empty
Hi NG, When I press send/receive Outlook shows in its status bar that it works on sending emails (Sending messages 1 of 4) but there is not mail in outbox. As a result I currently cannot send any other mails since Outlook keeps working on the 4 emails I don't see. Any ideas, I am clueless? - Thanks a lot for any help!!!! Dirk ...

set up email 07-14-10
hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is my Blackberry phone.everytime i try to set it up it comes back with all kinds of problems.my email on the phone works great,but i would rather have an account on my laptop.my phone is T-Mobile Blackberry Bold.i would be very thankful for any help. "Looster59" <Looster59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BE71BBC-D2DC-44F8-8C95-6F0810E00124@microsoft.com... > hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is > my > Blackberry phone.everytime...

Sharing Outlook #2

new email notification doesn't work?
In Outlook 2003, I have the option set for the semi-transparent notification window to pop up when I get new email, but it never does. Is there something I'm not doing right? Does it only come up in certain situations? Btw, I'm using the regular Inbox with a POP3 account. -- John Salerno Do you have rules moving your email to folders after receipt? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searchi...

Outlook user profiles

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Microsoft Money 2003
When I try to print a chart or report, I get the message "This program has caused a default, etc." and it shuts down. Can you give me some hints on how to correct this? Thanks Is this all reports or a particular one? If it's only one, try resetting the report. If that doesn't help, try it in a new file. If it does it in multiple files, you may need to try updating your printer driver or removing and reinstalling Money. "Mary J" <mjohns04@mail.win.org> wrote in message news:035001c377cc$e2e77840$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to print a chart or re...

Report Designer on Visual Studio 2005: Is it possible without 2003?
Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2003 to design new reports on CRM? I can't publish them on CRM when I have only the Visual Studio 2005 installed on my machine. When I install the SRS Designer, the Wizard tells me that I do not have the Visual Studio 2003. Thanks in advance! You need VS to create report rdl file. Visual Studio 2005 should work. To publish report you can log into CRM to upload your report file. "Juliano" <tom@jager.com> wrote in message news:B5808A28-946C-4F78-92DF-1C965F74448A@microsoft.com... > Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2...

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Question #3
Hello, We are currently migrating users to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. The 5.5 server is located here and the new 2003 server is located in a different office. One user (who we have moved already) is trying to access and user's calendar, but that user is still on 5.5. They are getting the following error: unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened Any ideas on how to make the user on 2003 (running Outlook 2003) connect to the user's calendar on the 5.5 server? The user has the "Owner" permission on the 5.5 calendar. Thanks! ...

Outlook Signatures #4

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook